• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Jag

Shame I couldn't solo the one boss in AQ since I have no frost spells, and the twins in AQ took a while to out damage their healing, that was fun.

See if there is a weapon you can buy that uses frost damage. I bought a cheap white bow that uses frost and was able to kill that ooze in AQ with it. Doesn't matter the level of the item. Those AQ pets sell very well. Especially the one off the twins.

Robin64

Enchant Weapon - Elemental Force works too.

Or Frost Oil.

But yeah, one of the vendors in Storm Peaks sells white weapons with frost damage on.

georly

See if there is a weapon you can buy that uses frost damage. I bought a cheap white bow that uses frost and was able to kill that ooze in AQ with it. Doesn't matter the level of the item. Those AQ pets sell very well. Especially the one off the twins.

Anubisath Idol and Emerald Proto Whelp are the two guys most likely to take out PvE Trainers 1v3.

Is there any frost weapon for priest? I guess I can look for a 1h mace?

Oh, i got some pet, not sure which, and I used it. Didn't realize I could sell them. Neat. I'll keep an eye out. I need money badly to buy rider training stuff. Just spent 4k on one and now it wants another 4k for the next one ;_; Riding mounts (fast) is expensive. I could use more money (and bigger bags, still have 16 slots all around). I'll look into selling off my reagents, too, see if anything is worth anything. Unfortunately my priest is tailoring and engineering, so I can't farm herbs/minerals/skin and sell those.

I'm not sure I understand pet pokemon stuff, and I'm not sure I want to get into it, but it's neat I guess.

Enchant Weapon - Elemental Force works too.

Or Frost Oil.

But yeah, one of the vendors in Storm Peaks sells white weapons with frost damage on.

Wow, cool, i'll look into that. Thanks! Instance resets in a week, so I'll do it then, again :)

StMeph

I need money badly to buy rider training stuff. Just spent 4k on one and now it wants another 4k for the next one ;_; Riding mounts (fast) is expensive. I could use more money (and bigger bags, still have 16 slots all around).

Gold income grows with each expansion, so gold issues in older expansions (pre-WoD) are resolved naturally just by getting to higher levels. Quest reward and vendor trash all result in substantially higher income, and generally more than enough to pay for anything you might need or want from older expansions.

If gold is your main concern, you're better off spending that time toward leveling higher and into WoD than any amount of farming in earlier expansions.

Jag

Wow, cool, i'll look into that. Thanks! Instance resets in a week, so I'll do it then, again :)

I think you may need to have done some quests in Storm Peaks to get vendor access, but frost oil should work.

If you got the Idol off the Twins, you can put it in a cage and sell it on the AH. It's going for about 2600g on my server.

georly

Gold income grows with each expansion, so gold issues in older expansions (pre-WoD) are resolved naturally just by getting to higher levels. Quest reward and vendor trash all result in substantially higher income, and generally more than enough to pay for anything you might need or want from older expansions.

If gold is your main concern, you're better off spending that time toward leveling higher and into WoD than any amount of farming in earlier expansions.

I'm farming earlier expansions for nostalgia's sake. Good to know gold will be less of an issue as I level.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got my second Coalfist Gronnling last night. The market on them seems to be bottoming out, so I am thinking if I hold onto it for a while (after Legion launches), it might go back up in price as people will no longer spending much time in the garrisons, and there may be a lot of folks who quit early into WoD coming back.

I hope this is how economy happens

Robin64

People on wowhead are all "Oh you need at least 10 followers at 675, and you need to be at that too"

Well I have 25 followers at 675 and I'm 686.

ZenaxPure

Still haven't seen the Coalfist Gronnling mission. :\

I went over a month without getting the mission on any of my characters so I went to my horde alt server and just bought one for 12k.... Then bam literally the next day I get one on my main server and I ended up selling it for like 15k.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jag

People on wowhead are all "Oh you need at least 10 followers at 675, and you need to be at that too"

Well I have 25 followers at 675 and I'm 686.

It's part of a rotation of 675 level missions. I think you only get 1 a week or something. Think I got a Blackmarket Representative sitting in my Garrison.

Robin64

Hey look, some guys got together a coordinated group of raiders familiar with the encounter to go into Archimonde LFR and defeat him at average ilvl of 395.

y0Ftn4P.png

"Stop complaining, start playing better."

Well, you heard the guys.

cdyhybrid

Hey look, some guys got together a coordinated group of raiders familiar with the encounter to go into Archimonde LFR and defeat him at average ilvl of 395.

Completely misses the point of LFR :lol

If they really wanted to make a statement they'd have done it without bossmods and without any kind of voice comms. That's the only way to really emulate the LFR experience.

