• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

I never bought them, just came back to WoW for the first time since Cataclysm. Maybe I should

If I remember right, all the rings gives %xp boost but they are from quests/events. No trinket or neck gives xp increase so I wouldnt bother. The statloss arent that big that it matters anyway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh neat you can request to force a stop during a flight path to land at the nearest one, when was that introduced?

Xeteh

If I remember right, all the rings gives %xp boost but they are from quests/events. No trinket or neck gives xp increase so I wouldnt bother. The statloss arent that big that it matters anyway.

Yeah, I just went and looked. Having to pay to upgrade them doesn't seem worth it to me atm.

Thinking about getting new keyboard & mouse soon. Also maybe headset. Anyone have experience with: Razer Blackwidow Chroma keyboard, Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse, or Steelseries Siberia line headsets?

Tacitus_

You can avoid the damage on every single one of them

Not if you're leveling. I die every time on a couple of them when they pull abilities that should hurt you if you stay in them, but the first tick is more than my max hp. Mostly the Pitlord with its green circles, those things tick for 30k+ when I have 24k hp :d

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not having a off hand for this invasion int mace is really fucking my ilvl, and theres none in the AH >_>

Rhaknar

PVP nets you a 710 one and there's a 650 one lying on the ground in Tanaan.

ooh that Tanaan one would help, is it always in the same place?

edit: just found a video guide, will try to get it then (never been to Tanaan except once on my hunter to tame a wolf lol)

Thinking about getting new keyboard & mouse soon. Also maybe headset. Anyone have experience with: Razer Blackwidow Chroma keyboard, Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse, or Steelseries Siberia line headsets?

My wife has that keyboard. the keys are clicky as shit. Feels sturdy, and my WPM went up typing on it when I was testing it.

I have the diablo 3 version of the v2 headset. It's fine. I used it as my only audio option for like 2+years until I got tired of using a headset

not having a off hand for this invasion int mace is really fucking my ilvl, and theres none in the AH >_>

same problem with my priest except I keep getting a god damn wand

I haven't used a wand in 9 years, stop this.

erawsd

Yeah, levelling is a really odd thing now in Legion. As mentioned, it opens new quests. It also increases the ilvl of item drops. And.. that's about it.

My guess would be that its just a routine way for them to have a clear break between expansions and hit the reset button on power levels.

Got into a HFC normal group yesterday at 705 ilvl. The bosses seemed to have less HP than even LFR, or I think it was because the others in raid actually had gear and able to do DPS properly. One shotted the bosses I was there for, even got Archi normal. I was sad that I didn't join this group earlier, very smooth run. People even explained mechanics without being dbags.

I thought it was weird, so I went into LFR HFC right after and oh god the awfulness of players there.

Makes me understand why HFC heroic groups keep declining my apps, why would they take someone who has the stink of LFR all over them with 706ilvl?

Still feels bad that I most likely won't get a chance at that mount. I don't even know why I want it at this point -- so many people have it from being carried, it hardly means anything anymore.

Rhaknar

thanks for the tip on the Tanaan off hand, that totally works for now with the invasion main hand until Legion tbh

Got into a HFC normal group yesterday at 705 ilvl. The bosses seemed to have less HP than even LFR, or I think it was because the others in raid actually had gear and able to do DPS properly. One shotted the bosses I was there for, even got Archi normal. I was sad that I didn't join this group earlier, very smooth run. People even explained mechanics without being dbags.

I thought it was weird, so I went into LFR HFC right after and oh god the awfulness of players there.

Makes me understand why HFC heroic groups keep declining my apps, why would they take someone who has the stink of LFR all over them with 706ilvl?

Still feels bad that I most likely won't get a chance at that mount. I don't even know why I want it at this point -- so many people have it from being carried, it hardly means anything anymore.

Normal mode in WoD has always been piss.

It's basically cata/mop lfr.

Robin64

I now have enough Fel from chests on my mage to take the 1h int sword to 740, if such a thing was possible. (I know, it's not)

But guess what I still don't have? THE FUCKING INT SWORD.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man, warlocks are not in a good place at the moment.

There are multiple threads in both the warlock classs forum and general forum that basically amount to "seriously blizzard, what the fuck?" It's kind of baffling the state they are in going into Legion's launch.

Savitar

I now have enough Fel from chests on my mage to take the 1h int sword to 740, if such a thing was possible. (I know, it's not)

But guess what I still don't have? THE FUCKING INT SWORD.

The sword is crap, it actually lowers my ilevel if I want to use it.

Rizzi

There are multiple threads in both the warlock classs forum and general forum that basically amount to "seriously blizzard, what the fuck?" It's kind of baffling the state they are in going into Legion's launch.

Especially since Blizzard's stance on them is a big ol' cone of silence. They carved most of our cool stuff out, handed them to other classes, nerfed the shit out of us and called it a day.

Savitar

I wish they would put in an option to take out the "story" aspects of running dungeons/raids. I'm really getting tired of hearing Arthas and co go on and on for minutes at a time, I just want to kill them. I've pretty much been turning off all sounds and listening to music to avoid it all.

Well wow forums are 70% whining, 29% trolling and 1% rp. I regret myself everytime I go there.. :<

Ive been playing demo with mine for a few hours and it feels pretty fresh and interesting with some new kind of playstyle.

What are the main complaints right now? Playstyle or nerfs?

