• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

StMeph

Do they still remove duped items from people though? I mean there are a lot of spectral tigers on the AH, surely a lot of these are duped. And mine probably was with my luck.

Generally if you've used/learned the item and don't go out of your way to ticket a GM and ask into its -- or your seller's -- legitimacy, it's yours and no one cares.

Jag

People still getting up to 10 stacks on LFR Archimonde :lol

Blizzard has no idea what they're doing.

Arch LFR is fine. People think they can dps though mechanics. It's rage inducing and I'm glad I'm done with it until Legion.

ampere

Bought a Blazing Drake for 150k on the BMAH last night. Couldn't take doing Dragon Soul anymore. I was one of the few people in my raid group in Cata who didn't get one

#worthit

Bought a Blazing Drake for 150k on the BMAH last night. Couldn't take doing Dragon Soul anymore. I was one of the few people in my raid group in Cata who didn't get one

#worthit

Pretty good price. Cheaper than my magic rooster. Still the haidmaiden though if you don't have that.

Personally I find I can't do Dragon Soul more than once every other week or so at most. Still just concentrating on Ulduar.

cdyhybrid

LFR is the babby mode, not free wins mode. You should have to put some effort to killing the last boss of the expansion.

Babby mode = free win. It makes no sense to put in a mode that holds your hand through every fight for 2+ expansions and then on the last one switches it up.

Especially when they just nerfed normal mode because they're so desperate to keep people raiding.

Tacitus_

Babby mode = free win. It makes no sense to put in a mode that holds your hand through every fight for 2+ expansions and then on the last one switches it up.

Especially when they just nerfed normal mode because they're so desperate to keep people raiding.

They already removed two mechanics from the fight and the numbers are tuned so low you could drool on the keyboard to get enough dps and healing. At some point people should at least learn that they shouldn't stand in the fire and maybe remember to perform a mechanic or two.

cdyhybrid

They already removed two mechanics from the fight and the numbers are tuned so low you could drool on the keyboard to get enough dps and healing. At some point people should at least learn that they shouldn't stand in the fire and maybe remember to perform a mechanic or two.

That's the thing though...people in LFR will never learn that :p Otherwise they'd be doing Normal+.

At least 5 competent people could finish the fight on Durumu LFR.

Tacitus_

That's the thing though...people in LFR will never learn that :p Otherwise they'd be doing Normal+.

At least 5 competent people could finish the fight on Durumu LFR.

There's a difference in doing mechanics badly and standing in the fire and screaming at the healers when you inevitably die.

ampere

Pretty good price. Cheaper than my magic rooster. Still the haidmaiden though if you don't have that.

Personally I find I can't do Dragon Soul more than once every other week or so at most. Still just concentrating on Ulduar.

Yeah I already have experiment and handmaiden

Totally worth it at that price imo

Just kills me because it went for 30k on my server at the beginning of WoD ~_~

LFR is the babby mode, not free wins mode. You should have to put some effort to killing the last boss of the expansion.

Eh I disagree. It's tourist mode, shouldn't get up to 10 stacks of determination

cdyhybrid

DaQnpDo.jpg

Woooooooo finally!

Broke again but it's alright.

Edit: Apparently some people found 10 abandoned Alliance garrison designs in the game files.

They all look better than the Horde garrison

Khezu

Worgens turning into a snow leopard werecat is the most insane thing to ever exist.

Blizzard is so odd about certain things, they just go out of their way to avoid players having any cosmetic fun at all.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Worgens turning into a snow leopard werecat is the most insane thing to ever exist.

Blizzard is so odd about certain things, they just go out of their way to avoid players having any cosmetic fun at all.

Worgen turning into wolves and having stuff like rake renamed into gnaw would be fun.

And we can't have that in the game, no siree.

cdyhybrid

Erm. I learned the mechanics in LFR, then applied that for a one off normal fight. Maybe you didn't, but that's you.

Congrats, you were an outlier. I don't know how anyone can look at all the people standing in fire and AFK tunneling the bosses in LFR and think there's learning going on.

StMeph

Congrats, you were an outlier. I don't know how anyone can look at all the people standing in fire and AFK tunneling the bosses in LFR and think there's learning going on.

That certainly doesn't have anything to do with the game mode. The people standing in fire in LFR would be standing in it at any and all levels of difficulty. They just aren't allowed into the higher ones. Apparently that means Archimonde isn't easy enough because things actually do damage.

cdyhybrid

That certainly doesn't have anything to do with the game mode. The people standing in fire in LFR would be standing in it at any and all levels of difficulty. They just aren't allowed into the higher ones. Apparently that means Archimonde isn't easy enough because things actually do damage.

Sure it does. LFR is made for those people. That's how it's been for literally every boss outside of Archimonde and Durumu (sort of).

If you want to actually learn fights and take raiding seriously you're supposed to be doing Normal.

StMeph

Sure it does. LFR is made for those people. That's how it's been for literally every boss outside of Archimonde and Durumu (sort of).

If you want to actually learn fights and take raiding seriously you're supposed to be doing Normal.

...and Iron Maidens.
...and Nazgrim.
...and Lei Shen.
...and Garalon.

Basically any boss that wasn't reduced to: ignore mechanics, tank and spank.

cdyhybrid

...and Iron Maidens.
...and Nazgrim.
...and Lei Shen.
...and Garalon.

Basically any boss that wasn't reduced to: ignore mechanics, tank and spank.

Never had any problems with any of those in LFR. Even Durumu was usually one-shotted by the 5-7 people who could actually do the maze.

Not Archimonde, though.

cdyhybrid

So you don't really want a nerf. You just want to be carried.

No, I want to get my tome without wiping to 10 stacks before actually trying being the most efficient strategy.

And spare me the condescension. I only do LFR for the legendary quest items on my alts. I was getting server firsts back in Vanilla (never mind the shit I went through raiding in EQ), I've forgotten more about raiding than you'll ever know in your life.

Hell, make it like Durumu and make it so me and the 4 other people actually paying attention in the LFR group can finish the fight. That would be fine. But no, I guess me wanting the ability to carry 20 other people means *I* want to be carried.

StMeph

No, I want to get my tome without wiping to 10 stacks before actually trying being the most efficient strategy.

And spare me the condescension. I only do LFR for the legendary quest items on my alts. I was getting server firsts back in Vanilla (never mind the shit I went through raiding in EQ), I've forgotten more about raiding than you'll ever know in your life.

And now you're asking for nerfs on the easiest difficulty in the game.

Ignoring the pissing contest, you basically said that 5 people being able to do it despite everyone else dying to mechanics is okay. If it can be carried = no nerfs needed. Can't carry = need nerfs. That's probably the worst barometer for balance testing.

cdyhybrid

And now you're asking for nerfs on the easiest difficulty in the game.

Ignoring the pissing contest, you basically said that 5 people being able to do it despite everyone else dying to mechanics is okay. If it can be carried = no nerfs needed. Can't carry = need nerfs. That's probably the worst barometer for balance testing.

I'm asking for it to be in line with every other fight on that difficulty since its inception. Nothing more.

Balance in LFR is meaningless. When will people get this through their heads? LFR is only raiding in name. Normal is entry-level raiding, LFR is tourist mode.

Caring about LFR balance like killing shit in LFR actually means anything is ridiculous.

Hell, make it like Durumu and make it so me and the 4 other people actually paying attention in the LFR group can finish the fight. That would be fine. But no, I guess me wanting the ability to carry 20 other people means *I* want to be carried.

Maybe if you hadn't forgotten so much about raiding you wouldn't belong in LFR ^^

Top Bottom