• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Fjordson

"Arthas Shmarthas."

This definitely doesn't suck, either:

497675-shaman-tier-19-mythic.jpg

The shaman set seems to actually have different versions for each element, not sure how that works.
Damn, that looks amazing imo.

Has anyone read the description on Humongris one of the world bosses? It is really fun:D

Humongris has always had the dream of wielding magic. After finding he had no aptitude in the arcane arts, Humongris settled for instead wielding a wizard. Humongris sought out and captured the mage Padawsen and now wields him as a wand, using threats of violence and a tightening grip to hurl magic around the battlefield.

and here is a pic of him wielding his wand:D

300px-Humongris.jpg
This is also amazing.

Fularu

Banned
It's been posted everywhere: here, reddit, MMO-Champion, even the official forums. Yeah, they know lol

And since it only works for invasions, they probably won't care too much (unless it gets out of hand).

I mean there's only 10 days left to the xpac

lazygecko

What were those SharedMedia bar graphics called with the fancy ornaments and stuff? I thought those were bundled with SharedMedia but apparently not.

Lanrutcon

Odd thing: all my characters no longer do the idle casting animation. The stance where they stand with their weapons sheaved in combat.

Rafy

Ok, I found out why my ilvl was so low. I was using the casting sword without an off-hand item. Got the ilvl710 PVP off-hand and I am at 702 average now.

Now all I need to do is transfer my main to Draenor (EU) instead of being stuck on this PVP realm, and see if anyone is willing to show me the ropes in raiding. I am hoping to get the moose mount in time.

Did they end up fixing the bugged staff in the end?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope there will be a glyph for shadow priests to disable Shadowform. Glyph of Shadow is not enough in my opinion.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I should look into older 10m raids when they had different loot, there might be some good weapon models there, or some good tier colors

edit: yeah I hate that Hunter legion tier. Will stick with my trusty T13 for sure

biaxident

Welp cauldron of mojo says requires level 98, i could get the versatility buff, and armor buff, but not the big one :(

WOA NEVERMIND, sun sphere had the holy buff, got IT!

biaxident

Wow this holy enchantment is so broken, 1 shotting devastators, yes please. Insane amounts of xp since you dont need to worry about tagging really. So good.

Apathy

Wow this holy enchantment is so broken, 1 shotting devastators, yes please. Insane amounts of xp since you dont need to worry about tagging really. So good.

It's so good and fun

They could easily hotfix them all to require level 98.

I suspect that's what they'll do, either that or phase them out unless you're on the Broken Shore questline.

You two shush. Don't take this away from me

The less people know about it the better. This is a nice thing going here. Even more levels!

I'm surprised it hasn't been hotfixed already. It's clearly a dev oversight and there's a solution already in place, the level gate applied to the Broken Shore Voodoo buff. The other three buffs just need to have the same tag applied.

Not that the Broken Shore buffs net you some monstrous advantage. I get maybe a third more experience per invasion with them but there's only only a finite amount of enemies in Stage 3.

biaxident

I'm surprised it hasn't been hotfixed already. It's clearly a dev oversight and there's a solution already in place, the level gate applied to the Broken Shore Voodoo buff. The other three buffs just need to have the same tag applied.

Not that the Broken Shore buffs net you some monstrous advantage. I get maybe a third more experience per invasion with them but there's only only a finite amount of enemies in Stage 3.

On this tanaris one, I killed at least 20 elites, got well over 250k xp total from stage 3, was amazing.

I'm in cleft of shadow, no portal to blasted lands, what gives? Level 88 here.

So I am finally nearing lvl 70. I started playing Wow for the first time 3 weeks ago maybe. My goal was to get to 100 before the expansion hit and I have about 7 legion chests just waiting for me to 100. I am very tempted to just use my 100 boost but am hesitant. This is my main character (only character, really) and I doubt I will get there before the 30th. Should I just use the boost and see what all the excitement is about being at max level or will I be missing out on some experience by skipping the next 30+ levels?

I am kind of lost in the game tbh. All my quests barely give me any XP (they are mostly old, lower level) and the game isn't pushing me to go anywhere that has high XP. I am doing dungeons regularly, same with invasions, I monk my way to Pandara and get the 50% buff on all XP for an hour. Last night I just figured out Outland is a thing but have no idea why it exists and what to do there. (I picked up some items in a dungeon telling me to see Aldor or Scryers and give them to him/her. I walked around for 45 minutes in Scryers and nobody would take anything. IDK.) I am hoping for a little push one way or another so I am ready for the 30th.

biaxident

So I am finally nearing lvl 70. I started playing Wow for the first time 3 weeks ago maybe. My goal was to get to 100 before the expansion hit and I have about 7 legion chests just waiting for me to 100. I am very tempted to just use my 100 boost but am hesitant. This is my main character (only character, really) and I doubt I will get there before the 30th. Should I just use the boost and see what all the excitement is about being at max level or will I be missing out on some experience by skipping the next 30+ levels?

I am kind of lost in the game tbh. All my quests barely give me any XP (they are mostly old, lower level) and the game isn't pushing me to go anywhere that has high XP. I am doing dungeons regularly, same with invasions, I monk my way to Pandara and get the 50% buff on all XP for an hour. Last night I just figured out Outland is a thing but have no idea why it exists and what to do there. (I picked up some items in a dungeon telling me to see Aldor or Scryers and give them to him/her. I walked around for 45 minutes in Scryers and nobody would take anything. IDK.) I am hoping for a little push one way or another so I am ready for the 30th.

