• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

georly

It's even more worth it between 15-55, you can gain like 2 levels per dungeon runs the first time you do them with their quests. But that's with a bunch of heirlooms, I wouldn't know without them.

I don't even know what an heirloom is or how to get it!

If your goal is to experience the quests from 1-60 then I would avoid dungeon finder entirely. One dungeon clear is going to turn every quest in your log grey.

Dungeon finder dries up during the 80-85 grind as people suck at those dungeons.

80-85 was fine, but I was also priest, so success was entirely dependent on me being a good healer :p I had no issues, but people really did suck and make my life harder. Mages and warlocks only doing AOE, tanks not holding aggro correctly, etc. Good gravy. Then of course they blame the healer when the dps dies because I wasn't healing them... even though I was trying to keep the tank alive who was taking abnormally too much damage every hit. Sigh.

It'll be hard to resist some dungeons, though. I have fond memories of uldaman and blackfathom, and of course stockades and deadmines. ;_;

Scarlet monastery I ran a bit tooooooooo much so i might pass on those.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't even know what an heirloom is or how to get it!

It's gear that lvl with you, with stats as good as blue items(maybe slightly better), and half of them come with a +10% XP boost each. Which means your alt might use the same sword from lvl 1 to 90(i think it was boosted to 100 with WoD, not sure)

You can only buy them at max lvl though with gold and other ressources, so they're only good for alts, not first time people.

Weebos

Banned
It's gear that lvl with you, with stats as good as blue items(maybe slightly better), and half of them come with a +10% XP boost each. Which means your alt might use the same sword from lvl 1 to 90(i think it was boosted to 100 with WoD, not sure)

You can only buy them at max lvl though with gold and other ressources, so they're only good for alts, not first time people.

Can't you buy them at level 70? Or have they changed that since Wrath?

I bought most of mine then.

georly

Sounds like i'll try to get some once I get my priest or pally to 100 for my druid or rogue or something.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Can't you buy them at level 70? Or have they changed that since Wrath?

I bought most of mine then.

I'm not 100% sure. I know there is still heirlooms you can buy with Champion seals from the tournament in Icecrown, so I guess you could buy some heirlooms at lvl 80? And there is also some of them from Darkmoon Faire I believe... But then, who would want to waste time doing that at lvl 80 when they could be lvling? Plus, you also need to upgrade them every time you reach a past expansion's max lvl too.

Dear lord this stealth quest with Garona for the Legendary questline is terrible. Probably the worst designed quest since fucking Vanilla.

It doesn't even work right!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Dear lord this stealth quest with Garona for the Legendary questline is terrible. Probably the worst designed quest since fucking Vanilla.

FCB8C75544A4B3DC704357D2239D35C2DCF2020A

It works right. It's just a pain in the ass.

FCB8C75544A4B3DC704357D2239D35C2DCF2020A

It works right. It's just a pain in the ass.

No it fucking didn't, half the time Garona wouldn't even kill them and they just despawned like 6 seconds later, and being spotted or not seemed to be completely random.

In all my years probably the worst quest I've done. Thank God I managed to bullshit past them somehow and activate the Gul'dan cutscene before I got destroyed.

Was worth it to get Garona follower though

phierce

It's that's your worst WoW idea to bitch about, consider yourself lucky.

Personally, I had zero issues with it three times now.

Jag

It's that's your worst WoW idea to bitch about, consider yourself lucky.

Personally, I had zero issues with it three times now.

Yeah, took me a few minutes to get the mechanics of Garona, but it was easy once you understand.

Robin64

Garona was a little buggy when I did it, but once I realised what was bugging it was a piece of cake.

For me, whenever I marked a target to kill, she wouldn't do it.. then about 5 seconds later that target would despawn. So knowing that, it wasn't difficult at all, just odd.

Garona's stealth mission is probably the least bullshit out of all the legendary quests. The Kaizordomu quest is more bullshit. The RNG behind getting stones/tomes is more bullshit. The Shipyard integration is more bullshit.

It's annoying and time consuming, but not so bad that it stands out on its own amongst the other shit you put up with for a ring.

iirate

Garona's stealth mission is probably the least bullshit out of all the legendary quests. The Kaizordomu quest is more bullshit. The RNG behind getting stones/tomes is more bullshit. The Shipyard integration is more bullshit.

It's annoying and time consuming, but not so bad that it stands out on its own amongst the other shit you put up with for a ring.

I had heard horror stories about the Garona quest, but I was pleasantly surprised. The only issue I had was that I killed the whole camp and actually ran past Gul'Dan/Grom while trying to find the first trigger/objective. >.<

I had heard horror stories about the Garona quest, but I was pleasantly surprised. The only issue I had was that I killed the whole camp and actually ran past Gul'Dan/Grom while trying to find the first trigger/objective. >.<

I think it helped that I did Fangs of the Father back in the day, but I wasn't even all that mad after failing to get past the first chokepoint 3 times in a row. Just sucked it up and went super super slow.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Open group finder and join any group on another realm after starting the quest. All the mobs despawn. Run to the marker for the objective, drop group, kill guy. Rejoin another group using group finder. Run to next marker, drop group, click item. Done with no hassle.

Shahadan

Open group finder and join any group on another realm after starting the quest. All the mobs despawn. Run to the marker for the objective, drop group, kill guy. Rejoin another group using group finder. Run to next marker, drop group, click item. Done with no hassle.

