• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Lanrutcon

Launches have been pretty stable for the past few expansion - outside of garrisons fucking everything up, but that could be dodged by just not zoning into the garrison. And having the 10~ instances for class halls is way different from creating and destroying thousands of garrison instances. Shouldn't even get bottlenecked by quests with the way zones and tapping works.

You can get your 2nd artifact at 92 if they don't make any last minute changes. It needs to be leveled separately.

I'M SO BEHIND

OHMAHGOSH

Mothman91

As a healer main that levels as dps. Heard it's no problem to first take your dps artifact weapon and level up because I heard up to level 13, the artifact power is low.

i don't really know why i'm grinding invasions to level up my weapon, since i'm gonna get a new one a few hours into legion...
This is why I've switched to my low-level alts for invasions -- loads of easy exp and much better loot than they could get at that level(armor pieces sell for like 14-25 gold even when they are lowbie-scaled).

Jag

How is it possible I have not seen even one Doomsayer turn into one of those demons that has a chance to drop the Fel Spreader? I've been talking to them all the team with my Hunter with Track Demons turned on and nothing..

Is it still possible to join a group and do it that way? Is it possible that if one of them doesn't give you that dialogue option another Doomsayer will?

You are doing it wrong. Get a group finder addon like Server Hop and put in keywords: Fel, Dread, Infil -farm -camp. Avoid farm/camping groups and only join groups where the Dread is up. Right click to block any other groups and make sure it says "searching". You have to be really quick because those groups form fast, but you can jump from Dread to Dread if you get a good streak.

I know we just got a huge transmog update in the latest patch, but I find it hilarious that pretty much all of my characters look exactly the same after doing a bunch of invasions.

Azzurri

What is the best rogue spec now for soloing old raids? People say Assassin, but it seems pretty slow and I'm always outta energy. I like it tho because fan of knives is nice, but trying to mimron's final stage is a PITA having to kill all three at the same time.

Lanrutcon

That's what I chose.
-_-;

How to level LW/Skinning like a baws(tm)

1) Skinning: north east of your Horde garrison is a small canyon with wolves. They respawn rapidly and are level 90 (insta kill!). Took me 3 days to casually get max skinning here. You may need to move to nagrand for your last 20 odd points.

2) LW: Have all your characters with garrisons spend their garrison resources to buy leather off the Trading Post. Send it to your new Leatherworker. Make blue armor until you're 700. Did this in a day. Should be easier now as you can get thousands of garrison resources off your table per day.

My Druid went to 700/700 in a weekend.

So I'm gonna be leading a fairly serious raiding group in Legion and was wondering what everyone's consensus is on the best way for loot distribution is.

I've pretty much done it all from DKP to loot council to just 1 person deciding. I'm leaning towards loot council since that seems like the standard.

I ran a group where we knew each other pretty well and the group was on the smaller side, and we just worked out loot amongst ourselves. Never caused any drama. Usually if one person desperately needs the upgrade, the other people will just pass to them. If not, a roll would decide.

Your mileage may drastically vary, of course.

Rizzi

1) Skinning: north east of your Horde garrison is a small canyon with wolves. They respawn rapidly and are level 90 (insta kill!). Took me 3 days to casually get max skinning here. You may need to move to nagrand for your last 20 odd points.

2) LW: Have all your characters with garrisons spend their garrison resources to buy leather off the Trading Post. Send it to your new Leatherworker. Make blue armor until you're 700. Did this in a day. Should be easier now as you can get thousands of garrison resources off your table per day.

Oh cool. I've only got one other character on this server though, so I don't think the trading post will help all that much.

Lanrutcon

Oh cool. I've only got one other character on this server though, so I don't think the trading post will help all that much.

Ah, that's an issue. You need several thousand leather. Easy with like, 3 or 4 garrisons. Not so much when you're alone.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I noticed that one of the artifact for enhancement shaman is called "Zandalar Champion". Is there some troll related stuff yet again in this expansion?

I noticed that one of the artifact for enhancement shaman is called "Zandalar Champion". Is there some troll related stuff yet again in this expansion?
I sure hope so! There's also a glyph to make ghost wolf a raptor, which is currently the thing making me want to main my shaman :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what was the "trick" to spoils of pandaria? is there a certain order of the boxes you have to crack open or something? want to try it with a friend in LFR to see if I can get to thokk

Sölf

It's been ages since we had a proper troll raid. Throne of Thunder only had 1 of 4 wings with trolls. That nowhere near enough. And it's been even longer since we got a new troll dungeon. :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
what was the "trick" to spoils of pandaria? is there a certain order of the boxes you have to crack open or something? want to try it with a friend in LFR to see if I can get to thokk

There is no trick, really. The big boxes have mini-boss type dudes that provide more bar progress than the guys from the smaller boxes. It should be 2-mannable at 100, with 1 person on each side.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Typically you open up the Panda boxes, then open the big boxes, then the medium boxes, then whatever small ones you need left.

mileS

Reading through the last page where people are talking about server stability and ques for launch. I dunno I honestly think some of you are being overly hopeful or just straight up not remembering the launch problems of WoD. That or you were on a low pop server to begin with.

On Bleeding Hollow there were very long ques (server itself rests at about a medium pop these days) but it wasn't just the long ques. There would be times where you wouldn't DC but nothing on the server updated for 20-30 minutes at a time. This would happen over and over for the first 2-3 days. There was the DDoS attacks (or at least thats what they claimed) and they bumped realm population limits way way way down which in turn made ques absolutely ridiculous. Then of course there would be times where you waited in que for a long long time only to DC a few minutes in and be kicked to the start of the line again. Really hope that is handled better this time around.

