• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Aeana

I like it, though I'm a Brewmaster main and usually only heal PvP. My guildy who was main spec MW hates it, because he liked the Eminence (damage -> heal) part. At least you can still do melee dps if you want and mouse-over heal people in between

There's a pvp talent that lets you use Soothing Mist as a separate ability and make some of your heals instant like it used to be

There's a quest up there IIRC, but it's not live until next week or two
I really hated having to tag everyone with renewing mist in preparation for possible future AoE damage. And removing chi from the spec was a pretty good move too I think.

Oh they moved it already? I read it was just next week. Guess its just the quest next week then.

It might as well not be there. Currently it seems to serve no purpose. The vendors sell nothing and train nothing and say they are under a strict blockade from the Kirin Tor. You can't go in the sewers. I tried to fish up some coins from the fountain and got nothing but crap Vanilla fish. The current location seems to confuse itself in being in Deadwind Pass and Dalaran at the same time - I used the toy that teleports you to the top of the spire in Wrath Dalaran and it just kills you by teleporting you up into the air. Bankers aren't there, but you can use the guild bank. You can't talk to any important NPCs. I looked pretty much everywhere.

Corsick

you're goddamn right

also this is the cutest thing ever

qUmUe1K.jpg

What's the drop chance on Cataclysm's edge? Maybe 9%? Farming Archimonde is really tedious due to how the waves work in that raid.

I'm really surpised how good experience the invasions give to leveling characters, every 4 hours is basically a free level for just being in the zone not the fastest way to level sure but I can afk and go play Overwatch while I get a free level for no work and a bunch of chests to give me year right when I ding 100 XD

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There's no Siege of Orgrimmar LFR npc to solo queue like there is for Dragon Soul right?

Apathy

I'm really surpised how good experience the invasions give to leveling characters, every 4 hours is basically a free level for just being in the zone not the fastest way to level sure but I can afk and go play Overwatch while I get a free level for no work and a bunch of chests to give me year right when I ding 100 XD

The chests drop gear based on what level you were when you got it not when opened

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It should be at the the Lorewalkers place above Mogu'Shan Palace in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. An NPC there for all the Mists LFRs.

Cheers guess I missed it.

Which one is easier to solo or 2-man, LFR or 10m normal? I want Thok :/

biaxident

Well this blows, invasions reset in 40 mins, trying hit both up on my 59 lock and am stuck in dc loop in org, get to azshara and just dc everytime, cant even hearth out. Gonna miss out on the free levels.

Aeana

Well this blows, invasions reset in 40 mins, trying hit both up on my 59 lock and am stuck in dc loop in org, get to azshara and just dc everytime, cant even hearth out. Gonna miss out on the free levels.

Yep, same thing happened to me. I just barely managed to hearth out, although that took like a whole minute.

biaxident

Yep, same thing happened to me. I just barely managed to hearth out, although that took like a whole minute.

It doesn't even register me dismounting lol, DC always happens within 20 secs and can't do a thing lol. My other characters all seem fine though.

Rhaknar

Normal means you have to clear all the way up to Thok, LFR you can queue for his wing and just kill Spoils iirc

This is something I was wondering, if via the npcs you could still queue for the wing you wanted directly like you could before

Rokam

Completely forgot they added that wolf, haven't touched hunter all expansion. Guess I should go do that anyway. Thanks!

scoobs

Man DKs have no healing at all anymore. BGs are ROUGH with druids and warlocks running rampant top of damage/healer meters

The chests drop gear based on what level you were when you got it not when opened

Doesn't appear so no, got a dozen boxes under level 90 and am level 93 now and got 553 gear from the first box I opened which is the appropriate item level for my level now not what level I was then.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So are invasions continually borked, now, or are things just being terrible for now?

New ones aren't 'instancing' properly, keep failing.

I had to link this because lol

Death Penalty to Severe

I dunno, whenever I die in an older area it sucks to have to make long corpse runs because they are relatively short in Draenor. The invasions are a good example, if you die near the caverns of time you have to run all the way around from the backside and you dont fly while your dead. I can't remember the last time I've had the little dude show up on screen to say my armor was low though, but I have a repair mount.

Its better then older then WoW MMO though. RuneScape, EverQuest and Eve Online have extremely harsh penalties, thats for sure.

biaxident

I did learn that if you start an invasion with only 10 mins left, and it rolls over, you still get to finish it and 2 new ones still pop up. I figured it would just kick us out but it didn't.

So the trick to getting past 25man Heroic Shannox and Face Rage--you get stunned and mauled until you die, someone else needs to inflict 9k damage on Rageface--is simply to switch to a tank spec for that fight specifically and then Face Rage never procs. I did it with my lvl90 sword and shield heirlooms without issue after getting mauled to death twice because I couldn't burst down Shannox fast enough as Fury.

