• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

This double agent thing is so broken.

I'm not even using it, but the game is telling me to kill my own sides npcs, and there's a dwarf in my horde raid for some reason.

And apparently people in bgs can hold their own sides flag and there's nothing anybody can do about it.

Do they even test shit anymore?

Robin64

wut

XAvJ2gH.png

"long-term commitment"

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Is timewalking even going to be around for that long? Will the gear and stuff be updated to level 110? I'll have to re-grind out all the pieces again by doing...the same old dungeons?

Timewalking is fucking stupid.

Jag

Is timewalking even going to be around for that long? Will the gear and stuff be updated to level 110? I'll have to re-grind out all the pieces again by doing...the same old dungeons?

Timewalking is fucking stupid.

I agree the mount prices are too high, but the 675 gear is pretty cheap. 25-50 tokens per item and you get like 535 for the first run. Enough to upgrade a new toon very easily. It's actually a much faster and easier gear up than farming Tanaan for 650.

Shahadan

The one time they add a dumb mount that requires a bit of time to get and as such will be rare (well, for a time) and mean something for once, and people still bitch about it like it's too long and they're forced to get it.
Especially since timewalking is obviously here for the long run, so I don't see the problem.

cdyhybrid

The one time they add a dumb mount that requires a bit of time to get and as such will be rare (well, for a time) and mean something for once, and people still bitch about it like it's too long and they're forced to get it.
Especially since timewalking is obviously here for the long run, so I don't see the problem.

It doesn't "mean" anything other than that you were willing to do the same thing over and over for 8 months. It's not dropping off the final Mythic boss of an expansion or something.

I'll never get the whole "I don't want other people to have what I have" thing, either.

I don't see anything particularly obvious about timewalking being here for the long run.

The only thing that it'll mean is that you're a tool that'll do the same thing for 8 months for a reskinned store mount.

Just spend the $ and save your dignity.

Shahadan

The only thing that it'll mean is that you're a tool that'll do the same thing for 8 months for a reskinned store mount.

Just spend the $ and save your dignity.

I won't do it, I don't give a crap about mounts.

I don't see anything particularly obvious about timewalking being here for the long run.

Maybe because their point is to allow people still leveling to queue with everyone else. If anything they'll get expanded to Cata dungeons, not disappear the day Legion drops.

I don't see what's so hard to understand. It's a system that only works if people keep queuing, so adding rewards for doing it is the obvious thing to do. And that is only to give an incentive to keep doing them after you're geared. People complained there were no reason to do WoD dungeons after you were geared, now they complain there is a totally optional reason to keep doing timewalking after you're geared. Great

JSoup

Banned
The whole timewalking currency thing isn't that bad. Including the once per event 500 item, it's about 1000 tokens per event if you're just doing what you need to for the chest. So, you'll earn the mount and toys so long as you participate every week.

If you want all that crap now, however, that's where you're screwed.

Edit: Oh, pardon, I hadn't read that they knocked the currency drop rate down from what it was on the PTR (125 per boss). Yeah, that's bull.

Daniel R

Timewalking badges ftw.

Just doing one dungeon per alt nets you something close to 535 badges.
You can then buy about 10 slots worth of 675 gear with it.
Supplement that with baleful gear from shipyard for shoulders, waist and one more slot that I can't remember.
Supplement with Kazzak loot.

This could bring a fresh alt close to 675 with almost zero effort.
675 is the magic number for getting those valuable garrison missions.

I have 15 alts between lvl 92 and 97 that will add to my moneymaking army.
Passed 3 million gold recently with 16 lvl 100's.

ampere

Timewalking badges ftw.

Supplement that with baleful gear from shipyard for shoulders, waist and one more slot that I can't remember.

675 Garrison missions are based on your follower ilevel, not your character ilevel.

Daniel R

I think you need 10 followers at 650 as well for the missions to appear, but I am dead sure that 675 is the magic number for your ilvl. That is when the missions pop up.

I have 16 lvl 100s so I did test it.

I am thinking of the 6.2 missions with Medallion of the legion, Ogre 1000 resource caches etc.

iirate

675 Garrison missions are based on your follower ilevel, not your character ilevel.

I think you need 10 followers at 650 as well for the missions to appear, but I am dead sure that 675 is the magic number for your ilvl. That is when the missions pop up.

