• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Kain

Do they still give you the mounts for the achievements in Firelands, ICC and stuff? Because I just checked and I'm one or two achievements shy of getting like, three or four different mounts.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Nice, the group killed it, now I don't have to worry about getting the moose.
Do they still give you the mounts for the achievements in Firelands, ICC and stuff? Because I just checked and I'm one or two achievements shy of getting like, three or four different mounts.

Yup, you can still get those.

Kain

Oh man, great news, thanks!

I grew bored of the invasions already, I'll be on a mount-getting binge these two weeks xD

Went and parked my lvl 14 Monk in Westfall, gained 3 levels, opened up the two chests and got enough vendor trash for lvl 40 riding. Yeah, I'm gonna keep doing that after farming shards on my warrior.

Zelias

Banned
Levelling up these lowbies through invasions is surprisingly addicting. I now have a Monk in the early 60s, Warrior and Priest in the late 50s and a Shaman in the mid 40s.

And yeah, EU here and I've been getting WF invasion loot on the above-mentioned lowbies.

Rizzi

Whew. 10k gold, later and I have 700 leatherworking, cooking and first aid on my demon hunter.
Now to work on fishing and archaeology. :<

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Man, DPSing that raid bummed me out, I'm not used to being so low in the DPS. Every tier that I raided, I was always almost BiS and was one of our guild's top DPS and now I have shitty gear and I suck.

During that Archimonde raid, I kept fucking up my rotation and I still don't get how to aoe correctly.

It's not like I'm going to raid mythics come Legion but being so shittty as WoW hurts me deep inside. FeelsBadMan with the gun.

Zelias

Banned
Man, DPSing that raid bummed me out, I'm not used to being so low in the DPS. Every tier that I raided, I was always almost BiS and was one of our guild's top DPS and now I have shitty gear and I suck.

During that Archimonde raid, I kept fucking up my rotation and I still don't get how to aoe correctly.

It's not like I'm going to raid mythics come Legion but being so shittty as WoW hurts me deep inside. FeelsBadMan with the gun.
Well... there's effectively a gear reset coming and plenty of time to get your rotation down before Legion raids open. I wouldn't sweat it.

Sölf

Whew. 10k gold, later and I have 700 leatherworking, cooking and first aid on my demon hunter.
Now to work on fishing and archaeology. :<

Power leveling cooking and fishing on my DK back in Wrath completely broke me. I probably won't have a second character with those skills ever again, unless I manage to level it while playing (which works somewhat for cooking, but not for fishing).

I am also currently leveling a shadow priest. I love that style so much, even though the character is only 47 at the moment, so some of the key talents are still missing.

Son1x

So whats the fastest way to grind garrison resources? Just hit 100 yesterday and need to upgrade my garrison to tier 3.

Rizzi

Sölf;213794904 said:
Power leveling cooking and fishing on my DK back in Wrath completely broke me. I probably won't have a second character with those skills ever again, unless I manage to level it while playing (which works somewhat for cooking, but not for fishing).

I am also currently leveling a shadow priest. I love that style so much, even though the character is only 47 at the moment, so some of the key talents are still missing.

It's a lot easier to do cooking now, thankfully. Fishing is.. The same.

Tried Bagnon. Tried Adibags. For the most part liked Adibags, but it's missing an account-wide search function. Nothing beats a well-programmed ArkInventory though for a comprehensive bag addon. Had to make a bunch of "exception" rules to get certain items I keep around to go in the spots where I wanted them, but overall I'm pretty happy with the setup right now. It isn't perfect, as I'm sure I'll find more exceptions, but it's close to what I want

Without Ark, I'd say Adibags is the next best, though you'd need Altoholic or something similar for full functionality. And that may in fact be the better setup since Altoholic seems to do some things, like tell you what recipes you have learned on alts, that none of my other addons currently do. The biggest thing is the account-wide search for me. I'd drop Ark for Adi in a minute if Adi had account-wide bag search.

I don't know if there's an easy way to export my profile though unless I just post the lua saved variables file.

-----

In other news, dinged 100 on the Shaman today from invasions. Makes 11 100s on the home server, 12 total with my boosted Mage on Sargeras. Maybe 13 if I do a DH on Sargeras as well. Priest will rot at 90 methinks, unless I get it in me to level her through invasions as well.

