• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Lomax

I'm asking for it to be in line with every other fight on that difficulty since its inception. Nothing more.

Balance in LFR is meaningless. When will people get this through their heads? LFR is only raiding in name. Normal is entry-level raiding, LFR is tourist mode.

Caring about LFR balance like killing shit in LFR actually means anything is ridiculous.

You strike me as the guy who is screaming at everyone else in the group about how bad they are, making it more miserable for everyone and less likely to succeed, while just looking for easy gear on your alts. If you're so much better than LFR, maybe leave it to the people who want to have fun? Because it sure doesn't seem like your presence is very beneficial to anyone.

cdyhybrid

You strike me as the guy who is screaming at everyone else in the group about how bad they are, making it more miserable for everyone and less likely to succeed, while just looking for easy gear on your alts. If you're so much better than LFR, maybe leave it to the people who want to have fun? Because it sure doesn't seem like your presence is very beneficial to anyone.

No, I try to talk to randoms in WOW as little as possible. It preserves my sanity.

That said, go ahead and tell me how wiping on Archimonde over and over is fun for LFR-lifers when they've one-shotted almost everything else since LFR came into existence.

Cool, I'm not in a rush (I've had this quest going for about 5 years XD) a little more won't hurt. Yeah I'm US you are on my battle.net already.

Remind me what your Battletag is so I can make a note. Moved in and computer setup (well, that's about the first thing I did at least). So I can help with this whenever now.

Rambaldi

I've never been more bored in a end of expansion period in my time playing. :( all my friends have quit and I really don't have the energy to level anyone else. Nothing holds my attention.

I'm scared to "take a break" because I lead a guild now and I know what happens to guilds when the owner takes time off. Shit sucks. I need Legion.

Nokterian

where is legion .. . .. ..

It is going to take a while before it is here maybe next year. And i stopped playing for that reason to be honest when i think of it WoD did good things but also a lot of bad things. I love WoW i really do but they messed up the core game so much i cannot play WoD anymore you login and it is a damn facebook game.

strafer

Wow, did I fuck up beyond belief.

I was going to level a Warrior and go Protection. So I went to Undercity and bought those tanking heirlooms without thinking. It was only after when I was putting them on that parry and dodge are gone and they have similar stats to the other melee heirlooms, I could have gone with those instead.

Sigh.

At least I got a sword and shield.

Jag

I've never been more bored in a end of expansion period in my time playing. :( all my friends have quit and I really don't have the energy to level anyone else. Nothing holds my attention.

Yep. My sub is up today and I'm going on break until the Legion pre-event or whatever it is. I got 8 toons to 100 and just haven't had fun playing recently.

pt9bcN7.gif

eUV0bci.jpg

If you don't know, these would normally come from Mythic Archimonde. Extremely BiS.

Fjordson

Having fun building up my Warrior / working towards Draenor flying. Only doing LFR right now, but it's fun. And I'm liking Tanaan Jungle.

Of course in the week since I came back I haven't done a single thing in my Garrison. Still a really boring addition to the game imo.

Tacitus_

Yis, 8/13 mythic down. Almost made it to the top 1k in the world, but we were 1030th or something like that.

Gorefiend took us more wipes (140) alone than the next two bosses together (40 each). And I'm aware that that is a pretty fast Gorefiend kill as well.

Milennia

Im actually enjoying this farm period so far we are currently 8 mythic archi kills deep (9 tomorrow) and im not feeling any burnout outside of rough raid nights.

Parsing isnt much fun atm however since a ton of people who used to have fun doing that have quit or gone casual, so the pool is relatively small for my class at the moment from what i can tell.

Maybe when i finally get my mount i will start feeling some burnout but as of now i really do enjoy doing manno/archi each week in particular as they never cease to feel pretty damn epic.

(as i mentioned previously about the bad nights, they arent that spaced apart so the stress can really eat away at me sometimes, which may or may not be an issue moving forward)

Draxal

Yeah, Blizzard has no idea what they're doing. In LFR. To get to 10 stacks.

Well, it's evident that they really don't know how to train the player base or curate griefers/idlers in LFR, mind you it seemed like they gave up and oddly decided to have Archimonde be a road block yet again.

StMeph

Well, it's evident that they really don't know how to train the player base or curate griefers/idlers in LFR.

Standing in damage is bad because your health is dropping. That's the feedback. If someone is ignoring all of the feedback showing bad stuff happening to you in game, I don't know what you're expecting Blizzard to do, short of a giant GTFO flashing across your screen and locking out all of your action bars until you move.

Do you like extensive tutorials before single-player games teaching you how to move the camera around and look up and down too?

I'm not saying LFR is perfect, or that Blizzard can't improve the game mode, because there's always room for improvement. But somehow shifting the responsibility to Blizzard to basically play the game for everyone in LFR and/or teach them how to play is a little far-fetched. Why is it so ridiculous to expect players to actually do something themselves? This is why Proving Grounds Silver continues to be a source of QQ on WoW General.

