• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

strafer

I dont mind the quest parts, but I wish they didnt completely change some zones like Aszhara. That was one of my favorite zones when it comes to looks, atmoshpere and the feeling of being mystic and far away etc. Now its just a somewhat generic zone.. :< (maby nostalgica googles on)

Yeah, that place was amazing pre-cata. I actually hit 60 there.

Nere

I dont mind the quest parts, but I wish they didnt completely change some zones like Aszhara. That was one of my favorite zones when it comes to looks, atmoshpere and the feeling of being mystic and far away etc. Now its just a somewhat generic zone.. :< (maby nostalgica googles on)

I understand what you mean but pre cata aszhara was a pretty useless zone as far as questing goes. If I remember correctly there were like 10 quests there and thats it.

Lain

When was the flaming wings toy changed? I remember it lasted as long as its own CD (1 hour?), but now it lasts half as long as the CD (15minutes for a 30minutes CD).

If I can't keep them going indefinitely, my flaming transmog is half ruined.
IkYb.png

I understand what you mean but pre cata aszhara was a pretty useless zone as far as questing goes. If I remember correctly there were like 10 quests there and thats it.

I remember azshara was a bloodelves or caster zone where you had to power up some spells and kill an elite

Neil_J_UK

Old legendary weapons - are they gonna be pretty much useless for Timewalking in the expansion now then with the introduction of artifacts? Makes me not really want to farm for them if they are.

So what do you even get when you ding in legion? In Wotlk and before you had an abilty + talent points + spell rank ups, in Cata you had talent points + 1 ability, in MoP you had 1 new talent row + 1 ability (probably the worst so far), in WoD you had ability perks which were kinda cool and 1 new talent row.

There's no new talent row or ability perks in legions, so what exactly do you have to look forward to when you ding between 100-110?

So what do you even get when you ding in legion? In Wotlk and before you had an abilty + talent points + spell rank ups, in Cata you had talent points + 1 ability, in MoP you had 1 new talent row + 1 ability (probably the worst so far), in WoD you had ability perks which were kinda cool and 1 new talent row.

There's no new talent row or ability perks in legions, so what exactly do you have to look forward to when you ding between 100-110?

POWAH!!!!!!!

Your artifact, I guess?

Everything seems to be based around artifact now. And I guess not everything comes at maxlvl. Check out http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc to see what spells etc you learn.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

nothing, its all about the Artifact power which has a whole talent tree of its own

Then what's the point in even leveling, should've just kept it at 100 and done have quests give artifact xp.

Edit: I don't know how it is at 100, but 90something WW feel soo slow, don't like it, miss MoP WW.

Entropia

No One Remembers

You don't really get much it seems.

Just new quests at your class hall and such.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so the only new abilities in Legion are from artifact talents too?

yes.

Man that feel of taking a guy in greens to invasions, and only getting repeats of the same 2 invasion items you already have. Feelsbadman ;_;

Robin64

Yeah, levelling is a really odd thing now in Legion. As mentioned, it opens new quests. It also increases the ilvl of item drops. And.. that's about it.

Specced resto on my druid and it feels really overwhelming to have 4 full bars of spells when most other classes/specs now seem to worked down to 1-2 bars.

Rizzi

Yeah, levelling is a really odd thing now in Legion. As mentioned, it opens new quests. It also increases the ilvl of item drops. And.. that's about it.

I'm not sure where they can go after that. A different artifact in the next expansion?

Rhaknar

If you don't feel like counting all of the new abilities added to the talent trees/reworked specs...

I was just going to say that. Its uncanny how some people are just LOOKING for shit to complain about. You have plenty of actual things to complain about in this game, you dont have to go look out for imaginary ones :p

You get stat gains as you level, but yeah otherwise nothing "special" for each level. I don't really care one way or the other.

The focus is on artifact power and the artifact talent tree.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If you don't feel like counting all of the new abilities added to the talent trees/reworked specs...

i meant more in terms of going from 100-110

[edit] i'm not complaining about it...i actually like the fact that they're bringing back more vanilla-like talent progression.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well, I got a Firehawk, although I was mostly looking for the Flametalon mount.

styl3s

I'm not sure where they can go after that. A different artifact in the next expansion?
Like artifact armor?

I don't see a point in introducing another artifact weapon you would think that this weapon would just gain new traits/abilities/relics since the whole point of it is to eliminate having to hunt for better weapons. I mean, spend hundreds of hours getting it's power up getting all the traits just to have it reset and give a new one in 1.5-2 years?

Fjordson

Like artifact armor?

I don't see a point in introducing another artifact weapon you would think that this weapon would just gain new traits/abilities/relics since the whole point of it is to eliminate having to hunt for better weapons. I mean, spend hundreds of hours getting it's power up getting all the traits just to have it reset and give a new one in 1.5-2 years?
Should do artifact trinkets next. Could have tons of different stats and effects / on-use abilities that would let people customize them how they wanted.

Though it lacks the visual impact of weapons.

Rhaknar

they have stated that you will "retire" your artifact at the end of the expansion. They will most likely just roll over the skills into your base spec, like for example... how do you go from FINALLY having 2 pets as a BM hunter (something ive been saying they should have had for years, same with demo locks) back to just 1 pet?

but thats like 2 years at least down the line, not even worried about it, who knows what will happen. I might be dead by then for example.

Nere

Looking at the Legion login screen got me thinking. Why is the dark portal the login screen for vanilla? The dark portal had 0 things to do with vanilla WoW, it makes no sense. Was it like a metaphor for using the portal to enter the World of Warcraft? And even then they show the portal from outlands not blasted lands.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Looking at the Legion login screen got me thinking. Why is the dark portal the login screen for vanilla? The dark portal had 0 things to do with vanilla WoW, it makes no sense. Was it like a metaphor for using the portal to enter the World of Warcraft? And even then they show the portal from outlands not blasted lands.

Haha, yeah it didn't really make sense at all. But yeah, we'll go with the metaphor thing.

Dugna

Vanilla didn't have a theme, it was just vanillia and the portal was a iconic thing in warcraft so they just used it. Wasn't till WTLK that they bothered with Login screens.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Vanilla didn't have a theme, it was just vanillia and the portal was a iconic thing in warcraft so they just used it. Wasn't till WTLK that they bothered with Login screens.

The Burning Crusade login screen made sense because we were actually going through the dark portal.

Lanrutcon

Meh. Large hotfix fucking the scaling. Just got my level 90 Blood DK 1 shotted by a stage 3 boss.

Blizzard: can't just fix shit, have to fuck something up in the process.

sora87

I always thought of it as the entrance to the world of warcraft.

C'mon in and get addicted to this digital crack.

Xeteh

Only problem with leveling with invasions is that your rings/neck/trinkets can fall way behind and make things a bit of a pain.

Epix

Need some macro help.

I setup two macros for my Ret Paladin (one for Crusader Strike, one for Judgment). The primary goal for the macro is to target the closest enemy if no enemy is selected and then cast the ability. I have these two:

"Crusader Strike"
#showtooltip
/targetenemy [dead, no exists]
/cast Crusader Strike

"Judgment"
#showtooltip
/targetenemy [dead, no exists]
/cast Judgment

The Crusader Strike macro works perfectly (if I have no target, it will target the nearest enemy and casts Crusader Strike. However, the Judgment macro won't target anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Top Bottom