• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Glad that they fixed this. Should be easy to determine which characters had this buff active in those zones.

A buff that you do nothing but walk up and grab that is intended for killing demons. They specifically made the bandages require level 98 but the buffs do not. If they change it, fine... but holy shit, get off your high horse. Your definition of cheating is crazy.

No, your definition of cheating and fair play is crazy.

He won't be happy until everyone is banned and hopefully life in prison.

Nah dude, a short 48/72h in-game ban should be sufficient to teach those people a valuable lesson about fair play.

Worst kind of scum.

So that's your tactic to defend your behaviour when you get called out? Making up stupid shit? I never said that anyone should "go to prison", or that those people are "the worst kind of scum".

I'm serious. Just did a stint in Azshara and then in the Barrens. Stuff respawns in Wave 3 and 4.

(And it's fixed now :p)

It does *not* respawn in "seconds". Also, again, thanks to those exploiters, there is no time at all for respawn, because the event ends so fast.

Kain

You're right, well, it's been three very fast levels, so it was worth it!

Gemüsepizza;214121346 said:

Dude, if you're trolling you're very bad, if you're serious it's even worse, because you have no idea what fun is. Instead of playing games you should become a police and arrest people. Preferably people that are havin fun.

Xeteh

Gemüsepizza;214121346 said:
Glad that they fixed this. Should be easy to determine which characters had this buff active in those zones.

No, your definition of cheating and fair play is crazy.

Nah dude, a short 48/72h in-game ban should be sufficient to teach those people a valuable lesson about fair play

It does *not* respawn in "seconds". Also, again, thanks to those exploiters, there is no time at all for respawn, because the event ends so fast.

Yeah, we're all crazy and you're the lone sane one here.

They fixed it by making the damage scale which means they don't care that people use it... it was just too strong. Don't hold your breath for the divine retribution you're expecting us all to face for our egregious sins.

You're right, well, it's been three very fast levels, so it was worth it!
Dude, if you're trolling you're very bad, if you're serious it's even worse, because you have no idea what fun is. Instead of playing games you should become a police and arrest people. Preferably people that are havin fun.

Are you for real? Your idea of "fun" is negatively affecting other players.

Istaerion

Gemüsepizza;214121955 said:

I don't know about you, but it certainly wasn't fun having level 100 players follow me around and purposefully attack and kill my mobs so I get barely to no experience on my low level characters.

This mishap they just fixed actually allowed me to get stuff done instead of waste my time traveling the zone only to end up with largely nothing for my trouble. Now it's back to either going AFK or just spamming dungeons to level as the current system needs to be addressed regarding participation.

Stay thy blade, wroth and fury noble warrior of the keyboard, your foe has been vanquished! Huzzah! Twas merely a dev oversight that has now been corrected, there shall be no retribution.

Kain

Gemüsepizza;214121955 said:

No it's not, youre ridiculously delusional with that attitude of "everyone is wrong but me".

This exploit or whatever we want to call it was a fun little mistake that affected negatively literally no one, it's fun for the people using it, it's a non issue for the people that didn't. Now we're back to getting shit exp or afking, yeah, now it's way more fun!

Seriously, I'm sure you were one of the people crying in Shattrah during the pre-LK exp because he couldn't go to the vendors to cash in that hard earned rep because of all the exploding zombies.

Rizzi

No it's not, youre ridiculously delusional with that attitude of "everyone is wrong but me".

This exploit or whatever we want to call it was a fun little mistake that affected negatively literally no one, it's fun for the people using it, it's a non issue for the people that didn't. Now we're back to getting shit exp or afking, yeah, now it's way more fun!

Seriously, I'm sure you were one of the people crying in Shattrah during the pre-LK exp because he couldn't go to the vendors to cash in that hard earned rep because of all the exploding zombies.
Oh fuck I had forgotten about the undead invasion.
That was fun.

vocab

back to having that crz dungeon finder lag. Spikes up to 200 ping only in CRZ. The same fucking issue I had the first 3 months of WoD.

biaxident

Look all the 100k proc really did is prevent 100s from ninja tagging your mobs at 1%, thats why it was fun. I don't know how many mobs I took from 100-5% had a 100 swoop in throw 1 attack and xp is reduced to the ground. The glaring issue with invasions is to fix sharing xp. It looks to me that they are working on it, i'm seeing better numbers from when a 100 tags it. Simple system would be if i do 95% of dmg, i get 95% of the expected xp.

I don't know about you, but it certainly wasn't fun having level 100 players follow me around and purposefully attack and kill my mobs so I get barely to no experience on my low level characters.

This mishap they just fixed actually allowed me to get stuff done instead of waste my time traveling the zone only to end up with largely nothing for my trouble. Now it's back to either going AFK or just spamming dungeons to level as the current system needs to be addressed regarding participation.

Of course, others are to blame because you did use the exploit.

Everyone = 5 guys in this thread and a few cheaters in-game? I fear you are the one who is delusional.

