• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Xeteh

THE LOOT GODS HAVE BLESSED ME

Grats!

I've got Mimiron's Head and Invincible from raiding years ago but I quit halfway through Cata when my guild died. I just came back a couple weeks ago and I've had at least 5 people at this point ask me how long it took me to farm Invincible.

... show some respect. :(

ampere

So I'm gonna be leading a fairly serious raiding group in Legion and was wondering what everyone's consensus is on the best way for loot distribution is.

I've pretty much done it all from DKP to loot council to just 1 person deciding. I'm leaning towards loot council since that seems like the standard.

Loot council is good if you are fair and informed. It can be a lot of work for the officers though.

So I'm confused about the appearance wardrobe crap. I ran back a few times today, and while on my DK I got both cryotfiends bite and betrayer or humanity.

I log in my hunter and cryotfiends is unlocked, but betrayer is not.

Why not? It doesn't even show betrayer unlocked at all

Could be that the item is bugged.

Post a report here: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747195213?page=37#post-723

So I'm confused about the appearance wardrobe crap. I ran back a few times today, and while on my DK I got both cryotfiends bite and betrayer or humanity.

I log in my hunter and cryotfiends is unlocked, but betrayer is not.

Why not? It doesn't even show betrayer unlocked at all
You can only unlock and use things you can use. If you go on a warrior you can transmog betrayer of humanity. Cryo bite is a polearm, thus you can use it with Surv spec.

sora87

So disc is pretty fun, I'm using it in invasions and actually surviving now.

I dunno if i can be bothered to take them all the way but I've been leveling my low warlock and rogue during the invasions too. Outlaw spec on rogue is pretty cool.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
huh
tumblr_obv4d7NYCl1tk23m4o2_400.jpg

didn't notice him

Strimei

Is that the guy from the Vol'jin novel? Nice touch.

Yup, he also is present at the Hunter order hall, if memory serves.

Honestly though I think he was a bit of a waste. Well, him and Vol'jin. He had that whole arrow-thing for Vol'jin, who had threatened Garrosh with shooting him in his "black heart". They could have had Vol'jin take part in Garrosh's fight in the Siege, where Garrosh literally has a black heart present. Arrow from Tyrathan, imbued by voodoo goodness, shoot the heart, depower Garrosh.

Much better than Garrosh just draining that dumb heart dry.

biaxident

Boosted the mage, was completely broke after learning portals, so just spent 5 mins giving out free portals to make easy money. Pretty useful during invasions for sure.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love how easy t13 is to get. All the bosses that drop tier are before spine so you can skip that shit show (unless you want/need weapons), and at ilvl 700 (or close) from invasion gear, you will absolutely wreck heroic 25m solo. Dragonsoul is also a short raid so you can do it quite fast.

Same for heroic Firelands if youre into those (I actually went back to t13 on my hunter whem I got the hc version, that set grew on me in ways I never imagined, its super detailed and I love the helm), and that one has 2 mounts that can drop (well technically so does Dragonsoul if you dont skip spine/madness).

T11 stuff is a bit more annoying to farm because its 2 seperate raids obviously. And im not a big fan of t11 as a whole.

I got bored so I did this:
semttulo7pbv5.jpg

Please note this is just my opinion. That being said, T8 = GOAT

While I agree with T8 being the GOAT overall if you exclude T17 Mythic, you choices for some sets are... questionable for me :3

Of course a lot of the sets vary by race aswell so its all relative.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It makes me laugh way too much to spam the CITIZENS OF DALARAN speech next to the fountain

Negator

Would it be stupid of me to pick Outlaw spec in Legion solely to swing around some Thunderfury weapons? Because I kind of want to do that.

Mothman91

Got a question. Friends want to get into Wow. I'm telling them to get the base game and legion. If they activate the base game before Legion comes out, they won't be forced to buy WoD because they activated it before Legion, right? I know that the base 10$ game is original wow and all expansions besides the current one. I just don't know if it'll update itself with WoD once Legion is released.

I know it sounds confusing but I'm sure someone will understand lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Would it be stupid of me to pick Outlaw spec in Legion solely to swing around some Thunderfury weapons? Because I kind of want to do that.

Well, you cant transmog Thunderfury, so that means you would use it over your Artifact, so yes it would be stupid.

