• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Rixxan

i remember when i was a bit younger i would have gone out and grinded pathfinder, but now a days it feels pretty daunting to do all of these requirements, especially since i recently reinstalled

oh well, im sure they will remove the requirements when legion releases

Robin64

To be fair, the only real grind is the Tanaan rep stuff, and two of those are gated while one is pretty quick in a random group. The rest of it is "play the game".

Entropia

No One Remembers
To be fair, the only real grind is the Tanaan rep stuff, and two of those are gated while one is pretty quick in a random group. The rest of it is "play the game".

In a way, yes. But, treasures aren't exactly a part of your normal leveling routine (i.e. found while questing). The 35'ish I needed to complete my achievement were out of the way

cdyhybrid

Apexis mount get!

Also, I'll be Exalted with all 3 Tanaan reps by tomorrow at the latest, so I'll never have to go back there on my main :D

Also got my legendary ring, so I don't have to raid or do LFR anymore :p

Tanaan sucks now for me, all the rares are killed by people with flying mounts. I guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks until I get revered before I can use them too. Wish I had the alternative of just paying gold like the last 3 expansions.

Rixxan

pretty disappointed (once again due to my ignorance)

but i could earn 10,000 conquest last week, and now its only letting me earn 2100?

what gives?

will it go down even more next week?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
pretty disappointed (once again due to my ignorance)

but i could earn 10,000 conquest last week, and now its only letting me earn 2100?

what gives?

will it go down even more next week?

its a catch up mechanic. you can only earn 1000 each week, but if you earn 0 that week, it adds on to your cap for the week after.

so if you have 2100 now, did nothing this week, your next week's cap would be 3100.

if you earn all 2100 this week, your next week's cap is 1000.

someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

ch0mp

its a catch up mechanic. you can only earn 1000 each week, but if you earn 0 that week, it adds on to your cap for the week after.

so if you have 2100 now, did nothing this week, your next week's cap would be 3100.

if you earn all 2100 this week, your next week's cap is 1000.

someone can correct me if i'm wrong.
Pretty much right, but the regular cap is 1500 + any rating bonus cap.

Which one is pretty quick? Saberstalkers?
Yeah. I did the weekly quest twice and spent about an hour killing mobs to get revered.

Jag

These new rares are kind of tough. One in Nagrand, I switched to BM spec, put my Spirit Beast on him and walked away from the PC, a few minutes later he was mostly dead and my pet barely had any damage.

cdyhybrid

What should I level up now? Have my Mage and Warlock at 100 and pretty well set up for Garrison gold generation, not sure what to play next.

What classes/specs are you guys having fun with right now?

Failed a legendary questline mission at 85%. Lost an epic submarine.

I don't even know what to say other then this is so fucking bad I can't believe anyone thought it was a good idea. Like come on. It's not enough that these missions take days to appear, days to complete, you can FAIL THEM and they can take your shit? Awful.

Tanaan sucks now for me, all the rares are killed by people with flying mounts. I guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks until I get revered before I can use them too. Wish I had the alternative of just paying gold like the last 3 expansions.
I was just thinking earlier about how glad I am I grabbed my predator title before flying. Even using the item, I'd likely spawn in just as it was going down and I'd miss out on it because flying just gets people there that much faster.

I was just thinking earlier about how glad I am I grabbed my predator title before flying. Even using the item, I'd likely spawn in just as it was going down and I'd miss out on it because flying just gets people there that much faster.

That guy is phased. You have to use the crystal and meet certain requirements. Not just anyone could get there.

Robin64

Yep, I already flew to his platform and there's just nothing there without using the crystal.

Did get one of the rares behind the Dark Portal though and got a new Crashin' Thrashin' toy.

phierce

Okay...pretty sure my shadow priest alt is severely cursed or something. Full clear of normal and heroic last week....12/13 normal and 7/13 heroic already this week and I've gotten zero loot and nothing but gold on every single bonus roll for both weeks.

Still rocking my 1 piece T18 bonus. Boom!!

Robin64

Nice nerfs to LFR Archimonde.

- Doomfire Spirits now produce Doomfire patches at a reduced rate on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Doomfire Spirit health has been reduced by 30% on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Archimonde's Shadowfel Burst now only knocks the primary target of the ability into the air on Raid Finder difficulty.
- On Raid Finder difficulty, if less than 7 players enter the Twisting Nether while there are more than 7 players alive in the encounter, additional players will be pulled into the Nether based on role.
- Shadowed Netherwalker health has been reduced by 20% on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Infernal Doombringer no longer cast Eternal Flame and take 45 seconds to reach full energy (up from 30 seconds) on Raid Finder difficulty.

BMatt07

Banned
Came back to the game about two weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Hopping back in to raiding has been super fun.

Hit level 100 and got my item level to 697 in about two weeks, I'll take it!

Jag

Pretty sure there was no level restrictions.

There were level restrictions before. I brought my 98 Druid to tag a Kazzak kill for felblight (which you can't get under 100 either) and I was not able to loot any treasures. The tooltip said 100 only. This was a few weeks ago.

Weebos

Banned
Thanks to the Legendary catch up quests (which are in Tanaan for anybody else who couldn't find them) I am finally on the final part of the chain.

That Garona quest was terrible. I cheesed it with Shadowfury and Summon Abyssal. Going in through the side instead of the bridge is huge.

Time to be an LFR hero.

I'm also working on the Tarecgosa questline for fun, sort of anticipating Timewalking being a bigger feature in the future.

neoemonk

I just found out about the WoW token thing. How much time does it take to farm the gold needed to buy those tokens? I'm in the US.

Robin64

I just found out about the WoW token thing. How much time does it take to farm the gold needed to buy those tokens? I'm in the US.

It depends how much you've prepared and your region. People in this thread can make that money in a week, easy.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I make more than enough to cover a sub just by doing garrison missions once a day on my 3 level 100 characters. Anyone actively trying to make gold should find it pretty easy.

neoemonk

I haven't played since Cataclysm so there's probably going to be a learning curve as I figure out all the new stuff. Hopefully it won't be a huge time sink.

ampere

Nice nerfs to LFR Archimonde.

Other than number tuning, this was the main this I was shocked to not see as part of the fight initially.

On Raid Finder difficulty, if less than 7 players enter the Twisting Nether while there are more than 7 players alive in the encounter, additional players will be pulled into the Nether based on role.

LFR Norushen did it, it's really the only realistic way to do mechanics like that in a random group for people who may or may not know the fight.

Ark

Hopefully it's a bit safer to do Archimonde this week :D

I've also realised today just how much farming, grinding, and RNGeesus'ing I'm going to need to do for the 300 mount achievement. I'm working through the TBC reps ATM, almost exalted with the Sha'tari Skyguard. 82/100 lol.

Also levelling a prot warrior with some friends. We went from level 20 to 48 in like five hours of dungeons. Love it.

I know people said there was nothing to do at max level WoD other than raids, but I didn't think I'd be spending my sub farming content I first did seven years ago :lol.

Robin64

at least archaeology wont be such a pain in the dick

It won't?

mOdqnhm.jpg

Robin64

To make matters with Blood Moon even worse, I always find that as it gets close, there are a whole bunch of people standing waiting for the spawn but not willing to gather crystals. Bitches.

Top Bottom