• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Is there a point to having max level alts in legion? I was under the impression that professions were going to be gated sort of like WoD was.

I read somewhere that class order halls will be even more lucrative than garrisons for passive gold gain. One of the main reasons why I'm going to have multiple level capped characters.

Lanrutcon

I read somewhere that class order halls will be even more lucrative than garrisons for passive gold gain. One of the main reasons why I'm going to have multiple level capped characters.

As far as I'm concerned the endboss of Legion won't be a raid boss.

It's that goddamn spider mount.

cdyhybrid

I don't really see how that's possible. Professions have nothing to do with class halls and you don't get nearly the same type of gold missions.

Not to mention the fact that your champions don't get a Treasure Hunter equivalent.

Lanrutcon

I still remember when getting the 1000 gold to buy my first epic mount was a challenge.

I remember when selling a world BOE for 80 gold in vanilla was like, the highlight of my WoW month. Raid consumable costs sorted for a while, enough gold to buy some rare materials (thorium? dark iron? can't recall), some left over for a whelpling pet. It was Christmas.

I don't really see how that's possible. Professions have nothing to do with class halls and you don't get nearly the same type of gold missions.

Not to mention the fact that your champions don't get a Treasure Hunter equivalent.

There are order hall missions that have 1000g rewards with an additional 800g bonus roll from what I saw in beta. That was enough to convince me to level more alts.

Rizzi

I remember when selling a world BOE for 80 gold in vanilla was like, the highlight of my WoW month. Raid consumable costs sorted for a while, enough gold to buy some rare materials (thorium? dark iron? can't recall), some left over for a whelpling pet. It was Christmas.

I spent weeks farming up herbs to sell on the auction house. Weeks.
And at the end of it? It was totally worth the effort just to ride around on my purple skeleton horse.

Yeah but like garrisons I assume the class hall requires you to get your alts to a certain level and then spend time leveling their followers and getting their ilvl up. It's not exactly an immediate benefit.

Profession wise, I assume the new profession quests makes max level profession alts less lucrative because you'll have to play them consistently in order to get the recipes in the first place as opposed to just learning them from a trainer. Sort of similar to the WoD daily material creation that you traded for recipes.

At some point farming the elites in Tyr's Hand and Winterspring on my Warlock by chain-fearing them and shooting them with shadow bolts was the way to go. That sure was.. fun.

Robin64

One of the differences with Class Halls compared to Garrisons is that you don't get resources for free. You have to go out and do World Quests and the like to get those resources. I had a character just parked in a Class Hall on beta and having spent my resources on artifact power each day, I eventually just ran out and couldn't even do missions anymore.

Lain

Solo tanks complaining about not getting healed in those zerg rushes. Good luck with that. Unless you're grouped with healer, there's no way someone is fishing you out of that mess. At least not easily or consistently.

I'd love to heal those tanks, but they all happen to be Alliance scum so I keep seeing them die because I can't heal them.

For the sake of the invasion I wouldn't have minded the ability to heal the opposite faction, to be honest.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Legion has followers and missions?
HV6NQSR.png

Einchy

Do I gotta keep going back to my Garrison* over and over and over each day like in WoD?

[edit]

*Class hall

Robin64

Do I gotta keep going back to my Garrison over and over and over each day like in WoD?

You'll go back to it to cash in your artifact power for your weapon, but your daily visit will be swift. Most of the time you'll be in Dalaran if you aren't questing around the Broken Isles or raiding/dungeoning.

Einchy

You'll go back to it to cash in your artifact power for your weapon, but your daily visit will be swift. Most of the time you'll be in Dalaran if you aren't questing around the Broken Isles or raiding/dungeoning.

Aight, if this is a daily thing, then I guess it's not so bad.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
time for my weekly transmog diapointment. Man I really wanted to get all these pre-tier 13 stuff (aka what I can easily solo right now) out of the way so when im bored, eventually, at 110, all I need to focus is on t14 onward. Wish me luck!

Nere

Isn't that just for your UI? to make it bigger or smaller relative to your resolution?

Nah that is ui scale.

It's down-/upsampling. A render scale over 100% improves image quality, while lower than 100% allows you to drop the 3D resolution while keeping the UI clean in case you need more performance

Is it worth it though? I don't really see much difference on 200% and the fps hit is major. Because I had seen people claim it makes a huge difference on image quality.

Is it worth it though? I don't really see much difference on 200% and the fps hit is major. Because I had seen people claim it makes a huge difference on image quality.
If you think it doesn't make the game look noticeably better while having too big of an impact on performance then it's probably not worth it? I can't make that call for you.

Sölf

The changed EXP for killing enemies in Invasions is great. It also finally gives EXP based on enemy health (with a few exceptions). Dread Devastators still give the most, but Infernals and Abyssals are no longer 4-5x better than other mobs, other mobs are now also viable (and die faster because of less health). I am not even sure if Dread Devastators are the best mobs to kill now, since at level 61 I only got ~10k for them but 1,5k-6k for other mobs, depending on their HP pool.