This year I'm on Stormrage... I don't expect to even play for the first 2 days at the very least. That or I'm going to level something different on a lower pop realm. I can't imagine the ques Stormrage will have.

At the end of the day all I'm saying is I don't understand how anyone can look back at the launch of WoD and say it was successful overall. Blizzard doesn't just hand out 5 days free for nothing. It was that bad.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Reading through the last page where people are talking about server stability and ques for launch. I dunno I honestly think some of you are being overly hopeful or just straight up not remembering the launch problems of WoD. That or you were on a low pop server to begin with.

On Bleeding Hollow there were very long ques (server itself rests at about a medium pop these days) but it wasn't just the long ques. There would be times where you wouldn't DC but nothing on the server updated for 20-30 minutes at a time. This would happen over and over for the first 2-3 days. There was the DDoS attacks (or at least thats what they claimed) and they bumped realm population limits way way way down which in turn made ques absolutely ridiculous. Then of course there would be times where you waited in que for a long long time only to DC a few minutes in and be kicked to the start of the line again. Really hope that is handled better this time around.

This year I'm on Stormrage... I don't expect to even play for the first 2 days at the very least. That or I'm going to level something different on a lower pop realm. I can't imagine the ques Stormrage will have.

At the end of the day all I'm saying is I don't understand how anyone can look back at the launch of WoD and say it was successful overall. Blizzard doesn't just hand out 5 days free for nothing. It was that bad.

You will probably be fine once you are in, but I am 100% sure you are going to experience lengthy queues.

You are right though that supposedly some group is planning DDoS attacks, those wouldn't be fun.

I'm a fan of EPGP personally. Loot council is good for certain things such as, "Loyal Raid Member A is getting this huge upgrade over New Raid Member B."

EPGP is a stupid system in 2016, everybody will keep points for trinkets/weapons the same, so in the end you will just lot council anyawy. Good guilds will know exactly what classes will take the most out of what piece of gear.

Jag

Also check group finder. I was all set to solo to Thok but found a random SoO group by accident in the finder and they were nice enough to let me grab Thok.

I like to leave him playing dead on the AH steps.

Kain

At last got the damn bow. Not touching the invasions with my hunter again. Now to level up alts...

Oh, btw, I was absent from the since more than two years now and it's so nice to solo stuff now. I did all of ICC25 HC in less than thirty minutes, it's amazing. Tonight I'll try Firelands and some other stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
At last got the damn bow. Not touching the invasions with my hunter again. Now to level up alts...

Oh, btw, I was absent from the since more than two years now and it's so nice to solo stuff now. I did all of ICC25 HC in less than thirty minutes, it's amazing. Tonight I'll try Firelands and some other stuff.

you can wrekc all of the cata 25m hc content with invasion gear (ilvl 700 or close)

I'm really stuck as to what I want to Main I. legion. Enhancement Shaman, which is what I normally do is fun. Rogue, both outlaw and subtlety is fun. Wind walker monk is fun. I like both survival and bm hunter. Fury war is fun. Unholy DK is fun.

I don't remember the last time that we had so many classes that were just FUN to play.

sora87

I've not bothered with my professions seriously since the end of wrath. Probably why I'm so poor. Only one I have max is skinning because that just comes naturally.

Rizzi

kswMlde.jpg

Thank you!

Rhaknar

I'm really stuck as to what I want to Main I. legion. Enhancement Shaman, which is what I normally do is fun. Rogue, both outlaw and subtlety is fun. Wind walker monk is fun. I like both survival and bm hunter. Fury war is fun. Unholy DK is fun.

I don't remember the last time that we had so many classes that were just FUN to play.

amd ironically, the decision of what to choose first has never been as important, because of the artifact thing :)

Rhaknar

You can solo all MoP raids, except galakras and high difficulty SoO. Fuck galakras.

I tried to and it took ages. I guess it depends on the class. Being able to, and doing it in a way that its worth doing it (like the cata raids now) are 2 different things.

at 110 tho, for sure

M.D

You are doing it wrong. Get a group finder addon like Server Hop and put in keywords: Fel, Dread, Infil -farm -camp. Avoid farm/camping groups and only join groups where the Dread is up. Right click to block any other groups and make sure it says "searching". You have to be really quick because those groups form fast, but you can jump from Dread to Dread if you get a good streak.

Thank you!

I tried to and it took ages. I guess it depends on the class. Being able to, and doing it in a way that its worth doing it (like the cata raids now) are 2 different things.

at 110 tho, for sure

I mean, if you are after the golds there are better way than cata raids too, you do them old raids for mounts and transmog.

Rhaknar

I mean, if you are after the golds there are better way than cata raids too, you do them old raids for mounts and transmog.

yes, and you do the cata raids in 30 minutes, you dont do the mop raids solo in 30 minutes. well maybe you do if you re a mythic raider or something I dont know, the guy you were replying to that is doing invasions for gear wont

and you most deffinately do the cata raids for gold too btw

yes, and you do the cata raids in 30 minutes, you dont do the mop raids solo in 30 minutes. well maybe you do if you re a mythic raider or something I dont know, the guy you were replying to that is doing invasions for gear wont

and you most deffinately do the cata raids for gold too btw

Yeah you right, i've been 744 for too long. Golds from old raid? I dunno, well maybe now that there is no more garrison gold i guess.

Top Bottom