• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

But Ravenholdt Manor tho

Is a boring location in the middle of fucking nowhere that always looked out of date and lifeless during the Fangs of the Father questline. At least now it'll be in a hub city with other things going on.

Jesus the nostalgia people have of 'MAN this sure is immersive, carrying 64 bag slots full of unopened lockboxes to the one of four NPCs in the middle of this shitty goddamn manor that raises my do-nothing rep with this do-nothing faction!' Ravenholdt is shit. They had four expansions to make it not shit. They didn't. They're not magically going to make it not-shit buy putting up a new flags in its tatty old location.

Had a slight urge to play WoW again, thought I'd mess around with the free to play, might resub for a month, haven't decided.

Never played alliance before so thought I'd give it a whirl. Went with dwarf and geez 1-20 in the dwarf zones is boring. Feels like classic wow.

Had a slight urge to play WoW again, thought I'd mess around with the free to play, might resub for a month, haven't decided.

Never played alliance before so thought I'd give it a whirl. Went with dwarf and geez 1-20 in the dwarf zones is boring. Feels like classic wow.

Are you in full looms? 1-15 should take like an hour and then non-stop dungeons.

Are you in full looms? 1-15 should take like an hour and then non-stop dungeons.

Haven't played in 9months, before the looms tab. And you can't get them until you login on the char that has them. And I was F2P so couldn't access those characters. So did it the slow way. Masochistic, but free.

How is leveling without Heirlooms masochistic? It's pretty fast without heirlooms, you're out of the starter area in like half an hour. And it only takes roughly 4 hours to hit 20. You can outlevel an area pretty quickly and move on without completing every quest in it.

The Worgen probably have the best/most exciting starting area of the Alliance races, the fall of Gilneas is kinda badass. Plus it's neat if you've played both sides with a Worgen and a Forsaken.

Robin64

Aside from streamlining not a lot changed in Dun Morogh. You do get to go to Ironforge Airport now, at least, and if you'd went gnome you'd have had a different 1-5 bit.

Drake

So here's a question. I had a free trial to Warlords. You can't level up past 90, but Blizzard says all the XP you earn after you hit 90 is saved and applied once you buy the x-pac. So I did, but none of my XP was applied to my character. I've done all the quests in Frostfire ridge and I'm about half of the way to 92 (I should be 93 right now). You don't qualify for the Goregrond questline until 92. How do I get this last half of a level? Am I going to have to grind it?

erawsd

So here's a question. I had a free trial to Warlords. You can't level up past 90, but Blizzard says all the XP you earn after you hit 90 is saved and applied once you buy the x-pac. So I did, but none of my XP was applied to my character. I've done all the quests in Frostfire ridge and I'm about half of the way to 92 (I should be 93 right now). You don't qualify for the Goregrond questline until 92. How do I get this last half of a level? Am I going to have to grind it?

Have you done the all events and killed/collected the rares? Those all reward as much as doing a quest. If you have done it all you can just go to goregon and start doing it there.

Showaddy

Unless he dies. With Anduin's increased prominence, it is certainly possible.

Yeah got a feeling Varian's biting it early days. Would make some sense out of all this 'Avatar of Goldrinn' shite if he sacrifices himself against The Legion saving everyone else as well.

my tank refuses to kill the haunting souls in the socrethar fight asgsdshjaga
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

ZenaxPure

Is a boring location in the middle of fucking nowhere that always looked out of date and lifeless during the Fangs of the Father questline. At least now it'll be in a hub city with other things going on.

The whole Ravenholdt thing confuses me because of the legendary quest chain. Like uh, last time I was at Ravenholdt I killed half the people there and basically burned the place to the ground. Why would they even want to let me back in?

I say fuck that place and give us a location that doesn't suck ass.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The whole Ravenholdt thing confuses me because of the legendary quest chain. Like uh, last time I was at Ravenholdt I killed half the people there and basically burned the place to the ground. Why would they even want to let me back in?

I say fuck that place and give us a location that doesn't suck ass.

I think it's just that it's the only existing location that is really specific to to rogues, so lots of folks had an immediate knee-jerk of "hey! sewers are dumb, give us Ravenholdt or riot!" even though it isn't actually all that cool of a place.

