• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
me and my friend failed spoils. we blew up :/

what did we do wrong?

Did you not hit the levers after the red bar filled up? That's all the encounter is: break boxes, kill the things in the boxes to fill red bar, pull lever when bar is full, repeat.

Micapo

How to level LW/Skinning like a baws(tm)

1) Skinning: north east of your Horde garrison is a small canyon with wolves. They respawn rapidly and are level 90 (insta kill!). Took me 3 days to casually get max skinning here. You may need to move to nagrand for your last 20 odd points.

2) LW: Have all your characters with garrisons spend their garrison resources to buy leather off the Trading Post. Send it to your new Leatherworker. Make blue armor until you're 700. Did this in a day. Should be easier now as you can get thousands of garrison resources off your table per day.

My Druid went to 700/700 in a weekend.

Just went there on my DH. Pretty great spot but there was a lot of competition so I settled for ravagers most of the time.

Still got to 300+ in less than an hour. Is it worth it to continue as 300 was some kind of requirement for legion world profession quests?

cdyhybrid

Just went there on my DH. Pretty great spot but there was a lot of competition so I settled for ravagers most of the time.

Still got to 300+ in less than an hour. Is it worth it to continue as 300 was some kind of requirement for legion world profession quests?
300 is enough to unlock world quests. I don't think there's really any reason to keep going now unless you want to craft WOD stuff that requires higher skill. Your Legion profession progression is through quests.

ampere

After playing the Frozen Throne expansion in preparation for legion I am glad they brought gul'dan back. For such an important villain his death in the normal timeline was really shit. He died in a god forsaken place nobody knew existed, he was also alone and few learnt of his death. Gul'dan is one of the few good things that came out of WoD.

Gul'dan is a good villain. They handled time travel really badly, but I agree it's cool that Gul'dan is involved.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Anyone know of any high level Warriors who make Youtube videos? Like Landsoul but, you know, one that still plays?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is warforged invasion gear new from today? I've gotten like 3 on my DH today, while I never got a single one in the past with my other characters.

Lanrutcon

Is warforged invasion gear new from today? I've gotten like 3 on my DH today, while I never got a single one in the past with my other characters.

Aye. Reported from this morning.

...and maybe they will add titanforged a week before launch? god I hope so.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did you not hit the levers after the red bar filled up? That's all the encounter is: break boxes, kill the things in the boxes to fill red bar, pull lever when bar is full, repeat.

we did not no >_>

easy peasy

BCJU5bc.jpg

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

One time we all collectively forgot to hit the lever on Mythic and wiped.

Zelias

Banned
Got a warforged drop on my level 62 monk. It didn't actually change the item level at all haha.

Edit: Monk, not hunter. Brainfart.

I can't decide if I want to bring my demon hunter to Draenor and do things in Tanaan. On one hand it's nice to have my first character that can be past that but on the other hand there's still some useful things there and there really isn't much to do right now besides invasions.

Micapo

300 is enough to unlock world quests. I don't think there's really any reason to keep going now unless you want to craft WOD stuff that requires higher skill. Your Legion profession progression is through quests.

Got 3 max level characters with trading posts and a lot of garrison resources so I'll start the LW grind and see if I'm missing something. Cheers!

zeemumu

Preordered legion and boosted a mage, and now I'm going around for the portals. I wish someone had warned me about that ancient tome dalaran portal thing.

I can't decide if I want to bring my demon hunter to Draenor and do things in Tanaan. On one hand it's nice to have my first character that can be past that but on the other hand there's still some useful things there and there really isn't much to do right now besides invasions.

Why do Tanaan? Invasions net you better gear in far less time versus Baleful Token farming.

Why do Tanaan? Invasions net you better gear in far less time versus Baleful Token farming.

I meant to say throughout Draenor instead of Tanaan. The various treasures that sell for a decent amount of gold, the apexis event going on that gives enough valor to upgrade something, and then there's reputation I'd like to get maxed out for some tabards I like.

So stupid how tabards still have requirements. Most of them offer no benefit at all so I don't understand what the big deal is.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Hey guys, a couple buddies and I are looking to start up a heroic Garrosh farming group in order to get Tusks of Mannoroth for tmog. If anyone is interested in joining us, let me know, this will be an ongoing group where I'll add you to bnet friends and we'll try to set dates to power farm lots of runs (i.e. just go through 50-60 kills on a Saturday or Sunday).

So here's how this works:
1) My buddy has a raid lockout just after Paragons on an alt that we load up before every run (heroic SOO).
2) Run in, kill Garrosh fast, run out. Create new raid group with the alt so Garrosh respawns. Rinse and repeat. The reason this works is because you can bonus roll on every Garrosh kill and you can farm tons of bonus rolls easily on Timeless Isle.
3) This is going to be a heavy time commitment, so you really gotta want those Tusks of Mannoroth for transmog if you want to join in. On average, it takes a couple hundred kills to bonus roll Tusks.