Doesn't work anymore afaik. It didn't for my alt and a guildmate last week in any case

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I think Archimonde LFR is going to hit 10 determination stacks.

And I am not sure if we will be able to kill him with that...

Entropia

No One Remembers
6 Stacks now.

Things that'll be fixed:
Health
sending tank + 1 Healer + 3 DPS randomly into the banish phase
Infernal health regen

Entropia

No One Remembers
6 Stacks of determination to get him down. Not bad. Thought it'd take 8-10, haha

And Emi: WTF? Super lucky, I haven't seen the ring missions yet :(

SBlbNP5.jpg

Boo ya! :lol

EmiPrime

6 Stacks of determination to get him down. Not bad. Thought it'd take 8-10, haha

And Emi: WTF? Super lucky, I haven't seen the ring missions yet :(

I was lucky enough to get the strength ring a couple of days ago. :) I just keep doing all the naval missions on the map, not really caring about success just to clear them. Not sure if that helps make them spawn. As long as my pandaren ships with ghostly spyglasses stay up I don't care about the others.

Tornhelm

Neo Member
Doesn't work anymore afaik. It didn't for my alt and a guildmate last week in any case

Roll a Marksmanship Hunter. Chimera Shot with a crafted weapon pretty much one-hits everything in there, so you can just cast that every 8 seconds to knock everything out.

Tarazet

A word of warning : Even without heirlooms, you are sure to outlevel zones before you even finish all the quest chains in them, so if you play the quests for the story, you might end up playing a lot of them while they're green or gray. :p

I'm not so sure. I leveled two toons in Vanilla zones recently to get Loremaster. Even in full looms, what would usually happen is I would have green quests by the end, and would end up skipping what would have been the next zone. So I would do the 10-20 zone, then the 25-30, then the 35-40, and then you could just go straight 45-60 because the XP slows down.

cdyhybrid

3 Tomes left. Also two treasure missions away from finishing that quest. Annoying that they all require a submarine, but my submarine is almost always occupied with those two-day legendary quest missions.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I really should have known better than to assume you could get the Legendary by just getting the Tomes that take a billion years to farm. This is one of those things I would have just randomly finished if it weren't for the fact that all of the content in the game is so profoundly unfun - meaning, I would have just obtained Level 3 yard and all the treasure missions if it weren't for the fact that every time I log in there's a blockade which destroys my boats permanently if I fail. So I end up having to log in three times just to do any of those quests, which I just never ended up doing, so I'm way behind on those even though I have all 33 Tomes of Chaos.

But yeah, I just can't take it anymore: not gonna grind even more Skinner Box bullshit in awful half-assed Tanaan in order to....grind even more Skinner Box bullshit shipyard nonsense (easily some of the laziest garbage content ever put in the game) that also randomly have blockades for no reason other than randomly adding more unskippable time gates. Unsubbed. =/

ZenaxPure

This is like the thing stopping me from getting my ring right now. Should have been done with it weeks ago but I can't bring myself to sit in a hour+ queue. There is just nothing fun to do in game while I wait for that damn thing to pop and I'm not just going to sit alt tabbed for an hour watching youtube or something.

This is like the thing stopping me from getting my ring right now. Should have been done with it weeks ago but I can't bring myself to sit in a hour+ queue. There is just nothing fun to do in game while I wait for that damn thing to pop and I'm not just going to sit alt tabbed for an hour watching youtube or something.

PUG normal mode until you get a tome

JSoup

Banned

The glitch everyone used on the first day doesn't work any more, but there are other work arounds depending on your class.

Jag

I really should have known better than to assume you could get the Legendary by just getting the Tomes that take a billion years to farm. This is one of those things I would have just randomly finished if it weren't for the fact that all of the content in the game is so profoundly unfun - meaning, I would have just obtained Level 3 yard and all the treasure missions if it weren't for the fact that every time I log in there's a blockade which destroys my boats permanently if I fail. So I end up having to log in three times just to do any of those quests, which I just never ended up doing, so I'm way behind on those even though I have all 33 Tomes of Chaos.

But yeah, I just can't take it anymore: not gonna grind even more Skinner Box bullshit in awful half-assed Tanaan in order to....grind even more Skinner Box bullshit shipyard nonsense (easily some of the laziest garbage content ever put in the game) that also randomly have blockades for no reason other than randomly adding more unskippable time gates. Unsubbed. =/

Good for you. Just lost another epic ship to a blockade because I need the treasure missions. I can't believe Blizz won't change perma loss. Do they know what effect this has on their player base?

Robin64

Lost one of my epic ships on a 98% mission today. Not going to replace. Really couldn't give two shits now about that.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Lost one of my epic ships on a 98% mission today. Not going to replace. Really couldn't give two shits now about that.

Yeah I lost two ships yesterday.

Pretty annoyed.

Aside from the achievements, I don't even need to do naval missions anymore.

georly

Got my copy of draenor last night and boosted my old pally to 90.

Immediately went back to my priest and ran BWL/AQ solo. Shame I couldn't solo the one boss in AQ since I have no frost spells, and the twins in AQ took a while to out damage their healing, that was fun.

But mainly, i'm starting to remember why I quit wow! I keep playing way past my bedtime ;_;

Top Bottom