• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Shrug. It's not any worse than a sunhawk or albino drake.

Entropia

No One Remembers
stupid question incoming:

i see people saying how they will switch out glyphs before an arena starts depending on the match-up - but to switch out glyphs you need to pay at a class trainer... so how do they do it in the arena?

or do they have two of the same specs with just different glyphs?

...no. You use Tome of the Clear mind to change talents/glyphs anywhere.

Normally you use tomes but in arena/bg prep it doesn't cost anything.

thanks, just bought a bunch of them for future use

this is useful knowledge as well - lol, thanks

One other thing to note, is that when you change anything in arena during the prep period, they will be reverted when you leave the arena.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Never really thought about it like this. The 250 mount was a mount added in Cata, the 300 mount is a mount added in MoP.

By that logic the 350 mount (added in Legion) will probably be a Boar.

Or a Gronnling.

Also, are you guys excited to fly tomorrow?!?!?

Flying will allow me to get that lvl 3 fishing shack, tanaan rares and objective achievements way easier. I already did the three achievements for flying.

I actually think the world geometry in Draenor is pretty crap, I welcome being able to fly past all that garbage. I've gotten stuck so many times.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Pretty excited to finish my Shadowmourne after reset this week. Just in time for another timewalking weekend!

Also the toys that I get to sell. I'm keeping the mount though, red ebon blade mount is that hotness.

If my final LK kill for the legendary chain also dropped an Invincible I would laugh and/or cry.

Aeana

Superman tanks (usually druids) are the best.

Queued for Iron Docks, got in, druid was already in the process of pulling everything up to the first boss by the time the whole group loaded in. I kept him up for a while, killed about half, then I died because he couldn't keep hate on everything. The rest of the group followed. Then he gets mad and blames the rest of the group, and everyone was like "why did you pull everything??" and he proceeded to do it again.

Good times in MMORPGs.

It's really really odd when bears can't hold aoe threat, they're probably the best class in the game at it.

I genuinely miss the days when you pulled carefully in a dungeon or you died. Period.

Robin64

Dungeons were so methodical in The Olden Days, with a rogue sapping one mob while a mage would sheep another so the entire group could focus on the one remaining. Good times.

Ark

Collect 300 mounts and you get this.

Really Blizz?

How the fuck do you even do these achievements?

I just bought all six rams from Ironforge after hitting exalted with them and my achievement progress didn't move from 79/100, even though the mount tab says I have 95 mounts owned. (EDIT: Actually, I have all of the Horde equivalents, could that be it?)

At the moment I'm grinding the rep for the Netherray, will buying all five of those mounts count towards the achievement?

I did finally get the Corrupted Dreadwing for 150k crystals though. A lot of 695 gear passed up for that but fuck it. My life is basically apexis grinds now.

Dungeons were so methodical in The Olden Days, with a rogue sapping one mob while a mage would sheep another so the entire group could focus on the one remaining. Good times.

Remember when Avenger's Shield was first put into the game and people raged because it broke CC's? Yeah, that's back when the player base gave a crap. :(

Superman tanks (usually druids) are the best.

Queued for Iron Docks, got in, druid was already in the process of pulling everything up to the first boss by the time the whole group loaded in. I kept him up for a while, killed about half, then I died because he couldn't keep hate on everything. The rest of the group followed. Then he gets mad and blames the rest of the group, and everyone was like "why did you pull everything??" and he proceeded to do it again.

Good times in MMORPGs.

See you just need a DK. As a DK I can do that and hold threat AND it's all dead before anyone loads in too =P

Flying will allow me to get that lvl 3 fishing shack, tanaan rares and objective achievements way easier. I already did the three achievements for flying.

I actually think the world geometry in Draenor is pretty crap, I welcome being able to fly past all that garbage. I've gotten stuck so many times.

Is the level 3 fishing shack what you need to get Nat and that new waterstrider mount?

Jag

I just bought all six rams from Ironforge after hitting exalted with them and my achievement progress didn't move from 79/100, even though the mount tab says I have 95 mounts owned. (EDIT: Actually, I have all of the Horde equivalents, could that be it?)

