• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Question about the Pandaren race. I've noticed that all of the armor (what I've seen so far, anyway) that was put into the game before they were added in looks stretched and blurry. Is the only armor that looks good on them from Mists and onward?

strafer

This album is legit good.

Linkin_park_hybrid_theory.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Question about the Pandaren race. I've noticed that all of the armor (what I've seen so far, anyway) that was put into the game before they were added in looks stretched and blurry. Is the only armor that looks good on them from Mists and onward?

You can find some stuff
pandarentier10warrior.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh, that's not bad. I guess it's a mostly with the gear for earlier levels.

Vanilla and BC gear are usually a bad idea for male Pandaren because their textures had such a huge jump from BC to WOTLK that they didn't have previously. And it's really noticeable because of how the Pandaren male chest stretches chest textures that were never meant to be stretched.

Any Pre-MOP helmet is borderline unwearable on either gender though because they scale ridiculously huge. My hunter's a male Pandaren in the CM MoP set and I'm extremely happy with it. The Mythic BRF Warrior set looks good on them too, surprisingly.

Vanilla and BC gear are usually a bad idea for male Pandaren because their textures had such a huge jump from BC to WOTLK that they didn't have previously. And it's really noticeable because of how the Pandaren male chest stretches chest textures that were never meant to be stretched.

Any Pre-MOP helmet is borderline unwearable on either gender though because they scale ridiculously huge. My hunter's a male Pandaren in the CM MoP set and I'm extremely happy with it. The Mythic BRF Warrior set looks good on them too, surprisingly.

I was playing a male Pandaren Shaman and ended up in this huge muu-muu type thing which reminded me of:

QkP9xjd.jpg

Once that image popped into my head it ruined the character for me, lol. I'm going to save the Shaman for Tauren now.

Whenever I feel ready, I will probably use that level 90 boost for a Pandaren character so I can skip through the early levels of armor. Between the mis-matched colors and stretching, it just looks awful.

HunRevan

I just bought the draenor dlc and I only had the starter edition before. Why does it keep saying to upgrade when I start the game? It seems to be okay since I have everything on battle.net. Also have the boost token.

ZenaxPure

wat

Is that what we're calling it now?

I am going to put on my pc elitist hat for a second and blame consoles.

Look I don't want to, I enjoy playing games on my consoles. I play a lot of them. BUT, the ps3/360 era worked really hard to destroy the term expansion pack. It's only a matter of time until it is washed out of the pc space as well.

Ark

Might be a dumb question, but are those people in trade chat selling 'Challenge Gold' boosts legit? I see the same guys regularly advertising boosts on my server for ~38 EUR.

ampere

Might be a dumb question, but are those people in trade chat selling 'Challenge Gold' boosts legit? I see the same guys regularly advertising boosts on my server for ~38 EUR.

If they want to sell it for real world currency it might be legit as in they will do it, but it can result in bannings and potentially losing your achieves. Not sure if they penalize the buyer in those scenarios.

If people offer to sell it for gold and you play your own character, that's fine and legit. Although you do risk the group being shitty, so it's good to see if they have previous buyers who vouch for them.

Tacitus_

If they want to sell it for real world currency it might be legit as in they will do it, but it can result in bannings and potentially losing your achieves. Not sure if they penalize the buyer in those scenarios.

If people offer to sell it for gold and you play your own character, that's fine and legit. Although you do risk the group being shitty, so it's good to see if they have previous buyers who vouch for them.

I think they only penalize people who buy the boost and have one of the boosters pilot their account.

Entropia

No One Remembers
wat

Is that what we're calling it now?

Yeah you didn't get the memo? Can't wait for the Legion DLC.

(I'm kidding)

I don't know how you could even call an expansion pack for an MMO "DLC".

DLC to me is like a side mission in an off-line game. Like that creepy island in Falllout 3, or that Tiny Tina D&D like thing in Borderlands 2.

Robin64

The worst part is, I'd like a lot of what he says to happen.

Not the removal of LFR though, fuck people who want that.

Ark

I think they only penalize people who buy the boost and have one of the boosters pilot their account.

Over half of the boost ads I see are self-play, so essentially you're paying for them to help you out in a dungeon. I'm tempted to do it because it'd be a lot quicker than finding a group myself, but obviously I wanted to know if it was legit or not :p

Tacitus_

Over half of the boost ads I see are self-play, so essentially you're paying for them to help you out in a dungeon. I'm tempted to do it because it'd be a lot quicker than finding a group myself, but obviously I wanted to know if it was legit or not :p

I know the ones selling for gold are legit (assuming they've got a reputation for it), I'll probably buy a boost next month or so.

Fjordson

Yeah, if it's a boost selling for gold, then it could be legit. Don't go for anything selling for real money, though.

In-game thing for in-game gold = good. In-game thing for outside currency = bad.

Look, another leak!

So many reasons it's fake. Why bother, dudes.

Another leak of verbal diarrhea by a notorious mmo-c troll.

Not that I'm that excited for Blizzcon but it's nice when all this shit comes to an end. It's not even entertaining since they're not even putting in the effort to give us an offscreen shot of some shitty logo or 'new race.'

