• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i didnt get a chance to play unholy in beta but the spec is so different now. i feel like a caster. i love doing invasions where people have tried to kite me lol Little do they know that i end up kiting them.

It's a lot simpler now. Unlike what people say about new BM, which isn't that far off from the original. Which bums me out a little bit because Unholy's complexities really did make me a lot better as a player.

But there's still some fun to it. It's got a lot of flavor. I just wish the animations on the melee weren't so dull. I hate HATE that Death Strike has that dumbass jumping human slash. My Orcs do not jump. I play a male orc to avoid all the stupid jumping and spinning.

Tarazet

I didn't realize how different the DH tank spec was from Havoc.

It's kinda fun, and has a lot of flair.

I think Vengeance is much better turned out than Havoc. It feels finished and polished, much more than any of the Monk specs were at the launch of Pandaria. But it's not super original, it feels a lot like Prot Warrior did in MoP.

If anyone is still wondering I can confirm that invasion loot boxes have their loot generated when you open them. I saved a bunch of boxes from level 95-100 and opened them at 100 to get ilvl 700 gear.

Robin64

If anyone is still wondering I can confirm that invasion loot boxes have their loot generated when you open them. I saved a bunch of boxes from level 95-100 and opened them at 100 to get ilvl 700 gear.

Heh, yep. Did the same on my hunter, got a full set of the mail gear at ilvl 700, an agi spear, 3 coalesced fel, and enough shards to up the cloak/neck/ring/trinket slots. Sooo good.

Lanrutcon

PSA: Invasion loot always sells well to vendors. You can get your level 10s 100s of gold rather easily. My brand new Deathknight is currently sitting on 1.6k from invasion loot.

Decided to try my first time at putting together a transmog set.

Don4oiO.png

I like it.

scoobs

Starting a new character and looking for a fun class. I heard Rogue Outlaw is fun, any suggestions? New to the game
Demon Hunter is crazy fun, I'd recommend anyone new to the game to just play a DH. All classes are fun in their own way though, it really depends on your personal preferences. You like meleeing stuff, being a tank, shooting fireballs at people, or healing?

Buzzbrad

Demon Hunter is crazy fun, I'd recommend anyone new to the game to just play a DH. All classes are fun in their own way though, it really depends on your personal preferences. You like meleeing stuff, being a tank, shooting fireballs at people, or healing?

I might just try a Demon Hunter, their mobility seems super fun.

Lanrutcon

I might just try a Demon Hunter, their mobility seems super fun.

Just uh...bear in mind that Demon Hunters are the current flavor of the month. Everyone has one, everyone plays one, and they're squishy!

If you're brand new to WoW, classes like Warlocks/Druids/Paladins/Deathknights are great starting classes (imo) because they solo well (defensive abilities, self heals, pets, etc).

Ashodin

Demon Hunter is what all classes should be like in terms of fun to play imo

The mobility and how they work feels like how WoW would be if they made it recently and went with more action-based combat

scoobs

Just uh...bear in mind that Demon Hunters are the current flavor of the month. Everyone has one, everyone plays one, and they're squishy!

If you're brand new to WoW, classes like Warlocks/Druids/Paladins/Deathknights are great starting classes (imo) because they solo well (defensive abilities, self heals, pets, etc).

Its also easy to play and extremely rewarding. Everyone has (had?) a deathknight too, and now nobody really plays them, don't think that really means much.

I'd venture a guess that the vast majority of DH players will be alts.

Lanrutcon

Its also easy to play and extremely rewarding. Everyone has (had?) a deathknight too, and now nobody really plays them, don't think that really means much.

I'd venture a guess that the vast majority of DH players will be alts.

While Deathknights were shiny and new everyone played em. Same for Legion: there will be a crapload of Demon hunters initially. Doesn't mean much unless you dungeon/raid, I guess.

Demon Hunter is what all classes should be like in terms of fun to play imo

The mobility and how they work feels like how WoW would be if they made it recently and went with more action-based combat

I don't know about action-based combat, but their mobility options make me want some kind of review of all classes' movement abilities. Queue (rightful) Aspect of the Cheetah moaning.

You need to have one lvl 70 character on a server before you can make a Demon Hunter. If you're brand new, you're going to have to boost or level another class first.

Ashodin

While Deathknights were shiny and new everyone played em. Same for Legion: there will be a crapload of Demon hunters initially. Doesn't mean much unless you dungeon/raid, I guess.

I don't know about action-based combat, but their mobility options make me want some kind of review of all classes' movement abilities. Queue (rightful) Aspect of the Cheetah moaning.

I think they're in "New Expac Protect Mode"

Where they won't change anything because they want the new hotness to stay good

Rizzi

Aspect of the Cheetah makes me sad.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Got

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95767/spaulders-of-primordial-growth

on my Pally but it's not showing up on my Warrior for transmog, what gives? Is it a glitch or am I not understanding something about the new transmog system?

It probably has a trade timer on it. It won't show on other characters til that goes away. Really annoying, I still have some stuff eligible for refund from DMF and its only showing on the character that has it. Wish they'd fix that or remove the refund ability when equipping it.

