• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Am I the only one suffering from alt character crisis the closer to release we get?

Thank god my main (spriest) looks and plays great..

I wonder what % of hunters that will be survival. 05%?:p Did not enjoy it a bit (or any other hunter spec eighter)

Aeana

Am I the only one suffering from alt character crisis the closer to release we get?

I wonder what % of hunters that will be survival. 05%?:p Did not enjoy it a bit (or any other hunter spec eighter)
I can't decide between holy priest, disc priest, mistweaver monk, or restoration druid.

carlsojo

Yeah I have one of everything now and it's hard to pick a main. As of right now I'm leaning towards my Shadow Priest because they're fun as hell.

DKs artifacts and class story sounds fucking awesome.

Outlaw is awesome and I love their class hall.

Fire Mage is awesome.

Love Paladins, their class hall, and hanging out with Liadrin.

Shaman I love playing all three of their specs.

So hard to choose :/

ampere

The whole reason we started this conversation was because people were talking about how they can barely do mythics, or in some cases not keep up with the stuff at all, when they used to do very well in them.

Also, I haven't played WoW seriously since Cataclysm but for the first couple of expansions, they definitely did not weaken everybody before the expansion came out.

You're right, because usually the pre-patch makes everyone stronger.

Really what happened is Blizzard didn't do their due diligence and properly internally test the level 100 content. Should have had applicable nerfs/buffs ready

ebil

I can't decide between holy priest, disc priest, mistweaver monk, or restoration druid.
I'm pretty much in the same boat, except replace mistweaver with holy paladin.

At the moment I'm leaning towards priest because all 3 specs are fun to me. I'm obviously more into healing but being able to dabble with DPSing on a fun class every now and then is appealing to me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
heard there was a mount from the shadowmourne quest, started it, got to the putricide part (after wasting 4k on 25 saronites from the justice vendor), it needs two people >_>

and then I read the blood queen part needs more people. Welp, cba

Im ruling out MW couse standing with melee sucks, and disc for needing mobs to attack to reach full potential. Atleast when it comes to pve, I prefer being a healer focused on just healing and not the uncomfortable target enemy switches.

For my healer ive worked myself down to resto shaman or resto druid, but main stuggle is the urge of making my shaman an enhancement instead.

Rizzi

Do you want to raid?

If so, Mage is a much, much safer bet. Even down the road when Blizzard gets bored of their DH spotlight.

Never been much for raiding. The most I've ever done current content was the first few bosses right at the beginning of Highmaul before I quit playing.

Azzurri

Shit guys, it's 2 weeks away and I can't decide on my main 😞

It's between Mage, rogue and hunter. I've always played ranged classes be it magic or non magic, but rogue is a lot of fun especially outlaw in pvp. As with hunter I like their mobility and them being ranged (not sv) and their kitting is probably the best of the ranged. Mage is good too with their nukes and pretty good mobility, but the uptime Melee has is crazy and makes it harder to play in pvp. The gap closers Melee have are crazy and having to cast most of your spells really hurts.

Apathy

With how much melee already exists and adding dh to that, it's a weird choice to make one hunter spec melee as well. Unless survival significant out dps's the other two specs, I doubt it'll find a home in raiding guilds as you give up so much utility to to melee.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Honestly, after tanking on my DH... yeah I kinda want to switch up to it. But there are two people in my already small guild that refuse to play anything else and I'm just expected to stick with my Shaman.

I'll probably stick with it anyways

FeD.nL

My main is going to be my Blood DK
My healer Resto Druid
Dps either Enhancement shaman, Ret pally, or DH depending how they are at 110.

Zelias

Banned
My main is probably gonna remain DK. Interested in trying out Unholy though as it's just better than Frost at the moment, even though I vastly prefer the fantasy of Frost.

Rafy

Shit guys, it's 2 weeks away and I can't decide on my main 😞

It's between Mage, rogue and hunter. I've always played ranged classes be it magic or non magic, but rogue is a lot of fun especially outlaw in pvp. As with hunter I like their mobility and them being ranged (not sv) and their kitting is probably the best of the ranged. Mage is good too with their nukes and pretty good mobility, but the uptime Melee has is crazy and makes it harder to play in pvp. The gap closers Melee have are crazy and having to cast most of your spells really hurts.

As someone who played as Mage for most of my WoW "career" I can tell you they are fun to play. I started with Frost 5 or so years ago and switched to fire for Legion and they have a fun rotation.

Tacitus_

With how much melee already exists and adding dh to that, it's a weird choice to make one hunter spec melee as well. Unless survival significant out dps's the other two specs, I doubt it'll find a home in raiding guilds as you give up so much utility to to melee.

Actual, intended melee hunters though. It was a meme in vanilla and now they actually did it.

I'm sticking with my warlock for main character. Casters always seem to be in demand for raid groups!

Got my Death Knight, Demon Hunter and Warrior at 100 also so i'll probably look into levelling them up over the course of the expansion.

Robin64

Oooh...

PIXVSRY.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Based on the DPS from beta and their playstyle, I"m still convinced Survival Hunter won't 'survive' Legion.

