• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

biaxident

You have to do a few Klaxxi quests and then you can fly down to the Anglers village on the south coast and start the questline there. Not enormously long but it does boost your rep a bit.

Cool I found it, if you're revered with double rep its an easy 5k rep, very nice. Appreciate the tip. I should be exalted in about 5 days now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Dire Beast is a bit less noisy.

nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

I loved the whistle, fuck all you that cried about it :(

Only having a level 2 garrison sucks when your hearth is on CD and you mistakenly hearth away when there's another Eastern kingdom invasion to do. I think between the Warspear portal (my hearth is set to shrine) and the free lvl 25 pet boost, it might be worthwhile to upgrade if Felbat's hold or gain value.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
what's the point in having enchanting scale to level 700 if you can do all of the enchantments at level 600

Strimei

Havoc Demon Hunter "hidden" skin for the Artifct Warglaive guide

man, shit like this is really cool, hopefully the other hidden stuff is involved like this (and not just a pattern to buy like for BM hunters >_>)

They all vary, some are simple like BM Hunters, though the devs have said that that was partly to provide them a non-gun model easily (though that's weird since, y'know, transmog exists).

As I recall, they've said that the Arcane Mage and Ret Paladin ones will be the hardest. Last I checked, no one has figured out the Arcane Mage one yet.

erawsd

So balance druid just doesn't have mana now? It feels weird to be casting without it.

It still has mana, its just used for heals, decurse, ect. They've done a similar thing with all the hybrids; they have a "dps" resource and mana as a "utility" resource.

styl3s

Wonder if they will nerf the XP in these invasions once they start popping up fast? I hope not, it's leveling my Rogue quite fast would love to get both my Rogue and Lock to 100 before Legion which i guess i could just level them normally since Rogue is 80 and Lock is 87 but damn is that XP nice.

keffri

Man, I'm thinking I might go Rogue instead of Warrior this expansion. Having a blast playing the Outlaw spec, and I've always enjoyed the fantasy of Rogues especially now that pirates are involved.

Is there any quick way to power leveling fishing? I feel around 400ish you're just stuck doing fishing dailies as the fastest way to get up to max. With that being said I've never really paid attention to fishing before so I'm not sure.

Tacitus_

Is there any quick way to power leveling fishing? I feel around 400ish you're just stuck doing fishing dailies as the fastest way to get up to max. With that being said I've never really paid attention to fishing before so I'm not sure.

If you're good friends with Nat Pagle, you can buy +50 skill books for 800g.

mileS

I tried out the Demon Hunter for the first time last night. I wasn't feeling the hype until I actually played it. The double jump, glide, and dash are insanely fun. If I have to limit myself to one alt my mind is already made up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I tried out the Demon Hunter for the first time last night. I wasn't feeling the hype until I actually played it. The double jump, glide, and dash are insanely fun. If I have to limit myself to one alt my mind is already made up.

The tank spec is also great. We know classes get a million changes over the years but for a first pass (on live servers that is) they came out great imo.

Strimei

Wonder if they will nerf the XP in these invasions once they start popping up fast? I hope not, it's leveling my Rogue quite fast would love to get both my Rogue and Lock to 100 before Legion which i guess i could just level them normally since Rogue is 80 and Lock is 87 but damn is that XP nice.

Eh, I doubt they will. I mean they haven't even hotfixed the ability to just afk through the invasions, either.

M.D

Do guilds usually require you to submit an application if you want to join? 2 of my friends on Silvermoon were trying to get into this guild which is only 5/13 Mythic, but they had requirements like write up why you chose the talents you're using and send us a picture of your UI

I'm always thinking about moving, recently thought about moving to Silvermoon and joining them in search of a guild, but this makes me feel super comfortable on my shitty little server with the guild I've been with since I started playing

Strimei

Looks like Blizzard broke an early tauren quest with 7.0.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26397/walk-with-the-earth-mother#comments

Problem is Saurfang doesn't exist in Grommash Hold anymore... nor does anyone currently sit on the throne.

There's a number of things out there that were broken and still need fixing.

For example, I only just today found out how to tame the green fel wolves in Tanaan. Problem is, the pruning and junk for hunters has made it pretty much impossible to kill the mob now (least from what I'm reading). Fun fun.

Do guilds usually require you to submit an application if you want to join? 2 of my friends on Silvermoon were trying to get into this guild which is only 5/13 Mythic, but they had requirements like write up why you chose the talents you're using and send us a picture of your UI

I'm always thinking about moving, recently thought about moving to Silvermoon and joining them in search of a guild, but this makes me feel super comfortable on my shitty little server with the guild I've been with since I started playing

Well it depends on what sort of guild you're joining. In my experience, the more hardcore raiding guilds do typically want some sort of application, but a more laid back "do whatever" one that I'm in, we rarely require anything and basically its just a bit of a talk to make sure you're not a psycho.