Sorry for being annoying but anyone selling a run for the moose mount? I have like 5k gold so I dont think I am able to get it for normal pub groups...

Rhaknar

Oh thats what he meant. I dunno dude, ive seen people use Thunderfury over the years long past it was relevant just because it looked cool so I thought it was that case.

Doesnt even look that good nerds!

Also 6 skins? I thought it was 4+1 secret :eek:

biaxident

Am I a bad person if on the final boss of the invasion in tanaris, pvp server, that now that i'm 100 I just spam blizzard on the 30 hordies cause they constantly ganked me while doing these before lol. It's pretty hilarious and entertaining.

Got a question. Friends want to get into Wow. I'm telling them to get the base game and legion. If they activate the base game before Legion comes out, they won't be forced to buy WoD because they activated it before Legion, right? I know that the base 10$ game is original wow and all expansions besides the current one. I just don't know if it'll update itself with WoD once Legion is released.

I know it sounds confusing but I'm sure someone will understand lol.

I believe WoD is now included in the "Base Game" because they consider Legion the current expansion. I thought I read about that change a month or so back.

cdyhybrid

Oh thats what he meant. I dunno dude, ive seen people use Thunderfury over the years long past it was relevant just because it looked cool so I thought it was that case.

Doesnt even look that good nerds!

Also 6 skins? I thought it was 4+1 secret :eek:

I think one of the datamined skins is from a future patch or something, but we don't know which is which.

Strimei

I think one of the datamined skins is from a future patch or something, but we don't know which is which.

Yeah, a number of artifacts had another skin that was datamined and aren't used anywhere (i.e. the Kirin Tor styled Aluneth). I would be very surprised if we didn't get another batch of skins with a later raid. That has to happen, so that's what some are for, surely.

Rhaknar

Thunderfury Skin, available now in the WoW store for just $20/20€.

I kid I kid...

Wouldnt even shock me tho :3

So, I'm thinking of maybe jumping back in and seeing what's what, and to surprise my old guild by revealing that I'm in fact still alive. I might be looking to jump back into raiding, so I was wondering when the best time would be to sub again. Right now? No more than 7 days before the expansion drops? Or is there really no point to sub before legion drops?

cdyhybrid

So, I'm thinking of maybe jumping back in and seeing what's what, and to surprise my old guild by revealing that I'm in fact still alive. I might be looking to jump back into raiding, so I was wondering when the best time would be to sub again. Right now? No more than 7 days before the expansion drops? Or is there really no point to sub before legion drops?

If you want to do the prepatch events then sub before. If you don't care, don't.

Wonder if they will nerf the XP in these invasions once they start popping up fast? I hope not, it's leveling my Rogue quite fast would love to get both my Rogue and Lock to 100 before Legion which i guess i could just level them normally since Rogue is 80 and Lock is 87 but damn is that XP nice.

The whole point of invasions is insanely fast catch-up. Both in terms of experience and ilvl.

There's no point in nerfing exp gain, people afk'ing or any of that, all of this won't matter once you do the initial questing in Legion and get better quest reward gear and you artifact.

Also, there are some people I have as real id friends on there that I'd rather avoid without having to actually deal with them. Do they get notified or can otherwise easily tell if I delete them from my friends list? Or is there another (and perhaps more foolproof) way to make sure they don't know that I'm actually online.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Anyone who has a Moonkin I highly suggest doing the Horde Broken Shore and then just going apeshit with starfall. I ended up with 240 kills on my under ilvl moonkin. It was a fantastic time.

https://imgur.com/a/eq0or

I pretty much got my Grisly Trophy's for the Darkmoon Faire.

Tarazet

Along with several of my friends, we'd never gotten the Been Waiting a Long Time for This achievement for the meta and the dragon. Apparently there's a way to cheese it with a Brewmaster.

Make sure you are spec'd for Ox Statue.

Stand on the bottom of the stairs, right where there is a texture break.

Plant your statue about 25 yards in front of you. Watch and wait as the disease ticks and stacks up to 30. Heal your statue if needed with Effuse.

When it is on a ghoul, re-plant your statue directly in front of you. Watch as the plague jumps to you with the 30+ stacks. Dispel it.

Get Lich King to 70%.

Move to the center. Use Crackling Jade Lightning to kill ice orbs. Kill Lich King.

Simple.

Top Bottom