Entropia

No One Remembers
Speaking of leaks and what not... didn't Blizzard after they announced Legion say that there was another feature in place that they weren't quite ready to talk about yet that'll blow our minds???

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Speaking of leaks and what not... didn't Blizzard after they announced Legion say that there was another feature in place that they weren't quite ready to talk about yet that'll blow our minds???

Yeah, we'll see if that is something they talk about at blizzcon. I know there's some speculation that it's related to an "adventure mode", but I'm not sure how you would translate a D3-style adventure mode to WoW.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

It wasn't really THAT hyped up...someone just asked Afrasiabi and Brack what their favorite new thing was and Afrasiabi said it wasn't announced yet.

It's funny how stuff like that gets construed over such a short amount of time, imagine if his favorite feature is like, appear offline or mobile mailbox or something. I've seen it said like this a few times now, but talk about setting yourself up for disappointment.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, we'll see if that is something they talk about at blizzcon. I know there's some speculation that it's related to an "adventure mode", but I'm not sure how you would translate a D3-style adventure mode to WoW.
Presumably it would just be using the ilevel scaling in timewalking and applying it to a bunch of places.

ampere

That specific poster (jaylock) is a known idiot troll, so this leak is even less meaningful than the average worthless leak.

That's one of the great things about GAF. Make shit threads constantly and get juniored and/or banned. MMOC doesn't really enforce that sort of thing at all and new users can instantly make threads

I find this pretty annoying. I don't want to be the dick in my raid who didn't get all the valor possible and thus is the cause of a low % wipe. Ideally they could do 4800 valor available from difference sources, then a 1 or 2k cap, so you can pick what you want, but you don't have to do it all

ZenaxPure

I find this pretty annoying. I don't want to be the dick in my raid who didn't get all the valor possible and thus is the cause of a low % wipe. Ideally they could do 4800 valor available from difference sources, then a 1 or 2k cap, so you can pick what you want, but you don't have to do it all

I don't understand why they don't apply the conquest model to VP. I seriously think that is the best system they have come up with for currency and it would work so well with VP.

And yeah I really miss the philosophy they had in MoP where you could get VP from doing whatever the fuck you wanted. It was such a great system even if VP was mostly pointless outside of item upgrades over the course of the expansion.

Kaper

I'd rather they have a system that rewards valor on an decaying curve, allowing those who want to play all day get what they want. There would be some threshold on the curve that would act as a soft cap to most players. It should also have a catch up mechanic that boosts your valor rewards if you haven't played in X days.

I personally think it's a great idea. Play as much as you want or you don't, but still have it feel like you accomplished something. Blizzard has spent a long time telling people how to play. This isn't that.

cdyhybrid

Green Proto Drake get!

It's a mount week in this thread apparently ;)

Didn't get anything from Al'Akir or Dragon Soul though :( Hopefully Arthas, Yogg-Saron, Ragnaros, Alysrazor, and Kael'thas are generous!

Into

Is there a good addon for group finder in regards to Tanaan bosses Doomroller, Deathtalon, Terror and Vengeance?

Something where i dont have to type their names in the premade group? Ive found some but they werent all that great.

cdyhybrid

Is there a good addon for group finder in regards to Tanaan bosses Doomroller, Deathtalon, Terror and Vengeance?

Something where i dont have to type their names in the premade group? Ive found some but they werent all that great.

I just typed them out. You really only need the first few letters of the name (doom/death/terror/veng) most of the time.

Into

I just typed them out. You really only need the first few letters of the name (doom/death/terror/veng) most of the time.

Yea ive been doing that so far, i just find it tiresome because they die so fast these days and you need to keep refreshing often

I found this addon:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/premadenotifier?page=2

Essentially it adds 1 button to your group finder, it automatically searches for a phrase, say "Terror" and as soon as it finds it, the group finder window auto pops up. The refresh rate is 3 seconds.

This means you leave WoW in window mode and browse the internet. It helps!

Into

Yeah, i mainly do it for the Medallion, ive gotten 7 today across my alts and made quite good money on them. They sell here for 5300 gold a piece.

I can recommend the addon i linked if people are farming it and cba manually refreshing the window. I just sat and watched movies while parked where the mob spawned and the addon alerted me to get off my ass

cdyhybrid

Yea ive been doing that so far, i just find it tiresome because they die so fast these days and you need to keep refreshing often

I found this addon:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/premadenotifier?page=2

Essentially it adds 1 button to your group finder, it automatically searches for a phrase, say "Terror" and as soon as it finds it, the group finder window auto pops up. The refresh rate is 3 seconds.

This means you leave WoW in window mode and browse the internet. It helps!

Yeah, you need to find a group that was formed < 1m ago and also be in the mob's spawn area.

zugzug

Is there any difference in still holding a grudge against blizzard for dance studio and then still farming for a mount from 2007 when your achieve will say 2015 come on now.

Yeah, i mainly do it for the Medallion, ive gotten 7 today across my alts and made quite good money on them. They sell here for 5300 gold a piece.

I can recommend the addon i linked if people are farming it and cba manually refreshing the window. I just sat and watched movies while parked where the mob spawned and the addon alerted me to get off my ass

That's actually a great idea. I can't sell them though. I need to help my wife with flying and that would be very helpful.

Is it one kill a day on each one per character?

Top Bottom