• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
THE LOOT GODS HAVE BLESSED ME
wowscrnshot_081416_08wosey.jpg

Aeana

How so? I found the new healing monk kind of ...boring
I find it to be a massive improvement over what it used to be. I hated tagging people with renewing mist just to cast uplift. I like how soothing mist is automated now, and I like the potential skill cap with thunder focus tea optimization. It's a bit lean in terms of ability spread, but I expect that to change at 110.

Azzurri

So it seems like most PvPer switched over to Horde again. Bg's are basically 70-80% Horde. I faction changed my Rogue to a Belf and have won all my BGs. I couldn't win 1 Bg when I was an Alliance.

Before Pre Patch I was winning 80% of my bg's on allaince

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I think I'm going to boost my Monk and level up my DK (80 currently), and depending on what my guild prefers I'm gonna play either one.. if I get to tank for my guild ;s

I hear you. I have a DK on the side myself but I'm a healer at heart. Also love the super short queue times on instances/raids. :D

Anyone getting killed by the opposite faction during invasions? I'm on a PvE server, not turning on PvP and the little "shield" icon is not on my portrait to show that I'm flagged as being killable.

But when I checked the "what happened to me" log it says that someone from the opposite faction killed me. I don't know how that's possible. Bug? Intended?

Tarazet

Anyone getting killed by the opposite faction during invasions? I'm on a PvE server, not turning on PvP and the little "shield" icon is not on my portrait to show that I'm flagged as being killable.

But when I checked the "what happened to me" log it says that someone from the opposite faction killed me. I don't know how that's possible. Bug? Intended?

You got mind controlled. Working as intended, unfortunately. I guess Blizzard thinks repair bills are exciting.

If you suddenly see all of the nameplates turn unfriendly, just stop attacking. It's the safest way.

Sölf

There are some effects that make you attackable by other players. Stuff like "Can't receive any healing, breaks after X damage" or mind controll. Maybe something like that killed you? Or just AoE effects that deal damage to other people around you, but not yourself. Maybe stuff like that killed you?

You got mind controlled. Working as intended, unfortunately. I guess Blizzard thinks repair bills are exciting.

If you suddenly see all of the nameplates turn unfriendly, just stop attacking. It's the safest way.

Sölf;213596496 said:
There are some effects that make you attackable by other players. Stuff like "Can't receive any healing, breaks after X damage" or mind controll. Maybe something like that killed you? Or just AoE effects that deal damage to other people around you, but not yourself. Maybe stuff like that killed you?

Thanks for the replies.

Guess I'll just have to deal with it, then. I don't mind if I'm on a lvl 100 but it always seems to happen my my low level alts, and they're now broke from the repair bills. Guess my main will be mailing out some petty cash for the next couple of weeks.

Sölf

Thanks for the replies.

Guess I'll just have to deal with it, then. I don't mind if I'm on a lvl 100 but it always seems to happen my my low level alts, and they're now broke from the repair bills. Guess my main will be mailing out some petty cash for the next couple of weeks.

The blue items you get from the chests sell for over 20g a piece. At least you get some sort of income. xD

Tarazet

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, that's the downside of how they designed the scenario. Nothing is lootable because they wanted to keep it fast-paced and frantic, but that also means it's a net drain on your gold reserves. For a 100 that's been playing a while it's no big deal, but if you're leveling up without heirlooms it can be too much.

rush777

Raven has always been very tedious to configure... I want to edit the size of the bar group I made for short buffs, but I can't figure out where those settings are. Can't find anything in the Appearance tab, nor the Layout tab.

You are on the right track I can't remember off the top of my head but one of those tabs will have a drop down selection for all of your bars to select like short buffs, cool downs , long buffs etc.

Once you select the bars you want to configure in the drop down menu you can configure it using the layout tab.

Concept17

What to do with all these Felbats/Nethershards? Things are only selling for under 1k on my server.

Hoard them for down the road when their value increases?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
uggghhh... totally unsure of what to play in Legion.

I mained a demo lock in WOD.. but they changed demo enough for it to be kind of fresh.. spriest is kind of bunk now.. but once you can maintain shadow void the class becomes SUPER fun.. I just hopped on my mage and I haven't played arcane since WOTLK.. doesn't seem super cool but again it takes me back to arcane in wotlk. and then I used my boost on a hunter.. though BM is pretty boring (and my mecha bunny keeps dying)

speaking of.. why does my mecha bunny keep dying?

Epix

I'm trying to setup "TellMeWhen" to track the judgement debuff duration on my target, but I can't seem to find the spell id of the judgement debuff, so it isn't tracking anything. Am I doing it wrong?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm trying to setup "TellMeWhen" to track the judgement debuff duration on my target, but I can't seem to find the spell id of the judgement debuff, so it isn't tracking anything. Am I doing it wrong?

It defaults to track player and buff

make sure you've got Debuff and Target selected

Robin64

Hunter was 92 yesterday morning, and just now hit 100, purely from invasions. Lovely!

