• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Zelias

Banned
Got three of the four alts I'm levelling via invasions to 70. Just my Monk to go, who is 65. Hoping to hit that tonight, Enlightenment is insane for XP.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
DKs, DHs, Druids, Pallys, Shamans and Warlocks get amazing tier sets in tier 19. Warrior's one is pretty terrible, though.

JWHqtRA.jpg

It looks like a dungeon set with pasted on burning horns.

^ Most of the mythic sets are overdesigned tacky ass crap, the leveling sets are better.

Arms PVP is really fun, I feel like a fucking freight train with the right talents, even without smash up.

My only problems are with colossus smash being such a long CD with RNG resets, rng can really fuck you up the ass, it's a special pita when target swapping, that charge resetting CS's CD pvp talent is going to be mandatory.

Fury PVP doesn't feel that great, but I'll give it another try in a bit, especially since I prefer it for PVE, but something doesn't translate well across, just does not feel anywhere near as effective or fun.

Ashodin

Paladin set is baller as fuck

Also I'm noticing they're trying to add more actual physical parts onto the armor instead of just textures thank green jesus

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
DKs, DHs, Druids, Pallys, Shamans and Warlocks get amazing tier sets in tier 19. Warrior's one is pretty terrible, though.

JWHqtRA.jpg

It looks like a dungeon set with pasted on burning horns.

Warlock is ok at best, far from aamzing. Opinions, how do they work

biaxident

The buff is still insane for invasions, the proc still 1 shots most demons, just not felguards or elites, or the big looking dudes. Just 10 levels to go.

Tarazet

Can someone give me a crash course on Mages? I have no idea what I'm doing.

Icy-Veins has guides in for each spec. In the talent builds they also have suggestion for leveling or dungeon builds vs. the pure raid DPS formulas. I've used their advice for years and rarely been led wrong.

No bias - I am a moderator on the Druid forum

Is it expected that we can cap main artifact during the first raidtier (and maby it gets more spells next tiers) or is the current artifact upgrades running through most of the expansion? Struggling to find any info about it.

cdyhybrid

Is it expected that we can cap main artifact during the first raidtier (and maby it gets more spells next tiers) or is the current artifact upgrades running through most of the expansion? Struggling to find any info about it.
Depends on what you mean by cap. There are 20 Paragon-ish traits that unlock after you unlock all the base ones which will probably take a long time to finish.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

youre struggling to find info on artifacts? whut? really whut?

:)

Got my monk to 85 before I had to log-off. I can't fucking wait to hit 90 later on tonight. Invasions and pathfinder are gonna make Draenor fly by.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
BURN EVERYTHING

Alternatively

FREEZE EVERYTHING

Icy-Veins has guides in for each spec. In the talent builds they also have suggestion for leveling or dungeon builds vs. the pure raid DPS formulas. I've used their advice for years and rarely been led wrong.

No bias - I am a moderator on the Druid forum
^^^There's your real answer, though

Raxious

Help me out guys, I currently have a 100 DK, DH and Druid. My first 100 was the Druid who I was tanking with the entire time, but once I hit 100 I switched to balance cause I Legion was nearing and I didn't want to waste time reading up on tanking tactics for dungeons / raids I'd be running for only 2 weeks. I might be switching back to Guardian with Legion though.

I also got my 100 boost still available. Thanks to the invasion glitches I was able to get a mage to 76 and warlock to 60+. Now I'm tempted to use the 100 boost on the Mage, would it be worth it? I really enjoyed playing the class. The problem is, is that I'm kinda done with leveling cause I did nothing else these past few days.

biaxident

I wish there was a better way to go from dun murough to westfall as horde, on my 150% mount it just takes forever as my buff ticks away... sad times.

Question about Artifact weapons, if this is even known yet.

From what I've read in here and briefly heard discussed on the Giant Bombcast, the artifact weapon is basically a weapon that levels up with you, specific to your class and spec.

Are we also going to have access to other new weapons in Legion? That may sound like a silly question. It sounds weird to me - if the artifact weapon is objectively the best weapon for your spec, wouldn't that mean everyone is just running around with the same weapon? Will weapons drop from dungeons and what-not that are better than the artifacts? A world where everyone uses the same weapon seems kind of bland to me - but I don't think I know enough about it yet.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Help me out guys, I currently have a 100 DK, DH and Druid. My first 100 was the Druid who I was tanking with the entire time, but once I hit 100 I switched to balance cause I Legion was nearing and I didn't want to waste time reading up on tanking tactics for dungeons / raids I'd be running for only 2 weeks. I might be switching back to Guardian with Legion though.

