• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ZenaxPure

So people want Blizzard to account for their lack of self-control. Got it!

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. People have no self control. If they did have self control there would be absolutely 0 bitching about garrisons and yet nearly all bitching about WoD over the past year has been about how people don't like how everything is tied to the garrison because it makes everything faster than just not interacting with the garrison.

cdyhybrid

And it has been that way for a long time.

And this is why the WOW community sucks.

All I want is options. Depending on the day, I might want to grind some rep through dailies, or through spamming dungeons, or through hunting rares. Just give me the option to do what I want that day - I'm still working for it no matter how it's done.

Instead, people can't see beyond the end of their nose and want the entire game designed around exactly what they want. It's fucking ridiculous.

Not ranting about anyone in this thread, by the way. Just the bullshit you see on the general forums, MMOC, etc.

They take like 10 minutes max each. It's not a big deal.

It was to me, especially when the daily quests used to be pretty varied and pretty awesome. The stuff from this expansion is just fucking lazy.

In regards to your post above, the core issue with WoD has been options. It didn't used to feel that way. They funneled EVERYTHING into raiding, every action was meant to get you raiding. They have to change that focus to being more broad and I think they can fix the game.

The issue with the garrison is more that it's the poster child for WoW's current issues. The game has actively shifted towards supporting min/maxing over time, and with almost no real incentives to do things like heroic dungeons or lower ilvl raids after you've outgeared it (which is really easy to do once you get access to Tanaan). The game feels like its actively pushing the player towards skipping the old content that was for gearing up earlier on and getting straight to whatever's new for raiding, instead of going out into the world. Garrisons just happen to be the most prominent example of that in that even just checking in once a day is better than trying to farm mats in Draenor itself or doing LFR.

ZenaxPure

Instead, people can't see beyond the end of their nose and want the entire game designed around exactly what they want. It's fucking ridiculous.

Well I know you said your point was in general but I just want to point out that I did say I would be fine with rep tabards coming back, they just need to be better balanced.

Because the thing is, I agree with you. I want the game to have more options about how to progress your character but you can't realistically have options without imposing limitations, at some point self control can't be an excuse anymore hence why I keep mentioning garrisons. I've never once seen someone suggest that you do a crafting profession without putting work orders in a building because that is just silly even if it is entirely possible to craft a full set of gear and upgrade it without ever interacting with the garrison.

In an ideal world you should be able to do anything in the game and accomplish anything. I honest to god have no problem offering a person who only logs in 10 minutes a day to do follower missions full access to their tier raid gear and exalted with every single reputation as long as the other methods of obtaining those things are similarly balanced in terms of real life time to acquisition. It's why I was bummed to see VP gear removed after MoP launch and then VP to be completely removed in WoD. Especially so in MoP because they had the fucking perfect system man, you could gain VP by doing nearly anything: questing, dungeons, scenarios, raiding, even fucking rare spawns in 5.2 yet for some reason they turned VP into a thing you only spent on item upgrades.

Robin64

We were on 9 stacks of Determination when we killed Archimonde. Had a few smartasses drop in and out, but most of the group stuck to it. Really does need a nerf, though.

cdyhybrid

Well I know you said your point was in general but I just want to point out that I did say I would be fine with rep tabards coming back, they just need to be better balanced.

Because the thing is, I agree with you. I want the game to have more options about how to progress your character but you can't realistically have options without imposing limitations, at some point self control can't be an excuse anymore hence why I keep mentioning garrisons. I've never once seen someone suggest that you do a crafting profession without putting work orders in a building because that is just silly even if it is entirely possible to craft a full set of gear and upgrade it without ever interacting with the garrison.

In an ideal world you should be able to do anything in the game and accomplish anything. I honest to god have no problem offering a person who only logs in 10 minutes a day to do follower missions full access to their tier raid gear and exalted with every single reputation as long as the other methods of obtaining those things are similarly balanced in terms of real life time to acquisition. It's why I was bummed to see VP gear removed after MoP launch and then VP to be completely removed in WoD. Especially so in MoP because they had the fucking perfect system man, you could gain VP by doing nearly anything: questing, dungeons, scenarios, raiding, even fucking rare spawns in 5.2 yet for some reason they turned VP into a thing you only spent on item upgrades.

Yeah, I fully understand. It was something I struggled with myself until I figured it out. Especially because I lean towards being an altoholic.