Aeana

I dunno, whenever I die in an older area it sucks to have to make long corpse runs because they are relatively short in Draenor. The invasions are a good example, if you die near the caverns of time you have to run all the way around from the backside and you dont fly while your dead. I can't remember the last time I've had the little dude show up on screen to say my armor was low though, but I have a repair mount.

Its better then older then WoW MMO though. RuneScape, EverQuest and Eve Online have extremely harsh penalties, thats for sure.
I started playing MMOs with EQ and UO. I still play FF11. WoW's death penalty is practically nonexistent. A slap on the wrist in repair costs and a small run most of the time.

EVE's death penalties are harsh yeah, but that's also kind of the entire point of the game, with the economy designed around destruction and creation. It actually makes the economy there more stable than in WoW, where we just have massive inflation. Granted there's still inflation in EVE, it just occurs at a slower pace.

Rhaknar

I cant find a demo lock video for 110 and its annoying me. All the video guides are for 7.0.3 (aka now) where they center around the current tier bonus and some ridiculous trinket that gives your hand of Gul'dan a 60% chance to spawn 3 imps, but I want a guide for a world where neither of those things exist, I want a spec for the spec itself.

Stalk

I cant find a demo lock video for 110 and its annoying me. All the video guides are for 7.0.3 (aka now) where they center around the current tier bonus and some ridiculous trinket that gives your hand of Gul'dan a 60% chance to spawn 3 imps, but I want a guide for a world where neither of those things exist, I want a spec for the spec itself.

I think preachgaming has some on YouTube. He mostly covers changes and does a little analysis though. Might not be quite what you are looking for.

Rhaknar

I think preachgaming has some on YouTube. He mostly covers changes and does a little analysis though. Might not be quite what you are looking for.

Seeing as Preach shat on Warlocks, especially Demo, like he had 10 burritos for lunch, no its not what im looking for :) But I apreciate it. My struggle between Demo Lock and BM Hunter continues and will probably continue up to Legion launch and I just go "eenie meenie miny moe" between the two.

Watching a BM video and while im happy I mostly play with a "proper" spec, one thing I am NOT doing and hearing about it makes sense is nit casting cobra shot unless you are above 90 focus (or there about) because pretty much every other skill is a higher priority.

And ive definitely had plenty times where I have to wait a second or so to have enough focus to cast kill command for example, which is a big no no since its like the number one priority in the "rotation".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Preach didn't shit on Warlocks. He gave them more praise than they deserved. He was like the only youtuber I can remember speaking positively about the changes to Warlock.

Aeana

I'm essentially a career priest. I've made 12 different priests since WoW launch. It's by far my favorite class. But... I really like what they've done with mistweaver monk. Now I can't decide which to main into Legion. (._. )

biaxident

Preach loved demo lol, he was one of the few.

So i'm about to boost my 60 mage, can't decide what professions. Have all professions maxed but this one is on a different server. Herb/alch or herb/tailor is what i'm leaning towards. Or maybe mining/engineering lol.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Why didn't they remove all the rp in DS? I've wasted years of my life waiting on the Aspects, Thrall, Deathwing and Ultraxion to shut up.

Rhaknar

Actually you're right its not Preach, just rewatched the video I was thinking of, a ranged comparison video, and he actually has Demo in there. My bad, I guess it was another youtuber then, I apologize. I know I saw a video recently that just omited Locks completely and even said it was because he didnt like any if the specs.

I'm essentially a career priest. I've made 12 different priests since WoW launch. It's by far my favorite class. But... I really like what they've done with mistweaver monk. Now I can't decide which to main into Legion. (._. )

How many of these priests were female Pandas?

If I played my priest I would race change it to a female panda :(

Ashodin

these type of posts make me really think the new specs are really all that and a bag of chips

Fjordson

Anyone kno what's up with these hidden items in the Demon Hunter starting area? Apparently there's a 28 slot bag and a re-usable buff (like the crystal of insanity one from Timeless Isle). Are there any others??

these type of posts make me really think the new specs are really all that and a bag of chips
I think so. I've never been this torn on what character to main going into an expansion because I have like 4-5 classes that I'm really into right now.

biaxident

Switched my lock to demo for a bit, it does seem really odd how you end up casting hand of guldan, dreadstalkers, then demonic empowerment. Its like 6 straight seconds of casting, why not make the proc that has dreadstalkers free also make it instant cast? It's a cool idea for a spec though, almost there.

Rhaknar

Switched my lock to demo for a bit, it does seem really odd how you end up casting hand of guldan, dreadstalkers, then demonic empowerment. Its like 6 straight seconds of casting, why not make the proc that has dreadstalkers free also make it instant cast? It's a cool idea for a spec though, almost there.

Doom-> Dreadstalkers -> Empower -> Instant Shadowbolt
Gazer -> Empower -> I.SB
Felguard from Grimoire -> Empower -> I.SB
4 shard Hand -> Empower -> I.SB

Always be pressing buttons lol! Unless you go Doombolt then you skip the Gazer step :(

How so? I found the new healing monk kind of ...boring

Top Bottom