I also got my 100 boost still available. Thanks to the invasion glitches I was able to get a mage to 76 and warlock to 60+. Now I'm tempted to use the 100 boost on the Mage, would it be worth it? I really enjoyed playing the class. The problem is, is that I'm kinda done with leveling cause I did nothing else these past few days.
I boosted a mage from 0 to 100 having no prior experience with the class past level 15 or so, and primarily playing melee or tanks throughout the years. I really like it. Fire is the "best" spec right now but the other two are still viable, and all three are fun to play.

Whooter

From what I've read in here and briefly heard discussed on the Giant Bombcast, the artifact weapon is basically a weapon that levels up with you, specific to your class and spec.

Are we also going to have access to other new weapons in Legion? That may sound like a silly question. It sounds weird to me - if the artifact weapon is objectively the best weapon for your spec, wouldn't that mean everyone is just running around with the same weapon? Will weapons drop from dungeons and what-not that are better than the artifacts? A world where everyone uses the same weapon seems kind of bland to me - but I don't think I know enough about it yet.

I have not encountered a single weapon-drop in my time with the beta once I got the artifact weapon. Or maybe even before. You kind of go off on the Artifact Weapon quest chain almost immediately.

Artanisix

no additional weapons drop. weapon upgrades / runes will drop instead. there are tons of skins and color variants for the artifact weapons so not everyone is going to be running around with the same one.

cdyhybrid

Weapons don't drop, but relics drop, which are basically gems you socket into your Artifact to raise its ilvl/dps. Everyone of that spec will be using the same weapon, but they have multiple skins/color schemes and you can also xmog them to a non-artifact model.

Rhaknar

yooooo Frost is awesome. At least fun wise. The comets from the last tier look awesome and on a short cd, havent tried the icicle yet. and the laser!

fuck I really dont need another class messing me up to what to play >_<

I have not encountered a single weapon-drop in my time with the beta once I got the artifact weapon. Or maybe even before. You kind of go off on the Artifact Weapon quest chain almost immediately.

no additional weapons drop. weapon upgrades / runes will drop instead. there are tons of skins and color variants for the artifact weapons so not everyone is going to be running around with the same one.

Weapons don't drop, but relics drop, which are basically gems you socket into your Artifact to raise its ilvl/dps. Everyone of that spec will be using the same weapon, but they have multiple skins/color schemes and you can also xmog them to a non-artifact model.

Thanks for the quick answers guys!

Hopefully the feeling of picking up a new rune/upgrade will match the excitement of a new weapon dropping. I'll miss that feeling, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I'm sure this has been asked before... but what happens if you respec?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

fire = pretty easy. Opener is the only "complex" part.. Opener is

pre-cast Pyroblast
pot
CDs
fireball until heating up procs. when heating up procs
rune of power
combustion
fire blast
pyroblast
fire blast
pyroblast
flame on
fire blast
pyroblast
fire blast
pyroblast
fireball
pyroblast (only true if you are fast enough to score this last one)

once that happens, you basically spam fireball until heating up procs, then fire blast (which is off GCD), then pyroblast on the next GCD. Combustion is 2m CD, so you can at least get one more Flame On in there the first time you run out of Fire blast charges.

"omg.. that is a lot"... it's not. when you actually perform the last paragraph, it's not complicated (but also a little dynamic, so not super boring). the hardest part is getting that opener down (which becomes 100% static at Rune of Power and down)

the next step is learning to move as a fire mage. everything above, the only time you can't move (aside from rune of power) is during fireball casts. so it's learning to move during everything else, and if you HAVE TO move during fireball, cast ice floes first.

cdyhybrid

Thanks for the quick answers guys!

Hopefully the feeling of picking up a new rune/upgrade will match the excitement of a new weapon dropping. I'll miss that feeling, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I'm sure this has been asked before... but what happens if you respec?
You get the quests for your off spec artifacts at 102.

Trinkets and legendary items are the new "big" drops.

Ashodin

yooooo Frost is awesome. At least fun wise. The comets from the last tier look awesome and on a short cd, havent tried the icicle yet. and the laser!

fuck I really dont need another class messing me up to what to play >_<

honestly I thought you'd played them all by now

biaxident

teleport to stonard
kissiqs5k.gif

You know since I'm mainly alliance, the other day I was wondering what the equivalent to theramore port was, I had no idea it's stonard lol. Appreciate the tip. I had just enough gold on my hordies to get epic flying on the lock. I figure vendoring the gear from boxes will replenish the gold.