Otherwise they're just being assholes.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
There are two big threads on both the official forums and mmochamp about how CM Lore is "arrogant" because he had a back and forth on twitter with someone and was trying to explain that Blizzard thinks it makes sense that flying, which you can only do out in the non-instanced areas of the world, would be unlocked by engaging in activities that take place out in the world. People are upset that the counter argument of "I like to pvp and dailies suck" is not compelling Blizzard to change their plans.

WoW really does have the worst community.

Robin64

Yeah, I saw the conversation posted on mmo-c. I was pretty annoyed, and agreeing with the dev. If you only do PvP, why do you need to fly round Draenor? It makes sense.

why are raiders and pvpers left grounded when it comes to Draenor Pathfinder?
Counter-question: If you're only interested in raids, battlegrounds, or arenas, why do you care about flying in the open world? (CM_Lore)
If you want to fly, we want you to earn it - just like you earn gear, or titles, or basically everything else in the game. Earning flying - which is world content - through PvP would be just as weird as earning PvP gear through daily quests. (CM_Lore)
so like when i earned my first 310% speed flying mount through PvP, that was weird?
That was also... what, 3 expansions ago? (CM_Lore)
what's your point? flight has never been restricted to a single playstyle in the past, why now?
We want flight to be a reward, not something you spend some gold on once you hit max level. And we want earning that reward to involve doing content that's directly relevant to flight. (CM_Lore)
are you saying that players should be bored and frustrated to "earn" something we've already enjoyed for 8+ years?
I'm saying if you don't want to put in the minimal effort that's required to earn flying, then you won't get it. That's fine. I haven't done the rep grinds either. If I don't get flying, that's my own fault. (CM_Lore)
the main thing i'm getting from you guys is that you think flying is only relevant to world PvEers. and that just isn't true.
Not at all. We just want it to be something you earn, and world PvE is the best fit for it. (CM_Lore)
I mean, could you imagine the uproar if for instance you couldn't ding 110 without winning 10 arena matches?
That's exactly my point though. Earning Draenor flight through PvP makes just as much sense as earning Conquest gear from raids. (CM_Lore)
you guys put so much work into making Draenor beautiful, and fixing it to be be flyable. Why deny us the opportunity to see it?
We're not denying anyone anything. You're perfectly capable of doing a few daily quests. I get that you don't personally enjoy dailies. Working toward rewards is the core of what makes MMORPGs special, imo. (CM_Lore)
but shouldn't gameplay be fun as well?
Sure, but different people enjoy different things. There's always going to be rewards you want behind content you don't like. I would love to have the monument with the Cinder Kitten on it in my Garrison, but I don't enjoy Pet Battles, so I don't get it. (CM_Lore)
those should not be gated behind lengthy, boring grinds which alienate PvPers
I think if you honestly care this much about flying, it's perfectly reasonable for us to ask you to do some basic world content. (CM_Lore)
"i think if you care this much about the legendary, it's perfectly reasonable for us to ask you to do a few BGs"
Eh, I think asking a raider to do a BG is a much bigger ask than asking a raider to do a few daily quests. (CM_Lore)
what about asking a PvPer to do dailies? I think you're way underestimating how much I haaaaate them
My dislike for dailies has been very well documented over the years. I've just been poking at them once or twice a week. (CM_Lore)

Shahadan

Typical example showing they should talk less. Or just say "shut up deal with it". Seriously some people will just bitch because they want the game to change and conform to their desires so they could do less.

If you want flying, do what you have to do to get it. That's it.

cdyhybrid

There are two big threads on both the official forums and mmochamp about how CM Lore is "arrogant" because he had a back and forth on twitter with someone and was trying to explain that Blizzard thinks it makes sense that flying, which you can only do out in the non-instanced areas of the world, would be unlocked by engaging in activities that take place out in the world. People are upset that the counter argument of "I like to pvp and dailies suck" is not compelling Blizzard to change their plans.

WoW really does have the worst community.

DOTA is worse. WOW is close though.

StMeph

Typical example showing they should talk less. Or just say "shut up deal with it". Seriously some people will just bitch because they want the game to change and conform to their desires so they could do less.

I agree, but they'd still get slammed for being uncommunicative and distant from the playerbase. There's really no winning move for Blizzard when it comes to announcements, because there's not really much that will make everyone happy. So in that sense I think they should stick to their guns and stay quiet outside of official announcements.

Twitter was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Reading these PVP people complaining about not being to fly in Draenor... I mean... what? Why do they care? They can't even fly in battlegrounds or arenas, and that's where 99% of the PVP happens. The other 1% is people ganking low lvls for the lols.

