• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ampere

I've been pvping a lot on non-raid nights myself. Hadn't pvped much since Cata and I'm having a good bit of fun. Trying to get Battlemaster and Khan gradually. Most of the hard achievements out of the way except some in Isle of Conquest, which sucks for horde... so I might gear an ally alt for those.

Been doing Mistweaver Monk, and it's really awesome. Great mobility so I can peel for myself :p.

I'm trying to get a Panda to Mists but Outland is where almost all of my toons go to die. Especially if I level up through the eastern kingdom. Badlands, Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes, Blasted Lands and Hellfire Peninsula is just the worst chain of zones to go through.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's the difficulty like?

MSV 10 was super easy as a blood DK and hunter in LFR BRF gear. I can't imagine it's any sort of fight with Baleful/HFC gear. The 'hardest' parts are the DPS check on the troll boss(which shouldn't be an issue now) and not getting caught by the arrows in the 4 Mogu kings fight

What's the difficulty like?

Mostly faceroll at 713 iLvl. Frost. If you went in as blood I imagine you could have been farming it for ages at this point. Dunno what the cutoff would necessarily be though. Hunters and Warlocks probably fairly easy at lower iLvls. Other classes IDK, probably not Mage.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm trying to get a Panda to Mists but Outland is where almost all of my toons go to die. Especially if I level up through the eastern kingdom. Badlands, Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes, Blasted Lands and Hellfire Peninsula is just the worst chain of zones to go through.
That string of zones really gets to me too. At the very least you can head to Zangramarsh pretty early on.

Holy crap why did they make female belf butts so big in the update?

It's like ridiculous kardashian shit now, sticks so far out it looks completely stupid compared to the rest of their body.

I can even enjoy my transmogs now, I just turn the camera and go wtf that ass looks so dumb.

The old but was perfectly fine, why they gotta ruin it, my monk is unplayable now.

It's like they took all the ass that male belfs sorely need and accidentally put it on the wrong gender making theirs twice as big.

Seriously, why male belfs got to be so flat, and why to fem belves got to get ass implants.

4/13M now. No swords for me, bonus rolled a cloak though. 4 trinkets dropped so I guess I can't complain in the end. Kilrogg is interesting, but we only had a handful of attempts on him.

Also got to 200 mounts. 250 and past that 300 are going to take years though, forreal.

Holy crap why did they make female belf butts so big in the update?

It's like ridiculous kardashian shit now, sticks so far out it looks completely stupid compared to the rest of their body.

I can even enjoy my transmogs now, I just turn the camera and go wtf that ass looks so dumb.

The old but was perfectly fine, why they gotta ruin it, my monk is unplayable now.

It's like they took all the ass that male belfs sorely need and accidentally put it on the wrong gender making theirs twice as big.

Seriously, why male belfs got to be so flat, and why to fem belves got to get ass implants.

King Gilga doesn't like DAT ASS, confirmed.

Got the void talon as well. That was cool.

phierce

Got Mimiron's head today on the 11th of 11 characters on my main account.
Like the only mount (well, one of a few) that I really want and I've had no luck. I'm running 5 toons a week (give or take how lazy I feel that week) with no luck. Guess it's time to grind a few more toons!

Edit: Grats!!

Fjordson

Decided to resub for a month just to fool around in WoW on my new laptop. It's such a different experience with ultra settings after being on low / medium settings for years and years. Especially with the draw distance cranked up, I love flying through zones now. And I have a shadow! I don't remember the last time my characters had a shadow. Maybe Burning Crusade :lol

Got Mimiron's head today on the 11th of 11 characters on my main account.
Grats breh.

Daniel R

Thanks all.

I am grinding for a few mounts at the moment.

4-5 days away from the Drake from Tol Barad.

Doing the Isle of Giants for Bones until a Primal Egg drops.
Got the first egg after 87 kills - Red primal raptor.
Went back after the first egg hatched and stumbled on an Ondaasta group - got an egg from him.

Killed Onyxia on 30 characters - no luck.

Did Lich King 25 heroic on 9 chars so far this week.

Also working on the Brawler's guild mount when I have spare time.

Robin64

That feeling when our current content is running all the old content for mounts.

(I, too, have a weekly schedule to adhere to for this)

Tarazet

I didn't play WoW for a couple weeks and now every group I get into for the KJ daily or claw farming, everyone else has flying but me. Makes it tough to stay motivated when you're holding everyone else back.

StMeph

There's a Brawler's Guild mount? I got the title last season but didn't know about anything else.

Another one to add to the "need to get" list...

