• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Goodluck you will need it. I was farming that mace for my felguard pet for ages before it dropped. Over 30 attempts to get it. Although I was probably a bit extra unlucky.

yeah seems rare, didnt drop for my war again just now

Savitar

All heard today was complaining about the invasion not giving people exp as it did yesterday, found it hard to find any sympathy for them.

Also seems people are charging real money, for runs to do heroic or mythic dungeons. Near a hundred bucks at that.

I believe it is.

Not really. If you're actually playing the invasions, you're presumably doing all of them, which gives you more exp than you got before. So that particular character levels up faster. You won't have 5 characters all leveling up at the same rate, but the character you're playing will level faster, allowing you to start leveling another sooner.

Oh fuck off, it gives you slightly more quite a bit more work.

And as someone who did shit anyways so it'd go as fast as possible, the XP it gave is the least you should get after all all the random deaths from badly scaling boss abilities, being blown into 1 shotting elites from those stupid tower explosions, getting cleaved down by enemy factions, and getting ganked.

If they wanted to nerf afking they'd just have to attach more xp for actually doing shit instead of 2 or 3 you get.

There's no defending the change, fuck em. This is basically just a big fuck you to anyone who actually participated.

Jag

Anyone know if we can skip this intro kara/ulduar questline on our alts before starting Legion? It's not bad once or twice, but I don't want to do it 13 times.

cdyhybrid

Oh fuck off, it gives you slightly more quite a bit more work.

And as someone who did shit anyways so it'd go as fast as possible, the XP it gave is the least you should get after all all the random deaths from badly scaling boss abilities, being blown into 1 shotting elites from those stupid tower explosions, getting cleaved down by enemy factions, and getting ganked.

If they wanted to nerf afking they'd just have to attach more xp for actually doing shit instead of 2 or 3 you get.

There's no defending the change, fuck em. This is basically just a big fuck you to anyone who actually participated.
You can always do quests and dungeons, you know.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Demon Hunter tank buffs

-Demon Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)

-Demon Hunters can now gain reputation with Pearlfin Jinyu and Black Prince.
Throw Glaive now deals the same damage to players as it does to NPCs for all Demon Hunters.

-Soul Cleave healing increased by 22%.

-Fel Blood (Mastery) now increases the physical damage reduction granted by Demon Spikes by 12% (was 8%), further increased by Mastery (always 1.5x as much as before).

-Soul Carver now has a 40 sec cooldown (was 60 sec).

Death Knight tank nerfs (lol)

-The maximum duration of Bone Chilling is now 8 seconds (was 6 seconds).

-Bone Shield now reduces damage taken by 16% (was 20%).

-Tremble Before Me's chance to fear now ramps up slightly slower.

-Red Thirst now reduces Vampiric Blood's cooldown by 1 second per 6 Runic Power spent (was 2 seconds per 20).

-Heart Strike damage reduced by 20%, but PvP mult removed (net increase of 7% in PvP).

and a couple of Survival Hunter buffs, not that anyone plays survival (not even me and I actually like the spec)

-Mongoose Bite duration now 14 seconds (was 12 seconds).

-Survival Hunters’ companions now gain twice the benefit from Mastery.

phierce

It's not nerfed AFK xp.

It's nerfed xp. Full stop.

People are complaining about the nerfed xp.
That is correct, but the people complaining about the nerfed xp were gaining this while AFK in the first place. (The majority anyway...sure some were participating). That's my point and if you can't see that, read the last 100 posts.

Anyone know if we can skip this intro kara/ulduar questline on our alts before starting Legion? It's not bad once or twice, but I don't want to do it 13 times.

Why would you do that 13 times? I mean it's not like you net anything great from doing it. You get ilvl685 gloves that are useful for a transmog, I guess, and a tiny bit of gold. That quest, like the Broken Shore, is there as narrative pre-amble for Legion.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Once legion launches, the only quest you have to do is a very short one where you get ported to Dalaran, which then immediately teleports to Broken Isles. At that point you begin your artifact quest and class hall stuff and are fully in expansion mode.

