• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

strange decision also to let your lower level guys collect shards but not actually turn them in anywhere

my hunter has like 300 shards but I can't use em. might as well start AFKing on him since there's no point in farming

this is how this shit starts

The shard merchant isn't available in your capitol city until 100 but the invasion site ones are. You can't even buy stuff from them?

Honestly though unless being able to AFK is the main thing for you, you are probably better off running dungeons at early levels, and then doing bonus objectives / treasures in WoD.

It's worthwhile to do both honestly, you get lots of exp from invasions and the chest contents vendor for pretty decent gold.

Zelias

Banned
Honestly though unless being able to AFK is the main thing for you, you are probably better off running dungeons at early levels, and then doing bonus objectives / treasures in WoD.
Pretty much. At least when I'm not doing other stuff I'll just dungeon spam on these alts now, at least until Draenor.

Jag

Demon Hunter is the most GW2-feeling class, I would say. It has some of the mobility you'll miss coming from GW2 to WoW.

I keep hitting spacebar-spacebar on my other classes. Wish engineers could pop a parachute like the DH wings. It's the most fun since the Nelf flippy.

Robin64

Also the Invasions already feel like they're going slower, especially stage 3, with the huge amount of people AFKing at the sides.

I wish faction rep bags were heirlooms. Like once you got exalted with a faction, you unlock the ability to make them on all of your toons like heirlooms.

Also the Invasions already feel like they're going slower, especially stage 3, with the huge amount of people AFKing at the sides.

I try to do them as a low-level monk but Stage 3 is kind of un-doable when you're too low-level. The scaling doesn't seem to apply to some of the bigger attacks and you get one-shot a lot.

Sölf

I did like the small questchain, but it lacked a boss. The Inquisitor in Ulduar was neat, but it wasn't really a boss. His new mechanic was annoying as a melee. I will hate that one on random/named mobs so much. xD

That aside, the nerf makes me sad. Will still do them. I just kill Abyssals, Infernals and Dread Devastators instead of bosses. Those do give nice EXP while I can reap in the exp from completed steps.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
fairly notable

Yeah, the survival buff seems nice. They added a couple seconds onto the mongoose buff too, so that combined with the mastery buff should get folks consistently higher max mongoose stacks.

Does using the Legion Lvl 100 character boost open up flight paths and stuff for areas below level 100? Does it give you some basic 100 gear as well?

I'm tempted to go ahead and use it since I never make more than 1 character in MMO's, but I want to know just how disoriented I will be if I suddenly go from 68 to 100.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Does using the Legion Lvl 100 character boost open up flight paths and stuff for areas below level 100? Does it give you some basic 100 gear as well?

I'm tempted to go ahead and use it since I never make more than 1 character in MMO's, but I want to know just how disoriented I will be if I suddenly go from 68 to 100.
Yeah gives you all flight paths bar rep ones, and a set of 100 gear.

M.D

I really need to buy Legion already and make that Demon Hunter.
Farming old Cata raids will be going so much faster

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm not playing Legion until they fix the Tortos cinematic.

priorities_logo.jpg

Zelias

Banned
Well that's misleading. Definitely a significant loss if you're trying to level more than 1 alt.

I look forward to next week when we have to do 18 invasions for a "net increase in XP/hour"
Good point. I was levelling 4 characters so... yeah, this is a definite nerf for me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wasnt someone saying they had problems with Rag spawning for them in 25m heroic? because hes not there for me right now :/

I killed the first boss in normal (by mistake) and then switched to heroic, wonder if thats why

edit: son of a whore, that is exactly it. Fuck. Oh well

cdyhybrid

wasnt someone saying they had problems with Rag spawning for them in 25m heroic? because hes not there for me right now :/

I killed the first boss in normal (by mistake) and then switched to heroic, wonder if thats why
I believe it is.

Because not all of us are AFKing, and we get punished anyway.
Not really. If you're actually playing the invasions, you're presumably doing all of them, which gives you more exp than you got before. So that particular character levels up faster. You won't have 5 characters all leveling up at the same rate, but the character you're playing will level faster, allowing you to start leveling another sooner.

Even with the nerf, invasions are still a ridiculously fast way to level a toon. And, I mean, this had to be coming, it was just too good and too easy to AFK level a toon with invasions. They are meant for catch-up, sure, but I don't think this was intended.

Fjordson

edit: son of a whore, that is exactly it. Fuck. Oh well
That was me. Though I was killing everything on heroic and he still wasn't showing up. No idea what it was. Happened two weeks straight.

