• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

tmespe

Did the buffed exp received at every phase completion of the invasions get toned down? I was getting 80/100k yesterday (after the heirloom +exp factored in) while I'm getting 21k/42k today.

Yeah, it's half now. Just did a new one on my level 63 Priest and got 19700, vs 39400.

Edit: That's for last phase.

Aeana

Well, you now have 3 invasions every 2 hours. If the individual invasion exp was halved, then it works out...

Say you did 2 invasions for 200k apiece every 4 hours. That's 400k exp in a 4 hour period.
Now you do 3 invasions for 100k apiece every 2 hours. That's 600k in a 4 hour period.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something here.

Just hit 68 this morning before work... So if invasion XP is nerfed that probably means the standard dungeon queueing with questing while waiting is faster for leveling?

I guess that's fine, since I just now got past BC. I'm now into content I've never experienced so hopefully leveling won't feel so bland past this point. I just want to reach 100 before Legion!

Micapo

Well, you now have 3 invasions every 2 hours. If the individual invasion exp was halved, then it works out...

Say you did 2 invasions for 200k apiece every 4 hours. That's 400k exp in a 4 hour period.
Now you do 3 invasions for 100k apiece every 2 hours. That's 600k in a 4 hour period.

That seems abour right. I guess the problem is you need to log in more often and if you have low level alts without flying then some invasions in alliance/horde locations (depending on faction) is very difficult to get to.

Not much change from what it was except you need to log in more and travel more. It's still pretty damn great for leveling alts tbh

Lain

1 invasion, 4 phases, would reward me around 400k with heirlooms (level 90+). That was about almost a level.
Now 1 invasions rewarded me 150k total.
Even with 3 invasions up, that's a total of 450k vs 800ish k before.

Oh, it's 2 hours now? Then I guess it comes off on top at 900ish k.

that's how i'm understanding it too

you come out ahead this way but it requires you to fly around more. not a big deal

are they still 4 waves long with the same objectives?

Aeana

1 invasion, 4 phases, would reward me around 400k with heirlooms (level 90+). That was about almost a level.
Now 1 invasions rewarded me 150k total.
Even with 3 invasions up, that's a total of 450k vs 800ish k before.

Oh, it's 2 hours now? Then I guess it comes off on top at 900ish k.

I see, so it's not exactly halved. It does seem like it still works out to be better, though. You just have to engage more, which I can see is a nerf for people who could have played for 30 mins every 4 hours before but can't play any more frequently now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I take it after you get the gloves you are done with the new quest? just seems to be random mobs attacking but no "point" to it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought the quest itself was fine, dont get me wrong, I just wanted to make sure there was nothing else :)

Magnus

This week's quests were disappointingly short. Very cool to go back to old locales and revisit characters from the past, but yeah...that's it? :(

carlsojo

This is kind of weird. When I mouse over Azshara it says I get 30k exp total, but when I mouse over Tanaris and N. Barrens it says I get 60k total. Maybe the nerf is only to one zone of the three? (I'm level 69 for reference.)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I wonder what has more viability, Enhancement or Unholy. Lust, Earthgrab strong Single Target, stun, speed totem and solid AOE vs Double Grip, BRez, strong AOE and solid single target

How is grip performing in Night Hold/Emerald Dream on beta? I keep having this suspicious they're going to make every mob immune to grip eventually.

Both are more than viable in PvE. Unholy in particular is one of the strongest specs atm.

Zelias

Banned
This is kind of weird. When I mouse over Azshara it says I get 30k exp total, but when I mouse over Tanaris and N. Barrens it says I get 60k total. Maybe the nerf is only to one zone of the three? (I'm level 69 for reference.)
I just logged in on my Shaman and all three zones are giving me the same XP amount.= when I mouse over them.

Fjordson

Unholy seems solid from almost every angle. Only con I could see is mobility. They don't really have anything outside of wraith walk.

Peachpies

I see, so it's not exactly halved. It does seem like it still works out to be better, though. You just have to engage more, which I can see is a nerf for people who could have played for 30 mins every 4 hours before but can't play any more frequently now.
The thing is you don't have to engage at all. You get the same amount of exp if you are afk or if you are trying to help. Now if you are actually playing instead of afking it is better to go somewhere else and do some quests or dungeons.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Invasions not worth it at all now, Blizzard must have seen a drop in Character Boost sales.

Rhaknar

AFKing invasions still nets you the chests tho, just did it while I had some dinner

I imagine we're going to reach a point soon where the only people left doing invasions are people afking. Which means they're going to take forever.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So if I understood this correctly. The XP from a single invasion was nerfed but since there is one more invasion available and they reset in half the time so overall you will get more XP.