All of my alts are dead and it's entirely the fault of the Garrison. I just have no further drive to maintain them all, and gearing them up so intricately involves the garrison that I just can't be assed anymore. Even now I don't bother with Tanaan, the damage is done and they're all too far behind.

cdyhybrid

All of my alts are dead and it's entirely the fault of the Garrison. I just have no further drive to maintain them all, and gearing them up so intricately involves the garrison that I just can't be assed anymore. Even now I don't bother with Tanaan, the damage is done and they're all too far behind.

That's why I just started trying to seriously gear up my Warlock. Between Tanaan and flying being released next week, it won't be too painful other than the time-gating on the legendary quest.

Jag

I have 3 raid geared toons that I play. I'll level all my other alts to 100 and get all my professions to max and they can sit in the Garrison until Legion.

Unless you're chasing a legendary ring on every alt, gearing up is the least garrison-related activity in game. Am I forgetting some aspect of it?

By gearing up alts I am of course bringing them up to the bare acceptable minimum to raid normal HFC, which requires at least a stage 3 ring.

I haven't had the time to do that so they just sit in their garrisons in blues, I haven't even logged in most of them in three months.

ampere

I want them to go back to Wrath/Cata style rep grinds.

Let me put on a tabard and grind out the reputations to my heart's content. Let me get through them super fast if I want, or slow if I want. Let me choose which rep to focus on. Let me do dailies as well if I'd rather do those instead of a dungeon. And then make it like MoP where at Exalted it culminates in a fun quest.

Meh, that makes reps seem pointless IMO. MoP dailies were fine if they didn't have gear gated behind them. Gear should have just been gated by Valor with MoP reps having patterns and optional stuff.

WoD reps (aside from Tanaan reps which are average) are the worst they've ever done easily. No story, just kill these mobs for no reason over and over.

We were on 9 stacks of Determination when we killed Archimonde. Had a few smartasses drop in and out, but most of the group stuck to it. Really does need a nerf, though.

I'm wondering if their intent is to make LFR players go "oooo archimonde is scary and hard :( :(" and then nerf it, but that initial scare is still there.

It's obviously not tuned properly for a random group of 25 people of varying skill levels. Mechanics like Nether Banish should always pick targets automatically in LFR.

keffri

I don't know if this had been done before, but what does everyone's UI look like?

Here is a shot of mine while I'm doing a dungeon.

8Dg4T2E.jpg

Only add-ons you can see here are ElvUI and WeakAuras.

Rixxan

Is subtlety rogue / resto druid a good twos comp?

I played with a resto and we rattled off like 15 wins in a row, but I'm low rating and undergeared since I just dinged 100 recently... Fluke or good comp or low rating non representative?

Tarazet

I don't really get that. The tanaan reps are like 30 mins a day for 2 weeks, and everything else you can do, assuming you haven't already finished much of it months ago, at whatever pace you want.

I'm just glad it's account wide, because trying to fight Tanaan mobs on an undergeared alt is fucking impossible. Those things have too many hit points to do on a toon that is anything but fully decked out.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Is subtlety rogue / resto druid a good twos comp?

I played with a resto and we rattled off like 15 wins in a row, but I'm low rating and undergeared since I just dinged 100 recently... Fluke or good comp or low rating non representative?

Low rating and healer+anything is good.

2s isn't balanced. At one point in 6.1 the entire front page of the 2s ladder was frost dk, as double DK was steamrolling everyone.

They balance PvP around 3s.

Mechanics like Nether Banish should always pick targets automatically in LFR.

That might make things worse. At least two of the times I wiped it was because the banished tank got knocked back of the platform. The people in there need to know to focus the star and be able to slow it.

Robin64

LFR Archimonde just needs a couple of things.

* Archimonde himself just needs a little less health full stop.
* The Fel Sparks need less health, maybe half. On lower Determination, too few people would get to them and they'd basically always be up. Barely any time between them until we hit +5 stacks.
Agree about always taking a selection into banish, as long as:
* Void Stars in the Nether need to move slower and everyone in there needs a warning one has spawned and is chasing someone, not just the person being chased.

The only thing I don't like about the current rep grinds is that the infinite augment rune at exalted is pretty much required for serious raiding and I don't know how assed I'll be to acquire it on alts I intend to play. Buying medallions isn't an option for my alliance DK that only has ~10k gold.