I have 16 lvl 100s so I did test it.

I am thinking of the 6.2 missions with Medallion of the legion, Ogre 1000 resource caches etc.

Yep. The 6.2 rare missions require a 675 character ilevel in addition to their follower reqs.

Jag

Timewalking badges ftw.

Yeah, I see as more of another fast gear up method rather than a quick way of getting a mount. Hell, do just 1 TW run per event and you'll get a mount in 10 runs (in 10 months assuming 1TW/month)

Lomax

Honestly, while I do think the price for the mounts is a bit high, the system seems to be a good balance compared to what a lot of people complain about here. If you want to super grind and get it fast, you can, but if you want to play casually and just run one timewalking dungeon each event, you'll get the mount in at most 10 events. Even if that's 10 months, the overall time spent will be minimal, and the mount is guaranteed. Seems like a pretty fair solution to me.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Honestly, while I do think the price for the mounts is a bit high, the system seems to be a good balance compared to what a lot of people complain about here. If you want to super grind and get it fast, you can, but if you want to play casually and just run one timewalking dungeon each event, you'll get the mount in at most 10 events. Even if that's 10 months, the overall time spent will be minimal, and the mount is guaranteed. Seems like a pretty fair solution to me.
How can you "super grind" to get it fast when timewalking is a gated activity?

Daniel R

So the timewarped badge vendors are two different ones, and only one spawns per event. So I can't even spend the badges from one run on gear, missing 3 pieces of gear I could have bought now.

Hope they change it so both vendors are up.

I really want to level my alts, but I'm having a hard time.

I had 1 max character in vanilla/tbc, 3 in wotlk, 7, in Cata, and 9 in MoP.

But in wod, I can't even level my 3rd, I was only able to manage my 2nd because he was leveling with friends, but any others are impossible, I just can't do it.

Wod alt leveling is just so unbearably broing compared to other expansions.

I really want to play my shaman but I just can't be assed to level, he's 92 and my 94 rogue and they're my two highest level non 100s and have been since January.

cdyhybrid

I had 1 max character in vanilla/tbc, 3 in wotlk, 7, in Cata, and 9 in MoP.

But in wod, I can't even level my 3rd, I was only able to manage my 2nd because he was leveling with friends, but any others are impossible, I just can't do it.

Wod alt leveling is just so unbearably broing compared to other expansions.

I really want to play my shaman but I just can't be assed to level, he's 92 and my 94 rogue and they're my two highest level non 100s and have been since January.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/3gxx1w/fastest_way_to_level_from_90100/cu2kr4p

Robin64

Holy shit the rares in Highmaul gave myself and my other party member a huge beatdown, and we had a third person there too that wasn't part of our group. All dead.

Jag

It's called burnout. I learned the signs years ago. Take a break, uninstall the game even. Come back during the pre-Legion event when they throw some fresh shit at us and you'll feel up to leveling again. I've done it a number of times.

Holy shit the rares in Highmaul gave myself and my other party member a huge beatdown, and we had a third person there too that wasn't part of our group. All dead.

Yeah, I mentioned they were tough. BM Hunter solos easy, pet barely takes any damage, but it takes a long time to kill alone.

It's called burnout. I learned the signs years ago. Take a break, uninstall the game even. Come back during the pre-Legion event when they throw some fresh shit at us and you'll feel up to leveling again. I've done it a number of times.

I literally just came back from a not having played since January.

cdyhybrid

~20K Apexis away from the toy, then I can just quit PVEing altogether except to level alts to 100 for gold generation. Then I can just fuck around in PVP.

What to play though? Kinda mulling over Warrior and Feral.

Yeah the flying requirements are pretty hefty if you just have a fresh 100. The apexis crystal missions and tanaan rep grind are a good chunk of time. Finishing up some quest chains for the zones takes time as well.

Thankfully I just need to grind saberclaw tomorrow and I'll have mine.

Using draenor handy notes helps a lot with the treasure achievement. I picked up a bunch of treasure while leveling because of the exp gains. My alt ended up at like 90/100 so it was trivial.

Top Bottom