At the moment I'm grinding the rep for the Netherray, will buying all five of those mounts count towards the achievement?

I did finally get the Corrupted Dreadwing for 150k crystals though. A lot of 695 gear passed up for that but fuck it. My life is basically apexis grinds now.

Yeah, the faction mounts screw up the count somehow but I don't know how they count them. The mounts available for both factions definitely count though.

JSoup

Banned
Yeah, the faction mounts screw up the count somehow but I don't know how they count them. The mounts available for both factions definitely count though.

They sort of count. I have 257 total mounts, but only the achievement for just 200. But the cross faction mounts counted for that achievement.

How are you grinding your crystals out? I'm tempted to just wait until I'm level 110 and go back there and fuck shit up solo.

Ark

Huh okay. I'll have to see if I can figure that out then. I've started grinding out the TBC rep for those mounts. My old main has almost all WoTLK rep at exalted but it'd cost almost £50 to transfer faction & server to my new main, and I'm not sure I want to pay that tbh.

How are you grinding your crystals out? I'm tempted to just wait until I'm level 110 and go back there and fuck shit up solo.

Just doing the Tanaan route each day. Doing the first bonus objective mission, turning that in to get the 'complete two bonus objectives in tanaan' quest and I start from Sha'naari Refuge and work my way around the map finishing in the Throne of Kil'Jaeden (skipping which ever camp I had to do for the initial quest of course). Doing this with Rumble in the Jungle will net about 11-12k crystals a day. More if you can be bothered to do the garrison apexis dailies (I stopped those as soon as I got the pathfinder achievement :lol).

It takes ~two weeks of dailies to get the mount but I really like it :) The only problem is I have to keep doing these dailies so I can gear up my prot warrior when he hits 100 ;_; I hate these dailies so much now.

Khezu

Got pathfinder just in time.

The Chimera mount that comes with it is pretty nice.

Always wanted the store version.

cdyhybrid

In the next two days, I'll be:

1) Getting my legendary ring
2) Getting my Apexis mount
3) Getting Exalted with all 3 Tanaan reps

Can't wait for this patch.

Jag

Huh okay. I'll have to see if I can figure that out then. I've started grinding out the TBC rep for those mounts. My old main has almost all WoTLK rep at exalted but it'd cost almost £50 to transfer faction & server to my new main, and I'm not sure I want to pay that tbh.

Actually scrap what I wrote, found this on WoWhead:
I have been having some issues with the tracking of this achievement, as others have as well, and I wanted to share what I have learned about it.

When it comes to faction based mounts, it only counts one faction or the other, not both at the same time. So if you earned say a lot of Alliance only mounts and then went to the horde side, you wouldn't have as many mounts available to you. This has been causing me issues where I have earned 186 mounts on my Alliance toons, but when I switch back to horde and am earning new mounts in WoD, it's not causing my tracker to increase because I have less mounts available to me on that faction. It only tracks the absolute maximum you can use on any given character. So for your tracker to be accurate, you need to log in to the character on which you have access to the most mounts, for instance a paladin or a warlock or your alliance side or horde side.

After logging back into my alliance toon after having been horde for all of WoD, my tracker updated to 192 mounts.

ampere

The fangs being 5000 and not 500 is just ludicrous. Hitting Exalted doesn't even get you close,

It's a bit obnoxious, but took me a lot less time than the 9999 bones in MoP. Just had to use ogre crit rune, 9 stacks of the debuff, artillery strike and legendary ring and afk in between cooldowns, rounding up 10 or so at a time

ampere

Servers are up apparently

Now time to afk while flying!

s80rglB.jpg

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't think Mercenary mode is live yet. I can't find the NPCs.

Either they entirely don't spawn unless the queue times are insane, or I'm retarded and can't find them.

Anoregon

I don't think Mercenary mode is live yet. I can't find the NPCs.

Either they entirely don't spawn unless the queue times are insane, or I'm retarded and can't find them.

I think it's the former.

Top Bottom