• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yesterday I realized I gotta visit family for four days and I'll be back on the 30th, I'm gonna miss when the xpack goes live, this bums me out. Someone hold me.

Aeana

I sure am relieved to hear that this time, there will be no content drought. They've never promised that before, so that's how you know they're serious.

Fjordson

Karazhan!
VRxSDpP.gif

I'm playing for work anyways, but I'm down of Kara's return. Still need to find a new server.
Playing for work? Playing WoW??

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Kinda wish rather than just retuning Karazhan they tried to make a different wing of Kara. The main instance is too big for a 5 man IMO.

why is it too big for 5 man? whats the difference between a 5 man and a 10 man in time investment, if the loot is there and its tuned for 5 people? Kara was never a "full raid" dont forget

So with Nighthold being the 7.2 raid then (I thought it would be sooner -_-), two tier expansion again? Or just a lot more patches?

they have said its 3 tiers but I was wondering that aswell.

Milennia

So with Nighthold being the 7.2 raid then (I thought it would be sooner -_-), two tier expansion again? Or just a lot more patches?

NH is still t1, there are 3 tiers

its considered a 7.0 raid just like brf was a 6.0 raid

the mini raid doesnt matter, its a zone storyline specific raid so im sure it will be pretty accessible and easy, may not even be mythic i would imagine

EN is a VERY short raid, and if it was considered a tier i would have probably quit months ago

Finaj

NH is still t1, there are 3 tiers

its considered a 7.0 raid just like brf was a 6.0 raid

the mini raid doesnt matter, its a zone storyline specific raid so im sure it will be pretty accessible and easy, may not even be mythic i would imagine

EN is a VERY short raid, and if it was considered a tier i would have probably quit months ago

Emerald Nightmare isn't that small. It's about the same size as the Firelands.

Milennia

Emerald Nightmare isn't that small. It's about the same size as the Firelands.

I have completed and tested that entire raid 6 times over, it wont have the legs you think it does

firelands was VERY SHORT and had an engaging end boss that eclipsed everything else in the zone, EN is just dull through and through with no redeeming factors AND short

on top of that if you dont even raid mythic (the raid is shit on mythic also) half the bosses literally do nothing heroic down, ursoc for example LITERALLY stands still and uses 2 abilities, the place is a mess

NH is so much farther along on every spectrum its crazy really, people are cutting hours for EN to treat it as a gearing period if thats any more proof of the mythic communities thoughts on the matter

xavius will be the buggiest mess on launch also, you could tell from testing it 3 times and nothing changing, even working its a shit boss

why is it too big for 5 man? whats the difference between a 5 man and a 10 man in time investment, if the loot is there and its tuned for 5 people? Kara was never a "full raid" dont forget

Theoretically it's fine, but it's so spread out it will be about as great as places like BRD or UBRS. There's an expectation for 5-mans that they are generally smaller than Raids, and Kara in terms of scale still very much feels like a raid--not to mention huge rooms filled with Trash Mobs. The run between Curator and Netherspite/Aran (can't remember which one comes first) alone is bigger than most dungeons...

Yeah, I guess I was just assuming if Nighthold is unlocking after 7.1 they'll have the unlock be 7.2 and call it a day. My low faith in Blizz's "content" is subconsciously making me think the worst ;P

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Theoretically it's fine, but it's so spread out it will be about as great as places like BRD or UBRS. There's an expectation for 5-mans that they are generally smaller than Raids, and Kara in terms of scale still very much feels like a raid--not to mention huge rooms filled with Trash Mobs. The run between Curator and Netherspite/Aran (can't remember which one comes first) alone is bigger than most dungeons...

this isnt a normal dungeon to go with "expectations". its a new thing (well, or a return to an old thing if you remember original BRD for example) that many people have been asking for. Theres no reason to believe the zone wont be changed to be shorter, cut some corridors and whatnot, refurbish it a bit. I love Kara but it looks OLD (its TBC content), im sure they will revamp it

Sölf

What do we really know about the raid unlocks so far?

