• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Skab

Man, the music in Shatt makes me feel things.

Also are Dread Infiltrator an actual rare spawn or am i just dumb? Ive seen maybe two in all the invasions I've done.

I want the toy :(

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
RIP Hunters casting something for focus.

If they were gonna take that away from BM, they could have at least kept it for MM.

cDQTJmV.png

this is the only cata tier set i even like outside of molten giant, honestly

TheYanger

Why would level 100 dungeons be tuned for 110?

I think they meant the frost dk gameplay. Either way, frost should be fine in a dungeon, the thing is you NEED Frostscythe. If you're not using it you're wrong. And Frost sucks. So there's many factors. The artifact doesn't exactly fix it.

My experience tanking is fairly limited but I find Vengeance Demon Hunter a lot less forgiving than Protection Warrior. Or maybe a better way to phrase it would be: because of Ignore Pain, Prot just seems like a better spec/class to cut your teeth on when learning the role.

cdyhybrid

My experience tanking is fairly limited but I find Vengeance Demon Hunter a lot less forgiving than Protection Warrior. Or maybe a better way to phrase it would be: because of Ignore Pain, Prot just seems like a better spec/class to cut your teeth on when learning the role.

Ignore Pain is quite strong at 100, and Vengeance is pretty squishy (especially without most of their talents and their artifact).

I hate to be a begged but does anyone here have a month of game time they could give me? Im considering purchasing Legion but kind of want to dabble my toes in the water again to see if I'm gripped before I go all in. I'd really appreciate it.

Lomax

I hate to be a begged but does anyone here have a month of game time they could give me? Im considering purchasing Legion but kind of want to dabble my toes in the water again to see if I'm gripped before I go all in. I'd really appreciate it.

Tokens can't be traded if that's what you're asking for. Otherwise you're basically just asking someone for $15. If you haven't played in a while just log in your battle.net account, you can probably activate a week of free time. Or just log on and create a new character and go do invasions at level 10, that's basically what most people are doing right now even at max level. You can play up to level 20 even without a sub.

TheYanger

frost is amazing, what are you talking about? it's so satisfying to play

Unless you derive satisfaction from doing great, sure. I mean it's not going to do 0 dps, there are stiuations it's quite strong in, dungeons it should be fine, but it's still not a great spec. And again it's HEAVILY talent dependent just to hit that point.

biaxident

Been trying to test out boomkin some more, but it's really hard to judge without their artifact. The moon system is a pretty big thing for the whole rotation and enables fury of elune to actually be a possibility.

With a spec like frost DK you basically know your exact rotation right now so that's pretty easy to judge. Now at 110, how far behind is frost compared to unholy? Is it something like 5% or is it pretty major at like 15% lower?

Rixxan

What would you guys recommend as the best course of action to have some fun in old raids and maybe get a few mounts along the way? it's me and two other buddies, rogue lock priest

We did glory to the icecrown raider and glory to the firelands raider, was thinking about trying some MOP raids but feel like they'll be too hard, no?

Edit: also saw a few cata/mop achievements that looked like a huge laundry list, prolly want to stay away from something that's a bit too crazy an undertaking over the next couple weeks until legion

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I love my Frost DK

Ignore Pain is quite strong at 100, and Vengeance is pretty squishy (especially without most of their talents and their artifact).

I can see how Vengeance could potentially be a lot of fun. On some of the weaker invasion trash you've got some pretty good sustain, you can even sort of ignore some of the world boss AoE's, like Shadow Nova. I just wish the Vengeance metamorphosis form was permanent so I didn't look like, you know, a Blood Elf.

cdyhybrid

I can see how Vengeance could potentially be a lot of fun. On some of the weaker invasion trash you've got some pretty good sustain, you can even sort of ignore some of the world boss AoE's, like Shadow Nova. I just wish the Vengeance metamorphosis form was permanent so I didn't look like, you know, a Blood Elf.

There's an artifact trait that causes you to have a chance to enter Meta each time you consume a Soul Frag.

Edit: Clarity

grimmiq

Finally gave in and jumping in yet again for another expansion, haven't played since January last year..

So a couple of questions.

I'm from AUS, not sure which server I should play on and if I should bother switching out, currently on Gundrak, but I vaguely remember a lot of hate towards this server (Like really bad, when someone from another server saw Gundrak they'd just start spamming abusive bullshit) Any decent oceanic servers(or GAF guilds) for horde?

Checking my characters I have my 100 druid, 90 Paladin (I think this is who I boosted with WoD), 93 DK, and now 98DH..What class would be a good choice to boost to 100 this time around? I have no clue which classes/builds have been nerfed into the ground over the last year and a half.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Frost DK feels so brutal
Remorseless Winter is my favorite. Wrapping yourself in a storm of ice

as you run up and slice things up with your frosty blades.

This whole "class fantasy" term they've been throwing around fits really well here. You feel like a spellsword class. I looooove it.

ampere

Frost DK definitely has a strong fantasy, but balance at 110 remains to be seen. I'm expecting Blizzard will struggle a bit trying to balance classes while accounting for different levels of player skill, gear, artifact level, and legendaries. It might end up being a huge mess lol

Like cdy said it's not tuned well at 100, but even at 110 Vengeance is going to be spikier than a block tank with absorbs

I'm sticking with Brewmaster regardless of what tuning happens, never going to deal with main swapping again. Too much catch up for someone who does completionist type stuff

Maddrical

Playing for the last couple of weeks and doing invasions recently is probably the most fun I've had in WoW since WOTLK. To be fair, I haven't played much at all since (a bit of Cata, zero MoP and only the start of WoD) but sheesh it's fun. Not sure if it's the Legion hype or how much I'm enjoying Survival Hunter. Bit disappointed in MM Hunter, I much preferred WoD MM but Survival is super fun.

