• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So you guys are all settled on what class/spec to main in Legion then?

scoobs

Maining frost DK, love the flavor they added to it. I'm a giant unstoppable AOE frosty killing machine.

Alt will be DPS DH of course.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Nice.

VuWsKkE.png

biaxident

I'm still torn on the main, down to dk/druid/priest. Probably Dk > priest >> druid at the moment. Only worry for DK is too much melee.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Probably my fire mage to push serious raiding with. I'm sick of the melee rat race for spots and it'll be even worse in Legion. PVP talents have me hopeful it won't be a repeat of Warlords of Melee(that only frost of any ranged spec survives) in BGs as well. Fire's always been my favorite spec and it not being so gear reliant has me very hopeful. Really, I can deal with anything but Arcane.

And I like leaving smoldering corpses. I'll level everything eventually though. I want to see all the campaign quests. But I won't have any sort of serious 'alt' because I don't want to play the game that way again.

Concept17

Hit 10 on my shaman, did an invasion and killed a few mobs, hit 15. 3 more invasions, and a handful of dungeons she's now 35. Aside from travel it was effortless.

My 75 DK gets 1 level per 2 invasions.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How does roll the bones work in a rotation? Do you just use that and keep stacking random buffs?

I finally got it on my Rogue and the few buffs I saw seemed strong

Same as I've played every expansion since Cataclysm - Balance Druid. It's never been a bad choice.. even if it's not on the top of the pile as far as damage output, there is always a place for a moonkin in every raid group.

Balance is in a super good place right now no?

Tarazet

Same as I've played every expansion since Cataclysm - Balance Druid. It's never been a bad choice.. even when it's not on the top of the pile as far as damage output, there is always a place for a moonkin in every raid group.

Edit: I meant "if it's not on top" in the bigger picture of the game's lifetime. There have always been reasons to bring druids along even if they weren't FOTM. They could do middle of the road damage and still be totally cool to bring along.

Ken

How does roll the bones work in a rotation? Do you just use that and keep stacking random buffs?

I finally got it on my Rogue and the few buffs I saw seemed strong

Balance is in a super good place right now no?

it doesnt stack buffs. every time you roll you get a new set of buffs.

i think you want to look for at least 2 buffs or true bearing/shark. re-roll if single grand duel maybe?

Doukou

The xp you get off mobs in invasions are weird. I've gotten 15k from certain mobs in Barrens yet the equivalent of those mobs in Dun morugh I've gotten 1k max.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
its prepatch, who cares? If its garbage at 110, blizz will buff it. Don't know why people are so worried.
Because I've seen Blizzard balance things before and know better than to expect things to be magically fixed.

Rhaknar

Frost DK seemed super squishy when I tried it for a bit while leveling

Rhaknar

Delved a bit more into some artifacts, Surv Art has a passive that turns harpoon into a dot, thats pretty neat. Some nice passives actually, I mostly ignored when I was looking for new active skills before but aome of these passives are not unlike new skills themselves, effects wise, they're just, well, passive.

TheYanger

its prepatch, who cares? If its garbage at 110, blizz will buff it. Don't know why people are so worried.

Because it's not good at 110 and Blizz has been ignoring that feedback for a couple months. I wouldn't PLAN on playing frost, as much as I'd love to. The reality is the DK theory community and the folks with the devs ears on these issues have always been in an Unholy circle-jerk. It's pretty gross and annoying, and a large reason why I stopped wanting to be involved with that community. Frost was very strong for a while in beta and it got absolutely gutted.

scoobs

Because it's not good at 110 and Blizz has been ignoring that feedback for a couple months. I wouldn't PLAN on playing frost, as much as I'd love to. The reality is the DK theory community and the folks with the devs ears on these issues have always been in an Unholy circle-jerk. It's pretty gross and annoying, and a large reason why I stopped wanting to be involved with that community. Frost was very strong for a while in beta and it got absolutely gutted.

Its real fucking fun in pvp still, i just smash kids. I do feel for you raiders though. Blizz always buffs the shit specs so i'd just try to have some faith in them if you really love the spec. Don't force yourself down a different path because a spec isn't good pre-patch. More tuning will come, as it always does

Squarehard

I've been digging out my closet recently, and have found quite a few things I thought I had long since lost, or sold off.

But I was pretty surprised to see this pop up during my rummaging,
I2roDQFl.jpg

Pet code should still be good right? :D

TheYanger

I've been digging out my closet recently, and have found quite a few things I thought I had long since lost, or sold off.

I2roDQFl.jpg

Yep, it's valuable.

I had a spare BC but had it stolen. Sometimes I imagine I'll find it, never do.

Rizzi

I2roDQFl.jpg

Nah, code is no good. You should give it to me, so I can dispose of it. :p

Stalk

I levelled a warrior and druid in the last year just when bored, I think I will probably go with balance druid or resto. Enjoyed both whilst levelling but I have barely done anything else.

Flip a coin on the day.

Kain

I... I tried MM yesterday with the raiding talents and I kind of... emmm... liked it. I feel dirty.

Dirty and confused, I have no fucking clue which spec I'm going to run in Legion. Fuck

Khezu

Unholy is weird, I don't know if I like it.
Maybe the artifact will make it more interesting.

Wasn't exactly super hot on Frost either.
Speaking, did they ever change Frosts artifact ability? It was like a boring version of Icicles or that Shaman thing that shoots rocks at people.

I am, perhaps stupidly, sticking with my Warrior. Even though I'm not currently in a guild and don't seriously raid the way some other people here in this thread do, there's still going to be problems doing some group content as Fury/Prot Warrior. "Oh, sorry we have 4 DH, we've got DPS and tank covered". If it ends up being really problematic I may just roll and WW/MW Monk or Ele/Resto Shaman.

scoobs

Unholy is weird, I don't know if I like it.
Maybe the artifact will make it more interesting.