(I didn't do my due diligence once and got a psycho. That was...pleasant.)

Got all the invasion pieces on my fresh boosted Mage. Idiotic that there's no staff though. Still stuck with a 640 one cause I didn't know you could get one from broken shore if you set your loot spec to arcane. I have the 1H invasion sword like 3 times over, but there's also no offhand...

Entropia

No One Remembers
Do you have the game window on one monitor, or both? I've never used multiple monitors for any game other than EVE, so I'm ignorant when it comes to this. But I finally got my CoD addicted brother to play WoW after a decade of failed persuasion, and he's having a blast except that he hates alt-tabbing in games so much that he has two monitors in order to avoid it. Having boosted his first character from 11 to 100, during a major pre-expansion, he's completely lost when I'm not on, which leads him to having to hit up wowhead regularly. He can't figure out how to accomplish having the game window just fill one screen so he can have his browser on the other.

Any help or guidance on how to accomplish this would put me in your debt. I'm afraid that he's going to quit if he can't get this resolved in some way.

I just have it on my one main monitor. If you go to Systems -> Graphics you can set which monitor the game is on

Tarazet

Not to be an ass, but why would you give a crap about the fishing artifact if you have never fished enough to cap the skill? I never did a single fishing daily before hitting 700. I just like it for the zen factor and being able to cook my own stat food.

Strimei

Not to be an ass, but why would you give a crap about the fishing artifact if you have never fished enough to cap it? I never did a single fishing daily before hitting 700. I just like it for the zen factor and being able to cook my own stat food.

I'm in a similar situation to keffri, I want the artifact chiefly for the ability to get blood of sargeras due to one of its perks, though I should be ok with disenchanting and other sources, I suppose.

Got all of the invasion gear for my fury warrior. I started switching specs to Prot to get a ilvl 700 sword and shield when I open chests. First chest gave me the 1H Axe, which is awesome, but it turns out there's no shield from either the broken shore scenario or invasion gear, which kinda sucks.

Tarazet

I'm in a similar situation to keffri, I want the artifact chiefly for the ability to get blood of sargeras due to one of its perks, though I should be ok with disenchanting and other sources, I suppose.

I mean, that's fine, but I'd think you would want to stick to parts of the game that you enjoyed anyway. I'm not going to suddenly start doing PVP because there's stuff I need from there, and if I do, it's going to be grudgingly and only because there are literally no alternatives. Like fighting for Tol Barad because I want that drake mount and I don't want to be doing daily quests until i'm old and gray. If you don't do a lot of fishing it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to invest a lot of time/gold into it because it's the "best" way to get a resource, when there are other ways that are more in line with how you play.

keffri

Not to be an ass, but why would you give a crap about the fishing artifact if you have never fished enough to cap the skill? I never did a single fishing daily before hitting 700. I just like it for the zen factor and being able to cook my own stat food.

I just suppose it's for completion. Fishing never really seemed to offer anything before, but underwater breathing, water walking, and increased swim speed sounds enticing enough.

Strimei

I mean, that's fine, but I'd think you would want to stick to parts of the game that you enjoyed anyway. I'm not going to suddenly start doing PVP because there's stuff I need from there, and if I do, it's going to be grudgingly and only because there are literally no alternatives. Like fighting for Tol Barad because I want that drake mount and I don't want to be doing daily quests until i'm old and gray. If you don't do a lot of fishing it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to invest a lot of time/gold into it because it's the "best" way to get a resource, when there are other ways that are more in line with how you play.

That's a fair point.

However, with Legion Dalaran comes with a whole host of new coins to fish up, and let me tell you, I was obsessed with fishing those damn things up back in WotLK, so I may focus on fishing anyway, even though I hate it.

Kacar

So I'm gonna be leading a fairly serious raiding group in Legion and was wondering what everyone's consensus is on the best way for loot distribution is.

I've pretty much done it all from DKP to loot council to just 1 person deciding. I'm leaning towards loot council since that seems like the standard.

The Orz

Eh, I doubt they will. I mean they haven't even hotfixed the ability to just afk through the invasions, either.

Shh, don't give them any ideas! I love being able to level alts while I work. Find an Invasion, fly to the location, minimize the window--so much better than leveling in Cataclysm zones.

On that note, playing WoW at the lowest possible settings so it'll run on my work laptop is pretty special. And by pretty special I mean horrendous and ghastly. But hey, 25 FPS in old world zones...

So Got my Hunter to 100 from invasions, open all the boxes and do the broken shore and have a 699 item level. Not planning to do anything with the character besides the artifact questlines and maybe other stuff down the road but thats pretty nifty thats for sure.

phierce

So I'm gonna be leading a fairly serious raiding group in Legion and was wondering what everyone's consensus is on the best way for loot distribution is.

