• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

georly

There isn't one. WoW-GAF is a diaspora.

You can't re-sell tokens that you buy from the exchange, so to do that, you would have to buy two now and sell one bought from Blizzard later.

Ok good to know, thank you. If anyone has a guild that would be willing to welcome a casual paladin lvl 90, let me know :)

Looking for one with anyone who might be willing to run old-school content for fun (if any of the old raids still exist?)

Weebos

Banned
Ok good to know, thank you. If anyone has a guild that would be willing to welcome a casual paladin lvl 90, let me know :)

Looking for one with anyone who might be willing to run old-school content for fun (if any of the old raids still exist?)

The old raids still exist and are pretty easy to solo.

They even added a bunch of pets to them as an incentive to go back and do them.

ZenaxPure

You can run any raid pre Mists of Pandaria alone very easily. One of the things in this expansion was the item squish which leveled out old items to scale more naturally instead of the giant stat boots blizzard did each raid tier to increase character power. A side effect of lowering all those stats would mean those raids would be impossible to solo so they added in a scaling damage thing so that enemies a lower level than you deal significantly less damage and take more damage from your attacks. You can blaze through raids with 0 issues in 99% of cases (there will still be random one shot mechanics that might get you but it depends on the boss.)

georly

The old raids still exist and are pretty easy to solo.

They even added a bunch of pets to them as an incentive to go back and do them.

You can run any raid pre Mists of Pandaria alone very easily. One of the things in this expansion was the item squish which leveled out old items to scale more naturally instead of the giant stat boots blizzard did each raid tier to increase character power. A side effect of lowering all those stats would mean those raids would be impossible to solo so they added in a scaling damage thing so that enemies a lower level than you deal significantly less damage and take more damage from your attacks. You can blaze through raids with 0 issues in 99% of cases (there will still be random one shot mechanics that might get you but it depends on the boss.)

That's wonderful to hear. Looking to do vanilla and BC raids, mainly, but naxx would be fun also. Are those all still ok? (MC, BWL, ZG, AQ, etc?)

StMeph

If you haven't been back since TBC, Naxx as it was has been removed and is now re-used as a raid in WotLK for Tier 7. Tier 3 is no longer conventionally available and can only be found on the BMAH. Corrupted Ashbringer is totally gone -- except apparently for Paladins in Legion, soon.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
That's wonderful to hear. Looking to do vanilla and BC raids, mainly, but naxx would be fun also. Are those all still ok? (MC, BWL, ZG, AQ, etc?)

ZG is a 5 man dungeon now(ZA too), the bosses are different from what they used to be I think(never played the raids), but since it's outdated content now, you will kinda miss the cool boss mechanics since they'll die in 2 secs.

Bisnic

It would be neat to have an official Gaf server, if even just to roll alts on. I elect Stormrage alliance :p.

I think we tried a few times in the past, but most of the time, players just go back to their mains (or their alts on the same server) after a few days or weeks.

georly

Yes, but the first boss of BWL is a little tricky to solo. I'd recommend youtubing it

Yeah I remember drakkisath. Had to mind control him and take care of the adds following him, so I can imagine that being a bit tricky.

ZG is a 5 man dungeon now(ZA too), the bosses are different from what they used to be I think(never played the raids), but since it's outdated content now, you will kinda miss the cool boss mechanics since they'll die in 2 secs.

5 man? that's silly, were they remade for another expac?

I'm just trying to relive the glory days and maybe it'll hook me again, who knows.

Jag

It would be neat to have an official Gaf server, if even just to roll alts on. I elect Stormrage alliance :p.

You are all also welcome on Whisperwind Alliance.

Wish WoW had the same type of Guild System as ESO. Probably easy to do since Bnet chat already does it.

ZenaxPure

5 man? that's silly, were they remade for another expac?

I'm just trying to relive the glory days and maybe it'll hook me again, who knows.

They were redone in Cata. ZG was a remake, it's a weird ass dungeon by WoW standards as it was mostly just optional bosses and loads of optional mini-bosses that dropped stuff like profession mats. Most of the bosses were bosses from the original dungeon but completely different mechanics. Personally I actually like the dungeon a lot more than the original raid, it was a fun place to run with friends who weren't going to simply skip everything.

ZA is the exact same as it was before mechanically, just a dungeon instead of a raid.

They both had updated stories though since the patch was the start of a little mini-story that has been going on in the background of the game for the past few expansions. There is a quest chain that explains what is going on in them and all the NPCs outside of ZA were removed and changed with other NPCs that talk about what is going on inside the dungeon.