Adventure guide (Shift J) should always have new zone starting quests there for you to click if you don't know where to go. Best way to level right is invasions easily. Grab the holy enchantment buff, for horde its outside org, near the belf npc, click the sun sphere. Stage 3/4 of invasions, 1 shot as many elite demons as you can, easy levels. But since you haven't done the story, at 68 you can start northrend questing, go to borean tundra or fjord and start questing, pretty decent zones.

Robin64

Gemüsepizza;214117128 said:
Hope all players who exploit will be banned in-game. And smh at people boasting here.

It's "clever use of game mechanics", man. Also, why so miserable? Did someone steal your kills? :)

Adventure guide (Shift J) should always have new zone starting quests there for you to click if you don't know where to go. Best way to level right is invasions easily. Grab the holy enchantment buff, for horde its outside org, near the belf npc, click the sun sphere. Stage 3/4 of invasions, 1 shot as many elite demons as you can, easy levels. But since you haven't done the story, at 68 you can start northrend questing, go to borean tundra or fjord and start questing, pretty decent zones.

Thank you . I will start these tonight.

Lanrutcon

Buff will get hotfixed tomorrow morning, for sure. I can solo _anything_ on my low level priest during invasions.

Gemüsepizza;214117128 said:
I hope all players who exploit will be banned in-game. And smh at people boasting here.

You should relax. We've got 2 weeks of invasions left and they'll fix it in a snap. Plenty of xp for everyone.

Trickster

Does survival spec ever become not trash? Trying to use it for leveling and it just feels abysmal. Also ran into a ret pala my own level that just could kill me easily without taking any fucking dmg even with 2 big invasion elites on him

Banned for what? Clearing trash virtually no one else is attacking? Half the people afk in the zone, most everyone else just zerg rushes bosses and elites. It's a dev oversight that's going to be easily fixed, if or when they decide to fix it.

Robin64

Gemüsepizza;214117884 said:
It is an exploit, period. And yes, those cheaters are mass-killing npcs which are needed by others to level their characters. How can anyone defend this crap?

You can do it too, you know.

Wtf. It is a buff designed for a specific scenario instance for high level characters. Using this on your low-level character to instant kill elite enemies is certainly not intended.

You can do it too, you know.

I am not a cheater like some people in here.

Banned for what? Clearing trash virtually no one else is attacking? Half the people afk in the zone, most everyone else just zerg rushes bosses and elites. It's a dev oversight that's going to be easily fixed, if or when they decide to fix it.

What the hell are you talking about? Killing "trash" is the main source of XP for any leveling characters since the recent nerfs. People who use this exploit are completely ruining the game for other players.

Zelias

Banned
Did it just get hotfixed? Level 69 Priest, my Holy Smite (the damage from the buff) was doing 100k, now it's doing 10k - still nice, but I ain't soloing named mobs with it. And that's totally fair.

Lanrutcon

Gemüsepizza;214118943 said:
What the hell are you talking about? Killing "trash" is the main source of XP for any leveling characters since the recent nerfs. People who use this exploit are completely ruining the game for other players.

I'm missing something here. How are they ruining it for you? the entire map is full of trash that respawns in seconds. Go find a corner, park there and just kill kill kill.

Wtf. It is a buff designed for a specific scenario instance for high level characters. Using this on your low-level character to instant kill elite enemies is certainly not intended.

Life of the party here folks.

Or not sure if trolling. Last paragraph getting into "hard to believe someone actually thinks like this" territory.

I'm missing something here. How are they ruining it for you? the entire map is full of trash that respawns in seconds. Go find a corner, park there and just kill kill kill.

Yes you are missing something here. Trash does not just respawn, and certainly not in seconds. Also how are you supposed to do this if the event is so quickly over?

Life of the party here folks.

Or not sure if trolling. Last paragraph getting into "hard to believe someone actually thinks like this" territory.

Really? Hard to believe that there are people who are against exploiting, especially when it directly affects them in a negative way?

Lanrutcon

Gemüsepizza;214119399 said:
Yes you are missing something here. Trash does not just respawn, and certainly not in seconds. Also how are you supposed to do this if the event is so quickly over?

I'm serious. Just did a stint in Azshara and then in the Barrens. Stuff respawns in Wave 3 and 4.

(And it's fixed now :p)

biaxident

Did it just get hotfixed? Level 69 Priest, my Holy Smite (the damage from the buff) was doing 100k, now it's doing 10k - still nice, but I ain't soloing named mobs with it. And that's totally fair.

My buff started doing 22k as well. So blizz intends to leave it, just finally scaled it to level, not bad.

And how are we ruining everyones experience? I need to level so I kill things, if anyone tags the mob I get no xp, this buff just helps ensure no one tags the mob really. I got 85% of my level last invasion, its doing the good work.

Zelias

Banned
Gemüsepizza;214119399 said:

Really? Hard to believe that there are people who are against exploiting, especially when it directly affects them in a negative way?
Since it got fixed, maybe you could stop being a gloomy gus and actually do some invasions. And be sure to pick up the buff now you can't one-shot minibosses with it!

Xeteh

A buff that you do nothing but walk up and grab that is intended for killing demons. They specifically made the bandages require level 98 but the buffs do not. If they change it, fine... but holy shit, get off your high horse. Your definition of cheating is crazy.

Since it got fixed, maybe you could stop being a gloomy gus and actually do some invasions. And be sure to pick up the buff now you can't one-shot minibosses with it!

He won't be happy until everyone is banned and hopefully life in prison.

Top Bottom