• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Heh, remember this guy?

durumu-header.jpg

Maybe the best boss of MoP.

So I've been doing archimonde for 2+ hours now with 10 stacks. I'm done. Not doing this until they nerf him, and the nerfs should be meaningful. Blizzard over estimated LFR players, I don't even think they tested it internally. 2 Hours later and still have people saying "ITS A DPS PROBLEM!!!" and watching people not kite the void star or break chains. People have become so used to the sit in fire LFR that is now that they don't know how to respond to a challenge. I wouldn't mind so much but I waited an hour to get into this shit, was just looking to get a chance at another tome.

Heh, remember this guy?

durumu-header.jpg

I'm curious on the stats for most deaths in LFR. I'm thinking he has to top the list. Even after a year of 5.2, people still didn't understand the mechanics.

At level 90 it can be pretty hard if you don't have some gear.

Yeah I got that impression from the comments on wowhead. I liked how it had you use skills that you didn't normally use for pve to win the encounter.

I don't understand this mentality. It's supposed to be tourist mode

I saw it as more of a learning tool in Pandaria, now it is pretty much easy mode. Normal seems to have replaced LFR as the stepping stone to classic raiding.

Ark

Doing it right now on my warrior, on the fifth stack and still haven't broken the first phase. Having actual mechanics ranged have to obey is a recipe for disaster in LFR. Though I do think LFR in general is a bit too easy compared to last expansion.

I think the fire is probably the biggest problem. As always. It amazes me how incompetent some people are at even the most basic of raid mechanics.

In other, more frustrating things, the RNG continues to hate me. I used a bonus role on Kazzak earlier today and got the same cloak I already had. HFC has been dropping loot that is worse than the stuff I already have (instead of replacing the few ~650 pieces I have left) and to top it all off, my naval Iron Fleet chest thing just gave me the Pit Lords Cowl when I already have the War Forged version of it.

;__;

This scaling shit is so wierd, it takes me just as long to kill TotGC bosses as it does to kill Firelands bosses on 25hc.

Also I really wish there was a heroic warrior t10 lookalike for my dk.

ampere

I saw it as more of a learning tool in Pandaria, now it is pretty much easy mode. Normal seems to have replaced LFR as the stepping stone to classic raiding.

Hm I strongly disagree. I don't think there's a significant difference in LFR difficulty this expansion, nor do I think it was a stepping stone last expac. I think there was no stepping stone difficulty last expac and now normal fills that void.

Did this 2 day long ship mission for Admiral Taylors ring, gotta wait those two days to do the OTHER two day quest for the legendary, awful.

They need to add a way to get these stupid ass tomes from follower missions. Just 1 on an ivl 675 one please

Well, 1/13 Mythic. Hellfire Assault down. Had a good hour and a half plus on Iron Reaver, lowest we got it was about 30%. Ideally we would have had it tonight, but whatever. Maybe next week.

I'm really jealous of male belves, they make every armor look good, everytime I make a new transmog I tmorph to belf to see what it looks like and it always looks so much better than any other race.

Shame about their animations though, can't stand them. They're like the opposite of female undead who have the best animations but look shit in most gear. Fem nelves are probably the best middleground, they look good in almost everything and have good animations, but I play exclusively horde so yeah. Fem orcs would be too, but they look horrible in cloth.

I like to think of what LFR Heigan would be like

You don't really need to if you were part of the circus of PUGs pushing through it in Naxx10 during Wrath.

Yeah, and tbh I don't remember really ever having a problem with him on pugs, it was that + and - boss that was always a pain, don't remember his name.

I liked it best in Cata, not hard, not might as well /afk boring.

It also helped that DS was short.

Honestly all these long raids with multiple difficulties really did burn me out on the game. Doing them once was long enough, but again on normal, and then again on heroic?

I just stopped caring at some point and stopped raiding, I only would ever pug hc for transmog loot at this point, and no point doing any mythic since it always has the ugliest colors.

I miss when raids just had 1 or 2 difficulties, 4 is just ridiculous.

Drake

So after hitting 100 and starting Tanaan jungle less than 12 hours ago I am almost geared enough to do LFR for hellfire citadel. Uhhh, ok. That was quick.

cdyhybrid

I'm really jealous of male belves, they make every armor look good, everytime I make a new transmog I tmorph to belf to see what it looks like and it always looks so much better than any other race.

