• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Lomax

With full heirlooms and the 20% xp potion from your garrison you get about 103k from the first stages and 155k from the final. Easily over half a level per invasion.

Yeah all I had was the 5% ring and the dmf buff until I died. Still way faster than any other way. Plus I was shard farming anyway and I'm stockpiling the chests so it's an instant set of 700 gear when I hit 100. Pretty great overall.

Jag

Someone's first time in a mythic dungeon at all, they get two boa trinkets.
Where the fuck is my one after doing all of them for two weeks? :|

You haven't gotten even one yet? That's bad. The first one seems to drop quick.

Stupid question but have you check your loom page under all classes?

Sarek

More and more people seem to be realizing that you can just AFK the invasions and still get the loot. Wonder if Blizzard is going to be do something about that.

Edit: Also the invasion cooldown seems to be faction specific. So if you got both ally and horde characters you can do the invasions twice every 4 hours.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Frost Mage is shit? That's bitterly disappointing. Always been my favourite mage spec. Sigh.

i do kind of feel like after 10 years of being the best spec it's nice that the others are stronger

but ice mage feels like it has so little right now

[edit] having said that, it could just be because it was chronically op and going back down to earth feels like a downgrade

M.D

I have a question for Brewmaster Monks regarding Ironskin Brew - since multiple uses of ISB extend its duration and all the damage goes into a single instance of Stagger, in theory, with the right gear and amount of haste, could you keep a 100% (or close) up time on ISB with how much you'll be able to use Keg Smash and Tiger Palm to reduce the duration of the charge?

Would really appreciate an answer to this question ;d

Rixxan

I have a couple heroic/mythic raiding questions, just in the general sense of "how do they work?"

i used to raid on a top guild wayyy back in vanilla, and haven't done much raiding since (i did raid ulduar a couple times in wotlk)

i recently reinstalled wod and i see you can pug raids now, and it kind of sets it up in chunks (3 bosses at a time or something)

is that how heroic/mythic works as well? is there no way to "pug" harder raids like with that raid finder?

i joined a pvp guild and kind of feel like i want to raid a bit in legion, but know i wont have the time to commit to a super hardcore raiding guild like i did when i was younger

phierce

I have a couple heroic/mythic raiding questions, just in the general sense of "how do they work?"

i used to raid on a top guild wayyy back in vanilla, and haven't done much raiding since (i did raid ulduar a couple times in wotlk)

i recently reinstalled wod and i see you can pug raids now, and it kind of sets it up in chunks (3 bosses at a time or something)

is that how heroic/mythic works as well? is there no way to "pug" harder raids like with that raid finder?

i joined a pvp guild and kind of feel like i want to raid a bit in legion, but know i wont have the time to commit to a super hardcore raiding guild like i did when i was younger
No. That's only how LFR is handled. Normal and up is the entire zone and you have to progress through it from start to finish (until a skip quest is completed, assuming there is one). You can pug normal and heroic. I would strongly suggest checking out OpenRaid. It will be a much more enjoyable and productive use of your time than some random pug you'd find through the group finder.

Lanrutcon

More and more people seem to be realizing that you can just AFK the invasions and still get the loot. Wonder if Blizzard is going to be do something about that.

Edit: Also the invasion cooldown seems to be faction specific. So if you got both ally and horde characters you can do the invasions twice every 4 hours.

Cooldowns are character specific. I have 7 Horde and 1 Ally character, so I'm pretty much doing round the clock invasions atm.

Rizzi

You haven't gotten even one yet? That's bad. The first one seems to drop quick.

Stupid question but have you check your loom page under all classes?

Yep. I constantly see people getting multiple in a run, and yet.. nothing.

Jusoni

I'm having a lot of troubles with my feral druid with keeping both Rip or Savage Roar up all the time. It seems I cannot gain combo points fast enough for both, and there is always one of them that run out. It's annoying, almost make me want to change talent and get rid of Savage Roar to make things more simple.

Am i doing something wrong?

What's your ilvl? It gets easier with higher crit. Also never use ferocious bite unless you have SR, rip and rake up with 10+ seconds, lousy dmg and not worth it really. Get weak auras and pawkets feral display for it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UQw8KM_7os , makes life as feral so much easier.

what is your guys' favorite looking staff?