The only thing I didn't like was this:

I'm saying if you don't want to put in the minimal effort that's required to earn flying, then you won't get it. That's fine. I haven't done the rep grinds either. If I don't get flying, that's my own fault. (CM_Lore)

What they asked for to get draenor pathfinder was a huge pain in the ass, and it's not a matter of minimal effort. Maybe in Legion it will be a much more rewarding experience, but in WoD it's a draining, frustrating and not-fun slog.

Shahadan

What they asked for to get draenor pathfinder was a huge pain in the ass, and it's not a matter of minimal effort. Maybe in Legion it will be a much more rewarding experience, but in WoD it's a draining, frustrating and not-fun slog.

It's minimal effort. Most people already had the requirements except for the tanaan rep, and even that is rather quick..

Anoregon

but in WoD it's a draining, frustrating and not-fun slog.

I don't really get that. The tanaan reps are like 30 mins a day for 2 weeks, and everything else you can do, assuming you haven't already finished much of it months ago, at whatever pace you want.

StMeph

It's an MMO. Doing something you don't really want to do to get/get to what you actually want/like is the name of the game.

Entropia

No One Remembers

It was a pain in the ass? The rep grind wasn't hard at all. It's not like you had to spend 3-4 hours a day for weeks to get the rep needed.

The treasure hunting stuff was fairly easy if you did it as you leveled and just cherrypicked the ones you needed to hit 100 (this is happened to me, took me an hour or two to get).
The loremaster achievement is again something you should be getting as you level. If not, take a few hours to get it.

Won

I don't know, I got a chuckle out of "That was also... what, 3 expansions ago?". I wonder if discussion within the company play out like that too. Would explain a lot.

It's minimal effort. Most people already had the requirements except for the tanaan rep, and even that is rather quick..

I don't really get that. The tanaan reps are like 30 mins a day for 2 weeks, and everything else you can do, assuming you haven't already finished much of it months ago, at whatever pace you want.

I didn't have an issue with the lore master part or with treasures. I enjoy being out in the world and finding things.I'm referring specifically to the bullshit apexis grinds and that whole random form of grinding. They knew it was bad and lazy, and they gave us more of the same with the Tanaan reps. If they don't do that kind of bullshit with Legion I will be happy, but it floored me to see Ion say "Yeah, we know those rep grinds are bad and we won't do them anymore" and then they put them in Tanaan. It's ridiculous. I think the problem was made even worse because Tanaan just isn't fun.

cdyhybrid

I'm referring specifically to the bullshit apexis grinds and that whole random form of grinding. They knew it was bad, and they gave us more with the Tanaan reps. If they don't do that kind of bullshit with Legion I will be happy, but it floored me to see Ion say "Yeah, we know those rep grinds are bad and we won't do them anymore" and then they put them in Tanaan. It's ridiculous.
They take like 10 minutes max each. It's not a big deal.

Shahadan

I didn't have an issue with the lore master part or with treasures. I enjoy being out in the world and finding things.I'm referring specifically to the bullshit apexis grinds and that whole random form of grinding. They knew it was bad and lazy, and they gave us more of the same with the Tanaan reps. If they don't do that kind of bullshit with Legion I will be happy, but it floored me to see Ion say "Yeah, we know those rep grinds are bad and we won't do them anymore" and then they put them in Tanaan. It's ridiculous. I think the problem was made even worse because Tanaan just isn't fun.

They said the original draenor rep grind done by just killing mobs without any quests was bad. In Tanaan you have quests and only have to get revered. There are also medaillons to speed up the process.

I don't see the problem. All the tanaan rep can be done very quickly except for the order of the awakened taking a bit longer, and that one in only 15 minutes a day.

ZenaxPure

Mmmmm yeah, the rep grinds in Tanaan are quest based, the 6.0 rep grinds were literal mob killing. Apexis quests are dumb and I dislike them but the Tanaan reps are 100000000x better than the 6.0 reps and not really that time consuming.

edit: If the point wasn't really clear it's that the launch WoD reps and the Tanaan reps are absolutely nothing alike. Blizzard didn't lie when they said the 6.0 reps were terrible and they weren't going to do anything like them again. You got to exalted with the 6.0 reps by walking to 1 spot and killing a few thousand mobs one at a time. You get to exalted with the Tanaan reps by picking up 5 quests each day and doing random stuff.

Jag

I want a Blizz rep to explain the Shipyard. I'll even accept temporary insanity as an answer.

Mmmmm yeah, the rep grinds in Tanaan are quest based, the 6.0 rep grinds were literal mob killing. Apexis quests are dumb and I dislike them but the Tanaan reps are 100000000x better than the 6.0 reps and not really that time consuming.

Not to mention realm hopping for groups makes it so insanely easy and fast now. I hate grinding for rep and I hate dailies, but the Tanaan reps are really easy.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I want them to go back to Wrath/Cata style rep grinds.