Works for me, only have my Shaman left to lvl up and he's already at 74.

Hixx

At level 88:

20k XP from Stage 1 (was 70K+ pre-nerf)
Stage 2: 38497 XP (was around 100k)

So Stage 1 alone was worth more than both combined now.

Not sure it's worth it from a time PoV. From effort, sure still worth it. Maybe not right now though, people doing the new quest means this Stage 3 in particular is taking forever. I've been killing stuff for at least 15 minutes and there's still 25% to go :((

Entropia

No One Remembers
So if I understood this correctly. The XP from a single invasion was nerfed but since there is one more invasion available and they reset in half the time so overall you will get more XP.

Works for me, only have my Shaman left to lvl up and he's already at 74.

Yeah, you ultimately get more XP because invasions spawn quicker and there's one more up.

I guess people want more instant gratification, of course.

Well the invasion exp was good while it lasted. Managed to get 2 characters above level 60 and 5 characters to the 40s and 50s. I'll probably still be afking for exp just to get them above 60.

I couldn't get to every invasion before and still can't yet without 60 but even if I net a little less free exp/levels overall from individual invasions, it's still free exp/levels and I should be able to get to more of them more frequently, hopefully. I'd like to get this monk to 80 at least, I can handle doing the questing and dungeon content from there. Even if I end up just bypassing Vanilla, that's still pretty ace.

I've leveled and played WW and MW on an Alli toon, so this is my first time trying out Brew leveling a Horde monk. It's a pretty fun spec, even at low-levels, but I find that's true of Monk in general. I dig the class fantasy.

Aeana

The thing is you don't have to engage at all. You get the same amount of exp if you are afk or if you are trying to help. Now if you are actually playing instead of afking it is better to go somewhere else and do some quests or dungeons.

When I say 'engage' I mean like, control your character or even log in. Before, you had to log in and go to two invasions every 4 hours. Now you have to log in and go to three invasions every 4 hours. Moreso if you were trying to get all of your alts to all invasions.

Clearos

Friends are trying to get me back into WoW but I have been out of the loop for at least 4 years.

I' play GW2 and the combat engine is what made me really enjoy the game. I enjoy a thief due to the mobility and enjoyed tanking back in my wow days. So curious what classes I should look into; from the video my friend sent it seems Demon Hunter would be to my liking, I heard Monk has a fluid game play, and I really enjoyed DK 4 years ago so I think that would be my 3 classes to look at.

Only asking the question because my old account was hacked a log time ago so I would be buying the battlechest and expansion and rather not make that investment if the combat is going to feel sluggish.

Sarek

Before this hotfix on my lvl 90+ hunter the first three stages all gave about 90k xp each, and the final about 130k. Total about 400k. Now I got 22k for the first stage, 45k for the second, 33k for the third, and 67k for the final stage. So about 167k total.

solaaire

Neo Member
So is the new Dalaran chain supposed to end when you receive the gloves? Feels like an awkward place to leave things for next week.

Friends are trying to get me back into WoW but I have been out of the loop for at least 4 years.

I' play GW2 and the combat engine is what made me really enjoy the game. I enjoy a thief due to the mobility and enjoyed tanking back in my wow days. So curious what classes I should look into; from the video my friend sent it seems Demon Hunter would be to my liking, I heard Monk has a fluid game play, and I really enjoyed DK 4 years ago so I think that would be my 3 classes to look at.

Only asking the question because my old account was hacked a log time ago so I would be buying the battlechest and expansion and rather not make that investment if the combat is going to feel sluggish.

A lot of classes and specs have been significantly reworked with new abilities and animations. For example warriors combat animation looked pretty plain in WoD look so damned flash now in Legion. Monks are super mobile and a lot of fun to play as well. Create a new b.net account if you can't retrieve your old one and you can play classes up to 20 for free, you can see if low level warrior or monk tickle your fancy.

For Demon hunters you need to have a level 70 toon on a server to make one, but you get a boost when you buy Legion, so you'll have a 100 in short order if you want.

strange decision also to let your lower level guys collect shards but not actually turn them in anywhere

my hunter has like 300 shards but I can't use em. might as well start AFKing on him since there's no point in farming

this is how this shit starts

Rhaknar

strange decision also to let your lower level guys collect shards but not actually turn them in anywhere

my hunter has like 300 shards but I can't use em. might as well start AFKing on him since there's no point in farming

this is how this shit starts

you can turn them in at the vendors in each invasion zone

Top Bottom