Fjordson

Speaking of LFR, this past week has been my first LFR experience (or raiding in general) in WoD. They definitely made sure to differentiate the gear cosmetically, eh? These LFR drops are so ugly :lol

Draxal

Standing in damage is bad because your health is dropping. That's the feedback. If someone is ignoring all of the feedback showing bad stuff happening to you in game, I don't know what you're expecting Blizzard to do, short of a giant GTFO flashing across your screen and locking out all of your action bars until you move.

Do you like extensive tutorials before single-player games teaching you how to move the camera around and look up and down too?

I'm not saying LFR is perfect, or that Blizzard can't improve the game mode, because there's always room for improvement. But somehow shifting the responsibility to Blizzard to basically play the game for everyone in LFR and/or teach them how to play is a little far-fetched. Why is it so ridiculous to expect players to actually do something themselves? This is why Proving Grounds Silver continues to be a source of QQ on WoW General.

Problem with alot of lfr players, isn't that they're bad, it's because they're intentionally being bad while either afk/tunneling while watching a tv show on the side etc/drunk/tired of doing lfr for the 1000th time etc/or waiting for an opportune time to grief.

Part of this is the aforementioned issues with legendaries being locked to raiding, and I due to think it's related to alts, maybe they should have made the legendaries server wide for characters on that account.

As for Blizzard, the money of a casual player is the same as the money of a hardcore raider. They need to keep their hooks into them, and that's where they need to adjust (even though I doubt many casuals are doing LFR). I'm just providing my feedback as a player who lost his patience after nonstop wipes on Nazgrim/Dark Shamans in lfr back in Pandaria, and is no longer playing, not that my word is gospel or anything, and everybody has the same experience as me, but I do think they have to reevaluate their strategy on LFR/Legendaries/etc.

Fjordson

One annoying thing about LFR I've seen this week: DPS queuing as healers for presumably shorter queue times. Last night we had two "healers" do this when they were really just DPS. And of course the group was kinda mediocre so we really could have used those two slots for actual healers.

One annoying thing about LFR I've seen this week: DPS queuing as healers for presumably shorter queue times. Last night we had two "healers" do this when they were really just DPS. And of course the group was kinda mediocre so we really could have used those two slots for actual healers.

This has been happening since Dragon Soul and yep it's irritating.

cdyhybrid

Speaking of LFR, this past week has been my first LFR experience (or raiding in general) in WoD. They definitely made sure to differentiate the gear cosmetically, eh? These LFR drops are so ugly :lol

Yeah, the only decent looking stuff is in Mythic.

I think the only good-looking weapon (that a DK can use anyway) in HFC is Calamity's Edge =\

Why is it so ridiculous to expect players to actually do something themselves? This is why Proving Grounds Silver continues to be a source of QQ on WoW General.

It's not - that's what Normal mode is for. That's not what LFR is for. If you're going to make people actually pay attention and learn the fights, just remove LFR.

The caster set looks pretty nice! Better than the real warlock T18 sets at least :<

The caster set looks pretty nice! Better than the real warlock T18 sets at least :<

There's a pretty sick belt my alliance DK has that has knives and shit on it.

But yeah most LFR gear now is pretty poop.

Gotta do it tonight though for tomes on said DK. And time walking probably just my main. Though I may skip that.

Maddrical

Another expansion, another resubscription. 10 years later and I'm still resubscribing to this damn game.

Anyway, is there much point to resubbing now or should I wait until Legion? I hit 100 when WoD came out, realised I hated everything about garrisons and the new profession system and cancelled my sub. Didn't do any heroics or raiding.

I really don't know why I'm resubscribing, I have a feeling it'll be the same as WoD. I just miss Vanilla & TBC WoW. See how we go.

cdyhybrid

Another expansion, another resubscription. 10 years later and I'm still resubscribing to this damn game.

Anyway, is there much point to resubbing now or should I wait until Legion? I hit 100 when WoD came out, realised I hated everything about garrisons and the new profession system and cancelled my sub. Didn't do any heroics or raiding.

I really don't know why I'm resubscribing, I have a feeling it'll be the same as WoD. I just miss Vanilla & TBC WoW. See how we go.

I would wait until Legion. There's not much new stuff to do if you aren't interested in WoD content.

I'm pretty much just farming bags/gold/mounts for my DH when Legion eventually releases.

The raids are good, but there's not much else going on - and the raids are all old news by now for the most part. You could probably still find people progressing through HFC if you got up to raiding standards fast, but you're cutting it close.

Maddrical

I guess I can just train up my professions, do some gold/achievement farming and find some gear to transmogrify. I need to do some more research on Legion I think, I don't even know if they've revamped professions or if it's the same as in WoD.

Does pre-ordering Legion give me my level 100 or do I get that on release?

cdyhybrid

I guess I can just train up my professions, do some gold/achievement farming and find some gear to transmogrify. I need to do some more research on Legion I think, I don't even know if they've revamped professions or if it's the same as in WoD.

Does pre-ordering Legion give me my level 100 or do I get that on release?

They've said they're revamping professions, but there's been very little info about Legion in general beyond what they revealed at Gamescon so far. We're expecting a lot more information to be released at Blizzcon next month.