What's the deal with glyphs/inscription nowadays? I can't find the old glyphs tab and I'm a little confused. Thinking of using my 100 boost on my old Vanilla->WOTLK Warlock who was an inscripter.

scoobs

Why would level 100 dungeons be tuned for 110?

Not at all what I was saying. The guy was complaining about his frost DK dps during pre-patch. The classes are tuned with level 110 in mind, and more importantly, using an artifact weapon.

To judge the DPS of a class during pre-patch, without your artifact weapon (which is a massive source of your classes power now), is kind of silly.

People freak out every time a pre-expansion patch is released and tuning is off, like... can we not wait for the expansion to come out before we call every class shit?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cooler spellsword class fantasy in Legion
crashLightning.jpg

I'm sticking with Brewmaster regardless of what tuning happens, never going to deal with main swapping again. Too much catch up for someone who does completionist type stuff

kind of the same way. unless they added a new ranged class(lol yeah right more melee) i don't want to lose my challengers paths, my archeology achievement progresses, my reputations and all attached to my shaman

Ark

Now that they've changed the cross realm addons, farming Zandalari Warbringers is fucking impossible. I jump on WoW before work for 15 minutes and there're still like 5 people camping each spawn?! Who the fuck are these people!

I fucking hate CRZ so much.

EDIT: Does anyone know what the respawn time is on the Warbringers? I'm losing my mind trying to get these three mounts.

Aeana

Not at all what I was saying. The guy was complaining about his frost DK dps during pre-patch. The classes are tuned with level 110 in mind, and more importantly, using an artifact weapon.

To judge the DPS of a class during pre-patch, without your artifact weapon (which is a massive source of your classes power now), is kind of silly.

People freak out every time a pre-expansion patch is released and tuning is off, like... can we not wait for the expansion to come out before we call every class shit?

If the class changes aren't ready to be used before the expansion, perhaps they shouldn't have been included in the patch. I don't see how it's unreasonable to complain when you're paying to play a game and your effectiveness went down with no way to remedy it for a month.

cdyhybrid

Now that they've changed the cross realm addons, farming Zandalari Warbringers is fucking impossible. I jump on WoW before work for 15 minutes and there're still like 5 people camping each spawn?! Who the fuck are these people!

I fucking hate CRZ so much.

EDIT: Does anyone know what the respawn time is on the Warbringers? I'm losing my mind trying to get these three mounts.

Pretty sure anyone can tag them now and get loot.

If the class changes aren't ready to be used before the expansion, perhaps they shouldn't have been included in the patch. I don't see how it's unreasonable to complain when you're paying to play a game and your effectiveness went down with no way to remedy it for a month.

The argument would be that this month is ultimately meaningless in the grand scheme of things - the "current" end-game content is over a year old. In addition, the month lets you acclimate to the class changes as well as letting Blizzard work out any kinks with the changes to the game systems before the crush of players returning to expansion content.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

It would be a huge waste of memory to have the old specs and the old talents sitting in the game and waiting to flip the switch on the new specs until release day.

It's pre-patch. None of this matters.

Eklipsis

I thought I would run Black Temple on my demon hunter now that I bought the Legin expansion, I figure might have some cool demon hunter style of armor. First run....I get the warglavie!!! Not sure why I got excited I can't transmog it can I?

Negator

The hardest content got nerfed really hard by about 30-40%, so it's really not a big deal as player power is more than good enough for the current content. Some classes have a few pieces missing, sure, but by the time we will need these missing pieces we will have them available to us. I'm glad we get a month to mess around with the new stuff to get us ready, the expansion is already really close.

scoobs

Pretty sure anyone can tag them now and get loot.

The argument would be that this month is ultimately meaningless in the grand scheme of things - the "current" end-game content is over a year old. In addition, the month lets you acclimate to the class changes as well as letting Blizzard work out any kinks with the changes to the game systems before the crush of players returning to expansion content.
What he said. If people are still doing progression right now, I can feel your pain but honestly it won't matter in a couple of weeks as we'll all be leveling to 110 and it will be old news.

I mostly PVP, and frost DK continues to be a walking damage bot only with much more flavor now. I am thrilled with the changes to the class so far, it feels much more ... frosty. If the class sucks in PVE as some are fearing, buffs will surely come. Hang in there my DK brethren.

This week I'm going to try out Unholy and see if I can have any fun with it. I do enjoy the idea of summoning tons of ghouls and shit, so it would be fun to roll Unholy in the expansion. I don't particularly like dealing with trying to control the pets though, always feels clunky to me.

I thought I would run Black Temple on my demon hunter now that I bought the Legin expansion, I figure might have some cool demon hunter style of armor. First run....I get the warglavie!!! Not sure why I got excited I can't transmog it can I?

Firstly, I hate you. Second, no you cannot.

been trying to get them on my Rogue for 2 months now, not a single drop

Repo Man

Mixing up invasions with questing really speeds up levelling an alt, which is good since I'm on a mission to level up my shammy to 100 this week.

Robin64

Before Invasions I had two level 100s, now I have six with another getting close.

All those wonderful artifact quests.. ;_;

Top Bottom