But I tried on my DK this morning and he thankfully showed up, so we'll see if he does on my warrior tonight.

Even with the nerf, invasions are still a ridiculously fast way to level a toon. And, I mean, this had to be coming, it was just too good and too easy to AFK level a toon with invasions. They are meant for catch-up, sure, but I don't think this was intended.

I mean, you're not wrong, but it's still a kick in the balls to be handed something cool and then have it yanked away.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That was me. Though I was killing everything on heroic and he still wasn't showing up. No idea what it was. Happened two weeks straight.

But I tried on my DK this morning and he thankfully showed up, so we'll see if he does on my warrior tonight.

I just want the mace for my pali's fire set... to then never use it when the artifacts hit. well not that im playing my pali anyway, so ill use it next expansion maybe >_>

Hixx

Not at the higher levels. Ridiculously easy, sure. But it took me 3.5 invasions to go from 88-89. Factor in the travel... it's not really that fast.

Fjordson

I just want the mace for my pali's fire set... to then never use it when the artifacts hit. well not that im playing my pali anyway, so ill use it next expansion maybe >_>
Yeah, I'd like that, the mount and I'm going for the Warrior tier set (as well as the non-tier copy for my DK). One of my favourite plate sets.

Thankfully got the helm last night, just need the boots now.

Nere

Goodluck you will need it. I was farming that mace for my felguard pet for ages before it dropped. Over 30 attempts to get it. Although I was probably a bit extra unlucky.

A simple solution would have been to shift the exp gain from invasion waves completing to actually killing invasion mobs. Then people would have to be more active rather than passively sitting on the sidelines.

Not at the higher levels. Ridiculously easy, sure. But it took me 3.5 invasions to go from 88-89. Factor in the travel... it's not really that fast.

As a Horde with a hearth in Shrine, the only invasion that takes any time to get to is Dun Morogh. Every other invasion is by a capital or a portal (Shrine > Dalaran > Caverns of Time in Tanaris). I don't get the travel time excuse unless you only have level 60 flying, playing an inferior faction and you're not using Shrine as Hearth. And if the free invasion exp isn't floating your boat, you can always spam queue Panda-land dungeons or quest in the Jade Forrest, you'll be at 90 before you're done the first zone.

Anoregon

I'm pretty pumped that it's finally legion time in 2 weeks. I'm just about out of near-future events/obligations/hassles too. I'm currently driving a rental while my car gets repaired which should hopefully be done next week, and then I'm more or less clear to be lazy and worry free for a September of being a lazy nerd.

It's only to bad I didn't end up being able to take off the wed-fri following launch, but at least it's still a 3-day weekend thanks to labor day.

cdyhybrid

A simple solution would have been to shift the exp gain from invasion waves completing to actually invasion killing mobs. Then people would have to be more active rather than passively sitting

Agreed. How they've handled mob XP is... not very well thought out.

Yeah...

What they should have done was remove the xp, and attach it to the killing of the actual targets.
They probably didn't do that to allow people to actually get something out of the invasions if they're on a PVP server where their faction is outnumbered 100:1.

They probably didn't do that to allow people to actually get something out of the invasions if they're on a PVP server where their faction is outnumbered 100:1.

They could have disabled World PVP. I mean what's more important? Ganking a healer from the other faction in the middle of repelling a demon invasion or setting aside petty differences and repelling the demon invasion that's going to destroy your world?

carlsojo

They could have disabled World PVP. I mean what's more important? Ganking a healer from the other faction in the middle of repelling a demon invasion or setting aside petty differences and repelling the demon invasion that's goig to destroy your world?

You tell me, I mean you saw what the filthy Horde did to Varian on the Broken Shore. I hear that Sylvanas is actually the MVP and founder of the Burning Legion. Yep she's the founder. Thrall? He's the co-founder.

cdyhybrid

They could have disabled World PVP. I mean what's more important? Ganking a healer from the other faction in the middle of repelling a demon invasion or setting aside petty differences and repelling the demon invasion that's goig to destroy your world?
You don't have to tell me, I'm of the opinion that world PVP is just dev-sanctioned griefing at this point :p

Anoregon

You tell me, I mean you saw what the filthy Horde did to Varian on the Broken Shore. I hear that Sylvanas is actually the MVP and founder of the Burning Legion. Yep she's the founder. Thrall? He's the co-founder.

Sylvanas has binders full of demons!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Garrosh tried to protect us.

this is what happens when we let the Undead and Blood Elves into the horde. This is what happens.

Top Bottom