• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
had that preach video in the background and when it was over, I guess the next one was a video of his podcast, and my god people like this guy? what an insuferable prick. Jesus christ. And his podcast cohost / friend / whatever is another insuferable cunt.

Lanrutcon

had that preach video in the background and when it was over, I guess the next one was a video of his podcast, and my god people like this guy? what an insuferable prick. Jesus christ. And his podcast cohost / friend / whatever is another insuferable cunt.

Yeah, I don't like his stuff either.

Tenebrous

Unsurprising to see Monk at #1. I've been playing mine a bit recently, and it shits all over the Warrior (that said I did get my Warrior upto 744/748 with a 755 Titanforged Kilrogg trinket).

People have asked them this. They give a nebulous non-answer about WOD and pump up Legion's features. You're not going to get anything else out of them.

Such a shame that a company with such wonderful IP has to act this way. Can't trust anything that comes from any of their mouths anymore.

biaxident

Both invasions i've done so far only took about 15 mins, and I got 35% of a levelish at 74. Still better than straight up questing and haven't tried a 70s dungeon, might see how quick that is. I really like preach, he's all about gameplay, and what's fun. He admits in the video all the best performing tanks he rated lower cause they're so simple to play. He actually had brewmaster at 1 since there's a lot of choice involved.

cdyhybrid

Unsurprising to see Monk at #1. I've been playing mine a bit recently, and it shits all over the Warrior (that said I did get my Warrior upto 744/748 with a 755 Titanforged Kilrogg trinket).

Such a shame that a company with such wonderful IP has to act this way. Can't trust anything that comes from any of their mouths anymore.
WOD was awful and they know that, but this isn't something only Blizzard does. When someone screws up you're not going to get a War and Peace-esque hit piece on themselves. They're going to generalize their mistakes, say they've learned from it, and move on.

This is how these things work.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lol
jhkxAHG.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Anyone else stuck on the Khadgar quest outside Kara? I can't talk to him on any of my chars.

Negator

I mean, that's what they're for. I'm of the opinion why would I watch someone play a game when I can just play the game myself.

I can think of at least three reasons:

1) To learn from someone better than me or for information
2) To watch high level play that I am not capable of
3) To be entertained by someone that is fun to watch

Made the harrowing journey as a lvl 38 Horde Monk from Westfall all the way up to Dun Morogh via ground mount. Kinda scary running through The Burning Steppes and Searing Gorge, pulling massive mob trains for the entire zone. I have heirlooms, so I only dropped down to half health, but I managed to expose a bunch of flightpath points so getting there pre-flying will be easier now. Also vendor'd enough invasion gear to tip a mage to port me to Shrine. Luckily there's no level gating for using Shrine and its portals, so I can get around everywhere but Dun Morough pretty easily now. I'm set to level through pretty much all of the invasions now.

I'm really enjoying low-level Brewmaster. If I get this monk to cap before Legion, I might main monk over warrior. I enjoy Windwalker and Mistweaver and Brew is turning out to be a lot of fun.

I mean, that's what they're for. I'm of the opinion why would I watch someone play a game when I can just play the game myself.

I generally watch to appreciate high levels of gameplay. As an example, I play DotA 2 (and have since very early beta and even played DotA 1 for like 5 years before that) and probably watched about 30 hours of DotA last week during The International, without actually playing more than 1 game (I got up earlier than expected and squeezed a game in before matches started the last day). The level of play at TI6 was insane, so it was actually fun to watch other people playing.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If there is any game with the least amount of overlap between skilled players and popular streamers...it's WoW...

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
That invasion xp nerf... fml. When you're trying to level 3 alts that certainly doesn't help.

1 step forward and 2 steps back..

I don't know why, but I enjoy Asmongold. He's definitely not for everyone though.

As for actual, quality streamers - Slootbag is where it's fucking at.

Otherwise I also like FalkenRaiding, Xerwo, Treckie, and Fatboss. Guilty occasional pleasures are Sparty and Towellie.

Sölf

I just took my first real look at the trinkets (and Arcway/Court of Stars items in general). Holy shit! I really like that we get many different trinkets with actual interesting effects this time around. And some of that stuff will be so damn good. 5% more Mana? 10% more auto attack damage? Yes please.

Apathy

I don't know why, but I enjoy Asmongold. He's definitely not for everyone though.

As for actual, quality streamers - Slootbag is where it's fucking at.

Otherwise I also like FalkenRaiding, Xerwo, Treckie, and Fatboss. Guilty occasional pleasures are Sparty and Towellie.

Treckie does not get enough recognition. Dude raids at the top tier, streams it and does not hide strats, and is really nice and not annoying at all

Corsick

Important question on creating characters on PVP servers. Can I level a DK to 70 on Horde, then make a DH on Alliance on the same server? Didn't they change something for this years ago?

Lain

Is there a way to reposition the new talking portraits they have implemented for Legion? They pop right on top of my bars and it's annoying as heck having to close them every time in the middle of a fight.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Getting an item and it unlocking on another character is super glitchy. Last night I actually had to transmog the piece on my Pally to get it to show up on my Warrior and right now two pieces won't show up on my Warrior but two others did.

Concept17

Sucks about invasion xp but I knew it was too good to be true. I managed to take a Shaman up to level 60 from 10, and from 75 to 80 on my DK at least.

These invasions are providing some painful lessons in how to manage my stagger. Although with some attacks there's not much I can do.

Also, the more classes I try out, the less I understand Aspect of the Cheetah and it's 3 min CD.

erawsd

Will watch later.

I'm currently watching Blizzard at Gamescom 2016 - Preview. Wish someone would just ask "WoD was a tad shit - How can we trust you not to screw us again with Legion?"
I know from playing the beta that it has more to it than WoD, but that's not the point. I just want to know why Blizzard are never challenged with difficult questions. Is their a contract between the YT folk & Blizzard which stops them from asking potentially negative questions?

Yeah I'm sure those YT people are not going to ask anything close to negative. However, I have seen them address that question multiple times - the basic gist being that they know they made mistakes with WoD, they dont blame players for feeling burned, and theyre doing their best to "make good" with Legion.

Top Bottom