• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Fularu

Banned
Thinking about getting new keyboard & mouse soon. Also maybe headset. Anyone have experience with: Razer Blackwidow Chroma keyboard, Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse, or Steelseries Siberia line headsets?
Get a 602 instead of the 502, get a g910 instead of the chroma and get a hypercloud 2 for tot headset (or à g633 as it's on sale from Dell)

Tacitus_

Also, why the fuck does shadowburn do more damage than chaos bolt? Sure, chaos bolt always crits, but it also costs twice the soul shards, and has a long as hell cast time. Why would I ever cast one of my core class spells?

Chaos Bolt is better for damage, especially once you get your artifact since it buffs it multiple times and you should talent it to apply the +dmg taken debuff. SB is for moving and shard sniping off of adds.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the Destro art ability is the coolest shit at least :(

Lain

Went to dinner with the game working as good as always, came back with the game performing like crap, framerate dropping down to 27fps in my garrison. I have no clue why it's happening and it's quite annoying. I had installed the latest nvidia drivers today but didn't have a problem all day.

Rizzi

Chaos Bolt is better for damage, especially once you get your artifact since it buffs it multiple times and you should talent it to apply the +dmg taken debuff. SB is for moving and shard sniping off of adds.

That makes me feel a little better about it, I guess.

Lanrutcon

Pfft.

They've had 5 years to figure out what to do about Affliction. 5 years to look at a class that takes tons of time to do damage, has absolutely no burst, has nothing to do with its class resource, can only aoe effectively if you're running interface mods and is laughable in any fight where quick target switching is required. 5 years to redo a spec where the only skill involved is how good you are at tabbing through a crowd of targets.

And here we are in 2016 with a new expansion on the way and...uh...Shadow Priests are better Aflliction Warlocks than Affliction Warlocks are.

Tacitus_

That makes me feel a little better about it, I guess.

Used to have both, grumble grumble. Used to have viable aoe too grumble grumble. Used to have worthwhile Mastery grumblegrumble, used to have minimal RNG in resource generation grumblegrumble

Man...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
also Anorgon, between the instant shadowbolt after empowerment, and empowerment having a 50% chance to give a shard, and Doom giving you a shard when it ends, you are never casting 4 shadowbolts to be able to cast a full hand of guldan btw

Pre Cast Empowerment for your Felguard -> Doom -> Instant Shadowbolt you have 2 shards -> Dogs -> Empowerment -> Instant Shadowbolt (1 or 2 shards at this point) -> Grimoire of Service Felguard -> Empowerment -> Instant shadowbolt (again, 1 or 2 shards, but by now doom ended so 2 or 3 shards in reality)

This 134 error is keeping my character locked in place, and I can't do a fucking thing about it. I doubt there's a fix for it, and I'm fucking pissed. I wanted to get through the vast bulk of soloable content in Legion before the beta ended, because I was actually having fun playing it. I was reaching the point of saying "Fuck it. I'm gonna play again." I was ready to plop $60 on the expansion and a 6 month subscription package. Having this bug is just ruining that optimism I had. I still had the rest of the Tauren area and Suramar to go. I really don't want to have to level another toon to 110.

BoHMZBv.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Pfft.

They've had 5 years to figure out what to do about Affliction. 5 years to look at a class that takes tons of time to do damage, has absolutely no burst, has nothing to do with its class resource, can only aoe effectively if you're running interface mods and is laughable in any fight where quick target switching is required. 5 years to redo a spec where the only skill involved is how good you are at tabbing through a crowd of targets.

And here we are in 2016 with a new expansion on the way and...uh...Shadow Priests are better Aflliction Warlocks than Affliction Warlocks are.

Spriest are better affliction than warlocks, Fire mages are much better than Destro locks, and pretty much every damn thing is better than Demo locks (though I guess BM hunter fits the analogy best, and yes they are better.)

Hixx

This 134 error is keeping my character locked in place, and I can't do a fucking thing about it. I doubt there's a fix for it, and I'm fucking pissed. I wanted to get through the vast bulk of soloable content in Legion before the beta ended, because I was actually having fun playing it. I was reaching the point of saying "Fuck it. I'm gonna play again." I was ready to plop $60 on the expansion and a 6 month subscription package. Having this bug is just ruining that optimism I had. I still had the rest of the Tauren area and Suramar to go. I really don't want to have to level another toon to 110.

Delete your WoW "Cache" folder.

Delete your WoW "Cache" folder.

I already tried that yesterday, but it didn't work, and neither did a full uninstall + reinstall. I just opened up the legion beta discussion forum on the WoW forums, and there was someone with a link to a temporary fix for the exact problem I have. I'm actually gonna test it out right now.

Lain

OK, checked my GPU temps, they skyrocket to 90s and the fan isn't kicking in. I'm guessing the 372.54 drivers broke my card's fan or something.

Rhaknar

what was wrong with Ra Den? never done him

edit: is that a new cinematic in the background? I dont recognise the lines

Entropia

No One Remembers
what was wrong with Ra Den? never done him

edit: is that a new cinematic in the background? I dont recognise the lines

I don't think there was much wrong wtih Ra Den, from what I understood? I think one of the bigger complaints was that Monks had a significant tanking advantage over others?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't think there was much wrong wtih Ra Den, from what I understood? I think one of the bigger complaints was that Monks had a significant tanking advantage over others?

From what I recall, due to the whole "secret boss that we aren't publicly testing" angle, the best way to kill him was of course an unintended cheese-type mechanic. For reasons that I don't remember, Blizzard decided to sort of throw their hands up in the air and say "woops, oh well" instead of hotfixing it. I don't know the context of what the stream is talking about, but that would be my guess.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
ok, Elemental Shaman, go

did a quick and dirty spec seems super fun, gonna egar him up in invasions to have another chance at the mace then. But in the meantime, I wanna have some fun.

Is that ice talent that boosts frost shock worth it? im not using it, because im saving up my maelstrom for either flame shock dot duration, or earth shock. And I already got elemental blast to "have another button"

that 5min elemental im also not using. There seems to be a lot of choices.

What are you ele shammys rolling with in general?
You like him more than enh? Trying to decide on my shaman at the moment

Rhaknar

"lets get away from Gul Dan because he sucks dick"

really Blizzard sponsored youtuber? maybe its the 37 year old in me but good lord

You like him more than enh? Trying to decide on my shaman at the moment

yes. I actually leveled as Enh from 90 to 100, and I REALLY liked it in the first couple of levels, and then it became incredibly stale for me. Elemental im really liking the spells and procs, not a big fan of all the big "dmg boost" cooldowns tho, but they are all talents so you dont HAVE to use them

Rizzi

Hooray! It only took like five years but I finally got my Scepter of Azj'Aqir.
Now to pretend archaeology doesn't exist.
Forever.

Anoregon

"lets get away from Gul Dan because he sucks dick"

really Blizzard sponsored youtuber? maybe its the 37 year old in me but good lord

Seriously. Gul'Dan never sucked a dick. He's definitely a virgin.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
the streamers they use to highlight wow are always embarassing. i guess they just don't have a muselk or whatever equivalent like they do for overwatch other than like bajheera.

remember the last time where the dude hosting was creeping on paula patton on stream?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Ha, Ian just said no more one year expansion packs, or at least them attempting them, I wonder if this means they can finally get back to 3 tiers and the last one won't last forever.

Top Bottom