This exploit or whatever we want to call it was a fun little mistake that affected negatively literally no one,

"Literally no one"? Wrong. It did affect everyone who wanted to legitimately level their characters in the game.

it's fun for the people using it, it's a non issue for the people that didn't. Now we're back to getting shit exp or afking, yeah, now it's way more fun!

I already explained to you how and why this is in fact an issue for people. Why do you think that Blizzard issued a hotfix several minutes ago? Because it was "affecting no one"?

Stupid analogy. One was an official event from Blizzard, the other one was an exploit used by a few players who knew about it.

Well I leveled both my warrior and monk with said 'exploit' and did like 4 levels on my pally in like 20 mins with only a couple to go and it's still hitting super hard so I'm not mad.

Xeteh

Man, I remember the great plague incident where every city was a deathtrap and no-one was safe.

No flying mounts to save you.

At least that pales in comparison to the Mad Buff Usage of 2016. This last day and a half is a dark blemish on the history of Warcraft.

Onivulk

Banned
Confession: I used to play an Ele Shaman in Wrath. I would look for alliance afk on flying mounts and I would thunderstorm them off their mount to their death. They would die from fall damage so their armor would break.

I was never banned for this. Blizzard isn't going to ban anyone for being clever.

Istaerion

Gemüsepizza;214123491 said:
Of course, others are to blame because you did use the exploit.

I used the "exploit" simply because jackasses from my own realm and others decided that ruining my experience gain was a jolly good way to pass the time during invasions before it was even a thing.

Now what do I do since they fixed the buff scaling? I just AFK or don't participate at all. Heck, going by your standards, I'm probably scum for even being in the zone since I'm not contributing greatly.

Honestly, get a clue.

Wait someone thinks that was "cheating" lol ok. It was in game and you literally had to do nothing except click an item to get the buff. I didn't even use it nor would I but holy shit get over yourself. No bans would come from this nor should they if Blizzard didn't want anyone under level 100 to get the buff then do a better job testing your game before releasing something.

Ashodin

Wow who let Gemusepizza out of his bed this morning

Dude they are not going to ban anyone using this since they hotfixed it without any warning. It settles the matter and puts everything back in its place.

I got only TWO levels out of it on my priest before I had to sleep (wife > wow).

Suffice it to say it wasn't much of an exploit. How is gaining more levels an advantage over someone? It's not like we're guaranteed money when we level up.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
THIS BUFF IS RIDICULOUS

First there was ExpGate where truth-y-ism won over math. Despite the net gain in experience from 6 invasions every 4 hours versus 2 every 4 hours, it felt like less experience. Now we have Buffgate. What will be the next scandal on As Azeroth Turns?

I'm almost shard-capped on my Monk. Got all of the transmog sets with my Warrior, Demon Hunter and Hunter, just bought the cloth set since I don't currently have a caster. I bought 4 Felbat Pups, and 11 Coalesced Fel upgrades from chests. I guess once I buy the cape, ring, choker and trinket I'm going ham buying more Felbat Pups and just sitting on them to see if they ever gain in value.

These greater blessings are all so shit, why do they even exist, they're just waste of spaces.

Even the might one which looks good on paper, barely does anything.

These greater blessings are all so shit, why do they even exist, they're just waste of spaces.

Even the might one which looks good on paper, barely does anything.
I don't know what purpose they serve either. I was surprised to see them still exist in some form even after they removed buffs.

Fjordson

This is't quite the same, but the buff / exploit argument reminds me of when hunters could tame this Worgen that showed up during a quest. It was a wolf mob that transformed into some sort of super wolf, but the model was a worgen which would become your pet if you timed the tame right.

I remember there was a gigantic thread on the forums with people arguing for and against it. Even had some people calling out the hunters that wanted to keep the model because they felt taming a worgen was a form of slavery :lol

Obviously Blizz got rid of it a few weeks later and everyone's worgen went back to a regular wolf, but the argument was entertaining while it lasted.

Somnia

Any tips to soloing Razorgore in BWL? I've attempted it a couple times to no avail. Someone said to drop control every once in awhile to gain agro, but the mobs keep running at him.

cdyhybrid

Any tips to soloing Razorgore in BWL? I've attempted it a couple times to no avail. Someone said to drop control every once in awhile to gain agro, but the mobs keep running at him.
Yeah, about halfway through I manually drop control, AOE whatever us around me, and immediately click the orb again. Two mind controls is usually enough to clear the eggs.

I wish I didn't have to leave for an appointment in an hour, I could get this monk to cap for sure today if I didn't. Oh well, think I'll have him at 85 before I have to log-off and head out.

ampere

Gemüsepizza;214123491 said:

l6u0UiQ.jpg
We get it. You don't approve of using the buff for low level characters

ampere

If you play a class with a healing spec, you can target Razorgore while MCing him and cast an instant heal and it'll heal him to full. Don't need healing gear or anything

biaxident

For razor gore you dont need to kill a single add, set your guy underneath the orb (like on the main floor) click it, get razor on the platform where the orb is, shove him into the middle of the back wall. Wait for 2 full channels, no more adds spawn then use razor to kill eggs. Easy stuff.

Top Bottom