ZenaxPure

I think it's just that it's the only existing location that is really specific to to rogues, so lots of folks had an immediate knee-jerk of "hey! sewers are dumb, give us Ravenholdt or riot!" even though it isn't actually all that cool of a place.

Yeah pretty much.

Sewers sound nice from a gameplay perspective anyway. Considering you won't be able to put an AH or bank or anything in your class hall like your garrison you will need to travel between the two more often this time so having your class hall directly connected to the main hub of the expansion sounds pretty great.

cdyhybrid

Yeah pretty much.

Sewers sound nice from a gameplay perspective anyway. Considering you won't be able to put an AH or bank or anything in your class hall like your garrison you will need to travel between the two more often this time so having your class hall directly connected to the main hub of the expansion sounds pretty great.

Hopefully all the class halls have portals to Dalaran =\

Khezu

I'm with you guys on the sewers being a way more interesting place then ravenw/e.

I loved hanging out in the sewer area in Dalran more then the actual city.

Lomax

Lost XP at any cap is lost, I don't know of any time that's ever not been the case, it isn't stored somewhere. Maybe if you upgrade the minute you hit the cap you'll get that XP but nothing else. That said, if you want to do something semi-productive instead of just grind mobs, the best bet would be to go back and do Pandaria dailies (or any unfinished quest lines), they should still give solid XP. Or just run a dungeon or two until you are caught up.

Aeana

So what are good garrison buildings to go for for money? Someone else told me to go with a level 3 gem boutique and do the dailies for the bags that give up to 300g, that sounds pretty good.

So what are good garrison buildings to go for for money? Someone else told me to go with a level 3 gem boutique and do the dailies for the bags that give up to 300g, that sounds pretty good.

Salvage Yard and your two profession buildings, for sure.

For good money, get people with the Treasure Hunter ability and do all of Harrison Jones dailies to get him. Money will flow in, epsecially if you get the Blingtron Vault mission. This takes a while to build up.

If you really need some more cash, use the Barn.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
LFR gives you so good cash too. 154g per run once a week

This is horrible advice, you can potentially LOSE money doing this from repair bills, especially LFR. You can make upwards of 5k a week on a single character doing garrison gold missions. Not including buying draenic dust with extra garrison resources.

If you have a profession, doing your daily cooldown and selling the mats through craftables is a huge profit even if you buy the materials needed to do your cooldown. I make a bunch of money selling upgrade tokens or armor, depending on what has the higher margin at the time.

But man, do LFR for gold has got to be the worst thing I've seen.

cdyhybrid

This is horrible advice, you can potentially LOSE money doing this from repair bills, especially LFR. You can make upwards of 5k a week on a single character doing garrison gold missions. Not including buying draenic dust with extra garrison resources.

If you have a profession, doing your daily cooldown and selling the mats through craftables is a huge profit even if you buy the materials needed to do your cooldown. I make a bunch of money selling upgrade tokens or armor, depending on what has the higher margin at the time.

But man, do LFR for gold has got to be the worst thing I've seen.

I seriously wonder where all these horror story LFRs are. The worst ones I've had in like 2 years have been 3 wipes total, not even close to 150g.

Dunemaul's a medium pop server but holy shit was Draenor (Spires of Arak and Shadowmoon) a ghosttown. I've got a pvp Hunter toon there to play with a friend, we went looking to gank cos that's what he likes to do. Turned on track humanoids and we found virtually no one in two zones, except this one poor bastard in Spires we killed multiple times.

ZenaxPure

The real problem with LFR as any sort of gold income is that it is above else just slow. In less amount of time you can be doing Cata 25 man heroic raids and making like 8x more gold. They are very easy to solo now too considering you can go to Tanaan and reach ilvl 650ish in a few hours which is high enough to do those raids very quickly.

Robin64

LFR is just too pot luck. Sometimes I get a group that sails through without a single word spoken, an almost flawless run. But then other times I get a group where people have to yell at others to do things, which they ignore, and the whole raid wipes. Actually this week I only queued for the first two wings, just because I didn't fancy my chances with the sliiiightly more complex third and fourth ones.

Top Bottom