I don't have any great ones for transmog, so might as well go get one that I can get from soloing something

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the felbat dream is dead, down to 3250g in my server ;_;

time to start flipping for 3k at least

Rixxan

No. That's only how LFR is handled. Normal and up is the entire zone and you have to progress through it from start to finish (until a skip quest is completed, assuming there is one). You can pug normal and heroic. I would strongly suggest checking out OpenRaid. It will be a much more enjoyable and productive use of your time than some random pug you'd find through the group finder.

Thanks, appreciate it

I googled this OpenRaid thing, pretty easy to find a raid using it I take it?

Sarek

Cooldowns are character specific. I have 7 Horde and 1 Ally character, so I'm pretty much doing round the clock invasions atm.

Thanks, don't know how I managed miss that! Got five more classes left to level up before Legion. Thankfully only my rogue needs more than 5-10 levels.

ampere

you cant farm boa trinks once you've done all 8 mythic dungeons right?

They drop based on the loot lockout, so yea you can only try each boss once per week, per character. You could try on a different character though

I have a question for Brewmaster Monks regarding Ironskin Brew - since multiple uses of ISB extend its duration and all the damage goes into a single instance of Stagger, in theory, with the right gear and amount of haste, could you keep a 100% (or close) up time on ISB with how much you'll be able to use Keg Smash and Tiger Palm to reduce the duration of the charge?

Yeah, but that isn't exactly helpful without lots of purifying. Remember, ISB only delays damage, it doesn't reduce it at all.

50% ISB uptime with a PB usage every time >>> 100% ISB uptime and no PB = a Rogue tanking after the stagger dot gets big enough

If that makes sense

RPGCrazied

Finally got all the ilvl 700 gear on the 2 100's I have, got the pet, got all the items for nethershards. And got all the armor transmog.

Think I'm done with the invasion event. It was cool, but seeing 500 people on one boss just face melted my computer. Its like AQ opening all over again.

I always liked Ethereum Life-Staff. I also did a "Priest" set on my Mage a while back that involved Staff of Immaculate Recovery. While looking through Vanilla raids I saw Staff of the Shadow Flame that seems alright for a Warlock set. If you want a more modern looking one, I think Malevolence, Lightning Rod, and Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time all look pretty good. I tend to have weird taste though. A lot of the "Druid Staffs" from when that was a thing also look pretty kick ass.

M.D

They drop based on the loot lockout, so yea you can only try each boss once per week, per character. You could try on a different character though

Yeah, but that isn't exactly helpful without lots of purifying. Remember, ISB only delays damage, it doesn't reduce it at all.

50% ISB uptime with a PB usage every time >>> 100% ISB uptime and no PB = a Rogue tanking after the stagger dot gets big enough

If that makes sense

Got it.

You wrote this a couple of this ago in response to a question I had about BM's

Ironskin Brew and Purifying Brew. Ironskin Brew increases your staggered damage (meaning you taken even less damage initially), but it does not reduce your damage taken at all without purifying brew. You generally want to use Ironskin Brew and then purify around the time it expires to get a good amount of mitigation, but if you happened to not take much damage during that period you can save the charge and use Ironskin Brew again.

By that did you mean I should use PB when ISB is about to expire? Because the amount of staggered damage I took during ISB is 40% higher than normal, so if I would not use PB to clear it I am actually just making myself take higher DoT?

carlsojo

I'm having a lot of troubles with my feral druid with keeping both Rip or Savage Roar up all the time. It seems I cannot gain combo points fast enough for both, and there is always one of them that run out. It's annoying, almost make me want to change talent and get rid of Savage Roar to make things more simple.

Am i doing something wrong?

Doesn't ferocious bite refresh Rip?

sora87

I don't have any great ones for transmog, so might as well go get one that I can get from soloing something

I'm using this on my shadow priest http://www.wowhead.com/item=28658/terestians-stranglestaff

Not sure what else to add to to my set yet, I've used this http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1033/avatar-raiment-recolor for a while now.

Hood of Hidden Flesh looks really funny, might try to build a set around that, goes well with the tentacle staff too

phierce

Thanks, appreciate it

I googled this OpenRaid thing, pretty easy to find a raid using it I take it?
Yeah, very easy when content is fresh. Not as many options this late into the content, but there are still a few HFC Normal and Heroic runs going on weekly. Come Legion, it'll be packed with many raids to choose from.

ampere

Got it.

