• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

JSoup

Banned
Finally finished the Hand of the Prophet rep grind on my alliance DK. Got my empowered augment rune on her. But man that sucked having to do it again. Really should be an account-wide thing.

I was annoyed that it wasn't. Same with whatever the Laughing Skull equivalent is called.
I figure I'll come back next expansion and just farm Medallions casually to finish them off.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I say it every expansion, but I think I mean it this time. Legion will probably be the expansion where I stick to one character and say 'fuck it' to the others. It's the quickest way I get myself burned out.

Warrior for life.

cdyhybrid

I say it every expansion, but I think I mean it this time. Legion will probably be the expansion where I stick to one character and say 'fuck it' to the others. It's the quickest way I get myself burned out.

Demon Hunter for life.

Fixed!

No character will ever be as awesome as a Demon Hunter, so I'll be sticking with that.

I'll have my DK as a primary alt though, and a Dark Ranger/Shadow Hunter as a future alt if they ever introduce it into the game.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Warrior for life.

That's exactly what happened to me with MoP. I played just about 5-6 classes in pvp and it got me really burned out really fast, I wasn't really above average with any of them because I kept switching around, and the classes aren't even really that different at this point.

Focus on one, maaaaybe two, and don't fall into that trap. WoD is lasting a lot longer for me now that I'm on my warlock and warlock alone. I'd be so done if I had to do the ring quest on more than one guy, or tanaan jungle dailies twice for oil/apexis/rep.

The trap is working on more than one or two characters concurrently. You end up doing nothing but play WoW with that mindset. You have to accept that some alts will lag behind or not be played at all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I actually had that thinking going into WoD, but I was like 'well I'll just hit 100 on my alts. Well I'll just get them some basic gear to farm Invincible and Mimiron. Well I should at least transmog them. Well I cna make free money with them in my garrisons. Well now I have better gear from missions than my main'

Legion will probably do that too with MSV and ToT mounts. MSV is soloable with decent gear during Highmaul though, so I imagine I can take a fresh 110 into MSV and destroy it.

ZenaxPure

The trap is working on more than one or two characters concurrently. You end up doing nothing but play WoW with that mindset. You have to accept that some alts will lag behind or not be played at all.

Yeah for sure. I always focused on one character until they were more or less done and then just moved to the next. Little different in WoD obviously because the garrison, but, in every other expansion I used that mindset and it worked out great for my sanity. I don't really have a problem with letting a character rot at max level for long periods of time. Then again though I don't really have an obsession with getting better loot and crap anyway so it wasn't a hard mindset for me to get into.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I actually had that thinking going into WoD, but I was like 'well I'll just hit 100 on my alts. Well I'll just get them some basic gear to farm Invincible and Mimiron. Well I should at least transmog them. Well I cna make free money with them in my garrisons. Well now I have better gear from missions than my main'

Legion will probably do that too with MSV and ToT mounts. MSV is soloable with decent gear during Highmaul though, so I imagine I can take a fresh 110 into MSV and destroy it.

The gear probably won't matter. When you're 11+ levels higher than something, you get the invisible buff that makes you do mega-damage to it.

That was their "fix" for the stat squish, otherwise we'd be having problems in like..BC and WotLK stuff.

Robin64

Remnant of the Blood Moon: To reduce the number Drained Blood Crystal needed to start the encounter, the health of the Blood Moon has been reduced to 1000 (down from 10,000).

top kek

Maybe shouldn't have made the shards do much less "damage" last patch.

keffri

Of all the mounts I've been farming I got one that I didn't really want. I picked up the Fiery Warhorse from Karazhan today, but still no Invincible or Ashes :(. There is always next week.

I really can't get myself to do ashes because it's so out of the way and the fight is stupidly long with the scripting.

I've said to myself that I won't farm anything else seriously until I finally get Mimiron's Head, just to keep my sanity in check. Going to cross the 50% mark on that one this week though, hitting up 5 characters for it each lockout. Quick enough in that it takes a little less than an hour to do however.

Was so happy when I got Invincible a couple months ago.

phierce

Of all the mounts I've been farming I got one that I didn't really want. I picked up the Fiery Warhorse from Karazhan today, but still no Invincible or Ashes :(. There is always next week.
Soooo...if you didn't really want the mount, why were you in Kara?

keffri

Soooo...if you didn't really want the mount, why were you in Kara?

I mean of all the rare mounts that I'm trying to get the Fiery Warhorse is on the bottom of that list.

Don't know about hiim but I farm mounts for quantity, not quality. I pretty much have the mounts I want, but still do raids each weak anyway.

