• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

JSoup

Banned
What nerfs?

From MMO-C:

-We have made a number of changes aimed at reducing the difficulty of the Archimonde encounter for smaller raid groups on Normal and Heroic difficulty, with a focus on the final phase of the encounter in particular. These changes are offset by increased scaling with respect to raid size, so that the experience for larger raid groups will be mostly unchanged.
-Infernal Doombringer's health has been reduced by up to 15%.
-Shadowed Netherwalker's health has been reduced by up to 15%.
-Living Shadow's health has been reduced by up to 15%.
-Reduced the damage of Wrought Chaos by up to 20%.
-Reduced the damage of Shackled Torment by up to 20%.
-Living Shadows now spawn from each Nether Tear at a reduced rate for smaller raid sizes.
-Added a 3-second cooldown to the periodic healing of Eternal Flame, preventing Infernal Doombringers from healing other Infernal Doombringers until 3 seconds after spawning on all difficulties.
-Archimonde's health has been reduced by 10% on Raid Finder difficulty.

Aeana

The 60 minute cooldown on bodyguard death is so harsh. :\ At the point I'm at, I feel like I can't do anything at all once that happens. I basically rely on her to make progress on Tanaan dailies. I'm sure it'll change once I get some better gear, but until then... bleh.

Khezu

Cataclysm is lame, and permanent Infernal seems not super hot.

Should have just revamped Inferno as a level 100 talent.

1 minute CD AoE nuke, and after it hits you get a 30 second Infernal guardian that continues to AoE.

Maybe 2 charges for double Infernal's.

The 60 minute cooldown on bodyguard death is so harsh. :\ At the point I'm at, I feel like I can't do anything at all once that happens. I basically rely on her to make progress on Tanaan dailies. I'm sure it'll change once I get some better gear, but until then... bleh.

I haven't spent much time on tanaan, but aren't there any cross-realm groups that just deathball their way through dailies like they used to on Timeless Isle?

ampere

The 60 minute cooldown on bodyguard death is so harsh. : At the point I'm at, I feel like I can't do anything at all once that happens. I basically rely on her to make progress on Tanaan dailies. I'm sure it'll change once I get some better gear, but until then... bleh.

I haven't spent much time on tanaan, but aren't there any cross-realm groups that just deathball their way through dailies like they used to on Timeless Isle?

There def are. Especially if you are a healing spec, Aeana, you should check group finder and find some dps to help out

Tacitus_

You can switch to a different bodyguard when one dies.

Aeana

You can switch to a different bodyguard when one dies.
I know you can do that, but I often end up in a situation where possible replacements are out on lengthy missions.

During the day, yes. But sometimes I can only play at like 3 am like last night.

Man I thought horde was supposed to suck at bgs now, got my 4 ones for the quest in a row p easily, even had diablous on my team in my final one, is it vain to watch someone's stream archive just to see yourself?

cdyhybrid

Man I thought horde was supposed to suck at bgs, got my 4 ones for the quest in a row p easily, even had diablous on my team in my final one, is it vain to watch someone's stream archive just to see yourself?

It's clearly just the Alliance players in mercenary mode carrying you.

/Alliance player

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Cataclysm is lame, and permanent Infernal seems not super hot.

Should have just revamped Inferno as a level 100 talent.

1 minute CD AoE nuke, and after it hits you get a 30 second Infernal guardian that continues to AoE.

Maybe 2 charges for double Infernal's.

If you're using Demonic Servitude, you're using it for the doomguard/terrorguard. If you want AoE, you're using Charred Remains.

Cataclysm was only good for Demo, and Demo isn't good anymore.

Drake

So now that I finally have flying. Would it be faster just to do bonus objectives and pick up treasures instead of questing for my alts? Is there even enough XP in that to get to 100?

Khezu

So now that I finally have flying. Would it be faster just to do bonus objectives and pick up treasures instead of questing for my alts? Is there even enough XP in that to get to 100?

I just leveled a character that way.
Using Heirlooms though.

I don't know if it was faster, but I just did it because it was less effort, and I just zoned out well listing to podcasts.

Milennia

They didn't touch mythic, just small groups on normal/heroic

they actually fixed something on mythic.
previously infernals in p3 were knockable (supernova/explosive trap etc.), this has since changed without notice in a recent patch, however this weeks change made them not heal for 3 seconds upon spawn if they are close.

not in affect until server restart obv so we didnt have that for this week, but it still wasnt really an issue.

Dinjooh

I've done this with three of my alts now from 90-100.

20% buff from garrison and 10% buff from Darkmoon Faire and then just out and collect treasures.

Make sure you have archeology on your alts though for some treasures in Spires of Arak.

JSoup

Banned
I've done this with three of my alts now from 90-100.

20% buff from garrison and 10% buff from Darkmoon Faire and then just out and collect treasures.