How does this work in a group, actually? Is it just reduced or doesn't it change much because of the scaling?

Raxious

Sölf;213934065 said:
The changed EXP for killing enemies in Invasions is great. It also finally gives EXP based on enemy health (with a few exceptions). Dread Devastators still give the most, but Infernals and Abyssals are no longer 4-5x better than other mobs, other mobs are now also viable (and die faster because of less health). I am not even sure if Dread Devastators are the best mobs to kill now, since at level 61 I only got ~10k for them but 1,5k-6k for other mobs, depending on their HP pool.

How does this work in a group, actually? Is it just reduced or doesn't it change much because of the scaling?

The current issue is that the amount of XP you get based on the amount of ppl who tagged the mob is getting very low. I lose about 50 - 75% when only 1 person hits it as well.

--

Tempted to do RAF and get myself a second account so I can start leveling a bit faster.

It is clearly *not* based on damage done. I have brought down several enemies to 10% on my own when suddenly a lvl100 player tagged the mob, and I got almost no XP. The sad thing is that not even Blizzard understands their own system:

https://twitter.com/devolore/status/765727422599733248

This whole event really shows how out of touch Blizzard are with their own player base. And maybe it's not a good idea to tweet so much when all you can put out are condescending, smug tweets about your players.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this fucking Ultraxion voice actor man... every time

I had a level 100 player taunt a minion off me that I was about to kill. He didn't do any damage yet I still got only about 10% of what I would have received if I had killed it solo.

Einchy

I should've taken advantage of the EXP and leveled my DK to 100, I mean, it's not like I was gonna play it at 100 but leveling ten free levels would've been cool.

[edit]

So are Invasions awful for XP now? I don't really understand how they work now.

Lanrutcon

Just bear in mind, you essentially don't have to get your character to 100. 91 will do. Then if you're sick of invasions, grab an elixir of WTFUCKXP, a 640 weapon off the AH (round 1.5 to 2k) and do the world objective method. Took me about 4 hours to get 91 to 100.

This method is a lot harder/pricier if you don't already have a 100 with pathfinder.

Zelias

Banned
I should've taken advantage of the EXP and leveled my DK to 100, I mean, it's not like I was gonna play it at 100 but leveling ten free levels would've been cool.

[edit]

So are Invasions awful for XP now? I don't really understand how they work now.
They're not as good as they were, but as it stands:

1) Phase completion XP is still quite low, but so long as you're in the area you get it.
2) The XP for killing mobs got pretty dramatically increased... but you'll get heavily reduced XP if anyone else also tags and kills the mob. This means that mob killing in phase 1 and 2 is largely worthless for XP and in phase 3 and 4, you might as well head to an isolated corner and try to kill demons solo.

If you can do that, it's still decent XP.

Zunja

I've always liked hunter for the flavor but man the new specs and especially BM are boring me to tears. There is just no way I can play it in the expansion I barely made it through WoD as a hunter.

I think I'm going to use my mage then druid or priest. Guardian druid is a blast and all the priest specs are enjoyable. I'm sure I'll finish up my hunter at some point but man it's terrible.

I don't know if he did this in WoD, but during the Magni/Ulduar/Karazhan thingy if you keep clicking on Khadgar he starts laughing, telling you to stop because it tickles... then after tickling him he has an "accident" and has to change his robes.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's like 4 AM weekday cartoon levels of cheese

I think it's exemplified by the fact that he looks intimidating as hell

Also on today's WoW journal: most all consuming photo bomb ever. I forget what I was even trying to take a screen of. Thanks, Panda Man.

Raxious

Just bear in mind, you essentially don't have to get your character to 100. 91 will do. Then if you're sick of invasions, grab an elixir of WTFUCKXP, a 640 weapon off the AH (round 1.5 to 2k) and do the world objective method. Took me about 4 hours to get 91 to 100.

This method is a lot harder/pricier if you don't already have a 100 with pathfinder.

that's currently my problem. I got a lvl 100 but not the pathfinder achievement, so I don't have flying :(

I still find it ridiculous that they locked that achievement behind 3 rep grinds you have to go through.

strafer

It's like 4 AM weekday cartoon levels of cheese

I think it's exemplified by the fact that he looks intimidating as hell

Also on today's WoW journal: most all consuming photo bomb ever. I forget what I was even trying to take a screen of. Thanks, Panda Man.

You are a white male.

Shahadan

French dub is even worse. They try to copy the original voice actor and sometimes they really shouldn't. And they translate behold/look upon/etc by the same word every time, so half the bosses in the game are always asking me to contemplate stuff.

I think I'll set my game to english for Legion. I often contemplate (heh) doing it but never actually did. I can't deal with the obvious mistranslations anymore or them changing their mind about names an expansion later.

Top Bottom