• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

xRaizen

Lol using RAF exp bonus doing invasions is ridiculous. Level 53 after only six invasions. Can't wait till tomorrow when invasions become more frequent than before.

ampere

Outlaw is so cool. I really think I'm gonna play this as an alt

Hey guys, a couple buddies and I are looking to start up a heroic Garrosh farming group in order to get Tusks of Mannoroth for tmog. If anyone is interested in joining us, let me know, this will be an ongoing group where I'll add you to bnet friends and we'll try to set dates to power farm lots of runs (i.e. just go through 50-60 kills on a Saturday or Sunday).

So here's how this works:
1) My buddy has a raid lockout just after Paragons on an alt that we load up before every run (heroic SOO).
2) Run in, kill Garrosh fast, run out. Create new raid group with the alt so Garrosh respawns. Rinse and repeat. The reason this works is because you can bonus roll on every Garrosh kill and you can farm tons of bonus rolls easily on Timeless Isle.
3) This is going to be a heavy time commitment, so you really gotta want those Tusks of Mannoroth for transmog if you want to join in. On average, it takes a couple hundred kills to bonus roll Tusks.

So again, if anyone is interested in joining our little ongoing Tusks power farm group, just quote this message or shoot me a PM with your bnet ID and I'll add you. Hoping to get a solid group of at least 5-10 guys that really want them sexy ass Tusks so we can just powerfarm quickly and efficiently together. Lemme know if you got any questions. We'll probably also organize a frog farming party before we actually start farming Garrosh so everyone can quickly get a bunch of coins that can be turned into warforged seals (the bonus rolls that allow this kind of powerfarm to happen).

We are US, Horde btw (sorry alliance/euros).

I might be interested. I grabbed a lockout at Paragons on my Monk, but I'm always too lazy to actually make a group

Alright so they removed the Ilvl requirement from Trial of the champion. And its fucking impossible as disc. Attonement has healed your target for 168-500. Tanks getting hit for 10k/dps getting destroyed. Shadowmend doesnt do fuck all. radiance doesnt do shit. Fucking bliz.

Huh? The old 5 man?

biaxident

Alright so they removed the Ilvl requirement from Trial of the champion. And its fucking impossible as disc. Attonement has healed your target for 168-500. Tanks getting hit for 10k/dps getting destroyed. Shadowmend doesnt do fuck all. radiance doesnt do shit. Fucking bliz.

Shadow mend is a really strong heal, and atonement is a decent heal, it acts like a bigger hot. Perhaps blizz still hasn't figured out some scaling on old dungeons or something, cause disc is totally fine.

I keep wavering on my main, I love all the DK specs but man there's so many melee. Only reason I'm probably not going to main it. Melee specs outnumber range by what 9-6 or something now?

Skab

You can go at any level, really. I've seen some people report getting massive amounts of experience when combining it and other experience boosting stuff (i.e. the elixirs). Go for it.

Yeah just wasnt sure if they limited exp gains in any way. But good to know, thanks!

Aeana

One thing I don't like about invasions is that you can join an instance that's in progress, even on phase 3 or 4. If I happen upon one of those, I find myself exiting the zone and waiting. Problem is, I often miss the first phase when I go back in because I waited too long. Need that exp. :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If the game ever puts you in something other than phase one as you enter a zone something messed up. Have not seen that happen personally.

holy fuck the new wow forums are awful. 45 character limit for threads

not the title, the ACTUAL THREADS

One thing I don't like about invasions is that you can join an instance that's in progress, even on phase 3 or 4. If I happen upon one of those, I find myself exiting the zone and waiting. Problem is, I often miss the first phase when I go back in because I waited too long. Need that exp. :(

on the other hand, you can leave on the final phase, and come back in a little bit to stage 1 so you can continuously grind small chests (?) and nethershards

Strimei

Wow, you can get in on those later phases? I've never seen that happen, its always the first stage. Bizarre.

So leveling is much less of a slog overall than you remember or anticipate. BC leveling is much quicker than it used to be, but is currently the oldest content in the game, so it might not appeal. Easiest thing to do for you I would say would just spam dungeon finder to get through 60-70, or do the current hotness which is invasions, netting a fair bit of XP (half a level to a level per).

Well, you were right!

I buckled down this morning and AFK'd in invasions while working (Freelance from home FTW), finished work by lunch then did back to back dungeons with quests while waiting in queue and went from 60 - 67 by 4:30pm! Hopefully the rest of the expansions will go by this quick too!

Aeana

Is the good xp only from phase completions or killing mobs/rares too?

I don't get very good exp from killing enemies, but I haven't tried to solo one of the elites, just the regular things. If higher level people attack your target then the exp is definitely not very good.

Fjordson

Weird, I didn't even know this was possible. I've always gotten in at stage 1.

Does it still you gift you the small chest that you're supposed to get after the first stage?

Tamanon

Banned
Went from 10 to 16 on my monk from a single invasion. Plus, the chest rewards were worth 120 gold, so that's pretty good for leveling, lol.

Hixx

The daily bonus XP on the monk will make it insane.

Getting 4-4.5levels per invasion on my Shaman so just got him to level 18 in 80 minutes or so with a bit of awkward travel.

ilvl 700 frost dk... 35k dps alright?

Weird, I didn't even know this was possible. I've always gotten in at stage 1.

