• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Lomax

My game freezes quickly like three times everytime I log a character in. IT's annoying and I don't know what causes it.

At first I thought it was an add on but it happens on beta as well :|

I've noticed that too, but performance on the whole is better, so I suspect they increased some of the pre-caching and that's causing the initial freezing.

What level can you start getting XP for them? I can tell you it isn't level 5 haha

Level 10 is what I've heard.

biaxident

You need to recheck it then. :p

sz42m5S.png

I believe its a talent to always refresh rip.

Tampler

My game freezes quickly like three times everytime I log a character in. IT's annoying and I don't know what causes it.

Oh man, that started happening to me too this week, happens when I enter the game for the first time (Does not happen after logging in with different characters).

Invasion related maybe?

I love that they've increased the experience gain from invasions, between invasions and pathfinder/treasures/etc, I should have my warrior to cap in short order.

My guess is the transmog wardrobe loading in all of those models on every initial log-in. I get the same hitches and I'm fairly certain it's because of my older hard-drive and the transmog wardrobe. The increased draw distance may be affecting your performance as well, depending on your settings/rig. Game just has to load more now.

I definitely want to get an SSD for my next tower.

Robin64

Yeah, the "freezing three times after logging in" thing had a fairly big thread on Reddit. Happens to me too, seems to be very common.

Tampler

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748314838?page=4#post-74

17 hours ago

Hi all,

I wanted to jump in here regarding this issue, this is actually something that is being worked on already. The main cause is the game loading in hotfix data, the stutter will go away after ~10-15 seconds or so in most cases and depending on the connection/hardware. So as a workaround, you can try logging into the character let it sit for 10 seconds or so before moving around, should help.

Guess that explains that.

ampere

I get this same shit. I thought it was something with my video card lol

No, Ferocious Bite refreshes Rip regardless of enemy health (just checked the tooltip.)

Do you have a set bonus that's doing this?

I havent noticed it first but Ji is on the war concil with the other racial leaders of the horde but in the cinematics he is gone and there is no pandaren on the burial cutscene

Wow, speed leveling through Draenor is surprisingly easy with pathfinder, all of the bonus objectives and treasures make it fairly easy to hit 100 in short order. It's better than spamming the dungeon queue, that's for certain.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
so another dh perspective question..do they get any quest or anything that takes them to the new dalaran? or to the broken shores? or is their quest line basically done once youre out and the rest is just go yourself?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so another dh perspective question..do they get any quest or anything that takes them to the new dalaran? or to the broken shores? or is their quest line basically done once youre out and the rest is just go yourself?

the dalaran quest isnt in the game yet its next week, for everyone

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Will we get new stuff each week until Legion comes out?

seems so. my sub is up in 5 days, Ill still catch the next reset but I might let it lapse for a couple of weeks until legion is out, and resub then so I dont "waste" 2 weeks of game time. Im winding down hard on fel bat farming and I got all the gear on my 3-4 characters I care about, and transmog runs are boiling down to 1 or 2 bosses for specific pieces I want

Dot50Cal

Banned
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

On my first DH kill lol

Im thinking something is up here. I got the same on my first run. There are several others reporting this as well. I think its too much to be a coincidence. Granted there are a ton of people playing them right now.

Im thinking something is up here. I got the same on my first run. There are several others reporting this as well. I think its too much to be a coincidence. Granted there are a ton of people playing them right now.

I'm at least one person that didn't get it on my first run... :(

Ashodin

seems so. my sub is up in 5 days, Ill still catch the next reset but I might let it lapse for a couple of weeks until legion is out, and resub then so I dont "waste" 2 weeks of game time. Im winding down hard on fel bat farming and I got all the gear on my 3-4 characters I care about, and transmog runs are boiling down to 1 or 2 bosses for specific pieces I want

unsurprising, you seem like you play 12 hour stretches at a time lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What's an easy offhand to acquire to go with the invasion one hand caster weapon? All I had to this point is a staff...

Fjordson

Yass, finally got the 1H caster sword from an invasion. Functionally useless for me without an off-hand, but it's pretty hot for transmog.

Rhaknar

unsurprising, you seem like you play 12 hour stretches at a time lol

its not even that right now, its lack of funds lol. I have the 13euros left over in my bnet account (I didnt know the 2 month cards just gave you credit these days), and I would rather "save" those 2 weeks for the LEgion launch giving me a full month, because I might or might not have the funds 2 weeks into legion (if I resub next week), and by then I will want to resub for sure (2 months down the line who knows, but 2 weeks? no chance im dropping it so soon), im having a lot of expenses with my dogs lately for example, plus other unexpected money sinks and, well, yeah. Real life and shit :)

dont get me wrong, I usually go in hard on games I enjoy, and end up burning out, but theres no solution to that. Like people say "oh you should play less so you dont burn out" but im like "no...I want to play it now, im enjoying it now" lol

Yass, finally got the 1H caster sword from an invasion. Functionally useless for me without an off-hand, but it's pretty hot for transmog.

didnt even know there was one, thought it was just the wand

TheYanger

W-what? So far I have only the wand but no the staff

Staff and agi sword both acn't drop. Wish I knew that prior to wasting forever trying.

Wand
Caster Mace
Caster Sword
Agi Axe
Agi Polearm
Agi Glaive
Str 1h Axe
Str 2h Mace
Bow

Pretty sure that's all you can actually get.

Pendas

Banned
Wow, speed leveling through Draenor is surprisingly easy with pathfinder, all of the bonus objectives and treasures make it fairly easy to hit 100 in short order. It's better than spamming the dungeon queue, that's for certain.

With Full Heirlooms + Bonus Objectives + Garrison Exp Potion I get around 2 levels per hour.

You can cut this down even more if you spend money on Elixirs of Rapid Mind. You complete a 90% of all Bonus Objectives in the zone, pop it, and then turn them all in for a ton of exp.

ampere

I'm really shocked at how improved the mistweaver monk is. Wow.

I like it, though I'm a Brewmaster main and usually only heal PvP. My guildy who was main spec MW hates it, because he liked the Eminence (damage -> heal) part. At least you can still do melee dps if you want and mouse-over heal people in between

There's a pvp talent that lets you use Soothing Mist as a separate ability and make some of your heals instant like it used to be

Any point to new Dalaran floating over Kara right now? I went there and you cant go into the sewers or buy anything.

There's a quest up there IIRC, but it's not live until next week or two

Top Bottom