Saved up chests, too, then opened them all at 100 so she had a full set of 700 gear and enough shards to buy ring/neck/cloak too. Plus several Fel, which means she has a 715 polearm already.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I've opened up like 100+ boxes and seen two weapons...one being the Demon Hunter weapon you can just buy anyways...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the tier set quality between tier 17 and tier 18 is the most egrigious Ive seen since tier 8 to tier 9. what the fuck happened?

Concept17

Hunter was 92 yesterday morning, and just now hit 100, purely from invasions. Lovely!

Saved up chests, too, then opened them all at 100 so she had a full set of 700 gear and enough shards to buy ring/neck/cloak too. Plus several Fel, which means she has a 715 polearm already.

Yeah the xp is crazy. Went from 10 to 48 in no time. Way faster than even dungeons.

Sarek

I've opened up like 100+ boxes and seen two weapons...one being the Demon Hunter weapon you can just buy anyways...

The loot you get might be tailored for your spec. When I opened all the boxes I had saved up the only weapon I got was the agi axe x 6-7.

The worst is when you get the exact same item from the same chest. Like two belts, two chest pieces, two shoulders. I have that had a number of times now, invasion gear vendors for okay gold but it would be nice if that couldn't happen.

Zelias

Banned
Decided that since Legion Invasions are raining XP from the sky (along with fel fire) I might as well use the opportunity to level up Horde versions of the 4 classes I have at 100 on Alliance side. Three of them are already mid-40s (took me longer to get my Goblin Shaman through the Lost isles so she could participate).

Sarek

Unholy is weird, I don't know if I like it.
Maybe the artifact will make it more interesting.

Wasn't exactly super hot on Frost either.
Speaking, did they ever change Frosts artifact ability? It was like a boring version of Icicles or that Shaman thing that shoots rocks at people.

Been maining DK since they came out and Legion is the first time I'm not really keen on the expansion class changes. Think they removed simply too many ablities from the specs and I'm not sure I like the uni rune thing either. Rune juggling was one of the main things that seperated DKs from other classes. Don't like the term and it is used way too often, but DKs in Legion simply feel pretty dumbed down. Maybe the artifacts will change that.

Magnus

I think I'm going to continue with my main since the end of Vanilla, priest. The addition of triple spec is exciting, so I can really delve into Disc as well as Holy/Shadow like usual.

I'm concerned that I kind of suck at Shadow so far; but I'll practice. I can't seem to keep Insanity up for very long, at least during the chaos of new encounters that I haven't tried before.

Concept17

The hardest part for me is the travel pre flying mounts. Getting across continents is somewhat tedious.
Yeah Dun Morogh being the worst(for Horde). But it only takes 10-15 minutes to get there on a slow mount. Between invasions I was just running around get flight paths and running a couple dungeons.

Speaking of which I haven't had to do any of Maraudon. Good riddance.

Kain

"it took us more than a month to master the entrance boss"

Imagine that these days.

Back in Cata it took almost a month to defeat Deathwing HC and it destroyed our guild lol

I don't know how raiding is nowadays, but back in the day that shit was hardcore. We spent months religiously cleaning ALL the mobs in Serpentshrine and MAYBE kill Lurker and Leotheras. Then on the odd day we went to farm Void reaver while sometimes wiping in the pulls. Kael'thas? Ha, let's first try Solarian and see what happens...

I may remember it with nostalgia but nope, don't want to go back to that.

iammeiam

The loot you get might be tailored for your spec. When I opened all the boxes I had saved up the only weapon I got was the agi axe x 6-7.

I'm pretty sure it is. I got the bow four times, switched loot spec to Survival and the next weapon I got was the spear.

Also after playing a bunch of invasions I can see why people were upset by the camera distance changes that they recently reversed. The default camera distance in-game is inadequate for properly viewing more than half of what you're fighting in these invasions. You're just staring at feet, or, if you're lucky, something from the waist down.

Aeana

I went ahead and tried discipline. I think it seems really interesting, and I can see the skill cap on this spec being pretty high. There's a lot to manage and think about. That part interests me greatly, but at the end of the day, I play healers because I don't really like DPSing to begin with, so I'm not sure I could stick with it.

Jag

Decided that since Legion Invasions are raining XP from the sky (along with fel fire) I might as well use the opportunity to level up Horde versions of the 4 classes I have at 100 on Alliance side. Three of them are already mid-40s (took me longer to get my Goblin Shaman through the Lost isles so she could participate).

Finally got my last class to 100. Was thinking about getting a DK to 70 with invasions to create another DH on my joined server but I hate that DK starting area again.

Rixxan

Am I the only one who doesn't really mess around with alts? Feel like back in vanilla being an altoholic wasn't nearly as common as it seems to be these days, which on one hand makes sense given how long the games been out but still - always been the type given my limited available playtime to prefer to max the potential of one character

Aeana

Am I the only one who doesn't really mess around with alts? Feel like back in vanilla being an altoholic wasn't nearly as common as it seems to be these days, which on one hand makes sense given how long the games been out but still - always been the type given my limited available playtime to prefer to max the potential of one character
The reason why people are more into alts now is that your progress these days is gated so much by daily or weekly limits.

Top Bottom