• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Fuck yeah, I waddled my monk all the way down to Dun Morogh via the turtle express and managed to hit up all three invasions. He was 14 this morning, now he's almost 40 and sitting on enough gold for 40 and 60 riding/flying. Leveling has definitely gone faster with invasions than via pure dungeon spamming. And I've also ended up with more gold as well. The only downside is the lack of rep gain, so I lose out on easy/cheap rep bags.

didnt know there were outside dudes to be honest. Ran around azshara and stuff and didnt see anyone

I don't think there's a Shard Vendor in Azshara since it's so close to Orgrimmar but there's one just next to Tarren Mill and another just outside of The Crossroads for example. Just check those out next time you're by either.

Robin64

I don't think there's a Shard Vendor in Azshara since it's so close to Orgrimmar but there's one just next to Tarren Mill and another just outside of The Crossroads for example. Just check those out next time you're by either.

I couldn't find it, but there's one right outside the Ironforge gate, so not having one in Azshara would be odd. That said, has anyone seen where it is?

Found this on Reddit...

the following experience rewards were given for a level 87 with heirlooms (the exp ramp scales accordingly).

Before the "nerf":
Stage 1: 75472
Stage 2: 75472
Stage 3: 75472
Stage 4: 113172
Total Experience: 339588
Two Invasions / 4 hours = 679176xp / 4 hours

After the "nerf":
Stage 1: 18850
Stage 2: 37700
Stage 3: 28275
Stage 4: 56622
Total Experience: 141447
Three Invasions / 2 hours = 424341
Six Invasions / 4 hours = 848621xp

If that's correct then someone would have to do just under 5 invasions to get the XP I was getting for doing 2.

Don't have to the time to do that on all my alts, I'm out til Legion drops.

Tampler

Twitch buying Curse, huh

Thats.....An odd purchase.

I couldn't find it, but there's one right outside the Ironforge gate, so not having one in Azshara would be odd. That said, has anyone seen where it is?

Yeah, there's one in Azshara, down the path a fair bit from the Orgrimmar gates, in the middle of a bunch of tree's. Cant log in right now to post a screenshot, but its there.

Ashodin

Found this on Reddit...

If that's correct then someone would have to do just under 5 invasions to get the XP I was getting for doing 2.

Don't have to the time to do that on all my alts, I'm out til Legion drops.

Sad-Boy-Says-Goodbye-Gif-Image.gif

I mean if alt leveling is all that you care about...

mileS

Life long Hunter here. I stuck with it from the good to the bad for every expansion. WoD was probably my least favorite the Hunter has been but I stuck with it. I'm concerned about it now going into Legion. This might be the first time I focus on another main. Just how bad is it Hunter friends? As cool of a change as Survival would be It's out of the question for now. I have too many melee alts anyway. BM looks and sounds boring from what I've seen (no surprise there..) Guess I'm stuck with MM. It's funny but the aspect changes alone have me soured enough to shelf the class for a bit.

biaxident

All they need is a participation medal similar to what ff14 did (I think that's the game I saw it) where your rewards are based on how much you do. You afk, you get minimal xp. You tag a few mobs, get bronze with more xp/shards. You do a lot, get great xp, maybe guaranteed warforged once every 2 hours for a gold rating. I feel like that would be great for this, so leveling is still great you just have to participate.

cdyhybrid

All they need is a participation medal similar to what ff14 did (I think that's the game I saw it) where your rewards are based on how much you do. You afk, you get minimal xp. You tag a few mobs, get bronze with more xp/shards. You do a lot, get great xp, maybe guaranteed warforged once every 2 hours for a gold rating. I feel like that would be great for this, so leveling is still great you just have to participate.
They'd have to disable PVP for that to work.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if only you could...play the game, like do, what are they called again...quests? yeah do quests and shit to gain experience to level up.

too bad you cant do that anymore because of Invasions :(

xRaizen

Fortunately there are other ways to level alts!

Yeah let's run the dungeon finder over and over again until we're bored out of our minds just to reach the meat of the game.

OR

Let's do the same quests that we did before, mindlessly going through the same zones for dozens of hours just to reach the meat of the game.

I leveled through invasions because I would be able to see and play through the class halls of multiple classes, hence more time of playing the game which means I would be paying Blizzard for more gametime. Now? I'm just going to stick to a couple characters and once I'm done with them I'm gone from the game.

