• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

ampere

Just tried the Holy Enchantment buff on a level 62 monk. Hilarious how much I was insta-gibbing stuff haha.

This is going to get hotfixed so hard. Wonder if they could fix the XP splitting issues in invasions as well though.

Which NPC do you get it from? Flew around SW harbor on my Warlock and didn't get it

Robin64

I'm partial to the Tirisfal set for mages.

t5-mage-tirisfal1.jpg

I love things kept simple, and this is, but still looks nice.

I also really like the Time Lord's set. I think these are the LFR colours, but whatever, I like this colour scheme the most.

Done a bunch of invasions to try and level and I've only leveled once and about 25%, this is pretty shit DPS, it's really not worth it.

I started an azhara invasion at about 75% of 82, and I am at 33% of a level at 83, with 6 minutes played for that level because of the invasions

during phase 3 and 4 I found a pack of dudes that no one else was fighting and did that instead of skulls. I went from 75-82 since tuesday just doing that method, and that's only doing a few a day

Philosophically the Pandaren just don't align to the Horde very well. Some of this is in the really old lore books that are sort of retconned now. But really, the Pandaren should be fairly repulsed by the Undead, at odds with the materialistic nature of Goblins, way of the Blood Elves and their addiction to magic, and put off by how the trolls pervert nature into voodoo.

Don't see them lining up with Dwarves, Gnomes or Humans really, either. (Worgen are just shittier humans)

Night Elf, Tauren, and Pandaren to make their own faction in World of Warcraft: Ballad of the Snakemen

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm partial to the Tirisfal set for mages.

t5-mage-tirisfal1.jpg

I love things kept simple, and this is, but still looks nice.

I also really like the Time Lord's set

i genuinely don't think that mages have ever had a really outstanding set...except maybe tier 2...and that might just be because most of them are flat-out awful so it seems okay by comparison

Nere

Has anyone read the description on Humongris one of the world bosses? It is really fun:D

Humongris has always had the dream of wielding magic. After finding he had no aptitude in the arcane arts, Humongris settled for instead wielding a wizard. Humongris sought out and captured the mage Padawsen and now wields him as a wand, using threats of violence and a tightening grip to hurl magic around the battlefield.

and here is a pic of him wielding his wand:D

300px-Humongris.jpg

carlsojo

Has anyone read the description on Humongris one of the world bosses? It is really fun:D

Humongris has always had the dream of wielding magic. After finding he had no aptitude in the arcane arts, Humongris settled for instead wielding a wizard. Humongris sought out and captured the mage Padawsen and now wields him as a wand, using threats of violence and a tightening grip to hurl magic around the battlefield.

300px-Humongris.jpg

Holy shit that is amazing hahahaha

Sölf

300px-Humongris.jpg

Some of his skills are just as great:

Fire Boom – Humongris squeezes Padawsen, forcing him to launch an explosive fire bolt, inflicting 390000 to 410000 Fire damage to all enemies in the area.

Make the Snow – Humongris shakes Padawsen, forcing him to create Blizzards around him, inflicting 250000 Frost damage every 2 sec and reducing movement speed by 50%

You Go Bang! – Humongris squeezes Padawsen until he turns his target into a bomb, which after 12 sec inflicts 800000 Fire damage and increases the damage the target takes by 50% for 35 sec.

Is it my idea or the extended view distance isn't that noticable? Thought they said view distance is double the old one.

You can be in Dalaran and see Ulduar now. The thing is, old zones still have their thick fog. New Legion zones look better.

Even in the old zones it can be a pretty big difference with specific landmarks. Like you can see the swirly thing in Westfall from Dun Morogh.

And they say Blizzard's writing is bad!

Nere

Even in the old zones it can be a pretty big difference with specific landmarks. Like you can see the swirly thing in Westfall from Dun Morogh.

I am doing invasions now and yeah on Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms I see a huge difference but on Pandaria I don't. I was turning it to 7 and 10 all the time and yeah there is a difference but not on Pandaria. Dunno if it is just me or with everyone.

Inversive

Leveled a mage to 60, used boost from preorder and enter game, the loading bar stops at the end for like 5 minutes so i alt f4. Log in again and it's stuck on retrieving realm for a while but eventually got back on, still says the mage is 60, try to enter the world to see if it will boost to 100 when it's in game but it loads abit and then says a character with this name already exists and i get booted back to character select. Any help?

So fucking stressed lmao

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Is it my idea or the extended view distance isn't that noticable? Thought they said view distance is double the old one.
Try experimenting with these console variables:

farclip
horizonStart

Note that certain values require you to set them manually in the Config.wtf file. You won't see any difference if you input really low or really high values in-game.

This will be the first expac I have not bought, it's been 2 years since I last played.

