• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

I'm levelling my hunter through wrath dungeons right now and I just wanna say that the oculus is still the worst god damn dungeon they've ever made

Just saw 3 of my teammates mount up on their regular mounts and leap to their deaths
It's the only dungeon in the game the separates the men/women from the boys/girls.

Strimei

There's a mob you can find at some of the bigger towers called Dread Devastator that gives a ton of EXP if you kill it solo. My 88 Shaman gets 27k with rested and heirlooms.

Thanks for that, they definitely do give a good amount of experience.

Oscar

They must have seen a massive drop in invasion activity and hotfixed a buff because I'm getting crazy xp now.

Went 12-16 in a quick invasion.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Is it possible to solo Deathwing?

Strimei

Yeah but Spine is annoying

Once you know what to do, its easy, just time consuming.

Kill three of the four initial tentacles, stand in one of the alcoves they leave, let Deathwing roll and remove the three abomination things that spawn. Wait until 9 bloods are up, wait for a roll to end, move to the fourth tentacle. Kill the bloods along the way so they're all together, kill the tentacle, draw the fourth mob across the patch of blood, kill it next to plate.

Repeat as needed.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Once you know what to do, its easy, just time consuming.

Kill three of the four initial tentacles, stand in one of the alcoves they leave, let Deathwing roll and remove the three abomination things that spawn. Wait until 9 bloods are up, wait for a roll to end, move to the fourth tentacle. Kill the bloods along the way so they're all together, kill the tentacle, draw the fourth mob across the patch of blood, kill it next to plate.

Repeat as needed.
Every time he rolls I die. I think I'm bad at this

biaxident

I found the sweet spot for azshara invasion, in the middle of the map (near that horde symbol on the water) there are several devastators, other huge elites, and like 30+ demons with no one around. Was great.

Mrg8523-

Stand in the tentacle pools when he's about to roll. It'll give you a debuff that does some damage to you but it also prevents you from being blown off. You can also keep running left and right on his back to keep him from rolling.

The worst part of that boss is when it won't let you do it on 25 man heroic because it says that you have to complete all the previous bosses on heroic even though you have.

SolVanderlyn

I found the sweet spot for azshara invasion, in the middle of the map (near that horde symbol on the water) there are several devastators, other huge elites, and like 30+ demons with no one around. Was great.
Yep, I found this on my pally. The ultimate alliance camping spot. (For alliance members. Not for camping alliance members)

Stand in the tentacle pools when he's about to roll. It'll give you a debuff that does some damage to you but it also prevents you from being blown off. You can also keep running left and right on his back to keep him from rolling.
I ran left and right mob killing for literally fifteen minutes or so without anything happening. Is there something else you're supposed to do?

New Mistweaver is kinda weird, but I think I like it. You no longer have to actively cast the Soothing Mists anymore, casting other healing spells applies it and you can talent to move while channeling Soothing mists. That's a really nice change. I mean super mobile tanks will still probably be a challenge to chase after, but that Mistwalk talent looks like it will help in conjunction wiht the usual mobility tools and now Mistwrap.

I can't do crap in Invasions as a Brewmaster in Stage 3 still so I'm gonna see what my low-level heals do, if anything.

Rizzi

Basically if you're not standing in the fire goop that the tendrils spawn when they die, keep changing which side you're on or you die.

Mrg8523-

Yep, I found this on my pally. The ultimate alliance camping spot. (For alliance members. Not for camping alliance members)

I ran left and right mob killing for literally fifteen minutes or so without anything happening. Is there something else you're supposed to do?

Do what Strimei said. That's all there really is to it. Here's a video that I used when I didn't know what I was supposed to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FxMLEENpg8

biaxident

I'm not sure how the exact xp works out compared to pre-nerf invasions (yesterday lol), but it's way more engaging when i'm getting well over 100k+ xp from stage 3/4 killing demons in some unknown spot. Considering you can do 6 now in 4 hours, i'd assume with killing things solo its a huge increase overall. Requires actually playing the game though.

I dig Preacher personally. Always good to listen to.
Agreed. He isn't always right but the dude is passionate and he really puts a lot of thought into what he's saying. He likes things being high skill cap and he likes options. I found his tanking bit pretty interesting. His class guides have always been pretty good too. Haven't watched any of his videos where he's just bitching though.

erawsd

The basic idea is that you need to kill the little slimes while keeping the big elemental alive. Eventually the big one starts to explode, you drag him over to deathwing's scale and kill him to make him explode and reveal the weak spot.

Eric WK

Oh man, just coming back from the game and yesterday was my first attempt. Total pain in the ass at first, but once you get it down it's not so bad. The directions you quoted are perfect. Just be patient and only move off after a roll. Dance across the center line if you find yourself caught out.

carlsojo

Exp gain is much better now. Killing things gets me wildly variable exp depending on what I'm killing and who I'm killing it with. I've gotten I think up to like 8k from an elite which isnt bad at all.

Lion's Rest is live

which of course the first thing I did was log on my undead rogue and spit on it

I like you.

