• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Sölf

Maybe this Karazhan will be backwards from top to bottom. So the planned but later scrapped entrance at the top with the Griphon Roost finally can be used!

Savitar

You know I do like the fact it feels like they're really trying to make it feel like there are consequences this time around, remember how in WoD one of the biggest complaints was that we basically steam rolled the Iron Horde and they were as much of a threat as a wet tissue? They took that to heart, some might say they've pushed too hard in other direction with certain deaths and all but it's nice to see and feel like there is some sense of urgency and shit happens for once.

If the expansion as a whole is able to carry it through with some fights being losses in the end and not everything good happening I'll be a bit happy really. It's not an easy line to walk and in an MMO it's even tougher but seeing our forces have to earn that win is more satisfying than "Oh your so awesome, go in there and kill them now.".

You know I do like the fact it feels like they're really trying to make it feel like there are consequences this time around, remember how in WoD one of the biggest complaints was that we basically steam rolled the Iron Horde and they were as much of a threat as a wet tissue? They took that to heart, some might say they've pushed too hard in other direction with certain deaths and all but it's nice to see and feel like there is some sense of urgency and shit happens for once.

If the expansion as a whole is able to carry it through with some fights being losses in the end and not everything good happening I'll be a bit happy really. It's not an easy line to walk and in an MMO it's even tougher but seeing our forces have to earn that win is more satisfying than "Oh your so awesome, go in there and kill them now.".

I like it a lot. If we're fighting the Legion it should feel like we're at our wits end. Leaders are dying. Enemies are warping onto our planet with infinite soldiers. People are so desperate that arch enemies are freeing each other because hey, we're fucked anyway. We gotta go dig up ancient Titan artifacts and Keepers to stand a fighting chance. Wouldn't be surprised if we try and get the Scourge and Old Gods to clash with the Legion. I think the only races on Azeroth that would be on the Legions side are the Naga and Highborne, plus Gul'dans forces.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A complete dark horse has won my Legion mainship
Untitled_large.jpg

I just wish there was an option to choose having knees and/or elbows as a Forsaken. I mean you can choose not to have a jaw, why can't I frankenstien me some elbow meats?

Robin64

I loved Kara, but I'd much rather have seen something original than revisit something I ran over 100 times during TBC.

Well I mean, that's what the rest of Legion is. Plus 7.1 has a mini-raid, that's probably not set in Kara too.

Also it should be quite different from the Kara we know, especially if it's a different entrance.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
err lol I just killed lady vash in 2 seconds and she didnt do her phase 2, I didnt even know that was possible. dropped the tier 5 boots I wanted too, to complete the set :)

And technically 3 of those are from the same encounter (the opera event)

oh is it, in the dungeon journal? hmm so it IS 9 bosses like the say, I guess maybe it is just the same bosses then? with new twists maybe, Legion versions of some of them? dunno

Tenebrous

Well I mean, that's what the rest of Legion is. Plus 7.1 has a mini-raid, that's probably not set in Kara too.

Also it should be quite different from the Kara we know, especially if it's a different entrance.

True that - And it's my most anticipated feature to boot.

err lol I just killed lady vash in 2 seconds and she didnt do her phase 2, I didnt even know that was possible. drop the tier 5 boots I wanted too to complete the set :)

It's the only reason I can tolerate farming her. Shield Slam for 13m shuts her up good.

crazyprac

I've played horde since vanilla but I quit serious raiding in lich king but now I have a bit more time to play, any alliance guilds in here willing to pick up a player from scratch? Usually play mage/pally but can entertain any needed class. Looking to raid mostly and preferably eastern time.

Pm me :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
instead of the chest event, it will be a hearthstone match

wait, that would be awesome >_>

Why did he killed that random human ?

Dude was bored. Also, why was the random human skulking around outside of Karazhan, which would have at the very LAST, the fame of being a "haunted castle" lol

Trickster

So the boat from stormwind to the night elf island hasn't shown up in like 15 minutes now, wtf. I have invasion to farm for xp

Kara is basically a mini -raid? Awesome. Another small raid? Awesome. More world content? Awesome.

Blizzard is pushing Legion really hard and damn if that isn't awesome. The idea that day and date (or within a few weeks, this is blizz after all XD) of Legion coming out we could have Kara on the PTR to test is crazy awesome.

Kara is basically a mini -raid? Awesome. Another small raid? Awesome. More world content? Awesome.

Blizzard is pushing Legion really hard and damn if that isn't awesome. The idea that day and date (or within a few weeks, this is blizz after all XD) of Legion coming out we could have Kara on the PTR to test is crazy awesome.

According to mmo-champion, its a 5man dungeon. Whatever that will mean next xpa. But yeah if they can keep content comming out without to much distance it will be amazing. These 12month+ draughts will make it boring no matter of the quality.

As someone who is kind of burned out on Vanilla/TBC/WotLK questing and dungeons, especially since I just leveled a warrior from 1-100 recently, I've really enjoyed the alternative of leveling a toon up fairly quickly through invasions.

I've got my Monk to 60 already and will probably end the day at being 70, maybe 80, depending on if I can squeeze in some dungeon queuing later on. I've definitely leveled faster than I would through straight dungeon queuing and have way more gold than I would otherwise have through vendoring invasion gear. That's been great.

That said, I do not understand their thought process behind experience gain in invasions. If you participate in a group killing an enemy, you get little to no experience. The more people participate in killing a thing, the greater the experience decay is. Things go from netting you 11k exp solo to like 78 exp in a group. So the best way to participate in a group event like invasions and net the most benefit is to not participate in groups. You even net less experience if you free an NPC and have them follow you around and help you. That's, just, what?

Overall, I'll be super happy with invasions if I get this Monk to Cata or MoP content. If I get it to cap and geared to 700, that would be even better but I just don't understand their thought process behind how exp works in these things. It's just wonky.

I found the Chinese spy.

I just want elbow meats for my casters, I mean, how do their sleeves stay on?

WoW Shower Thoughts.

Top Bottom