HowZatOZ

Banned
That buff was fun while it lasted, one shotting commanders was hilarious. People are going to try and find some way of getting faster XP, the current system isn't exactly the greatest when it was changed for no real reason.

It's clear invasions were meant for XP grinding as a way to get character's to 100, otherwise why bother attaching XP to participating. Nerfing it just seems strange, like they didn't expect people to actually level with it and try to break the mundane task of levelling through old content with something new.

Rhaknar

whats a good Frost looking set up to T13?

seems like normal colors T11 or 25m T7 are the most "frosty"

biaxident

I'm doing the skip tanaan intro draenor thing with the fire in timeless isle. Afterwards I just fly to the garrison location and do a few quests? I really just want some treasures in between invasions lol.

bearbomb

Neo Member
Y'all think it's worth it to try and get a flying mount for draenor if I haven't at this point? Do you think Blizzard will make it something easier/buyable in the future or should I just bite the bullet and do it?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Y'all think it's worth it to try and get a flying mount for draenor if I haven't at this point? Do you think Blizzard will make it something easier/buyable in the future or should I just bite the bullet and do it?

You mean getting Draenor flight? I mean, you still got a bit before Legion comes out, it gives you something to do until then.

Depends on where you are in Tanaan rep. You might have an easier time of it coming back post Legion when you're overleveled and doing it then.

Something to do and you get a mount out of it. Might as well, I suppose.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
What buff are you guys talking about? I've tried to go back and find it in the thread but can't. Can it help my (now) 41 Warrior? =O

Huh the more I try to learn about professions the more confused I get. It seems like they've said that you can gather/make everything from skill level one and that higher skill levels reduces the number of required materials or increases your output? Surely there is some kind of level requirement in terms of training or learning recipes though or you wouldn't need to bother leveling your profession or character up. The other thing I'm confused about are these profession quests. Are they intended to be the primary way you get recipes or is that just the way that you upgrade recipes you buy from the trainer (and is this different from the bonus you get with a higher skill level)?

Basically, if I'm a level 100 alchemy alt, what do I need to do in order to be able to craft the standard potions/flasks that my main might need. Do I need to level up before I can even train in Legion Alchemy or have profession tiers been completely removed? Do I need to do a bunch of alchemy quests to get the recipes to make the potions, and if so, how are those quests obtained? Heck, do I even need to be level 100 if I can craft all the Legion recipes from skill level one in the first place?

I get the normal limitations like BOP materials that are needed for high-end recipes or special recipes that are locked by reputations and things of that nature.

Depends on what you mean by cap. There are 20 Paragon-ish traits that unlock after you unlock all the base ones which will probably take a long time to finish.

What I mean is, during the months where the first raids of the expansion are the current, will the amount of artifact power you can get be enough to fill out all the traits in the weapon(and maby also the 1-20 extra power one), and then lead to posibly even more traits being added during next big raidrelease. Or is it designed so it will take much longer time collecting enough AP to reach all traits filled.

Skab

Do invasion chests not drop weapons if youre 100 or something?

Got a bow when I was at 98, but have yet to get anything other than two glaives to drop after hitting 100.

Rhaknar

Do invasion chests not drop weapons if youre 100 or something?

Got a bow when I was at 98, but have yet to get anything other than two glaives to drop after hitting 100.

they do. just unlucky I guess. Just got the caster sword on my first green chest on the mage /shrug

I don't think I have any, ha ha I didn't play much in the previous expansion and now I am on a new character.

I looked into this as someone who also stopped playing before shipyards or that new zone went live, and to me it didn't seem like it would be worth it unless you wanted to level multiple alts from 90-100 using techniques that require a flying mount. You have to do a bunch of stuff, most of which is doable, but the problem is you're required to get revered with 3 factions and 2 are locked by dailies which take a couple weeks to finish. You can buy an item off the AH to boost your rep with all of them by 1,000, but they're extremely expensive (~3.5k gold).

biaxident

I believe I heard somewhere that the 1-20 paragon part of the weapon will take forever to level, the AP needed is exponential. Like a year or 2 is what the vid said, not sure if its been updated lately though.

Top Bottom