• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Nista

Also, the more classes I try out, the less I understand Aspect of the Cheetah and it's 3 min CD.

That and the duration nerf to shaman sprint were puzzling to me in Beta. I'm assuming it's wholly pvp based, because neither were overpowered in PVE. Especially not with all the dashing and jumping around that DH get. Good riddance to Pack though.

Tamanon

Banned
While the invasion XP isn't insane any more (2 levels per invasion now from 32 to 37), it'll be very useful during those dead periods where the questing kinda sucks(44-50,54-58,Outland).

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i have all of the invasion weapons now except the 1H agi dagger. i've added almost 25 levels to my rogue in the process so its not that bad. i never would have leveled the thing (i was going BGs only on her)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
yeah this val'sharah music is dope. Vanilla nostalgia vibes

I am a little concerned with how small the zone looks, though:

ILYHJX0RJWPB1471307514915.jpg

I mean I'm sure it's densely packed, but slightly larger zones with a little breathing room isn't a bad idea either. Things start to feel too much like a theme park when you have compact zones where every inch is being utilized for a specific quest/objective (Tanaan suffered from this very much imo).

Lain

Did they do some hotfix to the exp rewarded by the enemies during the invasions? Getting up to 21k on some kill (rested, heirlooms, level 82 shaman), while my best was 7-8k before on the infernals.

biaxident

Did they do some hotfix to the exp rewarded by the enemies during the invasions? Getting up to 21k on some kill (rested, heirlooms, level 82 shaman), while my best was 7-8k before on the infernals.

Hmm that would be awesome, I'm heading towards one right now (really long flight) so i'll test it out. Had to afk the last one I did for dinner lol.

Concept17

These invasions are providing some painful lessons in how to manage my stagger. Although with some attacks there's not much I can do.

Also, the more classes I try out, the less I understand Aspect of the Cheetah and it's 3 min CD.
Yup I went from playing a WW monk to a hunter and couldn't believe how immobile hunters felt in comparison.

Ashodin

If they gave the missing XP back to killing mobs that would be perfect. Actually make you have to fight.

Lomax

If they want to increase engagement then putting more xp on the mobs and less for just being there makes a lot of sense, just like they did with shards.

I mean I'm sure it's densely packed, but slightly larger zones with a little breathing room isn't a bad idea either. Things start to feel too much like a theme park when you have compact zones where every inch is being utilized for a specific quest/objective (Tanaan suffered from this very much imo).

That's one of the big problems I had with WoD content--everything felt like it was jammed in to make it have more content per square foot than every other expansion. Nagrand was probably my favorite zone because it was the only one that didn't feel like a claustrophobic theme park ride. Bring back the nice open landscapes, it makes everything feel like a real world.

biaxident

Woa woa, massive Xp from soloing demons in invasion, the big elite doomguards gave 13k a pop (not rested), infernals 7k, regular demons and casters about 4k each. 76 lock here, looms, not rested.

Pendas

Banned
That's one of the big problems I had with WoD content--everything felt like it was jammed in to make it have more content per square foot than every other expansion. Nagrand was probably my favorite zone because it was the only one that didn't feel like a claustrophobic theme park ride. Bring back the nice open landscapes, it makes everything feel like a real world.

Frostfire Ridge and Shadowmoon Valley had some nice open areas.

biaxident

I probably added about 80k xp to my last invasion, by clearing out about 15ish demons way out of the way. 1 got tapped by a 100, so the xp was halved on that mob. Just ignore bosses and find obscure hidden demons, even during final boss. They don't despawn till final guy is dead.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is Assassination still performing at the top since the hotfix nerf? I'm trying to decide what main spec I ought to level for AP purposes in Legion.

I'll get my last two ring upgrades this week.

I'm not sure what I should do with myself. Maybe I should try to make some gold so I can get the other engineering rocket.

Frostfire Ridge and Shadowmoon Valley had some nice open areas.

And then they immediately funneled you into 3 straight zones with a ton of stuff crammed into mountain ranges (Gorgrand, Spires of Arak) and packed full of huge cities and dozens of small encampments (Talador). SMV was definitely nice and Frostfire Ridge was probably my second favorite. Everything beyond the 2 starting zones and Nagrand felt very Theme Park-esque.