Sad-Boy-Says-Goodbye-Gif-Image.gif

I mean if alt leveling is all that you care about...

It's all I have to do for the moment.

My main is geared to the tits. I have my moose, even though I don't use it. I have all the transmog outfits I wanted. Even my weekly "mount run" of instances I can solo is down to Zul'Gurub and Mogu'shan Vaults. My professions are maxed out. I don't care for hoarding gold so money making schemes are of no interest to me (like farming stuff etc.).

If you have some things that I could do on my main that are useful to me I'll be more than happy to listen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah let's run the dungeon finder over and over again until we're bored out of our minds just to reach the meat of the game.

OR

Let's do the same quests that we did before, mindlessly going through the same zones for dozens of hours just to reach the meat of the game.

I leveled through invasions because I would be able to see and play through the class halls of multiple classes, hence more time of playing the game which means I would be paying Blizzard for more gametime. Now? I'm just going to stick to a couple characters and once I'm done with them I'm gone from the game.
yeah man you'd hate to have to do the same content over and over again. instead you can do northern barrens, tanaris, dun murough, and westfall and fight the same enemies over and over again.

Ashodin

Want to see what the bottom of a Sargeras Avatar's shoe looks like?

4HG1HE3.jpg

BAM

It's all I have to do for the moment.

My main is geared to the tits. I have my moose, even though I don't use it. I have all the transmog outfits I wanted. Even my weekly "mount run" of instances I can solo is down to Zul'Gurub and Mogu'shan Vaults. My professions are maxed out. I don't care for hoarding gold so money making schemes are of no interest to me (like farming stuff etc.).

If you have some things that I could do on my main that are useful to me I'll be more than happy to listen.

That's cool man, you do you. Meanwhile, I got more mounts to collect, legendaries to chase after, pets, achievements... The list is long.

AH SHIT I JUST GOT THE 1H MACE

7bTXVng.gif

xRaizen

yeah man you'd hate to have to do the same content over and over again. instead you can do northern barrens, tanaris, dun murough, and westfall and fight the same enemies over and over again.

For faster leveling? Sure! It's not like I've been doing them for years though, like the dungeons. And, they take a fraction of the time compares to questing/dungeons.

And the invasions were FUN. Now they're not because they take 40+ minutes to complete while getting MUCH less xp.

Ok, so I caved.

Buuuuut.. it seems my old realm (Auchindoun-EU) is completely dead. What's a good EU realm that's PVP, has a nice population (Alliance PVE btw) which also has faction balance? It seems most realms are 90% Horde and 10% Alliance and vice versa etc.

cdyhybrid

OR

You can still level through invasions.

Ashodin

For faster leveling? Sure! It's not like I've been doing them for years though, like the dungeons. And, they take a fraction of the time compares to questing/dungeons.

And the invasions were FUN. Now they're not because they take 40+ minutes to complete while getting MUCH less xp.

Because they weren't fun outside of XP leveling?

xRaizen

You can still level through invasions.

Yes, but invasions take 3 times as long to complete now. Right now it's comparable to dungeons, but barely. And then factoring in the travel time it takes, especially on characters without flying, its not worth it anymore.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
God damn you guys.. I seriously don't understand what the hell the big deal is about leveling. It's been the same forever. We're lucky to even have bonus objectives which greatly reduces the amount of time it took to level. Factor in the new heirloom system and being able to use them up to 100. We're really lucky to have all of that.

All the invasions did was spoil a few people who decided "now" was the time to level alts, not last week.

Yes, it helps (helped? lol) greatly, and is still a nice amount of exp/guaranteed gear at 100.

But!!!!

It's gone within 2 weeks. You'll get over it.

Artanisix

God damn you guys.. I seriously don't understand what the hell the big deal is about leveling. It's been the same forever. We're lucky to even have bonus objectives which greatly reduces the amount of time it took to level. Factor in the new heirloom system and being able to use them up to 100. We're really lucky to have all of that.

All the invasions did was spoil a few people who decided "now" was the time to level alts, not last week.

Yes, it helps (helped? lol) greatly, and is still a nice amount of exp/guaranteed gear at 100.

But!!!!

leveling alts sucks ass without spending gold after you've done it 8 times (as in my case), that's about the crux of it

xRaizen

leveling alts sucks ass without spending gold after you've done it 8 times (as in my case), that's about the crux of it

Yup. Especially now that less people are doing invasions, which makes them last more than 40 minutes.