Let me put on a tabard and grind out the reputations to my heart's content. Let me get through them super fast if I want, or slow if I want. Let me choose which rep to focus on. Let me do dailies as well if I'd rather do those instead of a dungeon. And then make it like MoP where at Exalted it culminates in a fun quest.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yeah, I saw the conversation posted on mmo-c. I was pretty annoyed, and agreeing with the dev. If you only do PvP, why do you need to fly round Draenor? It makes sense.

It's...a weird double edged sword.

Maybe it would encourage impatient people to get out there and do other stuff?

This reminds me of the stupid reward in Super Mario 64 where you get all the stars and you get a new jump.

Like...hooray I already turned off the game.

There should be a compromise there. Blizzard absolutely NEVER finds the middle ground the first time

I don't know, I got a chuckle out of "That was also... what, 3 expansions ago?". I wonder if discussion within the company play out like that too. Would explain a lot.

Haha yeah.

Like what, 3 expansions ago? When the game was good? yeah try to do more of that smartass.

cdyhybrid

I want them to go back to Wrath/Cata style rep grinds.

Let me put on a tabard and grind out the reputations to my heart's content. Let me get through them super fast if I want, or slow if I want. Let me choose which rep to focus on. Let me do dailies as well if I'd rather do those instead of a dungeon. And then make it like MoP where at Exalted it culminates in a fun quest.

This is pretty much my preferred method of rep grind as well. Get it passively while doing other content at whatever rate you desire.

ZenaxPure

My only problem with rep tabards is that it promotes spamming the shit out of dungeons to get exalted as fast as you can to get whatever rewards the rep has. Speaking as someone who vastly prefers questing to chain running boring dungeons you are essentially taking away that option. Most reps are designed to take 3-4 weeks to get exalted through questing where as rep tabards let you get that much faster (I mean looking back on my cata reps I was exalted with some of them before Cata was out for 1 full week). I would only be comfortable with rep tabards coming back if they had a gate on how much rep you could earn with a faction per day.

cdyhybrid

My only problem with rep tabards is that it promotes spamming the shit out of dungeons to get exalted as fast as you can to get whatever rewards the rep has. Speaking as someone who vastly prefers questing to chain running boring dungeons you are essentially taking away that option. Most reps are designed to take 3-4 weeks to get exalted through questing where as rep tabards let you get that much faster (I mean looking back on my cata reps I was exalted with some of them before Cata was out for 1 full week). I would only be comfortable with rep tabards coming back if they had a gate on how much rep you could earn with a faction per day.

You could always just...not chain run dungeons, you know :p

EmiPrime

If you just did the weekly quest to kill the 3 summoned rares for Saberstalker rep (takes less than 5 minutes) and killed no other mobs you'd be exalted by now.

Order of the awakened I just did whilst getting the horde/alliance faction rep and didn't worry if I got all 10 doodads each day.

Revered to exalted was a bit of a slog but just revered was tolerable. Poorly designed reps either way and I can understand if someone can't be arsed with them.

Still haven't seen the Coalfist Gronnling mission. :\

If it makes you feel any better, I have 5 100s, 4/5 with 25 675 followers, and with the new baleful gear, I think all 5 are 675+. I have gotten the trinket quest missions twice, but haven't seen the rings.

ZenaxPure

You could always just...not chain run dungeons, you know :p

Problem with this logic is people will always take the most efficient route to get something done. This is exactly why even people who absolutely hate the garrison still do it because it makes everything easier. Why go out into the world and gather herbs when you get them from your garrison? Why bother setting up work orders to get more crafting mats when you get some from the profession naturally each day? Hope you have a bunch of great high ilvl followers because you get raid gear faster this way. Etc. etc. The same logic applies here.

If you want actual options of player progression in the game you make sure those options are more balanced. The old style tabards for factions don't do that because we are talking about 2 days to exalted vs. 1 month. You are stupid to not just grind out dungeons.

cdyhybrid

Problem with this logic is people will always take the most efficient route to get something done. This is exactly why even people who absolutely hate the garrison still do it because it makes everything easier. Why go out into the world and gather herbs when you get them from your garrison? Why bother setting up work orders to get more crafting mats when you get some from the profession naturally each day? Hope you have a bunch of great high ilvl followers because you get raid gear faster this way. Etc. etc. The same logic applies here.

If you want actual options of player progression in the game you make sure those options are more balanced. The old style tabards for factions don't do that because we are talking about 2 days to exalted vs. 1 month. You are stupid to not just grind out dungeons.

So people want Blizzard to account for their lack of self-control. Got it!

I'm cool with there being dailies and stuff in addition to the tabard, by the way.

Top Bottom