Wasn't exactly super hot on Frost either.
Speaking, did they ever change Frosts artifact ability? It was like a boring version of Icicles or that Shaman thing that shoots rocks at people.

Pretty sure its still Syndragosa flying at people slowing everyone and doing damage in a straight line.

I'll be sticking with my enhance shaman but I really should get around to using these 90 and 100 boosts to at least get me some alts to give me more chances toward mounts.

Which tank is the most survivable in solo-ing older content now? Any one better than the others for 10m MoP content (however far they can be done solo).

Tomorrow is the start of my weekend so I figure I might as well try a Demon Hunter of my own but I might use both boosts to get more higher level alts.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
What's the middle thing called?

XcAaEKE.png

I had it on the first day that I re-subbed and then it vanished.

scoobs

I'll be sticking with my enhance shaman but I really should get around to using these 90 and 100 boosts to at least get me some alts to give me more chances toward mounts.

Which tank is the most survivable in solo-ing older content now? Any one better than the others for 10m MoP content (however far they can be done solo).

Tomorrow is the start of my weekend so I figure I might as well try a Demon Hunter of my own but I might use both boosts to get more higher level alts.

Blood DK is typically your best bet at soloing, but idk if that is still the case with the rework.

ampere

I'm essentially a career priest. I've made 12 different priests since WoW launch. It's by far my favorite class. But... I really like what they've done with mistweaver monk. Now I can't decide which to main into Legion. (._. )

Monks are great if you ever have a desire to tank or just love high mobility. Otherwise new Holy is pretty great, and Disc, while polarizing is pretty interesting.

Its real fucking fun in pvp still, i just smash kids. I do feel for you raiders though. Blizz always buffs the shit specs so i'd just try to have some faith in them if you really love the spec. Don't force yourself down a different path because a spec isn't good pre-patch. More tuning will come, as it always does

Since they are legit balancing pvp totally separately from pve this expansion, you'll be 100% in the hands of the pvp team

Except for world pvp, but lol. Roll a tank if you want to win world pvp

Son1x

Leveling in dungeons is so cancerous, especially as a healer. The tanks are terrible, people keep on forcing events before people complete quests etc.
I can't wait to get out of this shithole of leveling duneons

Zelias

Banned
Leveling in dungeons is so cancerous, especially as a healer. The tanks are terrible, people keep on forcing events before people complete quests etc.
I can't wait to get out of this shithole of leveling duneons
Dungeon levelling as a healer is probably the single worst experience I've had in this game. So many fucking terrible tanks that die and fling insults. It feels like the community at its most toxic.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Has anyone else had this issue with the latest release of Windows 10, and know how to fix it?:

I have multiple monitors.
I have WoW running Windowed (Fullscreen)]
When I mouse over to another monitor and click into, say, Firefox, the taskbar doesn't show up anymore. I have to hit the Windows key on my keyboard.

Son1x

Has anyone else had this issue with the latest release of Windows 10, and know how to fix it?:

When I mouse over to another monitor and click into, say, Firefox, the taskbar doesn't show up anymore. I have to hit the Windows key on my keyboard.

Happens to me too. Is this not how its supposed to be?

Rizzi

Man, there are so many bad Demon Hunters doing mythics now.
Not saying Mythics are the hardest things ever, but just like, people who don't seem to understand mechanics. How hard is it to not stand in fire?!

N0N1337H41

Neo Member

I fell in love with the WW Monk early in MoP, and she has been my main since then. The adjustments (nerfs?) that came along over the years had me struggling to justify my inclusion in guild raids and dungeon runs. Then the Legion patch went live and completely fucked my world up. After spending more WoW hours per day than I have in years, I finally ended up with a set of rotations/prioritizations that I felt good with. Having embarrassed myself while running some, formerly, simple dungeons with friends right after the patch dropped, I did a test run with them and ended up being #1 in Recount! After more practice and fine tuning, I'm the top DPS (sometimes by a significant margin) almost every time I'm in a party. The rotations/prioritizations require a bit more thought and even more situational awareness than before, but the payoff is so amazing that it actually has made the class fun for me again.

Summary: WW Monk.

lazygecko

Raven has always been very tedious to configure... I want to edit the size of the bar group I made for short buffs, but I can't figure out where those settings are. Can't find anything in the Appearance tab, nor the Layout tab.

N0N1337H41

Neo Member

Do you have the game window on one monitor, or both? I've never used multiple monitors for any game other than EVE, so I'm ignorant when it comes to this. But I finally got my CoD addicted brother to play WoW after a decade of failed persuasion, and he's having a blast except that he hates alt-tabbing in games so much that he has two monitors in order to avoid it. Having boosted his first character from 11 to 100, during a major pre-expansion, he's completely lost when I'm not on, which leads him to having to hit up wowhead regularly. He can't figure out how to accomplish having the game window just fill one screen so he can have his browser on the other.

Any help or guidance on how to accomplish this would put me in your debt. I'm afraid that he's going to quit if he can't get this resolved in some way.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Can someone tell me how I can see health & resources numbers/percentage on the bars of my character & target? For some reason, I can only see them when I point them with my mouse, which is useless.

In the Display menu, I selected "both" for Status text, but apparently that's not enough.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Can someone tell me how I can see health & resources numbers/percentage on the bars of my character & target? For some reason, I can only see them when I point them with my mouse, which is useless.

In the Display menu, I selected "both" for Status text, but apparently that's not enough.
Check it to something else and then set it back to both.

Top Bottom