• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a countdown to BlizzCon:

t1446827400z4.png

Jag

Why does only California know about those chemicals?

Only California had lawyers draft legislation that gave those same lawyers a private right of action to sue on behalf of the state to recover monetary penalties.

Sorry for the derail, Prop 65 litigation is a pain in the ass. Thanks California!

Daniel R

This weekend I am buying a carry for 8/8 challange mode gold.
It will cost me 200k gold but it's worth it for the Yeti mount, title, achievements and transmog gear.

I will also be buying a Blackhand Mythic kill for the mount for 300k.

ZenaxPure

I really do hope they talk about the new transmog system.

Yeah out of everything we know about Legion so far this makes me the most excited tbh. It's something I really want as someone who enjoys collecting and changing transmog sets fairly often but has ran out of bag space. There are just so many armor sets in the game after 11 years you can't keep everything, especially sets in multiple colors.

ampere

Rosti is too literal sometimes :p

I really do hope they talk about the new transmog system.

It's a big selling point of the new expac... if they don't that would be nuts

This weekend I am buying a carry for 8/8 challange mode gold.
It will cost me 200k gold but it's worth it for the Yeti mount, title, achievements and transmog gear.

I will also be buying a Blackhand Mythic kill for the mount for 300k.

If you don't raid, those prices sound decent. I think the Blackhand mount price will dip down more as the expac wanes, but who knows. That's ~15k gold per seller for 10 minutes of work

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
oooo early access to demon hunter? sheeeeit that's some dastardly shit.

"expected game release on or before September 21, 2016"

ugh.

Tenebrous

I mean that's *gotta* be their worst case scenario date. Gotta be.

Without doubt. Their best case scenario date isn't going to be "on or before."

But still, September 2016 would be about 10 months late, in my opinion. Feels like Legion should be a few weeks away, not a few quarters.

Without doubt. Their best case scenario date isn't going to be "on or before."

But still, September 2016 would be about 10 months late, in my opinion. Feels like Legion should be a few weeks away, not a few quarters.

Sure, I just mean I hope there's actually a chance it will be earlier than that, rather than "we're not saying it's September... but it's September."

Not quite sure I can pull through another 10 months of HFC.

Lomax

Funny how they've basically made physical buyers second class citizens with the demon hunter early access. You'd think their retail partners would be mad about this but I'm sure Blizz would prefer all sales be digital now anyway, no cut to share.

Funny how they've basically made physical buyers second class citizens with the demon hunter early access. You'd think their retail partners would be mad about this but I'm sure Blizz would prefer all sales be digital now anyway, no cut to share.

I haven't bought a WoW expansion physically since Cataclysm (when I bought a CE). The instant access on launch day is too valuable to pass up, regardless of any other perks.

ZenaxPure

It'll be out by 1 year after the final content patch of the expansion?

Think we all knew that already.

Early Demon Hunter is weird. Kinda cool though since you can get everything sorted out (bags, professions, addons, etc etc.) before the expansion drops.

Edit, if it actually doesn't make it until September I am going to be richer than I figured I would be going into Legion, jfc.

Nudull

Banned
Lv. 100 boost *and* early access to Demon Hunter?

I've never bought an xpac digitally before (always loved collecting Blizzard games physically), but I might end up breaking that tradition.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Lv. 100 boost *and* early access to Demon Hunter?

I've never bought an xpac digitally before (always loved collecting Blizzard games physically), but I might end up breaking that tradition.

The fineprint makes it sound like the early DH is just by a week, so that's kind of meh.

ampere

On the plus side, with a tier this long I'll get my Archimonde mount for sure!

I wonder if Demon Hunters will start at lv70 with that detail, hm! Makes sense lore-wise.

now I can see why they don't want to report sub numbers.

Atleast this will give me time to focus on other things like job hunting once I graduate :p. Always a silver lining.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sometimes I wish you could pick your rewards for stuff like the CE or virtual ticket. Obviously I get its intentions of putting you in the ecosystem, but I REALLY don't want SC2 portraits

Won

The "no more sub numbers" thing makes a lot more sense now, if there really are up to three more investor calls before new content pops. Embarrassing.

Lomax

Plus with the boom of Hearthstone and release of Overwatch, "digital content" profits will continue to rise, which is what looks good to investors. Seeing the cash cow slowly die wouldn't be motivating for anyone.

ZenaxPure

Plus with the boom of Hearthstone and release of Overwatch, "digital content" profits will continue to rise, which is what looks good to investors. Seeing the cash cow slowly die wouldn't be motivating for anyone.

Think I said it in the other thread but subs are weird in a token world anyway. Like 6 months from now if they still have 5.5 million subs(lol) what does that even mean? Like I will have an active sub then but the money that contributed to that sub was from a year ago.

Whole thing seems weird.

Lomax

Think I said it in the other thread but subs are weird in a token world anyway. Like 6 months from now if they still have 5.5 million subs(lol) what does that even mean? Like I will have an active sub then but the money that contributed to that sub was from a year ago.

Whole thing seems weird.

The subs thing never made any sense, considering half or more of that number was always some made up estimate based on the completely different Asian markets. But when it did nothing but go up, they were happy to talk about it. Honestly the numbers I'd rather see are the number of copies of each expansions that sold, but they've never provided that beyond the first week/month numbers.

ZenaxPure

The subs thing never made any sense, considering half or more of that number was always some made up estimate based on the completely different Asian markets. But when it did nothing but go up, they were happy to talk about it. Honestly the numbers I'd rather see are the number of copies of each expansions that sold, but they've never provided that beyond the first week/month numbers.

I think personally I am interested in just how much money they are making from the game each quarter. As a curiosity. I'm sure those stats already exist out there but I am lazy.

Also if they really want an influx of cash they need to expand that token system into other services. Like c'mon blizz, I don't want to pay $25 to race change my orc rogue I rarely play but I would be totally okay with someone else paying $30 for me to race change it. Make it happen!

Lomax

I think personally I am interested in just how much money they are making from the game each quarter. As a curiosity. I'm sure those stats already exist out there but I am lazy.

Also if they really want an influx of cash they need to expand that token system into other services. Like c'mon blizz, I don't want to pay $25 to race change my orc rogue I rarely play but I would be totally okay with someone else paying $30 for me to race change it. Make it happen!

I'd have gladly bought WoD with gold, just like I bought tokens with gold. As it is, I reached the point where my interest in running Pandaria content ran out, and I'm not spending $50 for WoD, so I stopped buying tokens (that and the spike in token cost made me more hesitant). If they add WoD to the base game at some point I'll probably grab another token then, but there's no way I'll spend $50+ on an expansion now, I just have too much other stuff to play.

As much as there's a million theories on why WoW is slipping, I think the biggest thing is what has hit every entertainment company in the world - more options. No one had a thousand games on Steam in 2004, or even in 2009. There was no Humble Bundle when WotLK came out. The PC game market is just completely different now. In some ways it's amazing they still have the number of subscriptions that they do.

Daniel R

What are your guesses for what the shocking unannounced feature could be?
Some say Adventure mode, but would could that be? Is it solo, group or both content?

I hope the feature is something fun, perhaps randomized, that give unique rewards.
Or maybe it could give tokens that can be used for a variety of in game purchases, like mounts, toys, cosmetic items.
Doing better will give you better rewards, kind of like challenge modes.

Daniel R

I don't mind actually.
It gives me time to start up pug raiding on my main and finish a lot of old content.
I started maxing an excel sheet of stuff I want to do and it will easily tide me over until September.

Can't say it's bad thing that Draenor will go on longer when it's so easy to make shitload of gold with not much effort.

Top Bottom