• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

cdyhybrid

So, what are people hoping for at BlizzCon? (Anything!)

1. Overwatch release date
2. Legion release date
3. Legion beta announcement
4. Diablo 3 expansion
5. Hearthstone 'expansion'

WoW specific things:
1. More lore info
2. Dungeon / Raid info
3. Profession changes (i.e. not what WoD did. I liked what they did in Wrath and Cata)
4. Elemental Shaman re-work
5. Whatever unannounced feature they talked about
6. New / Removed Stats (i.e. no tertiary stats)
7. No more Warforged gear
8. New battlegrounds
9. New skins/themes for existing battlegrounds

What I want:

-Legion Beta starting
-Legion release date (but this is less important IMO, just a target month or "late Qwhatever" is fine)
-Legion info RE: DHs, professions, character advancement, adventure mode?
-Diablo 3 Expansion

The only one I'll probably get to satisfaction is the Legion info. Maybe a start date for the beta. Oh, also wouldn't mind some info on what's left for WoD between now and Legion. When is 7.0 going live, etc.

WoW specific things:
2. Dungeon / Raid info
3. Profession changes (i.e. not what WoD did. I liked what they did in Wrath and Cata)
8. New battlegrounds

Pruned your list for the things I'm interested in hearing about first. I'm not really chomping at the bit for any of the rest. Overwatch commands my attention at the moment, the game looks like crazy fun.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So, what are people hoping for at BlizzCon? (Anything!)

2. Legion release date
4. Diablo 3 expansion
5. Hearthstone 'expansion'

WoW specific things:
1. More lore info
2. Dungeon / Raid info
4. Elemental Shaman re-work
5. Whatever unannounced feature they talked about
6. New / Removed Stats (i.e. no tertiary stats)
7. No more Warforged gear
8. New battlegrounds
9. New skins/themes for existing battlegrounds

You misspelled "enhance" :p Ele could certainly use some work but enhance almost needs to be entirely destroyed and rebuilt at this point.

Also at this point I have no idea what my expectations are for a D3 xpac. On the one hand I think this Blizzcon makes the most sense for an announcement when it comes to timing, but on the other hand it's kind of hard to get a feel for the direction of D3 development at this point. I wouldn't be shocked if there is no second expansion at all and the series just moves on to a new game or new direction entirely.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The only thing we'll get is the ability to preorder Legion.

For 50 bucks!

You know they'll fucking do it.

Throw in beta access as well and they couldn't be any more transparent if they tried.

They said they're no longer going to report sub numbers during investor calls anymore. I'll just assume they're losing 3-400k every quarter now until they start releasing them again.

Robin64

Yes, give me Legion preorder. Give me that mount.

upmpsp03.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Of course Legion will be $50, it's coming with a level boost. That's the new normal.

ampere

Legion will be $60. It's more value because you can level higher, duh

Yea I will probably end up getting the digital CE as usual though

Are the ptr changes buffs or tool tip fixes?

They pretty much buffed every class I played, that's a nice treat. 5% buff on Arms and I'm guessing 3-4% on fury is good. Didn't think enhance was in a bad spot, Moonkin is appreciated but doesn't really solve any core issues they have in that most fights in HFC are about burst aoe.

cdyhybrid

Are the ptr changes buffs or tool tip fixes?

They pretty much buffed every class I played, that's a nice treat. 5% buff on Arms and I'm guessing 3-4% on fury is good. Didn't think enhance was in a bad spot, Moonkin is appreciated but doesn't really solve any core issues they have in that most fights in HFC are about burst aoe.
Tooltips I believe.

Edit: Just saw what you were talking about, those are buffs.

Thought you meant the tooltip changes to Monks a few days back.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Rösti;184077647 said:
Anyone up for a game of BlizzCon Bingo? Here's my card:

And here's the template:

I made it larger than the Nintendo Direct bingo card in case someone wants to print this out or use as a wallpaper.

They're not doing microphone Q&A this year, may wanna change the red shirt guy one =p

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
They're not doing microphone Q&A this year, may wanna change the red shirt guy one =p

I think they are. Those poll questions the other day were supposed to be for people who couldn't make it to Blizzcon and were in addition to live ones. That's how it sounded.

Edit: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/391878-blizzcon-qa-panel-poll-2/
Wait youre picking from a list rather than letting people in the audience ask their own? That would be a deviation from previous years.

These are additional questions from the portion of the community that can't be at the event. Those there at BlizzCon will have an opportunity to take part as well.

Shahadan

I want a Legion trailer not a warcraft movie one ;((

And the beta going live so we can get some nice music ripped from there

Robin64

"The beta goes live this weekend, and everyone here or watching on Virtual Ticket has entry!"

And then I woke up.

Tenebrous

Legion can't come soon enough. If it released tomorrow then maybe I'd be able to say 6.2 was a decent patch, but anything past Q1 2016 would be absolutely pathetic.

Robin64

Remembering the chills from the Diablo III thing still gives me chills and has never been topped.

"What if we just made Diablo III... free to all World of Warcraft subscribers?"

JSoup

Banned
Don't see that it's been said yet, but if you have Legacy of the Void bonuses coming, they're up now. Got'em for WoW, D3 and SC2.

Robin64

I guess being in the UK has a benefit for once. The Virtual Ticket stuff is all on in the evenings for me, so Friday and Saturday evening become Blizzcon on the big telly in the front room, some beers, some takeaway food.. Bliss. Almost a tradition now.

I really enjoy the various panels, though the eSports part can die in a fire.

And then the ingame goodies too? Definitely has value for me.

Shahadan

Well I guess Murkidan can have its use, but portraits and shit like hearthstone card backs that you basically never see yourself is a bit useless.

I guess I'm just disturbed by how most of the goodies' purpose is just to show proudly to other people that you got scammed of 30 euros

ZenaxPure

Won't lie had I the spare cash I would have forked it over last year for the D3 weapon skins. Black Hand on my Barbarian would have been the coolest thing ever.

Jag

Looks like 5.5million subs is the last sub number we'll see from Blizz.

Blizzard Will No Longer Report World of Warcraft Subscriber Numbers

"Note that this is the last quarter that we plan to provide subscriber numbers," the company said. "There are other metrics that are better indicators of the overall Blizzard business performance."

Instead, Activision Blizzard will use other unspecified "engagement" metrics to talk about the health of WoW. These were not detailed during the earnings call where the announcement was made on November 3.

Eklipsis

Just got a free 10 day trial after I haven't played in 2 years...I've forgotten everything lol

I play on draka btw if anyone is on that realm.

Robin64

Or on any PC. The opening ceremony and the tournamets are free to watch. Might even work on tablets if their streaming plugin plays nicely with mobile browsers.

Yeah but this time it's being shown via the Xbox Live Events app. MS are making a big deal out of it.

Anoregon

Yeah but this time it's being shown via the Xbox Live Events app. MS are making a big deal out of it.

Master Chief confirmed for Xbone-exclusive Overwatch character.

Top Bottom