Nothing better than a nice shitstorm 2 weeks before your new product launch. Good job Blizzard. They really didn't think this through.

Also, why are people AFK'ing? Maybe because...

- You get one hitted by boss attacks.

- You get 1 (yes one) xp for big enemies.

- On PVP realms you get constantly killed.

The current XP rewards just hurt casual players, because they need to invest more time. It also hurts lowbie chars who can't travel that quickly.

Rokal

You need to spend 2x more time in Invasions to receive the amount of exp you did prior to today. No other way to slice it. The increased frequency of Invasions does not change the fact that doing 3 invasions yesterday would have taken ~1 hour /played for 2 levels, and today it would take the same amount of time /played for 1 level. That's approaching the same level speed as regular questing with Heirlooms.

If they increased the exp from killing Invasion mobs to encourage participation that would be one thing, but instead it's a straight nerf and what had been an exciting event to race your chars to the level cap before launch is essentially over. The exp gain is less efficient than chaining dungeons at this point, for most level ranges.

I believe it is.

Not really. If you're actually playing the invasions, you're presumably doing all of them, which gives you more exp than you got before. So that particular character levels up faster. You won't have 5 characters all leveling up at the same rate, but the character you're playing will level faster, allowing you to start leveling another sooner.

This math only checks out if you're leveling one or two characters. Anything more than that and it's an objective decrease in xp because of the length of time characters need to spend in invasions to equal out the xp.

cdyhybrid

Gemüsepizza;213862710 said:
Nothing better than a nice shitstorm 2 weeks before your new product launch. Good job Blizzard. They really didn't think this through.

Also, why are people AFK'ing? Maybe because...

- You get onehitted by boss attacks.

- You get 1 (yes one) xp for big enemies.

- On PVP realms you get constantly killed.

The current XP rewards just hurt casual players, because they need to invest more time. It also hurts lowbie chars who can't travel that quickly.

There were reasons to AFK soak exp, but it's still AFK leveling. Did you really expect them to leave it like that?

This math only checks out if you're leveling one or two characters. Anything more than that and it's an objective decrease in xp because of the length of time characters need to spend in invasions to equal out the xp.

Well yeah, it's not intended to let you max out 100s on every server. It's supposed to be a catch-up mechanism, not a free boost.

Lanrutcon

That is correct, but the people complaining about the nerfed xp were gaining this while AFK in the first place. (The majority anyway...sure some were participating). That's my point and if you can't see that, read the last 100 posts.

Fair enough then. My apologies.

For the record, myself and those agreeing with me are complaining about the xp nerf in an event where those actively participating get treated the same as the lazy folks AFKing. Bliz could have just shifted the xp gain to actual combat participation.

cdyhybrid

Fair enough then. My apologies.

For the record, myself and those agreeing with me are complaining about the xp nerf in an event where those actively participating get treated the same as the lazy folks AFKing. Bliz could have just shifted the xp gain to actual combat participation.
Then those on imbalanced PVP servers would get nothing.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
People are really complaining about the change...

What.

This is a 1 month event. It's not a permanent thing. Are you just going to stop leveling once the event is over? This isn't the only thing that gives you exp, you know.

I have a few characters around 90-92 which I've been slowly leveling up via these events. It's a nice change from questing and dungeons, which I don't like doing tbh. It's just a nice alternative right now to max out the alts I have to have a variety/choice of characters once legion hits.

Ashodin

People are really complaining about the change...

What.

This is a 1 month event. It's not a permanent thing. Are you just going to stop leveling once the event is over? This isn't the only thing that gives you exp, you know.

I have a few characters around 90-92 which I've been slowly leveling up via these events. It's a nice change from questing and dungeons, which I don't like doing tbh. It's just a nice alternative right now to max out the alts I have to have a variety/choice of characters once legion hits.

People complain about everything

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
lol
You get more exp per hour than the old method. If there was no change to exp gains and they just upped the frequency it'd be absurd.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
While revisiting
Ulduar & Karazhan
in these new quests are nice, that can't just be it right? I mean, I give a tome to some Kirin Tor npc while Dalaran is being invaded, get gloves that are worse than those from invasions, and that's it? No continuation? That's just weird.