Make sure you have archeology on your alts though for some treasures in Spires of Arak.

You don't have to have archeology learned to pick up the boxes, I've done it a bunch of times on alts that didn't.

I've just resubbed after letting it lapse a month and a half or so after WoD released. I had gotten to 100 and had a level 3 Garrison but I kinda chose buildings like an idiot.

I'd like to organize my Garrison to basically just make a good chunk of money, so what should I do for that? Any guides? As well as easily farmable raids and junk (am a Blood dk)

And what should my first oder of business be? Gearing up in tanaan? Shipyard crap? Unlocking flying? I'm kinda lost

cdyhybrid

I've just resubbed after letting it lapse a month and a half or so after WoD released. I had gotten to 100 and had a level 3 Garrison but I kinda chose buildings like an idiot.

I'd like to organize my Garrison to basically just make a good chunk of money, so what should I do for that? Any guides? As well as easily farmable raids and junk (am a Blood dk)

And what should my first oder of business be? Gearing up in tanaan? Shipyard crap? Unlocking flying? I'm kinda lost

Level 3 Inn/Tavern, spam Treasure Hunter followers. Get Harrison Jones (Master Relic Hunter achievement) ASAP.

Large plots - Barracks and War Mill. More followers and lets you gear them up faster.

Medium plots - Inn/Tavern in one, other is up to you. Barn if Savage Bloods still sell for a decent amount on your server. Trading Post if you need GR or want an AH in your Garrison.

Small plots - Salvage Yard and your profession buildings. Sell crafted armor/weapon upgrade tokens.

Gear up in Tanaan. With full Tanaan gear (especially if it's upgraded) you can solo 25H Cataclysm raids - those are the only ones really worth farming for gold.

Do the shipyard if you're planning to do your legendary. You'll also need to at least unlock it for flying.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, you have to do the shipyard for Draenor flying? I don't care about Draenor flight that much. All I want to do is get some Horde and Alliance healer toons to 100 for Legion. I just can't do the garrison timegate stuff anymore. I can't deal with any of that.

cdyhybrid

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, you have to do the shipyard for Draenor flying? I don't care about Draenor flight that much. All I want to do is get some Horde and Alliance healer toons to 100 for Legion. I just can't do the garrison timegate stuff anymore. I can't deal with any of that.

You only need to unlock it, so you can dot he questline up until you get your outpost in Tanaan built. Then you can do quests for rep.

You might be able to just buy Medallions of the Legion, but I'm not sure if the factions unlock before you build the Tanaan outpost.

Tacitus_

4 heirloom pieces, couple hours of setup and my DK went from 95 to 100 in 15 minutes. Thank you 300% xp potion and Gorgronds bonus areas.

StMeph

I took a long break just before/during the release of HFC, so I haven't stepped into it at all for Normal/Heroic. And I can't bring myself to run LFR just to complete the legendary ring, so I'm sitting a 2/33 tomes and every other step completed for the naval yard.

phierce

I took a long break just before/during the release of HFC, so I haven't stepped into it at all for Normal/Heroic. And I can't bring myself to run LFR just to complete the legendary ring, so I'm sitting a 2/33 tomes and every other step completed for the naval yard.
Use openraid to find a steady, weekly group doing normal in a time slot that works for you. You'll have it in 3-4 resets.

JSoup

Banned
Yes you do. But you can learn it from the first quest giver for 20 silver.

No you don't, I just did it.
Now, perhaps it won't save the fragments for when that character does know archaeology, but it vanished and gave me the experience.

ampere

Now, perhaps it won't save the fragments for when that character does know archaeology, but it vanished and gave me the experience.

Hm, maybe some can be picked up without? I've had the "requires Archaeology" error message on my alts in Spires of Arak.

Well levelling up gear was a lot quicker than I expected. I jumped from 600 to 660 in a couple of days and I've already seen/beaten all of the LFR content!

Had a blast but not sure if I want to take the effort to do raids on harder settings. Too much organisation, we will see.

The quest giver that starts the area can teach you archaeology after you do the first five quests and he moves a bit down the mountain. I had the same issue on my mage.

strafer

Everytime...every got damn time

246.gif

Bought a magic rooster today. I suppose the comedic value of a chicken mount is worth 200k. Though I realized I coulda had a transmog yak for less and ponder my decision. Buying that now would tip me below a mil though :/

StMeph

Bought a magic rooster today. I suppose the comedic value of a chicken mount is worth 200k. Though I realized I coulda had a transmog yak for less and ponder my decision. Buying that now would tip me below a mil though :/

200k is a pretty great price for the chicken, but 1 million gold and no yak is a tremendous shame.

Dinjooh

As Ciaossu said, it may not be all of them then - but I know I get an error message saying 'Requires Archeology' when trying to pick them up.

Top Bottom