• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Sorry, but this...

Is what I believe.

Why doesn't it make sense? The Horde & Alliance are at odds with each other, and there's been plenty of examples in the past of us fighting the faction war while fighting a clearly bigger threat.

Shit, we take the Alliance airship outta the sky in ICC.

Because it's the only thing to do right now and the story is we're in a tentative alliance. In a War Zone under the eyes of generals, mid battle they wouldn't be fighting each other like this. It's about keeping face. Skirmishes outside of this, rogue factions and groups attacking each other that makes sense. This wouldn't make any sense, having neutral zones in these invasion zones would just make sense. Whatever sounds like I'm screwed, wonder if I can get a refund.

Or does anyone know a way to switch to migrate to a lower pop PVE server for free? (I remember that being an option at one point) I don't even care at this point. Me and my buddies just want to get out of this without paying through the nose.

Ashodin

Race changed from Orc Shaman to Troll Shaman. Ya mon.

SPIRITS BE WITH YOU MON

edit: people complaining about PVP on a pvp server lol

It's what you signed up for.

If I were on a PVP server, I would play tactical about these events. Tag what I could with some damage when I can, and then clean up stuff on my own.

Or does anyone know a way to switch to migrate to a lower pop PVE server for free? (I remember that being an option at one point) I don't even care at this point. Me and my buddies just want to get out of this without paying through the nose.
Other than starting from scratch on a new server, I don't think they have any free transfers going on right now.

erawsd

Because it's the only thing to do right now and the story is we're in a tentative alliance. In a War Zone under the eyes of generals, mid battle they wouldn't be fighting each other like this. It's about keeping face. Skirmishes outside of this, rogue factions and groups attacking each other that makes sense. This wouldn't make any sense, having neutral zones in these invasion zones would just make sense. Whatever sounds like I'm screwed, wonder if I can get a refund.

Just stick to the invasions in your faction territory. You cant be attacked there unless you flag yourself.

Shahadan

If you're that much willing to do invasions just start a new characater and gain exp that way.
Or just create a DK, go through a few invasions, hit 70 and then main a Demon Hunter.

Other than starting from scratch on a new server, I don't think they have any free transfers going on right now.

Years ago I left Medivh because the server population dropped so low. I was on it since Vanilla, was hoping to find better raid groups in a larger pool of players. Biggest mistake of my WoW playing career.

Lomax

There's never been a better or easier time to reroll than right now.

Just stick to the invasions in your faction territory. You cant be attacked there unless you flag yourself.

That is definitely not true. I'm on Alliance in Westfall and Ironforge and I can't even see the ground through all the hostile Horde name bars. I have to just hover in the air and do nothing.

There's never been a better or easier time to reroll than right now.

I suppose so, just hurts to let go of 12 90+ characters.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
As much as I fight Anoregon on the whole Lock thing... I'm 99% sure I'm playing Hunter in Legion, so lol

rashida-jones-the-office-shrug-gif.gif

mclem

Sölf;214015293 said:
Phantom of the Opera

"Stay out of the light beams to avoid the falling chandeliers"

Sölf;214015479 said:
Japanese Richii Mahjong on Mytrhic+15

4 hour guide to explain the rules.

Mythic +20, Mornington Crescent.

Mythic +25, Medivhball.

Son1x

Got my first heirloom trinket from the mythic dungeons today. I got the one for resto druid, do I have to change my loot spec to get the others?

cdyhybrid

But it doesn't really make any sense in this situation and is plain miserable for the built mechanics. Plus it's not like I have an option to stop this other than paying 100's of dollars to move my characters.
Yeah, it's stupid, but people want to be able to gank lowbies from the skies so it won't get changed.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's cool that Kara is coming back...but I feel more confused than ever about the release timeline after how they handled Blackrock Foundry. Was that its own "tier"? Should I expect Nighthold 4-5 months after Emerald Nightmare or are they actually going to do a split tier properly this time around? Where does Kara fit into these things? It's not a raid tier, so logically would that mean 7.2 hits 4-5 months after Legion launch and 7.1 with Kara is before that? That seems kind of crazy.

