• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

lazygecko

French dub is even worse. They try to copy the original voice actor and sometimes they really shouldn't. And they translate behold/look upon/etc by the same word every time, so half the bosses in the game are always asking me to contemplate stuff.

Sounds like the Spanish localization of Oblivion where "train" was translated into the locomotive version of the word.

Kain

We'll fight Sargeras one day, but just as with Deathwing there was a lot of help so there will with him.

I just want to see Broxxigar alive and still fighting somewhere in Argus. Manliest orc ever.

Magnus

Wait, the revelation was that
Azeroth itself is a Titan? Did I l miss that? Magni kept referring to 'her' that he could hear. Didn't realize he meant the L planet itself.

Ark

Surely with Yogg whispering around in Ulduar, and the Stories artifact being a solid link to the old gods, the next expansion is going to be old God based?

Tacitus_

Surely with Yogg whispering around in Ulduar, and the Stories artifact being a solid link to the old gods, the next expansion is going to be old God based?

Old Gods are the ultimate bad guys since the Compendium (or rather, their masters). Maybe not the next expansion, but they'll be back again.

Azeroth itself is a Titan? Did I l miss that? Magni kept referring to 'her' that he could hear. Didn't realize he meant the L planet itself.

That's been known for a while now.

Magni says "...opened me ears ta the voice o' Azeroth herself. She ain't just a hunk o' rock. She's a titan!"

This could mean that Azeroth is a titan or there's just a titan in Azeroth.

Sölf

Please be under Northrend. Please be under Northrend. Please be under Northrend.

Zelias

Banned
Magni says "...opened me ears ta the voice o' Azeroth herself. She ain't just a hunk o' rock. She's a titan!"

Azeroth is the titan AND the planet. They are essentially one and the same - titans rarely form in the cores of certain worlds and eventually awaken as living planets.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

It's made explicit in the chronicle book, the planet itself is pretty much a titan "egg", as that is how all Titans exist/are born. It's why the old gods and Legion are so interested in it, as the ultimate purpose of both is to corrupt (old gods) or destroy (legion) any potential unborn titans they can find.

Also, the other big plot reveal of the new quests is setting up the central McGuffin of Legion - the Pillars of Creation.

scoobs

Sölf;213945882 said:
Please be under Northrend. Please be under Northrend. Please be under Northrend.

A northrend re-make as the next expansions' land mass? Or what are you asking for? People really weren't happy with Cataclysm re-doing the old zones, Blizz will never repeat that mistake

Azeroth is the titan AND the planet. They are essentially one and the same - titans rarely form in the cores of certain worlds and eventually awaken as living planets.

It's made explicit in the chronicle book, the planet itself is pretty much a titan "egg", as that is how all Titans exist/are born. It's why the old gods and Legion are so interested in it, as the ultimate purpose of both is to corrupt (old gods) or destroy (legion) any potential unborn titans they can find.

Cheers, haven't read the book or anything so I was just going by what happened in the game. Could be this was explained there too but I just missed it.

Sölf;213945882 said:

If anywhere it'll be under the Broken Isles (give or take a few miles)

Xal'atath (the Shadow Priest artifact weapon) whispers
"The Legion burrows deep here. If they burrow deeper, they may not like what they find." when you're in Azsuna, which might be a reference to Ny'alotha, the "sunken city" where N'Zoth is thought to hang out.

StMeph

I thought Azeroth being a nascent Titan was first introduced in that lore companion book Blizzard put out a few months ago. There were some retcons and additions, but from what I recall the biggest lore of note were:

- Azeroth is a nascent Titan, and in typical Blizzard fashion, the last one ever and THE MOST POWERFUL OF ALL TIME
- The Burning Legion's primary motivation in cleansing planets of life is to prevent them from being corrupted by the Void/Void Lords/Old Gods
- Old Gods can't be completely eradicated from Azeroth because the corruption has run deep enough that they can't be separated.

Another week, another instance mount drop struggle.. QQ

Seems like Council of elders in ToT has become a wall again.. :< Atleast I got the astral dragon from Mogushan last week, it was probably the first raredrop mount from instance ive gotten in atleast 2 years.

Also did the mistake of trying out holy priest for mythic dungeon quest, and it feels great so now the shadow or holy main comes back a little.. Feels like with all the melee/tank that probably will dominate the population in the beginning of the expa, atleast going healer/caster will be a smart thing for quoues and groups etc.

Sölf

Robin64

Anyone else buy their expansion from cdkeys? There are 2 versions, one that is $51 and another around $32.

I think someone in this thread mentioned before that the expensive one gets you a key now, so you can roll a Demon Hunter early, where the cheaper one is a key on launch day.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh awesome just found out you can actually save different transmogs for different sets, and it will change on the fly when you respec :D

Sölf

I wouldn't want an entire expansion of being underground. Deepholm was enough.