Brawler's Guild in WoD is a huge shame because it was so good in MoP. Some bosses were shuffled around and changed up a bit, but it's basically the same content, just nerfed more. It even gives the same rewards -- including the same mount -- and only added Meatball as a follower. No more heirloom claws, either.

Brawler's guild was a joy back in Mists. Actually fun miniboss mechanics to solo, combined with some frustrating bullshit and an audience factor to it all at its peak.

It's not alone in feeling under-developed in WoD. Challenge modes were probably the most fun I'd had in Mists and I can't even find 3 other motivated people to do them in WoD.

cdyhybrid

Brawler's guild was a joy back in Mists. Actually fun miniboss mechanics to solo, combined with some frustrating bullshit and an audience factor to it all at its peak.

It's not alone in feeling under-developed in WoD. Challenge modes were probably the most fun I'd had in Mists and I can't even find 3 other motivated people to do them in WoD.

I'd do them with you :3 I want that stuff for transmog!

Tacitus_

Grats! I hear he's a guild-killer (him and Mannoroth), so good job :D

He was definitely a leap up in difficulty, especially compared to Kilrogg who was a big joke. People were even scaring us on forums how this would be a 300 wipe boss.
We had something like 100 wipes before we started to get a hang on the boss, but once we got the coordination part somewhat down, we started making (somewhat) steady progress.

ZenaxPure

Brawler's Guild in WoD is a huge shame because it was so good in MoP. Some bosses were shuffled around and changed up a bit, but it's basically the same content, just nerfed more. It even gives the same rewards -- including the same mount -- and only added Meatball as a follower. No more heirloom claws, either.

Yeah it felt really lazy which was hugely disappointing to me personally. They could have at least retired the old rewards and added some new ones (like why no Savage Brawler title, could have been so perfect).

King Gilga doesn't like DAT ASS, confirmed.

Got the void talon as well. That was cool.

I'm an ass man, just a proportional ass man.

Brawlers guild was probably my favorite mists addition.

It's really such a shame they didn't expand on it.

Honestly I probably made more rando friends in that arena than anywhere else since cata.

Milennia

He was definitely a leap up in difficulty, especially compared to Kilrogg who was a big joke. People were even scaring us on forums how this would be a 300 wipe boss.
We had something like 100 wipes before we started to get a hang on the boss, but once we got the coordination part somewhat down, we started making (somewhat) steady progress.

He was extremely difficult when undergeared, required a ton of coordination and patience.
There are also a good few bugs etc. that have been fixed since then, like pools spawning under people who have the debuff and are going down/increased digest time/immunities not spawning pools

The biggest nerf to that boss was people getting gear easily, almost 1 phasing the boss is a godsend as one of the harder sections was surviving during the 3rd normal phase with such little room left due to pools, meaning they must be dropped closer and closer to the group which means increased damage each time unless the person the debuff was on had an immunity and was still able to drop theirs near a wall.

As mentioned though, rings changed this entire instance, not having them is a huge deal in terms of difficulty for multiple reasons on some of the more difficult encounters such as mannoroth, archimonde and tyrant (this fight becomes a timing nightmare until you get it down with people getting more and more gear and upgraded rings, we just yolo it now), they also make xhulhorac even faster than he already was pre rings.

Tacitus_

We killed it during the 3rd feast. We don't have a gear problem (I think anyway), but people are still bad about killing adds in the stomach and we had multiple full or almost full hp skeletons come up.

Milennia

We killed it during the 3rd feast. We don't have a gear problem (I think anyway), but people are still bad about killing adds in the stomach and we had multiple full or almost full hp skeletons come up.

We used a slave strat and made mages go down with CDs to kill the adds since they and hunters just demolished anything down there, this is pretty much how we killed the boss, although completely unnecessary, my guild sucked huge ass at killing downstairs mobs as well.

Tacitus_

We used a slave strat and made mages go down with CDs to kill the adds since they and hunters just demolished anything down there, this is pretty much how we killed the boss, although completely unnecessary, my guild sucked huge ass at killing downstairs mobs as well.

We had a couple guys kill themselves to help downstairs too and had two guys permanently on spirit duty so they would be in execute range when we needed to get people up.

Rokal

I had a great time with CM golds in Mists, but they are pretty joyless in WoD. Only 2 left to go for my group and I don't think any of us are actually having fun doing them.

The class balance for CMs in WoD is awful (check the leaderboards sometime to see the complete domination of DK tanks and Druid healers) and it really doesn't feel like they've made any changes to CMs from MoP. Same strategies of rotating CDs/CC and doing big pulls, just a new coat of paint.