So again, if anyone is interested in joining our little ongoing Tusks power farm group, just quote this message or shoot me a PM with your bnet ID and I'll add you. Hoping to get a solid group of at least 5-10 guys that really want them sexy ass Tusks so we can just powerfarm quickly and efficiently together. Lemme know if you got any questions. We'll probably also organize a frog farming party before we actually start farming Garrosh so everyone can quickly get a bunch of coins that can be turned into warforged seals (the bonus rolls that allow this kind of powerfarm to happen).

We are US, Horde btw (sorry alliance/euros).

Savitar

In my day people talked to you before tossing you an invite, now it's reversed with the usual invite and standard invite speech everyone gets.

Feh.

Oh and Blizzard hotfixed something and now items you get in chest has a chance to be warforged giving you ilevel 710 items.

Zelias

Banned
The invasion chest items can warforge at lower character levels too. I got legs that are more powerful than my heirloom legs. Obviously without the XP bonus they're still inferior, but hey, good for people without looms I guess.

I decided to make a Demon Hunter to give me more raid mount chances and use my level 100 boost for another alt to try for raid mounts. Some impressions:

Demon Hunter - Neat. And I definitely like vengeance more than havoc. I wish the big leaping pounce thing had a shorter cooldown for the charges. Halve the damage and cooldown and that would be great for getting around. The damage it does at a lower ilvl than my main shaman is silly and fights went super quickly in the old raids. I doubt I'm using abilities and talents most efficiently but I like this class and will definitely level it to 110 after my main to continue using it for mount chances. I was able to do enough damage to have no trouble doing 25m heroic DS which was a nice change over my shaman's usual 10m heroic runs.

Druid - Started as feral but changed to guardian. Cat felt too squishy but bear damage feels quite low. To be fair it's around 30-40 ilvl lower than the Demon Hunter and Shaman I used prior but it still got through fights easily enough. I really like how good it is at AoE. Rotation seems extremely basic and I guess maim is the only attack to spend rage on and otherwise it's used for defensive stuff? As far as I can tell I mostly just thrash to build stacks, mangle when cooldown is up, moonfire to keep that DoT up, and then just mash swipe and maim when the rest is on cooldown? I suppose it's really not too much different than my shaman but I just feel weird always being maxed on rage. That likely has to do with not needing the defensive rage spenders in old raids.

I decided to make a Demon Hunter to give me more raid mount chances and use my level 100 boost for another alt to try for raid mounts. Some impressions:

Demon Hunter - Neat. And I definitely like vengeance more than havoc. I wish the big leaping pounce thing had a shorter cooldown for the charges. Halve the damage and cooldown and that would be great for getting around. The damage it does at a lower ilvl than my main shaman is silly and fights went super quickly in the old raids. I doubt I'm using abilities and talents most efficiently but I like this class and will definitely level it to 110 after my main to continue using it for mount chances. I was able to do enough damage to have no trouble doing 25m heroic DS which was a nice change over my shaman's usual 10m heroic runs.

Druid - Started as feral but changed to guardian. Cat felt too squishy but bear damage feels quite low. To be fair it's around 30-40 ilvl lower than the Demon Hunter and Shaman I used prior but it still got through fights easily enough. I really like how good it is at AoE. Rotation seems extremely basic and I guess maim is the only attack to spend rage on and otherwise it's used for defensive stuff? As far as I can tell I mostly just thrash to build stacks, mangle when cooldown is up, moonfire to keep that DoT up, and then just mash swipe and maim when the rest is on cooldown? I suppose it's really not too much different than my shaman but I just feel weird always being maxed on rage. That likely has to do with not needing the defensive rage spenders in old raids.

You can already talent into a lower CD on the Vengeance leap - it's the first or second row. It's ridiculously low as is compared to a lot of other mobility. Being even lower would be way more overpowered than it already is.

You can already talent into a lower CD on the Vengeance leap - it's the first or second row. It's ridiculously low as is compared to a lot of other mobility. Being even lower would be way more overpowered than it already is.

It's 20 seconds per charge. I guess I'm comparing it to things that are toggle increases, like ghost wolf on shaman and cat form on druid, and a leap every 20 seconds seems slow to me.

The talent takes it to 15 but that doesn't seem low enough to make it worth it. I suppose if I consider that it's a good bit of damage maybe I should consider changing to that talent but I mostly looked at it as a means of movement. To be honest I had forgotten that the talent I picked was the immolation one that does boost movement speed so I only started using that the last 5-10 minutes of the final raid I was cleaning up on my DH. Using that more does speed up mobility.

I just like the look of the leap and want to use it more, heh.

vocab

Alright so they removed the Ilvl requirement from Trial of the champion. And its fucking impossible as disc. Attonement has healed your target for 168-500. Tanks getting hit for 10k/dps getting destroyed. Shadowmend doesnt do fuck all. radiance doesnt do shit. Fucking bliz.

Fjordson

God unholy DK is so fun...in the spawn of a few weeks I've gone from Warrior to Mage to Rogue and now DK but I can't see anything usurping him as my main for Legion.

Top Bottom