I've pretty much done it all from DKP to loot council to just 1 person deciding. I'm leaning towards loot council since that seems like the standard.
Loot council.

Strimei

Shh, don't give them any ideas! I love being able to level alts while I work. Find an Invasion, fly to the location, minimize the window--so much better than leveling in Cataclysm zones.

On that note, playing WoW at the lowest possible settings so it'll run on my work laptop is pretty special. And by pretty special I mean horrendous and ghastly. But hey, 25 FPS in old world zones...

Haha, well like I said if they haven't done it by now...

Worst comes to worst, you can just zip in and tag once and be done. I do that for the extra nethershards, anyway.

If you actually participate and do so in an optimal way you get 3-5x as many Shards by actually contributing as you do for AFKing through it. If you just need some gear then AFKing through it works, but if you want to get those shards to upgrade weapons, attack the mobs during phase 3 that show up as demon heads on your map--you get 4-8 shards when they die as long as you tagged it, and on a good run you cna help bring down 5-6 or more of them.

Rhaknar

If you actually participate and do so in an optimal way you get 3-5x as many Shards by actually contributing as you do for AFKing through it. If you just need some gear then AFKing through it works, but if you want to get those shards to upgrade weapons, attack the mobs during phase 3 that show up as demon heads on your map--you get 4-8 shards when they die as long as you tagged it, and on a good run you cna help bring down 5-6 or more of them.

He's at work tho, so the alternative to his afking is...not playing :3

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Shards are pretty useless. Especially if you are leveling an alt.

Shards are pretty useless. Especially if you are leveling an alt.

I mean, you can get 725 weapons when all is said and done, and that requires 750 shards per weapon. Of course Legion launches in just over 2 weeks and artifact weapons will render that useless, but I imagine some people still like the character advancement.

Hey guys, I'm in a weird situation and I want to know if I can get around it.

Back in the BC days I had a 70 warrior and did raids, but I quit before WotLK. 10 years later I am playing it again but I had given my 70 warrior away back then when I quit.

So I started a new warrior and I just hit 60 and now leveling just feels so slow. I want to skip the whole BC grind to 70 and get to post-BC content I've never done before. I know you can boost a character to 100, but I don't want to skip all the expansions I never played.

Is there any way to do a small level boost? Or how does leveling 60-70 compare to the rest of the grind?

Or would it be silly of me to use my free level boost from Legion to go 60-100 then go back and play through the other expansions while overleveled? Wouldn't be able to queue for those dungeons but I guess I could solo them...

What do, Gaf? I just want to get to raiding again...

biaxident

Ugh, as much as I wanna main DK I just know it's too melee heavy. Have a friend maining disc, might just go with druid. I like all the specs, feral is just meh to me, but 3/4 is pretty cool. Plus he has 700 fishing, no way i'm leveling fishing on another toon lol.

Edit: And to above post, if you wanna skip bc questing, just do the invasion, I skipped them on my warlock easily. Boosting at 60 is fine too, get those max professions.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
ToT Heroic Mage tier is fantastic

Mage probably has the overall worst luck with tier sets though. But I'm also of the opinion that people forget how many shitty tier sets warriors get and only remember the good ones.

Mage has like only 5 good sets

T4, T8, T11, T15 and T17

Hey guys, I'm in a weird situation and I want to know if I can get around it.

Back in the BC days I had a 70 warrior and did raids, but I quit before WotLK. 10 years later I am playing it again but I had given my 70 warrior away back then when I quit.

So I started a new warrior and I just hit 60 and now leveling just feels so slow. I want to skip the whole BC grind to 70 and get to post-BC content I've never done before. I know you can boost a character to 100, but I don't want to skip all the expansions I never played.

Is there any way to do a small level boost? Or how does leveling 60-70 compare to the rest of the grind?

Or would it be silly of me to use my free level boost from Legion to go 60-100 then go back and play through the other expansions while overleveled? Wouldn't be able to queue for those dungeons but I guess I could solo them...

What do, Gaf? I just want to get to raiding again...

So leveling is much less of a slog overall than you remember or anticipate. BC leveling is much quicker than it used to be, but is currently the oldest content in the game, so it might not appeal. Easiest thing to do for you I would say would just spam dungeon finder to get through 60-70, or do the current hotness which is invasions, netting a fair bit of XP (half a level to a level per).

So I'm confused about the appearance wardrobe crap. I ran back a few times today, and while on my DK I got both cryotfiends bite and betrayer or humanity.

I log in my hunter and cryotfiends is unlocked, but betrayer is not.

Why not? It doesn't even show betrayer unlocked at all

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Created a mage and gave her all my heirloom stuff to get that bonus exp. At what level should I have her partake in invasions?

Top Bottom