AE6H383.png

legion isnt out yet

If you can solo certain demons, you get A LOT of exp, if anyone else helps, it dramatically cuts your gain down based on how many people are involved in taking the demon down. I try to go for the smaller sites to solo stuff while people chase elites for shards.

carlsojo

If you can solo certain demons, you get A LOT of exp, if anyone else helps, it dramatically cuts your gain down based on how many people are involved in taking the demon down. I try to go for the smaller sites to solo stuff while people chase elites for shards.

Yeah if I do it right I get more exp killing demons than from the stages now.

SolVanderlyn

The basic idea is that you need to kill the little slimes while keeping the big elemental alive. Eventually the big one starts to explode, you drag him over to deathwing's scale and kill him to make him explode and reveal the weak spot.

Oh man, just coming back from the game and yesterday was my first attempt. Total pain in the ass at first, but once you get it down it's not so bad. The directions you quoted are perfect. Just be patient and only move off after a roll. Dance across the center line if you find yourself caught out.
Thanks for the advice. I'll try it again in a bit. One instance where doing it with a raid was probably a lot less tedious...

Tanked my first nothing, low-level dungeon as a Brewmaster, it was only a partial shitshow. Prot Warrior is definitely more forgiving but I think I'll continue to throw pugs under the bus while I learn how to Brew.

mileS

That Guild Wars 2 UI is incredible. Never been a fan of elvui or most other extremely popular action bars. Does it have good options for extra bars or more space?

I'm surprised they've left the vendor value for invasion items as is. Granted it's not a lot of gold to a Millionaire of Draenor but by just doing invasions today I've leveled faster than I would have by straight dungeon queuing and I'm sitting on about 1200 gold at 52 from vendoring invasion items. Normally by straight dungeon queueing I would have about 800 less gold by 60.

Zelias

Banned
The mob XP hotfix in invasions is very welcome, but it's so ham-fisted... now I'm just running off solo during phase 3/4 trying to avoid other players. Seems counter to the point of these things. Nice XP though when Xillidanx the 100 Belf DH isn't swooping down to tag the mob I've nearly killed.

cdyhybrid

The mob XP hotfix in invasions is very welcome, but it's so ham-fisted... now I'm just running off solo during phase 3/4 trying to avoid other players. Seems counter to the point of these things. Nice XP though when Xillidanx the 100 Belf DH isn't swooping down to tag the mob I've nearly killed.

I do that anyway. Everyone just zergs the minibosses, but I can knock out a bunch of the structures and keep the meter moving along.

Kain

I was trying Spine yesterday and I was remembering the old days. Then I checked and I have the achievement and everything already, so big NOPE, I'm not doing that shit again. Fuck that boss.

Whew. I really want to be Beast Mastery but damn, Marksmanship is strong.

Once the rng starts blowing in your way the burst is just incredible. I don't know if they'll tone it down somehow but man, the combo Sidewinders+Marked shot+Aimed shot is probably the biggest burst in the game right now. The problem is that there are no more buttons, just those three and Barrage, it's a little embarrassing. And no pet management.

Then BM is more or less as braindead because there are 4 buttons plus AOE and BW up almost all the time (with better gear and the artifact I'm sure it's like this).

Aaaaaaaaaand then there is SV, it requires a LOT of effort and buff/dots control, it's fun as hell, there are a lot of buttons but the rewards are extremely low dps compared to the other two. Blizz does it again.

Ark

Well I have to say, that Khadgar quest was actually kinda disappointing. Felt really abrupt and more like a page of lore cliff notes.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Probably old/obvious news btw but there are offhand ilvl 700 items available from the honor quartermaster on Ashran. That's what I have equipped with the invasion 1h sword.

Robin64

So invasions are now about fighting instead of AFKing, but getting super annoyed if someone helps you kill your mobs because they essentially undid everything you were fighting for. Awesome change.

So invasions are now about fighting instead of AFKing, but getting super annoyed if someone helps you kill your mobs because they essentially undid everything you were fighting for. Awesome change.

Yep. Already had one person yell at me for helping him even though I was lower level.

manhack

Yeah kind of bizarre. If they make the xp shared better this will be perfect.

I'm leveling quickly again with my 70+ Death Knight, but I need to run far out of town during Stage 3 to be left alone. Doing that has given me about 50% of an xp bar just from killing mobs. I get almost 1 level per invasion it seems like.

Also, I think that now people realize you get XP from kills that stage 3 is going very quickly, but it may just be that I'm getting a ton of XP during that stage from mobs that helps the time go by.

Zelias

Banned
Hopefully Blizzard will hotfix the mob tagging/XP splitting issues. The change they've made is a positive one, it's just flawed.

Solo tanks complaining about not getting healed in those zerg rushes. Good luck with that. Unless you're grouped with healer, there's no way someone is fishing you out of that mess. At least not easily or consistently.

Lanrutcon

Solo tanks complaining about not getting healed in those zerg rushes. Good luck with that. Unless you're grouped with healer, there's no way someone is fishing you out of that mess. At least not easily or consistently.

Actually, it's rather easy: target of target. Every healer should have it on. Click on boss, see who's tanking, toss em some heals.

Problem is, most zerg rushes turn into a shitstorm of taunting as every tank tries to assert dominance.

Top Bottom