Kacar

I guess if your just AFK'ing the invasions are still ok for XP. But they take at least 5x as long to finish now, especially phase 3.

Tacitus_

It's still a net increase in xp if you do the three invasions. Phase 3 taking ages ruins the xp.

While revisiting
Ulduar & Karazhan
in these new quests are nice, that can't just be it right? I mean, I give a tome to some Kirin Tor npc while Dalaran is being invaded, get gloves that are worse than those from invasions, and that's it? No continuation? That's just weird.

Tune in next week, the same bat-time on the same bat-channel.

Jag

Why would you do that 13 times? I mean it's not like you net anything great from doing it. You get ilvl685 gloves that are useful for a transmog, I guess, and a tiny bit of gold. That quest, like the Broken Shore, is there as narrative pre-amble for Legion.

I don't want to do it, but wasn't sure if it was a mandatory opening for Legion. I seem to remember something like this in beta.

Tune in next week, the same bat-time on the same bat-channel.

Blizz has been big on serializing this launch.

Lmao. Just finished all 3 invasions on one char. Took me 1h 20mins, and I got less XP. Now I have 40mins until the next one, barely enough time for a dungeon. So much better than before. /s

The shard merchant isn't available in your capitol city until 100 but the invasion site ones are. You can't even buy stuff from them?

didnt know there were outside dudes to be honest. Ran around azshara and stuff and didnt see anyone

lol
You get more exp per hour than the old method. If there was no change to exp gains and they just upped the frequency it'd be absurd.

I mean, levelling dudes quicker isn't really a problem because it means more time spent on relevant stuff

When legion hits I don't want to be messing around with a level 10 warlock (just as an example)

Aeana

The response to people pointing out the factual information that the exp rate has improved seems to always be "um no I got less exp for 1 invasion so you're wrong" based on the official forum. They're not at all willing to entertain that math is a real thing.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't want to do it, but wasn't sure if it was a mandatory opening for Legion. I seem to remember something like this in beta.
The beta was to test the quest line. It goes away once Legion arrives.

cdyhybrid

Gemüsepizza;213865560 said:
Lmao. Just finished all 3 invasions on one char. Took me 1h 20mins, and I got less XP. Now I have 40mins until the next one, barely enough time for a dungeon. So much better than before. /s

Less total exp? That should not be the case.

Also, 40 minutes barely being enough time for a dungeon? o_O

The response to people pointing out the factual information that the exp rate has improved seems to always be "um no I got less exp for 1 invasion so you're wrong" based on the official forum. They're not at all willing to entertain that math is a real thing.

Don't have to go to those forums to see that ;)

Negator

The official forum is a really depressing place. I only go there when I want to hate myself.

So now I have to do twice as many invasions for the same amount of XP I was getting on my alts yesterday? Fuck that, after all "time is money, friend".

It was nice while it lasted but I'm calling it a day on these invasions. No point to doing them now.

cdyhybrid

So now I have to do twice as many invasions for the same amount of XP I was getting on my alts yesterday? Fuck that, after all "time is money, friend".

It was nice while it lasted but I'm calling it a day on these invasions. No point to doing them now.
No, you do one more for even more exp than before.

Because it still punishes casual players. They have to invest more time now to get same XP.

Less total exp? That should not be the case.

Invasions seem to take longer, less time for other stuff.

Also, 40 minutes barely being enough time for a dungeon? o_O

Depending on queue time for certain low level dungeons, yeah.

Rhaknar

those mages in Dala, I recognise all the sets, except this one. What is this dude wearing, some PVP set?

h8ABj32.png

sora87

That exp nerf hit hard, it's far too much effort to get my lowly alts to westfall and places like that. Rip possible rouge and warlock level 100s

Negator

Care to direct me to the numbers, please? I'm guessing someone's posted them up somewhere.

3 invasions per 2 hours at half exp.
Vs
2 invasions per 4 hours for normal exp.

So 6 invasions every 4 hours.

0.5 x 6 = 3
1 x 2 = 2

If I am wrong at the value for 0.5 Im sure someone will correct this.

Top Bottom