The game releases in 2 weeks. Most likely 3-4 weeks after launch, Emerald Nightmare will unlock. I would guess 1-2 months after EN patch 7.1 hits (so 2-3 months into the expansion), which would bring in the small raid between EN and Nighthold.

I would guess 1 month later, for a total of 2-3 months of Emerald Nightmare before Nighthold opens up. Which would then be open for probably 3-5 months before the next raid tier hits. Maybe we would get another small raid after some months.

I think Ion said at some point that BRF may have come a bit too soon after Highmaul. How many weeks/Months after Highmaul did it launch? 2 months? 3 months?

Yeah, I guess I was just assuming if Nighthold is unlocking after 7.1 they'll have the unlock be 7.2 and call it a day. My low faith in Blizz's "content" is subconsciously making me think the worst ;P

It would seem they are trying to "correct" their past behavior with Legion at least. I think they want patches to always bring something new rather than have "Story Driven Content" get its own patch. Patches like 5.1 and 6.1 were super disappointing in that regard--they mostly offered a handful of new quests or arbitrary crap that nobody wanted.

this isnt a normal dungeon to go with "expectations". its a new thing (well, or a return to an old thing if you remember original BRD for example) that many people have been asking for. Theres no reason to believe the zone wont be changed to be shorter, cut some corridors and whatnot, refurbish it a bit. I love Kara but it looks OLD (its TBC content), im sure they will revamp it

That's what I was talking about--they need to clean it up and shorten it or people won't want to run it because it will take too long. Even when Kara was on farm back in TBC, it wasn't uncommon for it to take almost 2 hours, mostly due to all the walking between bosses. I think they should divide it up into 3 Wings or something of that nature. Attumen/Moroes/Maiden/Opera work as their own wing, and Nightbane isn't too far off. So throw those together, then do Curator and on as their own dungeon.

Milennia

Sölf;214023726 said:
What do we really know about the raid unlocks so far?

The game releases in 2 weeks. Most likely 3-4 weeks after launch, Emerald Nightmare will unlock. I would guess 1-2 months after EN patch 7.1 hits (so 2-3 months into the expansion), which would bring in the small raid between EN and Nighthold.

I would guess 1 month later, for a total of 2-3 months of Emerald Nightmare before Nighthold opens up. Which would then be open for probably 3-5 months before the next raid tier hits. Maybe we would get another small raid after some months.

I think Ion said at some point that BRF may have come a bit too soon after Highmaul. How many weeks/Months after Highmaul did it launch? 2 months? 3 months?

we know nothing other than hints because they feel the need to drop 7.1 information before 7.0 information and fuck over everyone planning basically

but the assumed month for NH is january currently by most in the know

meaning EN 3 weeks in is also the presumed date, 4 would be great though

Ashodin

THOUGH, to be fair, they've been really churning out content like a mofo lately.

If they can keep the pace, we'll be inundated with content and also they've said World Quests are easy peasy to add to the world with the system they've setup.

I seriously think the next expansion will revamp Azeroth and add scaling tech + world quests to the whole thing. Make the entire world relevant.

lol outland/northrend

Call me crazy here, but I think Azeroth will wake up and actually allow the planet to travel through space (to Argus!) so we can fight as a mobile world platform

Rhaknar

That's what I was talking about--they need to clean it up and shorten it or people won't want to run it because it will take too long. Even when Kara was on farm back in TBC, it wasn't uncommon for it to take almost 2 hours, mostly due to all the walking between bosses. I think they should divide it up into 3 Wings or something of that nature. Attumen/Moroes/Maiden/Opera work as their own wing, and Nightbane isn't too far off. So throw those together, then do Curator and on as their own dungeon.

so you just want them to do it like dire maul or BRD... so whats the point of it being a raid-like 5 man mega dungeon? this is meant to take long to complete, like a raid

so you just want them to do it like dire maul or BRD... so whats the point of it being a raid-like 5 man mega dungeon? this is meant to take long to complete, like a raid

I think making it a raid-like mega dungeon is a bit of a mistake. It's going to be too drawn out unless they really incentivize people.

vocab

seriously dont know what to play. All the specs seem so stripped of its former glory. Hard to get excited to play a spec.

erawsd

we know nothing other than hints because they feel the need to drop 7.1 information before 7.0 information and fuck over everyone planning basically

but the assumed month for NH is january currently by most in the know

meaning EN 3 weeks in is also the presumed date, 4 would be great though

It almost sounded like he was suggesting 4-5 months for EN since he started out by saying the 2 month gap between HM and BRF was too short.