I dunno how long you've been gone for, but you can pay for gametime with gold now. It's ~28K for a month on my server (Stormreaver US), so if you have gold you can stay subscribed and not have to worry about paying for it. It's also pretty easy to passively make enough gold to pay for your sub now, once you've put the initial work in.

Not sure about the preorder and the 100 boost. I would assume you only get it on release.

Tarazet

Funny enough, I've noticed if they are mediocre DPS and don't show up on anyone's Recount, no one ever says anything. If they stand out and have a brilliant opener, fabulous AoE, or anything like that, they get booted.

Ark

Funny enough, I've noticed if they are mediocre DPS and don't show up on anyone's Recount, no one ever says anything. If they stand out and have a brilliant opener, fabulous AoE, or anything like that, they get booted.

I always check for these queue cheaters, and when I find them I call them out and they get kicked. If you're queueing as a healer, you should be healing.

Robin64

I got to 16 tomes and then just stopped. Haven't been after any for so long now. I don't properly raid, so LFR is where I go. A day one kill of Archimonde just totally bummed me out so much I can't even bring myself to queue for the easier wings.

Kuntz

I got to 16 tomes and then just stopped. Haven't been after any for so long now. I don't properly raid, so LFR is where I go. A day one kill of Archimonde just totally bummed me out so much I can't even bring myself to queue for the easier wings.

Yeah, that was the same for my monk, but I finished it for the sake of it. It was painful.

But now I want to try raiding with an arcane mage i'm leveling.

No way I'm doing all of this again. No fucking way.

Well I got at least 5 tomes this week on my alt DK by doing some last minute LFR. At 22 or 23 now. Another 2 weeks at least probably. Might finish my hunter's eventually (6 tomes atm), but probably not doing more than that unless I'm forced to switch characters for some reason.

Yeah, that was the same for my monk, but I finished it for the sake of it. It was painful.

But now I want to try raiding with an arcane mage i'm leveling.

No way I'm doing all of this again. No fucking way.

The power increase from the ring is stupid though. Mandatory if you want to seriously play the character. I feel like the cloak was faster though, or at least the last step wasn't as painful, since there wasn't an extra collectathon from SoO (just the catchup mechanic).

Ark

I used to be a top 500 EU raider in WoTLK and I can't imagine raiding now in WoD. Apart from the fact that I'm now six years older, the raiding content seems incredibly lacklustre. HFC is cool, yeah, but three fucking difficulties? Hardmodes were cool in Wratg, I liked that. But there's no reward for being a top raider anymore. You just get reskinned armour/weapons and maybe a cool mount/title that'll just become a 1% drop chance and get farmed to the mountains and back on the next expansion.

I know it's silly and counter-productive, but the raider in me misses doing content that I knew very few people on my server would see. Though tbf, the casual player I now am really enjoys LFR.

ZenaxPure

You just get reskinned armour/weapons and maybe a cool mount/title that'll just become a 1% drop chance and get farmed to the mountains and back on the next expansion.

?????

This is the first expansion where armor on the highest difficulty has actually looked different from the armor of lower difficulties (to the point where heroic/normal armor sets have looked kinda bad for the most part). Wrath (and Cata/MoP) were the expansions where the armor was just reskins.

Also the 3 difficulty thing doesn't really matter if you are a "Top 500 raider". No one clearing Mythic BRF was starting with Normal mode HFC. The progression path was the same as it was in any other expansion.

Ark

?????

This is the first expansion where armor on the highest difficulty has actually looked different from the armor of lower difficulties (to the point where heroic/normal armor sets have looked kinda bad for the most part). Wrath (and Cata/MoP) were the expansions where the armor was just reskins.

Also the 3 difficulty thing doesn't really matter if you are a "Top 500 raider". No one clearing Mythic BRF was starting with Normal mode HFC. The progression path was the same as it was in any other expansion.

Sure, but I don't know, I guess I just don't understand the core raiding mentality any more.

So if I decided to go after the ring, how long is it going to take? I don't know if I can do an LFR grind again but was wondering what it involved.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

StMeph

Rösti;180866354 said:
J. Allen Brack was executive producer on Warlords of Draenor. Lead producers were Ray Cobo, Barry Hawkins and John Lagrave. Barry Hawkins left Blizzard in April for Netflix.

Needs potato graphic to help illustrate the comment.

Also I recognize none of those names. o_o

Jag

So if I decided to go after the ring, how long is it going to take? I don't know if I can do an LFR grind again but was wondering what it involved.

A very long LFR grind. Here's the entire guide

You are looking at a few weeks for stones, a few weeks for runes, and a few weeks for tomes.

Blizz added some catch up mechanics for stones and runes, so the time is probably shorter than listed, but you are looking at maybe a minimum of 2 months of LFR? Probably more depending on RNG for tomes which are not guaranteed drops. I guess you can try to farm the hell out of Apex for the catch up quest in Tanaan.

I fear my guild is maybe a month from taking a long holiday until Legion comes out. We're not doing well in Mythic and we've had to consistently pug 1-2 people just to make 20. We're lucky we only have to pug DPS but seriously, we have to pug for Mythic. This won't last long :(

Top Bottom