Lain

Sometimes (always) stuff takes time to load for me, so I get to see myself run up in the sky kind of like the Throne of the Four Winds after you beat it. It was the first time the Karazhan tower didn't load for me though so I managed to see the smile that's at the base:
I didn't know there was a smile down there, so it was quite surprising.

ampere

Would it be stupid of me to pick Outlaw spec in Legion solely to swing around some Thunderfury weapons? Because I kind of want to do that.

Do it

I think my gathering alt with be an Outlaw Rogue

Got a question. Friends want to get into Wow. I'm telling them to get the base game and legion. If they activate the base game before Legion comes out, they won't be forced to buy WoD because they activated it before Legion, right? I know that the base 10$ game is original wow and all expansions besides the current one. I just don't know if it'll update itself with WoD once Legion is released.

I know it sounds confusing but I'm sure someone will understand lol.

Warlords is included in the base game as of a few months ago, so you'll be set.

It probably has a trade timer on it. It won't show on other characters til that goes away. Really annoying, I still have some stuff eligible for refund from DMF and its only showing on the character that has it. Wish they'd fix that or remove the refund ability when equipping it.

Only way I found to remove the timer early was to either put in into and take it out of Void Storage, or transmog it onto the character who has it.

Mothman91

Anyone know how Blizzard does launch nights? I'm on east coast and thinking about taking the Tuesday off, but that's if they have the game launching 12 est.

scoobs

Anyone know how Blizzard does launch nights? I'm on east coast and thinking about taking the Tuesday off, but that's if they have the game launching 12 est.
Previous launch history would tell us that taking work off is NOT a good idea. Lag and quests you can't complete in a timely manner because too many people.

M.D

Selling transmogs on a low pop server is such a pain

How does Blizzard decide to merge servers? The Maelstrom is already connected to different ones but it's only 150k right now

Mothman91

Previous launch history would tell us that taking work off is NOT a good idea. Lag and quests you can't complete in a timely manner because too many people.
Yeah, you're right. Maybe just leave early and getting time in before the rush of people coming home get on.

Tarazet

Take Friday off instead. By then they've worked out the kinks and people have spread out through the bottlenecks.

Robin64

I'm confident the launch will be alright this time. The biggest problem with WoD was the Garrison and not being able to launch enough instance servers.

Plus launch questing should be good in Legion. We're split over four zones, for one thing, but also the new tap rules should mean generally no waiting while questing.

Zelias

Banned
I have that day off anyway, so I'm ready for the rollercoaster of fun that the launch will probably be. Will class halls crash this time? I'm generally on voice chat with guildies anyway so at least we can chat shit when the servers go to shit.

StMeph

I'm confident the launch will be alright this time. The biggest problem with WoD was the Garrison and not being able to launch enough instance servers.

Plus launch questing should be good in Legion. We're split over four zones, for one thing, but also the new tap rules should mean generally no waiting while questing.

Aren't Class Halls basically the same thing in terms of backend?

And judging from the DH starting area even with the new 5x tags per mob there's still waiting around if the quest mob's dead by the time you arrive. That kind of waiting has been reduced, but it will definitely still exist.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i don't really know why i'm grinding invasions to level up my weapon, since i'm gonna get a new one a few hours into legion...

Entropia

No One Remembers
I didn't stay up the first night when WoD came up, but I don't recall there being any major issues the little bit I played.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So I'm gonna be leading a fairly serious raiding group in Legion and was wondering what everyone's consensus is on the best way for loot distribution is.

I've pretty much done it all from DKP to loot council to just 1 person deciding. I'm leaning towards loot council since that seems like the standard.

Loot council is good if you are fair and informed. It can be a lot of work for the officers though.

I'm a fan of EPGP personally. Loot council is good for certain things such as, "Loyal Raid Member A is getting this huge upgrade over New Raid Member B."

Lanrutcon

I didn't stay up the first night when WoD came up, but I don't recall there being any major issues the little bit I played.

You never had "Instance not found?" or a character frozen in place trying to zone into a Garrison? or a character who logged out in their Garrison and couldn't log back in?

Those problems were so widespread every forum was choked with people experiencing them.

M.D

How is it possible I have not seen even one Doomsayer turn into one of those demons that has a chance to drop the Fel Spreader? I've been talking to them all the team with my Hunter with Track Demons turned on and nothing..

Is it still possible to join a group and do it that way? Is it possible that if one of them doesn't give you that dialogue option another Doomsayer will?

datamage

Heading into Legion... and I apologize if this has been asked previously. What happens if you change your spec? Do you get a different artifact weapon or do you have to commit to your spec?

Tacitus_

Launches have been pretty stable for the past few expansion - outside of garrisons fucking everything up, but that could be dodged by just not zoning into the garrison. And having the 10~ instances for class halls is way different from creating and destroying thousands of garrison instances. Shouldn't even get bottlenecked by quests with the way zones and tapping works.

Heading into Legion... and I apologize if this has been asked previously. What happens if you change your spec? Do you get a different artifact weapon or do you have to commit to your spec?

You can get your 2nd artifact at 92 if they don't make any last minute changes. It needs to be leveled separately.

Zelias

Banned
You can get your 2nd artifact at 92 if they don't make any last minute changes. It needs to be leveled separately.
102 :p

I believe there are class hall vendors that sell 740 weapons for off-specs too, which is largely useless but it's there in a pinch.

Top Bottom