Milennia

It almost sounded like he was suggesting 4-5 months for EN since he started out by saying the 2 month gap between HM and BRF was too short.

i believe hes referring tot he tier following the launch tier since they have stated an otherwise shorter release schedule but you never really can tell

especially since they dont release the schedule and would instead prefer to announce content that is nowhere near the launch of the expansion

3 months between EN and NH with NH being in january is a safe expectation i would still say

erawsd

i believe hes referring tot he tier following the launch tier since they have stated an otherwise shorter release schedule but you never really can tell

especially since they dont release the schedule and would instead prefer to announce content that is nowhere near the launch of the expansion

3 months between EN and NH with NH being in january is a safe expectation i would still say

Well, I hope its only 3 months because 4-5 months of a 7 boss raid with no tier seems far too long.

Epix

Boosted to 100 last week. Whats the most effective way to get to 700 ilvl? Or should I not really worry about it since the new leveling zones up in two weeks anyway?

Hixx

Boosted to 100 last week. Whats the most effective way to get to 700 ilvl? Or should I not really worry about it since the new leveling zones up in two weeks anyway?

Invasions. Could get to 700 in a day if do enough of them no problem.

Fjordson

Invasions will get you past 700 item lvl quite easily. Should only take a few days, if that.

Chests from invasions give you ilvl 700 gear. Plus you can use the nethershards from the invasions to buy ilvl 700 rings, trinkets, and a cloak in Stormwind/Orgrimmar.

Son1x

Weapons can also be looted from invasion chests and can be easily upgraded to 725. Yesterdays hotfix also added warforged invasion drops, so the armors ilvl end up being 710-720

So my friend got me to start playing again, and we're doing some invasions. We're on a PVP server from years ago and invasions are so damn miserable it makes me want to quit. I can't participate at all because even though our server is balanced H:A the server group is massively in favor of horde players and they will just kill you on sight. What the hell were they thinking, couldn't they at least have made these neutral zones for the purpose of invasions seeing as its part of the story and kind of essential here?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Race changed from Orc Shaman to Troll Shaman. Ya mon.

Tenebrous

So my friend got me to start playing again, and we're doing some invasions. We're on a PVP server from years ago and invasions are so damn miserable it makes me want to quit. I can't participate at all because even though our server is balanced H:A the server group is massively in favor of horde players and they will just kill you on sight. What the hell were they thinking, couldn't they at least have made these neutral zones for the purpose of invasions seeing as its part of the story and kind of essential here?

Everywhere is "part of the story."

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's cool that Kara is coming back...but I feel more confused than ever about the release timeline after how they handled Blackrock Foundry. Was that its own "tier"? Should I expect Nighthold 4-5 months after Emerald Nightmare or are they actually going to do a split tier properly this time around? Where does Kara fit into these things? It's not a raid tier, so logically would that mean 7.2 hits 4-5 months after Legion launch and 7.1 with Kara is before that? That seems kind of crazy.

Sounds like PVP happening on a PVP server.

Tenebrous

I'm not sure I'm following, I mean having PVP turned to a neutral state or flagged state only in invasion zones for the purpose of the co-operation in the story.

Sorry, but this...

Sounds like PVP happening on a PVP server.

Is what I believe.

But it doesn't really make any sense in this situation and is plain miserable for the built mechanics. Plus it's not like I have an option to stop this other than paying 100's of dollars to move my characters.

Why doesn't it make sense? The Horde & Alliance are at odds with each other, and there's been plenty of examples in the past of us fighting the faction war while fighting a clearly bigger threat.

Shit, we take the Alliance airship outta the sky in ICC.

With you on the cost of transfers being stupid, though.

Top Bottom