If the class changes aren't ready to be used before the expansion, perhaps they shouldn't have been included in the patch. I don't see how it's unreasonable to complain when you're paying to play a game and your effectiveness went down with no way to remedy it for a month.
Exactly. They didn't start pulling this pruning shit to this degree until mists. Every expansion before this they added things, they didn't weaken your character to the extent that they did with this patch when you look at some classes (Blood DK especially). It's frustrating to deal with that shit for a month. They should have dropped the prepatch a week or two before so the gap between when we get the expansion and we adjust to our classes isn't that bad.

Also. If they're tuning classes around the artifact weapon, does that mean we will have it next expansion too or do you guys think they'll bake the stats into the your character next expansion?

Shahadan

If the class changes aren't ready to be used before the expansion, perhaps they shouldn't have been included in the patch. I don't see how it's unreasonable to complain when you're paying to play a game and your effectiveness went down with no way to remedy it for a month.

That's how it's always done, and the point of the prepatch is also to give people an idea of how their class will play and help them determine what they'll choose to play.

I don't see the problem, especially when the WoD content was nerfed anyway.

scoobs

Exactly. They didn't start pulling this pruning shit to this degree until mists. Every expansion before this they added things, they didn't weaken your character to the extent that they did with this patch when you look at some classes (Blood DK especially). It's frustrating to deal with that shit for a month. They should have dropped the prepatch a week or two before so the gap between when we get the expansion and we adjust to our classes isn't that bad.

Also. If they're tuning classes around the artifact weapon, does that mean we will have it next expansion too or do you guys think they'll bake the stats into the your character next expansion?
It's just not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. It's one month of making a minority of players mad, and getting new content to the rest of the player base who hasn't had shit for new content in over a year. I'd rather get to fuck around with new talents and a new class for a month and do cool new world events than continue to farm a raid I've been clearing for a year.

So Legion launches in 2 weeks.

Looking back, i think WoD did a lot of things right, but a few core pillars of the expansion left a bad taste. All the great steps toward making the world feel more alive - delayed flying, loads of treasures and rares, even making people use meeting stones again all felt moot due to Garrisons. Players were asking for player housing since forever...hopefully not again.

PvP also seemed really weak, from my limited experience with Ashran and a few BGs it feels more a side activity now more than ever.

Other than that though, i liked it! Draenor was a great continent, and first levelling to 100 felt great especially meeting all the Lore characters such as the titular Warlords and chasing Gul'dan. 5 mans were good, and the addition of Timewalking and Mythic helped keep them relevant. I think my favourite 5 man was Iron Docks - good length, interesting setting and memorable characters.

Raids were fine for a guy like me who plays casually these days. Definitely felt like they cheapened us on number of raids though.and there were a couple of encounters like Hellfire Assault and Blast Furnace which i had very little fun with.

Overall, coming back from not playing since release of Firelands it felt like a fresh game and whilst not the same experience as old, was a lot more manageable around my real life now that i could still do most content. Really looking forward to Legion in 2 weeks!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm not really sure I like unholy DKs, there is something about their spells that feels a bit underwhelming,. I's a shame, because their artifact weapon looks a lot cooler than the 1h ones of frost DKs for me.

How much stronger does frost DKs feels?

Also, since each class specs has their own artifact quest lines, how easy it is to do all 3 on the same character? I'm hoping I don't need to check 2/3 of them on Youtube.

Lomax

Look, the fact that it's "only for a month on content that doesn't matter" doesn't make some of the class situations at 100 not suck. You don't need to lecture people on that fact because it doesn't change reality. And not everyone plans to buy Legion immediately, should the game just be terrible for them because they don't want to drop $50 right now? I understand why they did what they did, but the fact of the matter is, other than invasions, the game is awful right now, pretty much across the board.

scoobs

I'm not really sure I like unholy DKs, there is something about their spells that feels a bit underwhelming,. I's a shame, because their artifact weapon looks a lot cooler than the 1h ones of frost DKs for me.

How much stronger does frost DKs feels?

Also, since each class specs has their own artifact quest lines, how easy it is to do all 3 on the same character? I'm hoping I don't need to check 2/3 of them on Youtube.
It'll take you a real long time to grind out full artifact power weapons for all 3 specs. Probably at least 8-9 months?