No longer a viable way to level up.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Yup. Especially now that less people are doing invasions, which makes them last more than 40 minutes.

No longer a viable way to level up.
it's been out for a week.

leveling has been a thing since the game released.

in his case, 8 alts. if you max out that many characters at this point in time and still find a reason to complain about an event that barely lasts a month then i don't know what else to say other than just move on and find other means of leveling.

Robin64

What the hell?

So myself and a friend both got epic upgrade on the gloves from this quest, which put them at 695. I sold mine, but he used his and did some testing. The Arcane Blast effect is actually really good and made his dps better than using his 710 Warforged gloves.

Well a few moments ago, he just pointed out that the ilvl had grown.

UUFvZL8.png

Wha's goin' on?!

Edit: Just logged on to my Paladin and I hadn't sold them, still in my bag. Now 710 also!

Edit2: Yeah, using "/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cff0070dd\124Hitem:139997:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Gauntlets of Legion Devastation]\124h\124r");" I can see the base gloves are now 700.

But!!!!

WoD leveling is just the worst.

I can't even quantify it, but before wod I leveled tons of alts, but wod just killed it.

Everytime I enter draenor on an alt I feel like I'm going to have a brain hemorrhage from ptsd.

I went from having 9 max level characters in MoP, to having 2 in WoD, that's how much WoD killed leveling for me.

Invasions were great, I took all these alts that I basically never touched since mop, it was a bit of a pain because of 1 shots and ganking, but w.e xp was worth it and scaling was good enough that I could contribute, so I did them and them. Got most to the mid 90s, and 2 to the high 90's, but now I'll never touch them again.

cdyhybrid

WoD leveling is just the worst.

I can't even quantify it, but before wod I leveled tons of alts, but wod just killed it.

Everytime I enter draenor on an alt I feel like I'm going to have a brain hemorrhage from ptsd.

I went from having 9 max level characters in MoP, to having 2 in WoD, that's how much WoD killed leveling for me.

Invasions were great, I took all these alts that I basically never touched since mop, it was a bit of a pain because of 1 shots and ganking, but w.e xp was worth it and scaling was good enough that I could contribute, so I did them and them. Got most to the mid 90s, and 2 to the high 90's, but now I'll never touch them again.
You can do 92-100 in <4 hours.

Tenebrous

Will watch later.

I'm currently watching Blizzard at Gamescom 2016 - Preview. Wish someone would just ask "WoD was a tad shit - How can we trust you not to screw us again with Legion?"
I know from playing the beta that it has more to it than WoD, but that's not the point. I just want to know why Blizzard are never challenged with difficult questions. Is their a contract between the YT folk & Blizzard which stops them from asking potentially negative questions?

cdyhybrid

Will watch later.

I'm currently watching Blizzard at Gamescom 2016 - Preview. Wish someone would just ask "WoD was a tad shit - How can we trust you not to screw us again with Legion?"
I know from playing the beta that it has more to it than WoD, but that's not the point. I just want to know why Blizzard are never challenged with difficult questions. Is their a contract between the YT folk & Blizzard which stops them from asking potentially negative questions?
People have asked them this. They give a nebulous non-answer about WOD and pump up Legion's features. You're not going to get anything else out of them.

Ashodin

What the hell?

So myself and a friend both got epic upgrade on the gloves from this quest, which put them at 695. I sold mine, but he used his and did some testing. The Arcane Blast effect is actually really good and made his dps better than using his 710 Warforged gloves.

UUFvZL8.png

Wha's goin' on?!

Edit: Just logged on to my Paladin and I hadn't sold them, still in my bag. Now 710 also!

Edit2: Yeah, using "/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cff0070dd\124Hitem:139997:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Gauntlets of Legion Devastation]\124h\124r");" I can see the base gloves are now 700.

what the hell, mine are 700!

They were 685 just a moment ago!

Gvmswjn.gif

They must have hotfixed them because they were worse than legion invasion gloves.

The bonus damage hit is more DPS though

Also yiss

trHbFRG.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well I instantly sold mine when I saw they were 685. oh well >_>

What the hell?

UUFvZL8.png

Wha's goin' on?!

:/ I vendored mine as soon as I got them.

Edit: :D I didn't, they're still in my bag with my warriro hovering over westfall. I thought about vendoring them.

Top Bottom