Well, the whole expansion wouldn't have to be underground. We could get some more zone above, but I really hope we will see more of Azjol'nerub at some point.

I still remember when getting the 1000 gold to buy my first epic mount was a challenge.

Hahaha yeah. Epic Flying was a killer too, 5000 gold iirc? I spent a whole weekend farming in Zangarmarsh and vendoring the crap from Spore Giants and the Rays... was worth it in the end though. I loved my Azure Netherwing Drake <3

Concept17

So I hit 80 for the first time not really aware of what cataclysm was about other than the old zones, and now I'm riding fly on my seahorse. I kind of love it. I stopped doing invasions so it feels good to be questing again plus it's fresh for me. I can't imagine going through this zone more than once or twice.

The funny part is I had been wondering, "why aren't there any under water zones?".

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Resubbed for Legion, what have I done.

Loving the invasions, caught this great moment while playing last night, seeing all the bodies fly at the shadow nova cast is awesome :D

http://i.imgur.com/rnjvCMR.mp4

Magnus

In retrospect though, I'm super glad Cataclysm happened. It was neat to see old familiar zones up-ended, and the big, tireless work of updating the entire old world (streamlining quests, cleaning up shitty areas, adding flying in, etc.) just had to happen eventually. Allowing the source of the upheaval to be an iconic villain was cool, too. Say what you will about the storytelling in 4.3, etc, but yeah...I still dig what 4.0 was all about.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there no faster way to lvl up mining than whacking deposits 700 times? Such a bore at lvl 100 lol.

Tarazet

So I hit 80 for the first time not really aware of what cataclysm was about other than the old zones, and now I'm riding fly on my seahorse. I kind of love it. I stopped doing invasions so it feels good to be questing again plus it's fresh for me. I can't imagine going through this zone more than once or twice.

The funny part is I had been wondering, "why aren't there any under water zones?".

I did every zone in the game for the Loremaster achievement, and Vashj'ir was one of my favorites. Lots of good story, imaginative quests, and a unique overall experience. I didn't find the 3D stuff to be too hard as long as you use your mouse for movement and turning, A/D for strafe, and space bar to go straight up.

Draxal

In retrospect though, I'm super glad Cataclysm happened. It was neat to see old familiar zones up-ended, and the big, tireless work of updating the entire old world (streamlining quests, cleaning up shitty areas, adding flying in, etc.) just had to happen eventually. Allowing the source of the upheaval to be an iconic villain was cool, too. Say what you will about the storytelling in 4.3, etc, but yeah...I still dig what 4.0 was all about.

I really didn't like it, it was just too sloppily done (I admit the scope was gigantic, but there were too many examples of the left hand not talking to the right hand in general zone direction).

It was also way too plot streamlined compared to vanilla, and then you have the weird issue of leveling in Westfall (which is post WOTLK) than Northrend.

Tacitus_

Are we having this conversation again?
vanilla leveling was ass, quest hubs were hailed as practically the second coming in TBC

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmph. Done with my transmog for now, might do some random ones when im bored later in the week. No Rag mace across 3 chars (my shammy isnt geared for 25m hc firelands, if I cba during the week ill do invasions and get him up to near 700 to do it /shrug).

Got Armaggedon at least, and...it doesnt look as good as I expected (that dressing room is deceiving), got 2 more t13 heroic for my hunter, just missing the head now (really hope I get the head next reset because I want to use it while leveling). And got full heroic firelands for my DK and Warrior because I wasnt looking for them of course lol. And no mounts from 4 heroic firelands either.

Oh and did get the t10 heroic DK looking boots which I wanted bad, which completes the set.

Sölf

I mean, Hyjal was better than Vashj'ir, but that was because it had Ragnaros. And I love that dude. Still, I liked Vashj'ir.

Nere

Oh man, Vashj'ir was terrible.

Really don't like that zone. The only good thing I remember from that zone was when I played a joke on my gf. While she was away I took her character to the edges of Vashj'r and deleted her hearthstones and put her challeger portals on cd, also gave her a mail saying she won a trip to explore Vashj'r. Took her a while to get out of that hellish place, had a great laugh:D

Rhaknar

ok, Elemental Shaman, go

did a quick and dirty spec seems super fun, gonna egar him up in invasions to have another chance at the mace then. But in the meantime, I wanna have some fun.

Is that ice talent that boosts frost shock worth it? im not using it, because im saving up my maelstrom for either flame shock dot duration, or earth shock. And I already got elemental blast to "have another button"

that 5min elemental im also not using. There seems to be a lot of choices.

What are you ele shammys rolling with in general?

I dont mind the quest parts, but I wish they didnt completely change some zones like Aszhara. That was one of my favorite zones when it comes to looks, atmoshpere and the feeling of being mystic and far away etc. Now its just a somewhat generic zone.. :< (maby nostalgica googles on)

Top Bottom