There's just zero reason for it. Even worse than Gladiator. No one's going to want it for their team, and switching to viable spec is a button away. A ranged rogue would have made more sense.

YES liking them buffs
Light of the Protector and Hand of the Protector now heal for 35% of missing health (was 25%).
Bulwark of Order now grants an absorb for 40% of the damage done (was 20%).

Apathy

Actual, intended melee hunters though. It was a meme in vanilla and now they actually did it.

Oh I'm fully aware, but even vanilla survival was ranged with traps but could defend itself with melee. Hell the other specs had access to mongoose bite and raptor strike too. But to go full on melee was a dumb decision as it removed the benefits of ranged while at the same time adding it to a pool of melee that grew with another new (read: going to be super popular) class. Melee get fucked all the time in raiding and this does not help.

Tacitus_

Oh I'm fully aware, but even vanilla survival was ranged with traps but could defend itself with melee. Hell the other specs had access to mongoose bite and raptor strike too. But to go full on melee was a dumb decision as it removed the benefits of ranged while at the same time adding it to a pool of melee that grew with another new (read: going to be super popular) class. Melee get fucked all the time in raiding and this does not help.

On a larger, meta level, sure it's a dumb decision. But it's funny as hell.

As a concept melee hunter is pretty cool, I liked that class in Warhammer Online too. But just making survival melee feels like the wrong way to do it.

Apathy

Ha! I just noticed that myself last night. A friend I was playing with explained to me it wasn't like that pre-Cataclysm. The Goblins made it like that.

The explanation us that the goblins when they were accepted into the horde to show their thanks and support used their explosive expertise to do that as a gift for garrosh.

BTW, I'm still perplexed on why the legion pre order didn't give any bonus item for hearthstone.

Lanrutcon

next WoW expansion be like 'we added blademaster and we changed arcane mage to be a melee caster'

It's time Blizzard stop adding melee classes.

First they add a dual wielding/2h plate melee class, then they add a dual wielding/2h leather melee class. Then they add another dual wielding leather melee class.

Like. Stop.

Robin64

The next class needs to be a) ranged and b) mail wearing.

Maybe magic based to move it away from hunter. I dunno, what other magics does WoW have to throw around that we don't throw around yet?

Edit: Guess we could pick something from Chronicles.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Necromancer seems like the likely next class added with the perceived assumption that we'll be fighting the Lich King/Sylvannas/some zombie again in the next expansion but i'd be surprised if we get another class immediately. Unholy would get Demo Warlock'd.

If you want a mail class, Tinkerer could fill that role.A ranged spec, a tank spec, a healing spec are all viable with that kind of kit. Make it Goblin/Gnome exclusive.
Spellbreakers please. :(

Spellbreakers are melee

Repo Man

Nope... still hate Cata content...

I remember when TBC came and first it was great to have new stuff, then came the blues, then came WotLK and after a while TBC didn't seem so bad. The cycle repeated itself with WotLK where there were signs of burnouts at the end but it was still kinda cool. Cata came, I thought it was shit then and sure enough its shit now. I love Pandaria and still enjoy going through it a lot, I even like WoD questing minus all the Garrison stuff thats been talked to death and I quite look forward to Legion but I hope it doesn't have too much "Fel" as in theres only so much green shit you can handle.

Cataclysm however, still remains a massive lowpoint in the history of WoW for me and I've been playing on and off since the EU open beta of vanilla. The shit in Cata they did was just so frustrating, phasing everywhere, bad cutscenes, cringy voice overs, almost saw 2 guilds fold ( left my original guild due to "reasons" to join a different one for some fresh perspective. Long story, many drama...).

Now when I do Cata stuff on an alt, it all just feels like it gets worse each frikkin time! The old world revamp was welcome and needed but the whole thing about wrecking up almost all the zones was stupid. As if people of azeroth can't rebuild, they only just recently rebuilt Stormwind, havent checked Orgrimmar yet. A lot of it felt like some kinda of commentary or mirroring on things that were occuring in the real world at the time with the recession and general feel of unhappyness, uncertainty and gloom. The whole point of playing WoW for me is to escape that miserable shit to a degree so the fact that I had to deal with it in my escapism just put me off and I think that sensation still lingers on even today.

TLDR: FUCK CATACLYSM!

/endrant, just felt like venting before the expansion.

scoobs

Necromancer makes no sense given unholy DK already filling that role. But I didn't think demon hunter made much sense either so who knows

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Necromancer makes no sense given unholy DK already filling that role. But I didn't think demon hunter made much sense either so who knows

yeah sorry but demon hunter existing completely throws all rules out the window for new classes now

shit, windwalker already kind of did that and demon hunter extra compounds on it

Apathy

Necromancer seems like the likely next class added with the perceived assumption that we'll be fighting the Lich King/Sylvannas/some zombie again in the next expansion but i'd be surprised if we get another class immediately. Unholy would get Demo Warlock'd.

If you want a mail class, Tinkerer could fill that role.A ranged spec, a tank spec, a healing spec are all viable with that kind of kit. Make it Goblin/Gnome exclusive.

Spellbreakers are melee

Had not thought about tinkerer/bombardier something only gnomes/goblins could be and they get one of those mechs that gelbin has

Top Bottom