Shame about their animations though, can't stand them. They're like the opposite of female undead who have the best animations but look shit in most gear. Fem nelves are probably the best middleground, they look good in almost everything and have good animations, but I play exclusively horde so yeah. Fem orcs would be too, but they look horrible in cloth.

This is why I can't decide whether to make my DH male or female (BE) =\

Males look good in armor until they start moving , haha.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So after hitting 100 and starting Tanaan jungle less than 12 hours ago I am almost geared enough to do LFR for hellfire citadel. Uhhh, ok. That was quick.

This is another reason people are complaining about nothing to do.

Maybe it's not such a great idea to be able to skip dungeons/last tier? At least so incredibly easily.

Convenienced to death.

phierce

Yeah, with crafted gear and Apexis gear (via BoA), my latest alt was 690+ within the hour I dinged 100. It's super nice when you already have several 100s.

cdyhybrid

This is another reason people are complaining about nothing to do.

Maybe it's not such a great idea to be able to skip dungeons/last tier? At least so incredibly easily.

Convenienced to death.

Still have to do dungeons for the legendary quest.

Just got the last drop for my Universal Language Module. Never have to step foot in Ashran again.

Robin64

Getting Graves when you don't really like Heroes of the Storm is quite the slog indeed. Reached level 9, not sure I can carry on.

Duesy

If it's lfr who cares.

Seriously. I even misdirected to the tank. Hell, we could have done it without the tank since its lfr.

That and the bad thing is, when the raid sees a kick vote they automatically press yes even if they don't know what's going on

Seriously. I even misdirected to the tank. Hell, we could have done it without the tank since its lfr.

That and the bad thing is, when the raid sees a kick vote they automatically press yes even if they don't know what's going on

I would have pressed yes.

It's blowing my mind that I can queue for multiple raids now.

phierce

If I ran LFR, I'd definitely be guilty of clicking yes without knowing what was going on because I'd be busy watching Netflix or something else.

3 Weeks, no tier pieces. I wish bonus rolls were prioritized somehow :(. Feel like I've hit a brick wall with my items besides legendary ring & set.

Affliction seems to be the FOTM right now.

I haven't checked it out yet, rotation seems brain dead. Though destro isn't so hard either, I like how demo has you watching like 4 different things.

They've been pretty popular since MOP, I feel like.

Mine was created on Day 1 of Vanilla though :p

I still have nightmares of before they put dot damage reduction on resilience. Literally tab dot die in battlegrounds.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I haven't checked it out yet, rotation seems brain dead. Though destro isn't so hard either, I like how demo has you watching like 4 different things.

It is brain dead. The rotation is excruciatingly boring, but because of the 25% buff they gave Aff earlier it's the most powerful spec.

I'd much rather run Destro or Demo, but Destro isn't much better, and demo is dead to the world right now.

Which is why I'm leveling a Shaman alt instead.

Rixxan

stupid question incoming:

i see people saying how they will switch out glyphs before an arena starts depending on the match-up - but to switch out glyphs you need to pay at a class trainer... so how do they do it in the arena?

or do they have two of the same specs with just different glyphs?

i see people saying how they will switch out glyphs before an arena starts depending on the match-up - but to switch out glyphs you need to pay at a class trainer... so how do they do it in the arena?

...no. You use Tome of the Clear mind to change talents/glyphs anywhere.

ch0mp

Normally you use tomes but in arena/bg prep it doesn't cost anything.

Sokantish

Doing it right now on my warrior, on the fifth stack and still haven't broken the first phase. Having actual mechanics ranged have to obey is a recipe for disaster in LFR. Though I do think LFR in general is a bit too easy compared to last expansion.

My LFR group finished it on the sixth stack I think. I thought it seemed pretty easy once people stopped missing going through the portals

Corsick

This is a stupid question, but can you remotely queue for older raids if you're just farming transmog gear or gold? Or do you physically have to enter them the hard way?

Robin64

This is a stupid question, but can you remotely queue for older raids if you're just farming transmog gear or gold? Or do you physically have to enter them the hard way?

You have to enter them the "hard" way.

(Sorry, yeah, with all the ways to get around the world now, it'll take anywhere between 30 seconds and 2 minutes to get to the raid you want. :p)

Top Bottom