You wrote this a couple of this ago in response to a question I had about BM's

By that did you mean I should use PB when ISB is about to expire? Because the amount of staggered damage I took during ISB is 40% higher than normal, so if I would not use PB to clear it I am actually just making myself take higher DoT?

Yup. Brewmaster AM is two separate buttons, so if you use ISB and don't take much damage during that time it was kind of a waste, but at least you don't have to waste PB too. It's OK to let your health stay below 100% and not pop ISB, and if you're always missing at least a little bit of health then healer HoTs won't be overhealing. And if you never purify, your only damage reduction is your avoidance.

This is what I mean about it not being intuitive. The spec is still fun, but they failed big time on making it easy to learn for players

Doesn't ferocious bite refresh Rip?

Only in execute (sub 25%) range.

Measley

Anyone know of any good mail armor hoods for transmog?

I want the Farseer/Thrall look for my shaman and I have some in mind, but I could use some other suggestions.

Negator

After the Exsanguinate nerf Assassination feels REALLY slow now.

Makes the decision for the first artifact weapon to get on my rogue much much more difficult.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not really liking the Illidan background picture on the B.net launcher for WoW. Kind of wish I could change it...

Lomax

I really wish we could get one of those pandaren hot-air balloon as a mount ;(

When they first introduced things like the motorcycle in wrath, they were handled as vehicles instead of mounts, and I think that system would have had a lot more options for variety. A balloon that you ride in, that could carry other people, and might not move at full mount speed would be amazing and I think that system could have handled it. Unfortunately they seem to have gone back more to the "mounts are just skins" method of development which results in visual creativity but no real variance in behavior, which is unfortunate. I'd kill for a worgen style stagecoach mount/vehicle as well.

M.D

Yup. Brewmaster AM is two separate buttons, so if you use ISB and don't take much damage during that time it was kind of a waste, but at least you don't have to waste PB too. It's OK to let your health stay below 100% and not pop ISB, and if you're always missing at least a little bit of health then healer HoTs won't be overhealing. And if you never purify, your only damage reduction is your avoidance.

This is what I mean about it not being intuitive. The spec is still fun, but they failed big time on making it easy to learn for players

I think it's not too bad, just takes a bit more understanding of how it all works together, which I kind of appreciate.
I initially thought BM didn't have a lot of depth but Blackout Combo adds so much to this class, it honestly feels like it needs to be a high level skill and not a talent.

I was toying with the idea of going DK instead of Monk but the fact they are so immobile is killing me every time I play them. It is kind of fun being on your toes all the time and healing huge amounts of damage but the fact they have no real mobility skills seems like it could be mighty annoying in certain boss fights with a lot of movement or even simply picking up adds and it looks like he could have a lot of downtime between his skills which I don't like at all.

Gala

Hi! I stopped playing after clearing the first two raids in WoD and I'm on the edge of renewing my subscription for the first time in forever. Last thing I remember was that there was one area not finished yet in WoD.

Are there any must have things I should do to be ready for the new expansion or any worth seeing things for someone who comes back to the game?

lazygecko

As far as staves go I like the good old short wooden cane from vanilla. I think the only transmoggable (ie non-white) version you can obtain for both factions is from this quest in Winterspring.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28842/umbranses-deliverance

243370-umbranses-stafdqj0j.jpg

Shahadan

My game freezes quickly like three times everytime I log a character in. IT's annoying and I don't know what causes it.

At first I thought it was an add on but it happens on beta as well :|

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
meh cant solo 10m immersus, he just keeps coming back at 60%ish because I cant kill enough adds throughout the room, its too big

Godan

I am on Silvermoon EU Alliance if anyone is on that and has a guild i could maybe join that would be great.

I am a Prot Pally and not really did much raiding before but maybe looking at getting into it for Legion as the raids look awesome so far from what i have seen.

M.D

I am on Silvermoon EU Alliance if anyone is on that and has a guild i could maybe join that would be great.

I am a Prot Pally and not really did much raiding before but maybe looking at getting into it for Legion as the raids look awesome so far from what i have seen.

I'm on The Maelstrom and considered moving there, but no one answered and I asked 3 times :(

carlsojo

No, Ferocious Bite refreshes Rip regardless of enemy health (just checked the tooltip.)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

i hope not. elligibility to take part in the event shouldn't depend on whether your server is 50/50 horde/alliance and at the moment with the amount of retards pvping, it does.

Top Bottom