7.1 will probably be out about 2 months after Legion launches, assuming it actually does go on the PTR right after Legion launches. With the way they staggered raid releases in WoD, that would still put it comfortably in between Nightmare going live and Nighthold going live.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
7.1 will probably be out about 2 months after Legion launches, assuming it actually does go on the PTR right after Legion launches. With the way they staggered raid releases in WoD, that would still put it comfortably in between Nightmare going live and Nighthold going live.
After the worst drought of all time...Legion then 7.1 then Nighthold just seems nutty on paper...

Chris R

So, I just downloaded the game again and saw that they added the ability to pay for your account with gold??? How easy is it to farm gold these days? It looks like I'd have about 10k left if I reactivated for a month

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
3.3 was Icecrown and the three 5-mans right? Yeah that was a good'n.

Though to be fair I think it had no content outside of instances. Trials was a shitty raid, but it also came with all those tourney quests, and that ain't nothing (even if I don't particularly like them.)

3.3 was the implementation of the Cross-Realm Dungeon Finder.

aerogod 2.0

Neo Member
So, I just downloaded the game again and saw that they added the ability to pay for your account with gold??? How easy is it to farm gold these days? It looks like I'd have about 10k left if I reactivated for a month

If you play like a slightly more than normal amount and you have 4 or 5 max level characters you can cover the cost of the WoW Token just farming the old raids every week, even after the nerf.
If that sounds boring for you though and you make money more easily IRL it might be better worth your time to just pay for the sub.

In Legion Class Halls they have missions that earn gold. If you plan on leveling 5 or 6 characters you can most likely make the gold AFK that way, if thats how you choose to spend your gold income to save some IRL dollars as apposed to ingame power and items

dimb

Should I buy a month of WoW and get into the groove of things again, or wait until Legion?
Wait until a few days before or until Legion launches, unless you want to level up a character through invasions.

Tenebrous

Should I buy a month of WoW and get into the groove of things again, or wait until Legion?

If there's anything you want to farm like transmog, I'd resub before the Tuesday/Wednesday reset. Otherwise, just wait, and resub a day or two before Legion. There's really nothing to get into the groove with.

A couple of random questions about some lore, just to get thoughts from you all:

Which side do you think better fits pandaren?

Do you consider the undead "evil?"

Chris R

If you play like a slightly more than normal amount and you have 4 or 5 max level characters you can cover the cost of the WoW Token just farming the old raids every week, even after the nerf.
If that sounds boring for you though and you make money more easily IRL it might be better worth your time to just pay for the sub.

In Legion Class Halls they have missions that earn gold. If you plan on leveling 5 or 6 characters you can most likely make the gold AFK that way, if thats how you choose to spend your gold income to save some IRL dollars as apposed to ingame power and items

OK cool, looks like it will be best to wait for Legion to launch to get back into things, I had only one max level character, but a few others less than 10 levels behind.

dimb

A couple of random questions about some lore, just to get thoughts from you all:

Which side do you think better fits pandaren?

Do you consider the undead "evil?"
Pandaren should have been Alliance only, but I'm pretty sure Blizzard just wanted to focus their efforts into a single race for MoP after the problems with Worgen/Goblins. Are undead evil? For the last few expansions they have largely been fighting against greater threats, so they are a boon to Azeroth. I would say that the other races should not really put much trust into the Forsaken though, especially with the direction the story is leading them.

biaxident

So what's the general consensus around leveling a character right now. as a DK etc. Just go straight to the invasions and sit in?

Do invasions, but dont just sit in. Get really far away from everyone, and kill regular demons and normal elite demons in stage 3/4, really good xp that way. You just have to solo them for max effort, so when a 100 swoops in and moonfires at 1% hp your xp goes way down. Thats the new leveling meta!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Pandaren definitely should have been Alliance only. Having one neutral race is cool, though.

Blood Elves/High Elves would have been a better choice for that race...

Got my first heirloom trinket from the mythic dungeons today. I got the one for resto druid, do I have to change my loot spec to get the others?

Nah.

I actually have 4/5 as a Windwalker. I got the Agility DPS one first, then the tank one, then the healing one, then I got int caster after that.

I'm not sure if changing loot spec would make the process faster, but I've only been running mythics for three weeks now.

Edit:

Oh my fucking god at that twich video.

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

I'm laughing so hard

Top Bottom