Otherwise the revered requirement was pretty fine IMO for flying - that doesn't really take long at all.

Tacitus_

So people want Blizzard to account for their lack of self-control. Got it!

I'm cool with there being dailies and stuff in addition to the tabard, by the way.

Blizz knows that it is this way and tries to design around it so there won't be a single optimal path. GC had several posts during MoP about it.

Rixxan

Low rating and healer+anything is good.

2s isn't balanced. At one point in 6.1 the entire front page of the 2s ladder was frost dk, as double DK was steamrolling everyone.

They balance PvP around 3s.

so it's unlikely we could hit 2000 with this comp? hitting 2000 is all thats needed for the rated gear, right?

forgive my ignorance i was once pretty arena savvy back in wotlk but as with everything in this game its always changing and taking 4 years off or whatever it was will make you feel clueless

i mean back when i played you couldnt even get the better rated gear, like the weapon or the pauldrons i think, from playing 2's - it seems thats changed

Respect

so it's unlikely we could hit 2000 with this comp? hitting 2000 is all thats needed for the rated gear, right?

forgive my ignorance i was once pretty arena savvy back in wotlk but as with everything in this game its always changing and taking 4 years off or whatever it was will make you feel clueless

i mean back when i played you couldnt even get the better rated gear, like the weapon or the pauldrons i think, from playing 2's - it seems thats changed

Think it is 2200, but rated gear is just a different skin (you also need to acquire 27,000 conquest points for the season to get that gear). The ilvl's are the same though.

Shahadan

I wish we could get new class specific mounts. For every class this time, as it should be. Some classes having mounts and not others is dumb as fuck.

A few years ago I would have thought Legion was the perfect opportunity with the class focus and all, but now we have the store mounts so...yeah, probably never.

Tacitus_

rofl this just happened, one of our hunters said this on TS
"I wonder where my life went so wrong that I took my wireless headphones to the can just to listen to teamspeak"

Did LFR Arch last night. Good times. We made it up to eight stacks by time we downed him. Love when people ask if there are any questions and no one says anything and then the fight starts and everyone scatters like dropping sand on the ground. Couldn't be mad though - I knew what I was getting into. I like the fight though (hadn't tried it on normal yet). I can see how it would feel good with a fine tuned group.

ampere

That might make things worse. At least two of the times I wiped it was because the banished tank got knocked back of the platform. The people in there need to know to focus the star and be able to slow it.

The knockback should be severely reduced in LFR, just like how much smaller the LFR Massive Blast knockback is on Mannoroth.

It seems like the devs are being obtuse. Obviously a ferocious knockback is not a good idea for LFR.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Think it is 2200, but rated gear is just a different skin (you also need to acquire 27,000 conquest points for the season to get that gear). The ilvl's are the same though.

It's 2k. And I'm like 99% sure it's not in 2's, just 3s and RBGs. They even removed the rewards from 5s now that I'm thinking about it.

Maybe that's just titles. idk, pvp is a shitshow and a half these days. Not even worth it.

Rixxan

It's 2k. And I'm like 99% sure it's not in 2's, just 3s and RBGs. They even removed the rewards from 5s now that I'm thinking about it.

Maybe that's just titles. idk, pvp is a shitshow and a half these days. Not even worth it.

i dunno the gear on the vendor didnt give a specific bracket requirement like it used too, it just said 2k in arena iirc

some of the rewards, and the mount i think is 3's only, as it says as much on the achievement page

i had fun pvping, but ive only been back a few weeks, maybe when i get to higher ratings the imbalance will rear its ugly head

phierce

Really hate getting zero drops and then only gold from all bonus rolls on a full clear...sigh.

Least it was just an alt but fuck!

I'm at +5 roll bonus. Watch me get pants off Zakuun and him not drop a trinket again this week. Just watch, and the rage will flow.

And bleh, alt DK would have 715 ring this week if I had done LFR last week. Coulda gotten started on tomes tomorrow or whenever. Oh well.

JSoup

Banned
Hah, noob, it only took us 9!

(Yeah, it's a STUPID encounter right now.)

It was the damnedest thing.
5 stacks, we suddenly got very good.
6 stacks, just about had it.
Stacks 7 - 9, what the fuck happened? Everyone started to suddenly suck out loud.

Top Bottom