It keeps gnawing away at me that I should buy it again and jump back in, but ever since my guild disbanded years ago every time I come back I never last longer than 2 months...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Don't see them lining up with Dwarves, Gnomes or Humans really, either. (Worgen are just shittier humans)

Night Elf, Tauren, and Pandaren to make their own faction in World of Warcraft: Ballad of the Snakemen
You really can't see them lining up with Dwarves?
Although they have been on Kalimdor a short time, the pandaren have already developed a special bond with the Ironforge dwarves. The dwarves are a race that appreciates good ale and a good story, and they have many tell of their own. The pandaren have enjoyed their stops at Bael Modan and the things they have learned of the Alliance, the Horde and the Scourge there. Being a race that honors their ancestors as well, they aid the dwarves in their search for titan artifacts when they can. They believe knowing where one comes from is an important aspect to living a full life. They have also made friends in the half-elves they have encountered, as the half-elves are beginning to adopt the same life-accepting philosophies as the pandaren, and they find them to be ideal traveling partners. Most pandaren have recently arrived on Kalimdor, but there are some that fought in the recent conflicts surrounding Illidan. A number of pandaren were visiting the dwarves of Bael Modan when the call came to the Alliance to prevent the blood elf and naga army traveling to Northrend. To honor their hosts, the pandaren visitors joined the fight. It was during this battle that they formed most of their opinions regarding the other races.

Micapo

This buff is the greatest. Just using it in invasions and god damn, just so much fun. Inevitable nerf probably on the way I would think today but I sure hope not as I'm getting close to lvl 90 on my DK

You really can't see them lining up with Dwarves?

assumed the strip mining of shit would be problematic for them but I dont play dwarves/alliance so I dunno if they even do that. Dwarves died when Muradin didnt

That makes sense, though

This buff is the greatest. Just using it in invasions and god damn, just so much fun. Inevitable nerf probably on the way I would think today but I sure hope not as I'm getting close to lvl 90 on my DK

I keep seeing posts about a buff what is the buff

It's the holy buff from the table, right? How do you get it before 98?

Zelias

Banned

Yes. And you just go to where it is and it seems to spawn for even low-level players.

The buff itself doesn't scale by level though, resulting in you doing ludicrous damage. I can two-shot named elites with it. If it doesn't get hotfixed today I will be astonished.

Sarek

Good thing hat you don't lose it when you die either, because that DPS sure draws a lot of agro.

Micapo

assumed the strip mining of shit would be problematic for them but I dont play dwarves/alliance so I dunno if they even do that. Dwarves died when Muradin didnt

That makes sense, though

As Zelias said you can just go there and pick it up. The cauldron buff requires 98 but the holy one is up for grabs for anyone.

Micapo

Good thing hat you don't lose it when you die either, because that DPS sure draws a lot of agro.

Ain't that the truth. I'm leveling a DK so I swooped in on named bosses feeling cocky (or by mistake) way too many times just to get one shotted so the fact it doesn't dissapear on death is so good.

Oh look, invasions have been reset. Here we go again

Rizzi

300px-Humongris.jpg

Okay that's pretty funny.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yeah, used up all my rested (and can't buy faster mount speed yet), but went from 61 to 64 and a half just via multi-dotting elites and running away constantly on my Warlock.

Hoping to get to at least 80 before work, lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp my sub expired, and even tho ive done most of my trasnmogs this reset, I still want to log in just...because? that itch.

thats a good thing I gues. Oh well, I wont "save" these 2 weeks like I said before, no biggie

Considering using my Battletag change...

Have a lot of people on GAF who know mine, but it would make it easier on people in my guild...

Might also open up a new twitch account solely for streaming from.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I cant find where to use my BNet balance to pay for my sub, even tho I did it last time. I know I had to do it via the client shop, not the website, but this time I cant find it. In fact, im seeing this in the client shop:

"Note: Subscriptions can't be purchased with Battle.net Balance."

yeeeeeeah except the part where I have that balance because the 2 month pre-paid card I bought didnt give me 2 months of game time like the old days, it gave me 26€ in my bnet wallet.... did they change something recently?

little help?

Robin64

Purchased one of those cards myself, which added the value to my bnet balance. Haven't had to use it yet, my time isn't up, but that's weird. Especially because on the card it says to use your balance to buy game time.

7r194Ml.png

Kain

lol I leveled up a whole level oneshotting fools with this trick lolololol

I'm going to abuse this before they remove it xD

Rhaknar

Purchased one of those cards myself, which added the value to my bnet balance. Haven't had to use it yet, my time isn't up, but that's weird. Especially because on the card it says to use your balance to buy game time.

7r194Ml.png

lol yeah I actually still have my card (usually would have thrown away already) and it says the same, in Portuguese.

"you can use bnet balance to buy game time"

...WELP

Rhaknar

You might have to go through the battle.net store, and buy sub time via that, rather than a the normal subscription process.

thats what I had to do last month, and what im trying to do now and I cant find a way to do it this time around

edit: found it! for those wondering in the future like me, in the bnet client shop, you dont go to subcriptions, you go to services. There, you can "buy game time" instead of adding a sub. Crisis averted! You can even gift game time from here, neat

M.D

Any deals for game time (digital only)? My sub expires in a few days and I don't feel like paying 70k+ again :s

whats this now?
There's some crazy bug right now for leveling 98-100. Or even just clearing invasions in general.

Once you hit 98, pick up the quest before you take the boat over. Org/SW, wherever your city is. You end up getting food/armor/damage buffs. The damage one is a random holy damage proc. I've been 2 shotting mobs for the last hour. Even 25% health of the final boss per proc. It's insane. It only took 21 minutes to get from 98 to 99 just by clearing as much as I could during stage 3.

Try it out. Only works if you haven't started the initial legion quest. You can keep the quest and never finish it and just keep picking up the buffs. This will probably be hotfixed real soon. Luckily I'm about to hit 100 lol
I was able to grab it on my level 32 Draenei Priest. Leveled up 4 times in a single invasion.

Top Bottom