As for unholy, I played a little today and I'm not sure I'm feeling the rotation quite yet. It definitely does a butt load of damage. Frost is mostly obliterate and frost strike spamming, interweaving a talent or two you can pick up to mix the rotation up a bit. Howling blast is now putrid garbage, only used with Rime now. Remorseless winter is the new AOE spell that you should try it keep up as often as possible.

scoobs

Look, the fact that it's "only for a month on content that doesn't matter" doesn't make some of the class situations at 100 not suck. You don't need to lecture people on that fact because it doesn't change reality. And not everyone plans to buy Legion immediately, should the game just be terrible for them because they don't want to drop $50 right now? I understand why they did what they did, but the fact of the matter is, other than invasions, the game is awful right now, pretty much across the board.
Hey man I feel your pain, your opinion is completely valid, however you just have to understand you are in the vast minority here. 99% of the player base is starving for new content and will immediately be playing Legion on release.

And the game is not "awful". Hyperbole much

Bisnic

It'll take you a real long time to grind out full artifact power weapons for all 3 specs. Probably at least 8-9 months?

As for unholy, I played a little today and I'm not sure I'm feeling the rotation quite yet. It definitely does a butt load of damage. Frost is mostly obliterate and frost strike spamming, interweaving a talent or two you can pick up to mix the rotation up a bit. Howling blast is now putrid garbage, only used with Rime now. Remorseless winter is the new AOE spell that you should try it keep up as often as possible.

I was mostly talking about the quests for each artifacts though, don't really care about testing each of their full power. If I can do all 3 of the starter quests rather quickly, that'll be enough for me.

Micapo

I'm leveling a DK through invasions and dungeons atm and was wondering what happens if I accept a dungeon invite during stage 2 or 3 during an invasion.

When the dungeon is finished do I get to continue with the last stages or does it count as complete because I already got some xp for 1 or 2 stages before the dungeon?

I've declined every time because of that sweet easy invasion xp...

Aeana

That's how it's always done, and the point of the prepatch is also to give people an idea of how their class will play and help them determine what they'll choose to play.

I don't see the problem, especially when the WoD content was nerfed anyway.

The whole reason we started this conversation was because people were talking about how they can barely do mythics, or in some cases not keep up with the stuff at all, when they used to do very well in them.

Also, I haven't played WoW seriously since Cataclysm but for the first couple of expansions, they definitely did not weaken everybody before the expansion came out.

scoobs

The whole reason we started this conversation was because people were talking about how they can barely do mythics, or in some cases not keep up with the stuff at all, when they used to do very well in them.

Also, I haven't played WoW seriously since Cataclysm but for the first couple of expansions, they definitely did not weaken everybody before the expansion came out.
If you can barely do mythics at this point it is most definitely not the "nerfed" classes. I'm sorry it's just not.

Aeana

If you can barely do mythics at this point it is most definitely not the "nerfed" classes. I'm sorry it's just not.

I'm not talking about myself. I haven't tried mythics at all since the patch. But for instance, that's a hot topic of conversation particularly with discipline priests right now.

scoobs

I'm not talking about myself. I haven't tried mythics at all since the patch. But for instance, that's a hot topic of conversation particularly with discipline priests right now.
I understand the frustration, I'm sure it's not great when your class is radically changed and you aren't sure why you aren't pumping out the same numbers. But again I'd say that it's just a couple of weeks of frustration to deal with. I promise you won't care when your guild is all leveling to 110 and replacing all their mythic gear with blues from Legion and gearing up for the new raids.

Yes it sucks, but it's just how blizzard has always done pre expansion. Maybe try a new class over the next couple weeks and find something exciting that you like better?

Magnus

Mind a little blown:

uMammtA.jpg

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
It will probably come with reset in 2 hours.
Likely. I wonder if it's going to be all the quests, or if the final quest
where you initiate the move of Dalaran to Broken Isles
will be activated later.

Shahadan

New quest. Not quests.

Don't expect "something to do". And if it's just ulduar this week it'll probably take you 10 minutes max.

carlsojo

The tech they have for these invasions is so impressive. That I can be doing an event on my level 40 alongside all the level 100s is pretty insane. Like is my damage scaling up?

Robin64

The tech they have for these invasions is so impressive. That I can be doing an event on my level 40 alongside all the level 100s is pretty insane. Like is my damage scaling up?

It's the same tech they use for Broken Isles questing, where a level 100 and a level 110 in the same zone will have approximately the same difficulty. As they've described it, the enemies you face are scaled to your level, rather than the player being scaled up or down.

Bisnic

GW2 has been working the same way since the beginning, it's something I really like from the game, so it's great that WoW is following on this. Would be nice if it was the same all across the game one day.

Top Bottom