Wow, low-level Inscription is stupidly easy to level and maxing out ink research takes very little research compared to WoD. Used to have to gather 400-600 of a plant/pigment variety to gain enough pigment to create enough ink to max out a specific ink research and learn all of the glyphs of that level/ink. Now you just need like 150-ish. I maxed out Moonglow Ink research learning 4 glyphs. I think saying removing major glyphs streamlined Inscription is a bit of an understatement.

The time/resource investment is nothing compared to what it was before. And it's weird when you look at Blacksmithing or Leather Working, for example, which still have all of their old costs for time and resources.

Is this true?

"Well according to recent data and beta videos and profession guides you are going to benefit in some way of having stuff like this.
Blacksmithing/Mining
JewelCrafting/Mining
Engineering/Mining
Leatherworking/Skinning
Alchemy/Herbalism
Inscription/Herbalism
Tailoring/Enchanting

I think tailoring is going to be the only profession that can be "Comboed" with enchanting."

https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/comments/4ptqqn/cant_decide_on_mining_or_tailoring_for_legion/?

What's so weird about pairing the natural gathering profession with its natural crafting profession? Tailoring/Enchanting is the one outlier of dual crafting professions, but at least leveling tailoring the oldschool way can feed you low-level enchanting mats, on top of whatever you can find and DE from quests and dungeons.

Xando

Agreed. Got me thinking if i'm gonna main elemental instead of warlock

Jusoni

So I'm guessing not many returning players are yet aware of the threat of silence on chat? Because the goddamn analspam is stronger than ever on my realms trade. Reported atleast twenty spammers in the last 15 minutes.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is this true?

"Well according to recent data and beta videos and profession guides you are going to benefit in some way of having stuff like this.
Blacksmithing/Mining
JewelCrafting/Mining
Engineering/Mining
Leatherworking/Skinning
Alchemy/Herbalism
Inscription/Herbalism
Tailoring/Enchanting

I think tailoring is going to be the only profession that can be "Comboed" with enchanting."

https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/comments/4ptqqn/cant_decide_on_mining_or_tailoring_for_legion/?

Hope it's nothing major, because my main has 2 crafting professions, while i have an alt with herbalism/mining and there is no way I'm gonna change that considering how long it takes to lvl up from 1 to 700.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well wow forums are 70% whining, 29% trolling and 1% rp. I regret myself everytime I go there.. :<

Ive been playing demo with mine for a few hours and it feels pretty fresh and interesting with some new kind of playstyle.

I guess it depends on who you ask, but for me it's definitely a playstyle issue. I agree that demo seems pretty cool at first, but after a little while (especially in a dungeon/raid environment) its inherent issues start to become increasingly visible. The amount of time it takes to actually be doing decent damage compared to most other specs is a big one - You cast doom, shadow bolt, summon dreadstalkers, demonic empowerment, cast shadowbolt 4 more times, hand of gul'dan, demonic empowerment, and by then your dreadstalkers are about gone. That's about 13 global cooldowns. It's the worst ramp-up time in the game and makes target-swapping potential incredibly poor, issues that make the spec bad at both mythic+ dungeons (due to being awful at trash pack DPS) and any raid fight that isn't mostly a single target burn (which is most of them.)

Then there's the issues with Demonic Empowerment itself just being a total fucking chore of a mechanic. It's the worst version of a "maintenance buff" the game has ever had, because you have to cast it so god damn often.

Agreed. Got me thinking if i'm gonna main elemental instead of warlock

I tried to hold out, but I've given up. I'm going DK. Hopefully by 7.2 or whatever Blizzard will decide to fix at least one of the warlock specs.

Both, really. Destro pulls respectable numbers at cap, afli is ok ande demo is ass - and each spec has a bunch of jank introduced into it.

Also destro just had one if it's main sources of damage significantly nerfed with just a token buff to incinerate to compensate. So not even Destro is looking that good atm.

Tacitus_

Both, really. Destro pulls respectable numbers at cap, afli is ok ande demo is ass - and each spec has a bunch of jank introduced into it.

Tacitus_

Also destro just had one if it's main sources of damage significantly nerfed with just a token buff to incinerate to compensate. So not even Destro is looking that good atm.

Oh wow those Immolate nerfs. What the fuck blizz. Might as well switch to playing a mage, you'll do everything better but don't look as cool.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Oooh shit confirmed 7.1 and mega dungeon info today

It'll be huge with tons of bosses

Gotta be Kara

What time exactly is shit happening?

Is this true?

Blacksmithing/Mining
JewelCrafting/Mining
Engineering/Mining
Leatherworking/Skinning
Alchemy/Herbalism
Inscription/Herbalism
Tailoring/Enchanting

The reason for this is that there is a BOP item called Blood of Sargeras. It is used for crafting and upgrading crafted items. It's generally easier to get from gathering professions, however they said you will still be able to get your fair share as a non-gathering profession through world quests and such.

Finaj

What time exactly is shit happening?

The reason for this is that there is a BOP item called Blood of Sargeras. It is used for crafting and upgrading crafted items. It's generally easier to get from gathering professions, however they said you will still be able to get your fair share as a non-gathering profession through world quests and such.

Apparently at 4 PM EST on Slootbag's twitch channel.

Rizzi

Also, why the fuck does shadowburn do more damage than chaos bolt? Sure, chaos bolt always crits, but it also costs twice the soul shards, and has a long as hell cast time. Why would I ever cast one of my core class spells?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, why the fuck does shadowburn do more damage than chaos bolt? Sure, chaos bolt always crits, but it also costs twice the soul shards, and has a long as hell cast time. Why would I ever cast one of my core class spells?

because shadow burn is a talent in a tree with some other strong options

Top Bottom