Aeana

Wow, regular enemies in invasions give quite a lot of exp as long as no higher level dudes attack them before you kill them.

biaxident

Wow, regular enemies in invasions give quite a lot of exp as long as no higher level dudes attack them before you kill them.

Yea just did another invasion and added 65k extra xp through kills, but the moment a high level tags it, its xp is reduced by like 90%, so dumb.

I'm levelling my hunter through wrath dungeons right now and I just wanna say that the oculus is still the worst god damn dungeon they've ever made

Just saw 3 of my teammates mount up on their regular mounts and leap to their deaths

Did theu add xp to the crystals? They are kind of like a main objective, and ehaybi like to do during that phase.

Yea just did another invasion and added 65k extra xp through kills, but the moment a high level tags it, its xp is reduced by like 90%, so dumb.

That's dumb, just tells you to go to some remote corner and kill stuff, not good gameplay.

I hope they fix it, though knowing blizz it might be intentional.

Xeteh

There's a mob you can find at some of the bigger towers called Dread Devastator that gives a ton of EXP if you kill it solo. My 88 Shaman gets 27k with rested and heirlooms.

Stalk

I saw a few of his videos, he doesn't exactly strike me as a 'cunt' but something does feel a bit off.

I quite like him personally, mostly his drama and legacy videos. I watch his streams and all I can really say is maybe it is because he is a bit laddish? I know that sorta attitude can rub people up the wrong way.

Gonna miss all the invasion stuff. Been in Japan since August 1st until 29th haha. Not that I mind just kind of a shame. Looks cool.

Yeah, Blizzard confirmed the xp increase per kill:

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

We agree that our initial change made Invasions too unrewarding for characters who weren’t at max level, so we’ve just applied a hotfix that increases XP gains from killing Legion invaders. Since Invasions are only around for a short period of time, we want them to feel lucrative, and provide incentives to actively participate in them.

You should be seeing a lot more progress on your XP bar for helping your fellow Azerothians fight the Legion now.

biaxident

The xp per kill is really good, got 100k xp (non rested) from mobs in azshara invasion, granted you have to completely solo them. Which is a pain since theres like 80+ ppl flying around.

Pendas

Banned
And then they immediately funneled you into 3 straight zones with a ton of stuff crammed into mountain ranges (Gorgrand, Spires of Arak) and packed full of huge cities and dozens of small encampments (Talador). SMV was definitely nice and Frostfire Ridge was probably my second favorite. Everything beyond the 2 starting zones and Nagrand felt very Theme Park-esque.

I never had a problem with zone density. Frostfire, Nagrand, and SMV were all very open. Talador was a nice middle ground, but felt smaller because of the lakes and rivers we're not used to. North Gorgrond was pretty open. Spires is the only one I can say I feel is very dense. Tanaan is a complete cluster fuck.

Now if we compare them to older zones, they do have a lot more going on. But it hasn't reached the point where it annoys me.

Awesome that they changed it, but that solo thing is weird. Wonder if it's a bug they can iron out. I can't imagine they intend for you to go off and solo their giant group event.

Since XP is back in a different way, I hope there'll be less threadwhining lol

I hope there'll be less whining about the threadwhining

inception.gif

Hixx

So now the XP is locked behind soloing mobs. In this event that is meant to be undertaken in the exact opposite way. Riiiiiight, Blizzard.

Third time lucky?

Also yes, the pit lord hitboxes are so annoying. Hitboxes in general for the event are awful. Some mobs have absurdly huge hitboxes yet the pit lords are tiny :p

Sajjaja

So guys, I still have my level 100 boost for preordering Legion and I don't know what to boost. I have my level 70 druid that I play but seems like a waste to boost it. I have a level 100 demon hunter, but now I don't know what. I'm thinking Shaman since everyone says it seems pretty fun and it looks fun too.

I'm thinking between Shaman, Mage or a plated class (DK or Warrior). What do you all think?

Also I've starting this character on Dalaran since it seems to be a pretty balanced and populated server so I won't be in bad shape no matter which faction I choose.

biaxident

Yea let's hope they hotfix the mob xp so when the mob gets tagged by a max player it doesnt reduce xp by 90%, the mob could be at 10% hp and it still does that, ugh. Plus adding a big chunk of xp to the crystals would be cool too.

Top Bottom