Rokal

Hey guys, I just resubscribed for the first time since burning crusade (though my brother played on my account through WotLK) and my copy of draenor will be here tuesday, which comes with a lvl 90 boost

If you haven't played since TBC, all of the 1-60 leveling content was completely redone. Plus there have been four expansions since TBC, WOTLK (70-80), Cata (80-85), MoP (95-90), and WoD (90-100).

In other words, you may want to skip using the level 90 boost and just try starting from 1. Revisiting old leveling zones you remember and seeing how they have changed or what old references & Easter eggs were put in, then experiencing the leveling content from expansions you missed, will probably be more fun than using the 90 boost and rushing to WoD content. WoD isn't great. Starting from 1 doesn't take very long (1-100 takes *far* less time than the old 1-60) and you'll be able to move onto to new content before you get bogged down or bored. You can always save the 90 boost for another class if you decide you don't love what you picked by the time you reach 90.

Respect

Was there any announcement of reducing "button bloat" for Legion? I personally hope not as the last time blizz's idea of reducing bloat resulted in my classes losing great abilities that were fun/interesting to use.

cdyhybrid

Was there any announcement of reducing "button bloat" for Legion? I personally hope not as the last time blizz's idea of reducing bloat resulted in my classes losing great abilities that were fun/interesting to use.

I don't remember them saying anything about that.

Jag

I can't imagine there is much more bloat to reduce unless they go to a HOTS type QWER system.

Speaking of Heroes, playing it for the first time and first time MOBA. Kind of fun, but I've won 1 out of like 20 matches. At level 10 and slogging to 20 for the WoW pet.

ZenaxPure

I can't imagine there is much more bloat to reduce unless they go to a HOTS type QWER system.

Speaking of Heroes, playing it for the first time and first time MOBA. Kind of fun, but I've won 1 out of like 20 matches. At level 10 and slogging to 20 for the WoW pet.

I just did it during one of their 100% xp weekend things. Made it really fast with double xp + another 50% from playing with friends. Actually got to level 40 from level 1 during that last event.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

If anything it's the opposite. They're trying to make everything unique again. I don't imagine single specs will have a ton of unique abilities, but collectively each class overall should be getting quite a few new abilities.

keffri

I bought into the Legion hype and decided to resubscribe. I've been reading the Warcraft books lately which help me get into the game, and make me want to learn more about it.

I'm currently a level 91 Blood Death Knight (Alliance-Trollbane). If anyone wants to do some quests or dungeons I'm always down. My battle tag is keffri#1779

ampere

That pet is such bullshit in pvp pet battles, but I don't like playing mobas

Rixxan

was gladiator way back in the day

just made a new account and feel totally out classed, no pun intended

best strategy to get back into it is to do ashran and bg's until i complete the 'epic' tier pvp set (conquest points gear) - and then start to arena to get the rating req gear?

ampere

was gladiator way back in the day

just made a new account and feel totally out classed, no pun intended

best strategy to get back into it is to do ashran and bg's until i complete the 'epic' tier pvp set (conquest points gear) - and then start to arena to get the rating req gear?

The rating required gear now is purely cosmetic. Anyone can get a full set of 730 ilevel pvp gear, but there's still a 7250 conquest earned requirement before you can buy a weapon.

But yes, you have the best strat planned out. There's a large catch-up cap so you can conceivably cap conquest to ~12k or so if you play a ton this week. If you are Horde-US there are some good Ashran premades that can get you fast conq

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
98% chance and both epic ships destroyed.............Blizzard why did you think this was fun gameplay?

master plan just put in ships for 90% chance and they both blew up.

...I had two ships that could 100% it.

I should've looked at it, but usually just right clicking the fuckers gives you the highest %, for some reason it didn't work.

Tacitus_

Where is this exactly? I'm looking around and don't see anything.
About here
xkuyum0.jpg

Where this guy spawns http://www.wowhead.com/npc=92552/belgork

Jag

That pet is such bullshit in pvp pet battles, but I don't like playing mobas

HOTS is ok, but yeah, I'm getting the pet for pvp.

98% chance and both epic ships destroyed.............Blizzard why did you think this was fun gameplay?

I've played WoW since launch, with some breaks, and my personal opinion is that permanently destroying ships may be one of the worst gameplay decisions Blizz has made.

I'm currently on the Legendary portion of the shipyard and need to get my fleet status back up to Epic, but I'm contemplating retrofitting the fleet with the indestructible mod which will cost 10k Garrison resources for the entire fleet and take up a precious spot.

georly

Hey guys, thanks for the tips about old raid content! I ran through MC solo last night and it was a huge nostalgia trip. I already had all of my tier 1 gear but I'm missing two pieces of tier two, which I plan to farm for in BWL for nostalgia. Thank you so much for letting me know that it's possible to solo old raid content, it was so much fun.