I was sad to hear they probably weren't bringing CMs back for Legion but after doing Golds in WoD I think the idea has run its course. The leaderboards prove that they aren't able to balance the classes equally for time trials, and the time constraints mean that the dungeons play almost identically.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I had a great time with CM golds in Mists, but they are pretty joyless in WoD. Only 2 left to go for my group and I don't think any of us are actually having fun doing them.

The class balance for CMs in WoD is awful (check the leaderboards sometime to see the complete domination of DK tanks and Druid healers) and it really doesn't feel like they've made any changes to CMs from MoP. Same strategies of rotating CDs/CC and doing big pulls, just a new coat of paint.

I was sad to hear they probably weren't bringing CMs back for Legion but after doing Golds in WoD I think the idea has run its course. The leaderboards prove that they aren't able to balance the classes equally for time trials, and the time constraints mean that the dungeons play almost identically.

As niche as CMs are, and then how further niche the competitive leaderboards are, I don't think that's a reason for them not making CMs again.

More likely they have too much on their plate making 36 different weapons, and then variants for those different weapons the armor/weapon art team has more than enough shit to do at this point.

They can also make skins for different avenues and deliver them to a much bigger variety of people.

JSoup

Banned
If you're in Ashran, we think it's okay to bring 4 friends along with you. But bringing 39 creates an unfair environment. (holinka)
Certainly happy that new communities have sprung up and new friendships have been formed. But not at the expense of fairplay. (holinka)
Unfortunately, a few people have circumvented those restrictions and we've had to create additional measures. (holinka)
I am not sure I understand. So working together as a team is frowned upon in an MMO?
Seems like you're twisting my words. (holinka)

No, cupcake, no one is twisting your words. Ashran was put together poorly, so banding together is the only way to actually play the fucking zone, which is how an MMO works. Punishing the players for the dev teams sins doesn't strike me as a good way to keep players around.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
No, cupcake, no one is twisting your words. Ashran was put together poorly, so banding together is the only way to actually play the fucking zone, which is how an MMO works. Punishing the players for the dev teams sins doesn't strike me as a good way to keep players around.

Ashran was designed to be this fun open world pvp zone that you can't play with friends.

PvPers can only do things in groups of, at most, 10. Most of them probably do it in groups of 5 with bgs and 3s for arena.

It's kinda crap that you can't play in big groups because ickle wah-wah babies don't want to lose to a team.

Robin64

Ashran needed more stuff for the solo and small group players to do that contributed to the overall battle. Like how Alterac Valley used to work, you could farm skin from rams if you wanted. Instead you just move as a group from flag to event to flag to event.. There's very little free-form play there, it's a fairly linear stomp.

Severance

I saw a lot of hype for Warlords of Draenor when it was released, but now it seems there is a lot of disappointment. So tell me GAF.. is it that bad? I'm looking to get back into an MMO and I'm deciding between FFXIV and this.

A little background: I played WoW from launch day through Cataclysm, quit shortly after launch. I played FFXIV for about a year when A Realm Reborn released. I'm mostly about PvE, I was in a hardcore raiding guild when I played WoW and lived to raid. I'm not quite looking to get back into that level of play though.

Lomax

I saw a lot of hype for Warlords of Draenor when it was released, but now it seems there is a lot of disappointment. So tell me GAF.. is it that bad? I'm looking to get back into an MMO and I'm deciding between FFXIV and this.

A little background: I played WoW from launch day through Cataclysm, quit shortly after launch. I played FFXIV for about a year when A Realm Reborn released. I'm mostly about PvE, I was in a hardcore raiding guild when I played WoW and lived to raid. I'm not quite looking to get back into that level of play though.

I quit around the same time you did and came back recently using tokens. I didn't buy WoD and have found that a great change of pace, there was the entirety of Pandaria to experience and play around in, and none of the feeling of pressure to gear up heavily. If you're curious and thinking about coming back, that's what I'd recommend before you drop $50 on WoD.

Fjordson

I think if you've never done any WoD content, jumping in now wouldn't be bad. There's a lot to see and do now and the leveling experience from 90 to 100 is quite good.

After the initial leveling it got kinda boring for some people (myself included) and new content wasn't exactly flying out from Blizzard. But there's a decent amount there for someone just getting the expansion.

cdyhybrid

Leveling is good (the first time) and the raids are good. Outside of that, there's a pretty striking lack of content compared to other expansions. It got a little better in 6.2, and it became pretty easy to get some decent gear. There have been a lot of QOL improvements since the launch as well (reps not being a soul-killing grind anymore, for instance).

I'm mostly just passively generating gold from my garrisons, farming up gear for my DK, and farming mounts/battle pets in my offtime.

Top Bottom