This pretty much, even though I do not have that many mounts atm.

cdyhybrid

A few days away from buying my Yak, finally. After that I'll go back to being poor, but my subscription is already paid until January, so I'll have plenty of time to farm back up :p

Shipyard and Garrison to me suck the most in the whole game..i went out of it to be among players in stormshield or even ironforge and stormwind.

Maybe the problem is really Tanaan. I am not motivated to spend time there. at all. But I have to, because otherwise I don't have enough oil to clear enough missions every week to improve my shot at that fucking draenic sea chart. It's taking me as long to run those missions as it took me to get every single tome.

13thStep

I have a question, what is the best tank class right now? I used to MT as a warrior back in BC (lol forever ago) and kinda want to tank again. Where does the warrior tank compare to the other tanks?

cdyhybrid

Maybe the problem is really Tanaan. I am not motivated to spend time there. at all. But I have to, because otherwise I don't have enough oil to clear enough missions every week to improve my shot at that fucking draenic sea chart. It's taking me as long to run those missions as it took me to get every single tome.

You don't have to do the dailies to get oil. Just kill the Hellbane rares using the group finder. A free 400 oil everyday (plus a chance at mounts or rep medallions) for maybe 20 minutes of work. Plus I seem to always be drowning in follower missions for oil, and there's also the oil rig shipyard missions.

Edit: Finally got the toy from the Blood Moon. Pretty underwhelming. At least I can completely ignore it from now on.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I have a question, what is the best tank class right now? I used to MT as a warrior back in BC (lol forever ago) and kinda want to tank again. Where does the warrior tank compare to the other tanks?

They're all pretty viable, the only time you notice a difference is when they were doing like, mythic progression in BRF gear.

It doesn't really matter afaik, anyone wants any tank.

13thStep

They're all pretty viable, the only time you notice a difference is when they were doing like, mythic progression in BRF gear.

It doesn't really matter afaik, anyone wants any tank.

Awesome thank you so much! I can resurrect my level 80 warrior after all then!

Wish we got a wolf form instead of catman. I'd love to see talents like what shadow priests got (well, if they were better balanced) where it changes the core rotation a bit. A wolf form that emphasized direct damage over dots for some single target dps gain at the cost of aoe would be nice.

or just make it a glyph.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm saving shit on my warlock that I know i'll never use, just in case the transmog system is account-wide like it is in Diablo 3.

I have no reason to believe this, but if I delete something on my lock I would've used on my mage then I'll hate myself down the line.

found a nice raid on open raid that did normal mannoroth, archimonde and 7 bosses in heroic. So I got the achievo, no cool mount like last expansion though :(.

No class trinket either, but I did get a felhorn and a 705 one hander, now I need a 705 offhand. Really just want that last set piece, hopefully xhul will give it to me.

ampere

I'm saving shit on my warlock that I know i'll never use, just in case the transmog system is account-wide like it is in Diablo 3.

I have no reason to believe this, but if I delete something on my lock I would've used on my mage then I'll hate myself down the line.

Yeah, just like the many no longer obtainable (or not easily obtainable) items I save that will probably be toys in a future patch, but just aren't right now

Tacitus_

zFQVwUm.png

Can't even sell the bloody things

E: lol a 2nd kodo

Robin64

Still need the Kodo.

Really annoying too that the original ram you can no longer get is stuck on an old account of mine.

cdyhybrid

Is there an addon that lets me set up/keep track of daily "tasks" that I can check off the list once they're done for the day? Trying to keep track of all the rep/mount farming stuff I need to do.

I see there's an addon called Notes that is basically text only, but I'm looking for something a little more fancy.

Is there an addon that lets me set up/keep track of daily "tasks" that I can check off the list once they're done for the day? Trying to keep track of all the rep/mount farming stuff I need to do.

I see there's an addon called Notes that is basically text only, but I'm looking for something a little more fancy.

There's probably a smart phone app that does this, although it won't be specific to wow I'm pretty sure there are calendar/reminder apps that say 'do this every day' with a checklist interface.

I can't think of any ingame addons that will separately track your mount hunting, rep dailies, garrison progress, etc. in a configurable way.

...You mean, like, the Windows program?

I know you don't mean a physical notepad, it's 2015 and no one uses pen & paper anymore ;)

Which is why I suggested a smartphone. I just messed around for a few minutes on my iPhone and yep, you can construct a list in Reminders of things to do every day, in meatspace or virtual reality.

Kinda wish there was something to do outside of raids at the moment. On non-raid days, I mostly just login, check my missions, and log out. For the most part I find PvP in WoW to be awful, so don't suggest that :p

On the plus side, this leaves room to play other games, but right now I'm finding it difficult to be engaged by most games.

Even with a vast backlog, there's not much I want to (or can play) for various reasons. For example, I don't have a controller right now, so that rules out a fair number of titles.

Top Bottom