Robin64

Best bit about flying Draenor is I can finally fly around to every mining node for Felblight to get my axe from level 5 to level 6. I swear, the drop rate is so low, so I just haven't bothered (aside from ones I run past) until flight is out.

Weebos

Banned
With flight I might actually do Archaeology again.

The offerings in Draenor are real weak though, especially compared to Pandaria.

cdyhybrid

I just figured out what I'm going to be doing until Legion. Farming Lunkers for the Account-wide books from Nat Pagle so my DH can instantly be at 700 Fishing :p

georly

If you haven't played since TBC, all of the 1-60 leveling content was completely redone. Plus there have been four expansions since TBC, WOTLK (70-80), Cata (80-85), MoP (95-90), and WoD (90-100).

In other words, you may want to skip using the level 90 boost and just try starting from 1. Revisiting old leveling zones you remember and seeing how they have changed or what old references & Easter eggs were put in, then experiencing the leveling content from expansions you missed, will probably be more fun than using the 90 boost and rushing to WoD content. WoD isn't great. Starting from 1 doesn't take very long (1-100 takes *far* less time than the old 1-60) and you'll be able to move onto to new content before you get bogged down or bored. You can always save the 90 boost for another class if you decide you don't love what you picked by the time you reach 90.

I leveled my priest from 75 to 90, so I got to experience all the normal dungeons and a couple of zones for each expac. Got a good feel, I think. Don't know if I wanna sub long enough to level another class from 1 to 100. I just wanna do dungeons and relive my vanilla glory days.

StMeph

I leveled my priest from 75 to 90, so I got to experience all the normal dungeons and a couple of zones for each expac. Got a good feel, I think. Don't know if I wanna sub long enough to level another class from 1 to 100. I just wanna do dungeons and relive my vanilla glory days.

Azeroth was overhauled and rebuilt in/for Cataclysm, so the 1-60 that you used to know isn't the same anymore.

georly

Azeroth was overhauled and rebuilt in/for Cataclysm, so the 1-60 that you used to know isn't the same anymore.

See, that's a negative to me. I'd be much more likely to level 1-60 if I could relive the way I leveled back then and do a lot of the old school quests. I guess I can always do that on a custom server :/

See, that's a negative to me. I'd be much more likely to level 1-60 if I could relive the way I leveled back then and do a lot of the old school quests. I guess I can always do that on a custom server :/

The new quest paths blow the old ones out of the water. You should not be missing 'classics' like 'Rhapsody's Kalimdor Kocktail' or the old Scarlet Monastery chain.

georly

The new quest paths blow the old ones out of the water. You should not be missing 'classics' like 'Rhapsody's Kalimdor Kocktail' or the old Scarlet Monastery chain.

Alright, I'll consider leveling a druid then. I have a priest, plan to boost a paladin, and druid seems versatile enough to solo and I haven't played one since vanilla.

Bisnic

Alright, I'll consider leveling a druid then. I have a priest, plan to boost a paladin, and druid seems versatile enough to solo and I haven't played one since vanilla.

A word of warning : Even without heirlooms, you are sure to outlevel zones before you even finish all the quest chains in them, so if you play the quests for the story, you might end up playing a lot of them while they're green or gray. :p

georly

A word of warning : Even without heirlooms, you are sure to outlevel zones before you even finish all the quest chains in them, so if you play the quests for the story, you might end up playing a lot of them while they're green or gray. :p

Yeah, I noticed in cata/pandaria I got to max expansion level in ONE of the zones. Old exp boosted by quite a bit. That and dungeons + quests.

I usually like clearing all the quests in a zone before moving on, but will usually say screw it and move on if they're too low level. I'll stick around if they're interesting. How well does dungeon finder work 1-60? Is it even worth it? It was totally worth it 75-90.

Bisnic

Yeah, I noticed in cata/pandaria I got to max expansion level in ONE of the zones. Old exp boosted by quite a bit. That and dungeons + quests.

I usually like clearing all the quests in a zone before moving on, but will usually say screw it and move on if they're too low level. I'll stick around if they're interesting. How well does dungeon finder work 1-60? Is it even worth it? It was totally worth it 75-90.

It's even more worth it between 15-55, you can gain like 2 levels per dungeon runs the first time you do them with their quests. But that's with a bunch of heirlooms, I wouldn't know without them.

If your goal is to experience the quests from 1-60 then I would avoid dungeon finder entirely. One dungeon clear is going to turn every quest in your log grey.

Dungeon finder dries up during the 80-85 grind as people suck at those dungeons.

Top Bottom