Does it still you gift you the small chest that you're supposed to get after the first stage?
Went from 10 to 16 on my monk from a single invasion. Plus, the chest rewards were worth 120 gold, so that's pretty good for leveling, lol.

second stage = small chest, final stage = large chest

if you're levelling a character via invasions DO NOT OPEN THEM! the gear scales to your level when the chest is opened.

Lain

I've opened a fair amount of chests from the invasions, but only today I got a warforged piece. Now I feel like I need warforged for every piece.

I've entered numerous invasions instances that were on the 2nd or 3rd phase. I kinda of don't care anymore though, at this point I have all of the ilvl 700 gear and am just farming shards for those ilvl upgrades for weapons.

M.D

I might actually level up another character with invasions after I'm done with the DK.
There's no penalty to xp if you afk right?

Lain

I don't get very good exp from killing enemies, but I haven't tried to solo one of the elites, just the regular things. If higher level people attack your target then the exp is definitely not very good.

Solo kills are kind of OK depending on the targets. The elementals can give 7-8k per kill and usually don't have too many hitpoints. Random 100s hitting your trash kill any gains though, yeah.

Sölf;213758181 said:
I don't even get that on some fights. Well, I only did Mythic Shadowmoon and Mythic Skyreach today, but god. I either completely suck at the new Frost DK gameplay or DPS really is that abyssmal. Probably both.

don't spam howling blast (only use it off proc when you start combat, otherwise use it when Rime price), make sure to use obliteration on CD, and time your horn of winters right

I might actually level up another character with invasions after I'm done with the DK.
There's no penalty to xp if you afk right?

no penalty

Kintaco

Lol using RAF exp bonus doing invasions is ridiculous. Level 53 after only six invasions. Can't wait till tomorrow when invasions become more frequent than before.
I have a whole process going. I get one pair of characters to an invasion then afterwards one summons my other pair of Toons. Been doing 5 pairs (DK, Hunter, Priest, Druid and Mage) this way.

Sölf

don't spam howling blast (only use it off proc when you start combat, otherwise use it when Rime price), make sure to use obliteration on CD, and time your horn of winters right

I know what I have to do (except for the Horn, cause I didn't pick that talent), it's just the, let's say, "lingering button presses". Like spamming Howling Blast more than is necessary, becasue that was the way to go. Or actually pressing the button were the second disease was before. It's also so strange that you run out of runes more often than before.

Well, and of course the fact that suddenly crit is mega important, which wasn't the case before if I am not mistaken (wasn't it more like mastery > all? Basically: My gear sucks ass).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just opened 20 boxes (10 small, 10 large) on my fresh 100 pally and the only weapons I got were glaives. Twice.

w t f

I have both a goblin warrior and a goblin hunter

I kinda don't care for either of them, and my wife wants to play ally in the next expansion

so if you had to choose an alliance race for a warrior or hunter, what would you pick and why? based on looks or animations or anything, not too picky.

also would you go warrior over hunter?

My plans are to play my belf pally and my draenei priest before I play anything else

I have both a goblin warrior and a goblin hunter

I kinda don't care for either of them, and my wife wants to play ally in the next expansion

so if you had to choose an alliance race for a warrior or hunter, what would you pick and why? based on looks or animations or anything, not too picky.

also would you go warrior over hunter?

My plans are to play my belf pally and my draenei priest before I play anything else

Worgen's are nice for Animations. Armor fits them kinda funky. My DK is a Worgen and the Plate from the waste up works really well due to their models having broad shoulders. I also always thought Draenei looked decent in Plate. As for Hunter, I recommend Night Elf or Human.

Concept17

I've entered numerous invasions instances that were on the 2nd or 3rd phase. I kinda of don't care anymore though, at this point I have all of the ilvl 700 gear and am just farming shards for those ilvl upgrades for weapons.
When that happens I just leave the zone and go back 5-10 minutes later.

When that happens I just leave the zone and go back 5-10 minutes later.

At this point I'm one Felsteel weapon upgrade away from being done with invasions with my Fury Warrior. I've started to get some ilvl 700+ Warforged drops from invasions chests but I'm not going to actively try to farm invasions for Warforged drops that won't matter in two weeks. At best I may simply farm up enough shards to buy a few felbat pups to speculate on.

I dunno how people are doing this with multiple toons. I've tremendously enjoyed invasions, but I'm sort of done with them now.

all hunters will be able to tame mech pets in legion

Non-Goblin and Gnome Hunters need a Legion engi-item, Goblins and Gnomes can do it innately right now.

Also Gnomes have an engineering profession bonus and that's a pretty ace profession for Hunters to have. You can craft your own guns and unlock a bunch of transmogs.

scoobs

Sölf;213758181 said:
I don't even get that on some fights. Well, I only did Mythic Shadowmoon and Mythic Skyreach today, but god. I either completely suck at the new Frost DK gameplay or DPS really is that abyssmal. Probably both.

Or you know... its tuned for level 110 and tuned around having an artifact weapon, which we don't have. So there's that. Calm your tits.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Or you know... its tuned for level 110 and tuned around having an artifact weapon, which we don't have. So there's that. Calm your tits.

Frost is really low at 110 as well.

There are some specs that aren't going to be fixed with a weapon. They're probably just waiting until legion launches to fix some of this stuff.

Warlock is all but unviable at 110 as it stands.

Top Bottom